Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
Installed cameras from Jody in the track Prague. Truly small cars, maybe something needs to be changed. Nissan is really good!
Video

RTM being RTM he F up the wing animations on the tsr-s.

How they work irl.
zenvo-tsr-s-wing.gif

I can suggest handlebar tape for cycling. Literally made to be handled, very comfortable.

Edit: Looked at the image again and it seems you already used handlebar tape. I'll be honest, you need to strengthen your wrapping skills :D

That's good to know, thanks. I too used to deal with sticky residue on my handlebars.
Yea I was just going to say. I tried out the wheel. And my handles feel like absolute ****. All lumpy and uneven. If I unwrap it and try it again do you have any tips?

You are making this too complicated. If a company wanted to pursue URD or RSS they'd still have a case for likeness. A BMW with its logo removed still looks like a BMW. Everybody's just playing along. There's no benefit to pursue a case against a fan of your game. URD's just avoiding a shutdown of their sites by removing the logos. That's all really.

I've seen full fan made games of company IPs and yet to see an action more serious than a cease and desist letter. Companies won't sue modders. They would only lose.

So like i said.... they COULD ruin you...i.e. shutting down URD or RSS sites.....
There may not be any point in them pursuing modders...but that doesn't mean they can't.

Kenneth shouldn't need to worry about using simbin models, but if someone who owned the actual IP decided they wanted to they could make him shut down his website...i mean he shat himself already about it enough to come on here asking questions and they haven't so much as sent him an email....

Yea I was just going to say. I tried out the wheel. And my handles feel like absolute ****. All lumpy and uneven. If I unwrap it and try it again do you have any tips?
Looks like you used cork tape. They stretch a lot, you should pull and stretch it while wrapping. There's a method for going around joints in this video (watch how he goes around of shifters).

So like i said.... they COULD ruin you...i.e. shutting down URD or RSS sites.....
There may not be any point in them pursuing modders...but that doesn't mean they can't.

Kenneth shouldn't need to worry about using simbin models, but if someone who owned the actual IP decided they wanted to they could make him shut down his website...i mean he shat himself already about it enough to come on here asking questions and they haven't so much as sent him an email....
They could, technically. But they won't. It's never happened. Our Kenneth shouldn't worry.

He's relatively young. I had my "I'm going to prison" scares back when I stole the password to my middle school's website and photoshopped all the portraits of teachers heads onto Blink 182 photos. After a few hours, I deleted the whole site in panic and couldn't sleep for a few days :D

Wonderful! Thank you very much. How did you did this?

And Merry Christmas to you too.

CM has problem generating the map if you use the original model.ini file, because of memory limitation when the map is too system demanding.
What I did was to find kn5 files that would generate the biggest map, i.e. roads/tracks/pits at extreme places, by using 3dsimed or similar software. Modify the model.ini files to including only these kn5 files and generate a map using CM. Keep a copy of the map.ini file.

Then generate additional maps by modify the model.ini to include kn5 files not used. Repeat until all roads/tracks/pits are covered.
Combine the various maps using the biggest map as base, and use its map.ini file.

Little update of Porsche 918 Spyder, which was posted there before.

Update can includesome improvements/changes relative CSP (Custom Shaders Patch) or something else done for past time. Check some car's paints in the game.
This one also have GPS.

DOWNLOAD (same DL with updated version)
►pass:assettodrive

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
As well, kind and best wishes in upcoming New Year.

i5EWdmW.jpg

q2o6dzR.jpg

supercart - need lot of rework of physics. please someone go on and edit it and share then.

Just gave this a go. It seems to be more difficult to drive than I remember from the real thing (a lot of years ago).
I used the stock setup / medium tires. But imo it lacks grip.
The dash gives no indication for the gear.
While the SC shows up OK in game, it looks a bit weird in previews and CM showroom, be it not the same... :D

CMpreview.png
showroom.png

Edit: 'align using data' in CM and 'update model' took care of it (more or less)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back