Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
I didn't rename meshes but headlights rarely break when editing kn5 via 3DSimED. If I understand it correctly, editing a kn5 file is somewhat a hacky process.
I can't remove spotlight handles, they are tied to dash elements. I can try to remove them from the model file only (fbx) but I don't know how to pack a kn5 file again.
I'll try to remove the details you added and everything else without breaking lights.

@GzeroD and @gladbecker82
Mates. Could you tell me how to make objects invisible by making the texture transparent? Preferably via CM showroom or 3DSimED. Thanks in advance.

Oh I see, still it's a lot of help. Thank you!

@GzeroD and @gladbecker82
Mates. Could you tell me how to make objects invisible by making the texture transparent? Preferably via CM showroom or 3DSimED. Thanks in advance.
If you mean for the whole car, just unpack the KN5, open in kseditor or 3dsimed, and turn the objects "is rendered" into false.

If its just for a skin, it might work to export the texture file into the skin folder, and just use the eraser tool there so its a clear texture.

If you mean for the whole car, just unpack the KN5, open in kseditor or 3dsimed, and turn the objects "is rendered" into false.

If its just for a skin, it might work to export the texture file into the skin folder, and just use the eraser tool there so its a clear texture.
Using the "rendered" method right now. Working well. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Making the objects unrendered instead of deleting them still broke the car lights.
Also CM showroom doesn't show the unrendered objects but AC shows them.

Any thoughts about this?

@gladbecker82 I made the alpha channel completely transparent. Red, blue and green channels are completely black. When I use this texture it appears black. Can it be made transparent this way?

Last edited:
Using the "rendered" method right now. Working well. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Making the objects unrendered instead of deleting them still broke the car lights.
Also CM showroom doesn't show the unrendered objects but AC shows them.

Any thoughts about this?

@gladbecker82 I made the alpha channel completely transparent. Red, blue and green channels are completely black. When I use this texture it appears black. Can it be made transparent this way?
probably also depends on some shaders. sounds more complicated. i use the eraser and leave the textures empty

Found this Volkswagen Bora mod it sounds dope does anybody have it? the site is down.
This does not sound good:

"""""yep they dissapeared but thats not the problem.They scammed hundreds of dollars from anonymous donators. They were given the money and then they deleted the website but it was too obvious because you had to pay for a mod that it wasnt even done so you can imagine..."""""

"""""yep they dissapeared but thats not the problem.They scammed hundreds of dollars from anonymous donators. They were given the money and then they deleted the website but it was too obvious because you had to pay for a mod that it wasnt even done so you can imagine..."""""
I also found a Wayback Machine archive but no download link. Kinda confirms it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150728081242/http://modstop.net/vwbora/

it sounds good for a vr6. Never knew that they were scammers my bad.

It's just meant as a reference, since updates are more likely to come up from people in this forum, anyway...

OK, I overlooked the Malagoli site (didn't even know it was still there, the track conversion is almost 5 years old).
Anyway, my upload combines the two, so...

Could you send me a transparent dds file if it's not too much? I couldn't do it myself, I'd like to see how you do it.

If you have Paint.NET (free image editor) just open a .dds file click into the picture, press ctrl + a, then delete button and now you have a completely transparent texture. Windows explorer will show it as black in the preview image, but it's transparent.
https://sharemods.com/la1qk0il47db/transparent.dds.html

Nope, not in game. Only in showroom

Screenshot-bk-ford-crown-vic-10-stock-norisring-26-12-119-15-17.jpg

hi guys...i need help, i use the keyboard to drive, with ctrl left key to downshifting, and now a purple or pink line cross the screen when I press the key, is there a solution? and when I start a race in the car appears two coordenate origin axis....how can I disable it? thanks in advance
1.png

*solved
thanks a gergerger I noticed that the issues are product of the onboard widget
and dragster666 gave me a advice about change the key for the downshifting if I am use the widget

Last edited:
hi guys...i need help, i use the keyboard to drive, with ctrl left key to downshifting, and now a purple or pink line cross the screen when I press the key, is there a solution? and when I start a race in the car appears two coordenate origin axis....how can I disable it? thanks in advanceView attachment 876730
try to switch with to the right ctrl. I would recommend using the arrow keys for the gas and the brakes for the steering i would recommend mouse steering if you don't have a controller or a wheel.

hi draggster666, thanks, did you know why is this issue of the line? and I'll prove other combinations of keys...is there other problematics keys?

hi guys...i need help, i use the keyboard to drive, with ctrl left key to downshifting, and now a purple or pink line cross the screen when I press the key, is there a solution? and when I start a race in the car appears two coordenate origin axis....how can I disable it? thanks in advanceView attachment 876730

Hi mate. That pink line appears when the "onboard settings" widget is on. Control key brings a line in the centre of the screen that helps you align the driver position.
Cheers!

try to switch with to the right ctrl. I would recommend using the arrow keys for the gas and the brakes for the steering i would recommend mouse steering if you don't have a controller or a wheel.

Hi mate. That pink line appears when the "onboard settings" widget is on. Control key brings a line in the centre of the screen that helps you align the driver position.
Cheers!
Hi gergerger, thank you so much:cheers:, I had not noticed, the detail of the line and the axes are effectively a product of the widget...:D:D

Attachments

• 6362154C-561B-4DCD-9634-5CCE18262ED4.jpeg
    6362154C-561B-4DCD-9634-5CCE18262ED4.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 42
  • C511C26A-CBDB-4233-85BA-02C11E57173C.jpeg
    C511C26A-CBDB-4233-85BA-02C11E57173C.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 42
  • A29376B6-690B-428C-A9BA-90C2AD597651.jpeg
    A29376B6-690B-428C-A9BA-90C2AD597651.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 41
  • EFA3EED4-B0D3-4327-8D6F-43F5D32BC100.jpeg
    EFA3EED4-B0D3-4327-8D6F-43F5D32BC100.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 706E7719-8345-4FE9-B185-FC9632A017E8.jpeg
    706E7719-8345-4FE9-B185-FC9632A017E8.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 39
  • AABE6039-067A-413A-AEE1-EF6CF9C48E14.jpeg
    AABE6039-067A-413A-AEE1-EF6CF9C48E14.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back