Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,916 comments
Do you like it better than rFactor 2?
It depends on why you are asking. If you are asking to make up your mind, then it does not matter what I like better (or anyone else) R3E is always free to try and even free to play with all content all week end so try it and decide if you like it a lot, a little or not at all. RF2 is on sale for 10$ in Steam.
If you are asking because you are curious what I personally prefer, it is a little weird, as in why would you care what I, among every one else, like better. Still, since you asked. As an avid Passionated VR SIM driver I have a lot of fun in R3E, even more now with the new update and I am still totally baffled why some people like RF2, some aspect are ok but as a whole it is a pathetic SIM experience. I have tried hard to like it, still load it every one and then to check update and what not, but every time I close it after very little time wondering what the few who like it can find in there to have fun. I recently wrote RF2 is not a game, not even a SIM it is a religion to those who like it. I hope I helped you with my reply and also hope you will have fun trying both and keep playing what brings a smile on your face.

Fat-Alfie's 26km-long Fonteny circuit has just appeared at Racedepartment.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fonteny.30137/

Uuuurgh. What bad timing for my Fanatec DD1 to have just died. Anyway...

Hope all of you Racedepartment AC enthusiasts have a great XMAS! :cheers:
Could not click download fast enough for this one! However I did take time to choose the car for first drive. Settled on the 1965 Alfa Romeo GTA. Oh man. I can spend hours just cruising this track. But it's Sunday before Christmas and I have things to do. :(

So I've been messing about with making skins and I thought I'd have a go at the Ligier JS8. Not sure why I chose to do this skin but I did. What do you guys think?

f5barxX.jpg

Does anyone know how to make rims the same way round on each side? They point upwards on the other side and look a bit wrong.

IUoHUqf.jpg

What was it you were smoking when you made this ? :D

Yeah, I want some, reminds me of a van I rode in from Dallas to Austin to see a bunch of bands back in '76 and I don't even remember who they were now :lol:

also in case anyone wants them I made new outline.png's and maps for NAGP mid-ohio track and took the preview shots from the other 2 Mid ohio tracks out there. So it now looks something like this:
sshot-708.jpg

Get it here -
nagp_mid_ohio-New UI and maps.rar 503 KB
https://mega.nz/#!C5olXQ4B!-SB6NJiG4O7GJpc4pwfbsg_xlt-65pgaODJlG7onsqQ

Yeah, I want some, reminds me of a van I rode in from Dallas to Austin to see a bunch of bands back in '76 and I don't even remember who they were now :lol:

:lol: That's the best kind of road trip, especially if you can't remember any of it

Thanks for the outline.

After AC and ACC, R3E is my third favorite

Picked up ACC in the last couple days and like it pretty good. But after messing around with R3E since yesterday, I'd say I like it better than ACC.

You can run really high resolution and settings at 60fps. They have everything highly optimized. Can run large grids of cars too.

I think it's very well thought out and executed for doing custom races. AI is good as well.

Oh, and Crewchief works with it too...which adds a lot in itself. They even say the drivers names.

Cote Dazur I Agree about Motegi....that was like visiting an old friend.

Picked up ACC in the last couple days and like it pretty good. But after messing around with R3E since yesterday, I'd say I like it better than ACC.

You can run really high resolution and settings at 60fps. They have everything highly optimized. Can run large grids of cars too.

I think it's very well thought out and executed for doing custom races. AI is good as well.

Oh, and Crewchief works with it too...which adds a lot in itself. They even say the drivers names.

Cote Dazur I Agree about Motegi....that was like visiting an old friend.
Too bad R3E doesn´t have night driving, rain, etc. For what long grids and optimizations is concerned, I think It´s the best sim on the market. My CPU can take it all with this sim...

Does anyone have a good version of fuji with lights? Cheers

I am also looking for a modern Fuji with lights and CSP compatibility, but I do not think there is any available.

Different topic: On Legion's blog the 917K 1971 just appeared as a future release. <3

It depends on why you are asking. If you are asking to make up your mind, then it does not matter what I like better (or anyone else) R3E is always free to try and even free to play with all content all week end so try it and decide if you like it a lot, a little or not at all. RF2 is on sale for 10$ in Steam.
If you are asking because you are curious what I personally prefer, it is a little weird, as in why would you care what I, among every one else, like better. Still, since you asked. As an avid Passionated VR SIM driver I have a lot of fun in R3E, even more now with the new update and I am still totally baffled why some people like RF2, some aspect are ok but as a whole it is a pathetic SIM experience. I have tried hard to like it, still load it every one and then to check update and what not, but every time I close it after very little time wondering what the few who like it can find in there to have fun. I recently wrote RF2 is not a game, not even a SIM it is a religion to those who like it. I hope I helped you with my reply and also hope you will have fun trying both and keep playing what brings a smile on your face.
I get the feeling you're not a fan of rF2.

@dragster666 There you go. I had to change the badge to Nissan as it threw up an error in CM with the MINES badge

https://mega.nz/#!PXAmnaYA!R_x3ZUUwkeot24Y-4T7rlHZ-eMAT2_0OcUBVV3j9B1A

Also check out this https://mega.nz/#!8rAlyCgT!L3uNs6IjSl62-s3QN-vEHpKCq8RQ5MjCzTSF21Wcj-s and go here https://discordapp.com/channels/500246817833877505/507537331050381323 for a load of awesome skins.

EDIT: I haven't got the R32 but i'm on a mission to find it now lol
this guy has it but he won't share it.

and only found this about the fb page if i only had a vk account to request it being reuploaded.
2019.12.22-22.06.png

Someone reported with CustomShadersPatch v0.1.32 there is no (or way less) flickering - at least in VR.
Just finished trying that when I read this.

It does not help the flickering I got (it's always the same but only present at the place I showed in the picture) but it does help avoiding the lights popping like in my earlier posted pictures.
- 0.1.32: flickering - street and car lights are OK
- 0.1.33 and 34: flickering - car lights are on but don't shed lightbeams, street lights are popping up.
- 0.1.35: flickering - car lights are OK - street lights are popping up.

I noticed (discord) that other people seem to have the same issue, even in VR.
(I'm on triples btw).

Last edited:
Shader 205 still proving to be the most stable. Since this latest batch came out, steered away for now.
Plus with 205, you still get dust and gravel flying when clipping off track, no vegetables.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back