Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
You guys know if there's a way to fix the bug of 3DSimED where you export an assetto corsa car model and the lights get messed up? (only 1 headlight and 1 brake light survived for me)

I was a child when I first saw these "Auto Union" in a racing car documentary and I was really impressed by this beast.

.../...
'Drifting' wasn't always a "yo dude!!" thing, it was how a race car got around a corner.../...

Agree with the drifting quote, but if you watch the video above (posted by Elio92) carefully, you'll see there is not too much drifting involved in how this car got fast around corners, even very sharp ones (Nords !)
Also, the real cars seem to have working brakes and corresponding grip to get to a stand still (look at the confident pit crew).

This (and watching several other video's) leads me to conclude that the model here needs some more work (as do almost all mods from this era). They should be hard to drive (by no means like a modern race car), I agree, but not in this "sim stylish" manner (if it's not difficult, it's not a sim..blabla...).

Graphically this is one of the best cars available, but like the physics are now, it's sadly not going to take much of my driving time.
Just my2cts

Last edited:
You guys know if there's a way to fix the bug of 3DSimED where you export an assetto corsa car model and the lights get messed up? (only 1 headlight and 1 brake light survived for me)

Simed has a bad habit renaming things, so check if example front_light_left is now front_light_left__01 and so on,usually it's the case for me, you can rename those in kseditor or re-writing the light.ini

@Fanapryde

There is a legend maintained by many virtual pilots that the old racing cars would be soaps which would go off in long slides and would be affected by an insane oversteer.

Obviously, with narrow tires far removed from current compositional standards, we remain far from the handling of recent racing cars.
Obviously, we had drivers who were real masters in the art of doing the most of some demented cars.
Last but not least and obviously again, the torques imposed by these motors required constant vigilance ... when the mechanics were also extremely fragile and... dangerous when they failed at high speed.

This kind of cars that I qualify as "legendary" and as @Fanapryde rightly wrote, the current version deserves several optimizations, this allows us to feel how much these racing cars required great mastery in order to get the best.

What we are allowed to appreciate through these different competition cars is a virtual "time machine" which involved us in very different technologies used and the different skills or ways of driving that we must use in order to get the best of them.

I love to be challenged by changing my way of driving to "tame" some of the most iconic cars of the racing world.
;)

By the way, I'm waiting the rear four wheels version and last thing, what a tremendous motor sound !

Last edited:
Agree with the drifting quote, but if you watch the video above (posted by Elio92) carefully, you'll see there is not too much drifting involved in how this car got fast around corners, even very sharp ones (Nords !)
Also, the real cars seem to have working brakes and corresponding grip to get to a stand still (look at the confident pit crew).

This (and watching several other video's) leads me to conclude that the model here needs some more work (as are almost all mods from this era). They should be hard to drive (by no means like a modern race car), I agree, but not in this "sim stylish" manner (if it's not difficult, it's not a sim..blabla...).

Graphically this is one of the best cars available, but like the physics are now, it's sadly not going to take much of my driving time.
Just my2cts

I agree. But as a "sim is harder than real life" thing...it's actually IMO 'fun' taming it....it handles like an LMP car from forza 4/5/6...... Like its on ice with glass tyres and no clarity in pedal modulation..either its on or off...
It looks so good in replays too.

I agree. But as a "sim is harder than real life" thing...it's actually IMO 'fun' taming it....it handles like an LMP car from forza 4/5/6...... Like its on ice with glass tyres and no clarity in pedal modulation..either its on or off...
It looks so good in replays too.

I never tried Forza, but the description you just gave matches what I am experiencing in this car. And I am sure it is not supposed to be like that. I'd love to see the behaviour like the RL thing. That would make me completely love this car.

The Auto Union should be different in feeling, we all agree. What I would like it to be is: drivable at normal pace and extremely challenging to get near the edge.
At this point, like many other mods we have had before it is just overly difficult in a caricatural way, like if sim driver are children not able to feel the subtleties of car behaviour.
Most of us here are equipped with state of the art hardware and have driven simulated race cars for decades in the best SIM. When we can not even launch a car or complete a lap not trying to get a lap record then, to me, it is not right. car and specialty racing car are not nearly impossible to drive, the challenge is to get them to go faster than anyone else, not just to drive them.

https://sharemods.com/7o1ej228qjk5/ruf_yellowbird_cup.7z.html

Original: Pitone Edition
Updated v1.1 28.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Add LOD 1 2 3 (reduced CPU usage)
- Fix setup.ini
- Fix tyres.ini

preview.jpg

We are talking about RSS !?
The Formula 79 (Lotus 79) is the perfect example about what @gladbecker82 put the point on !
For the recent cars, I got a different feeling even if I share some "intuitions" with him. ;)

For ACFL, I prefer to shut my big mouth, the only car I respect from this team is the Renault RE 30 (the sound is marvelous !) but there is always something's wrong (plastic aspect for this one) and some little missing or wrong details are unforgivable (naming of the pilots or not a decent history about the cars).

Some pictures of the Auto-Union Type C on the beautiful "Fonteny" track !

Last edited:
@Cote Dazur
The words were not mine, they were from the author of the mod... but I don't disagree with him.

I confess... I love these kind of cars in many ways but the first way is about the global engineering.
Tremendous torque, 16 cylinders, mechanical turbo, rear engine, a unique and advanced design for his time... and also my total respect for the racing drivers.

@MrB00
For sure, a wheel is absolutely necessary to enjoy at his best these absolute beast and I like the driving challenge.
It's exactly which I expected and It's an absolute pleasure to drive virtually these iconic race car, that's the way I like, I'm not really involved in touring cars... except for some other iconics like "Facel Vega" for example or If It exists one day, a "Tucker" for another example. ;)

@Fanapryde
True ! :cool:

I was a child when I first saw these "Auto Union" in a racing car documentary and I was really impressed by this beast.

Amazing technology, even today. Imagine: the C-Type's engine had sixteen one-piece con rods (and a Hirth roller-bearing crank).

Immagine.png

hi, can someone help me understand how to solve this problem? if I do "fix" it crashes.
It only does this with the Gentle Mind Performance celica mod.

Thanks in advance

I searched (on my smartphone) but I haven’t be able to find it (but I saw some other beautiful ones but I still a Retrolux lover with minimalistic showrooms).

In this quest, I saw this, a student work which seems a great work... even if It’s electrical.
https://moritzmayer.de/projects/9er12a

Last edited:
Hi guys, which settings need to be changed in NeckFX when the driver´s head should more move forwards and backwards during braking? I´ve resetted my settings and now I am lost which one needs to be changed here. Any advice from an expert please?

Simed has a bad habit renaming things, so check if example front_light_left is now front_light_left__01 and so on,usually it's the case for me, you can rename those in kseditor or re-writing the light.ini

I've imported the model I edited in 3DSimED into KSEditor and I didn't find any changes in the object names. Also KSEditor doesn't want to import the textures, so I couldn't edit anything there.

EDIT:
Okay after realising that if you don't keep objects nested tick at the import in 3DSimED the whole model becomes useless and crashes the game I noticed that you were right. This marvellous tool does add a redundant _001 after some of the objects of it's random choosing. I guess I'll just edit the lights.ini.
I will also attempt to seperate some objects in 3DSimED. <rantmode>Hopefully it will not delete my entire game from the hard drive.</rantmode>

EDIT2:
Solved it.

Last edited:
Daily disk-space reminder: don't forget to scan CARS folder and delete all photoshop files (search criteria: *.psd), if messing with those files isn't your thing. You may save a couple Gigabytes.

can you expand a little bit on that, I am on a SSD with zillion mods so every bit counts. What do those .psd file do?

can you expand a little bit on that, I am on a SSD with zillion mods so every bit counts. What do those .psd file do?

Mostly templates for skins or blurred rims or things that allow the user to edit graphically within photoshop. First things first, if you don't even have photoshop, there's not much you are going to do with them anyways. They are not integral for the mod to work at all.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back