Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
Hi Guys. I need some help. I did find this track on Youtube: "Sun City" - a GTA mod (download link in the video description):

I was very impressed by the size and quality of the freeroam track. Unfortunately the track has no map. And the "normal" ways to produce a map in CM (using the surfaces or making an AI-line) dont work on this track. So the question is: Is there any other way to create a map for an existing track? Thank you.

looks great, like Hong kong city

nobody sues anybody for mods. Would be a total waste of money. Please guys just think BEFORE posting.
yes I know, but I heard that turn 10 studio shut down a website that some ac modder converts Forza track into ac and got shut down from turn 10. that bothers me so much because I have some packed mods for ac and from that the model was from simbin.

yes I know, but I heard that turn 10 studio shut down a website that some ac modder converts Forza track into ac and got shut down from turn 10. that bothers me so much because I have some packed mods for ac and from that the model was from simbin.
I'm not a lawyer but in these cases the worst thing happens is a "cease and desist letter". Meaning a warning to remove infringing content.

Think about the logistics of carrying a lawsuit against a modder (probably in another country) anyway. Doesn't make sense.

I'm not a lawyer but in these cases the worst thing happens is a "cease and desist letter". Meaning a warning to remove infringing content.

Think about the logistics of carrying a lawsuit against a modder (probably in another country) anyway. Doesn't make sense.
so, is it fine?

hey, some question here. does simbin ever sue ac modding comunity?

No, nobody does. Straight up, you're going to pay a lawyer $150+ an hour minimum. Then the lawyer has to do work to get a person in another country to comply (good luck taking them to court). And the only way they(you) get their money back plus what their suing for is to win.

It would never in a million years happen.
Just ask yourself if your name was "xxxxxxxx", you willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars for what exact compensation based on what exact statue? They dont hold a single binding copyright for starters.
Aint happening.

Hi Guys. I need some help. I did find this track on Youtube: "Sun City" - a GTA mod (download link in the video description):

I was very impressed by the size and quality of the freeroam track. Unfortunately the track has no map. And the "normal" ways to produce a map in CM (using the surfaces or making an AI-line) dont work on this track. So the question is: Is there any other way to create a map for an existing track? Thank you.

Looks pretty sick. As far as Map, i think you can create something in Content Manager, but maybe i think wrong

I play this track, it's entertaining, but it always increase mi CPU to high levels. Idk why, because it's not a huge map.

@Fanapryde And anyone else who wants it lol.

Just finished my first 'serious' skin....no trippy psychedelics this time lol.
Although this took me way longer than it probably should have done I learned a lot making this one. I'm proper chuffed with how it turned out.

Anyways, get yourself over to RD and grab it if you want a Gulf skin for a mini :D

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/terry-milnes-gulf-mini-skin.30174/

do15sUN.jpg

Hey sorry for off-topic. i just wanted to show you guys the Real Carbon fiber DTM wheel i made for my rig. ive been waiting 1 month for the carbon face plate to ship and worked all night making it and wrapping the handles. i dont really have alot of people to share it with so thats why i wanted to show you guys. none of my irl friends sim race. ill post a picture of the DTM wheel i was trying to imitate too
View attachment 876117 Thats my wheel right there. (thrust master open wheel was used as the base)

View attachment 876121 And here is the wheel from the real car that i tried my best to imitate.
Looks fantastic!!!

Merry Christmas

Map

Attachments

• map.zip
    399 KB · Views: 60
Should be fine. So long as you’re not charging people for the mods then it should be alright

Is the correct answer...... if no one ever gets in trouble then why do URD and RSS not have any logo's etc?

There is always the chance that if a company wanted to they could ruin you....lets face it forget all this "lawyer cost 150 per hour" rubbish, if you got a formal letter from say Turn 10 / microsoft about ripping mods, you would **** yourself and remove all traces before they got anywhere near spending any money....

Is the correct answer...... if no one ever gets in trouble then why do URD and RSS not have any logo's etc?

There is always the chance that if a company wanted to they could ruin you....lets face it forget all this "lawyer cost 150 per hour" rubbish, if you got a formal letter from say Turn 10 / microsoft about ripping mods, you would **** yourself and remove all traces before they got anywhere near spending any money....
You are making this too complicated. If a company wanted to pursue URD or RSS they'd still have a case for likeness. A BMW with its logo removed still looks like a BMW. Everybody's just playing along. There's no benefit to pursue a case against a fan of your game. URD's just avoiding a shutdown of their sites by removing the logos. That's all really.

I've seen full fan made games of company IPs and yet to see an action more serious than a cease and desist letter. Companies won't sue modders. They would only lose.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back