Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
Hi everyone, I have browsed the last 100 pages of the forum but I can no longer find the link for the "Audi R8 LMS GT4" on page 668 but there is no link, someone would have it? thank you to you

the mtm saudi arabia track is freaking awesome!
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mtn-saudi-arabia-streets.23102/
Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_959_dakar_mtn_saudi_streets_26-12-119-12-48-10.jpg

Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_959_dakar_mtn_saudi_streets_26-12-119-12-48-32.jpg

Just gave this a go. It seems to be more difficult to drive than I remember from the real thing (a lot of years ago).
I used the stock setup / medium tires. But imo it lacks grip.
The dash gives no indication for the gear.
While the SC shows up OK in game, it looks a bit weird in previews and CM showroom, be it not the same... :D

View attachment 876578 View attachment 876579

Edit: 'align using data' in CM and 'update model' took care of it (more or less)
yes. this cart is only one vehicle i could not finish because of lack of ac physics knowlenge

Would someone be willing to delete a few things from a car's .kn5 file I have?
Unfortunately I don't have any 3d modelling software, nor I know anything about the structure of the kn5 files for AC.

What I'd like is to remove the rambar, the interior cage and the police lights from the recently released crown vic.
I don't care about the spotlights or the interior equipment like the laptop or the dashcam.

In return I can release a properly made physics for it and then we'd have a nice working stock P71 Crown Vic.
Hit me up with a PM if you're interested.

Would someone be willing to delete a few things from a car's .kn5 file I have?
Unfortunately I don't have any 3d modelling software, nor I know anything about the structure of the kn5 files for AC.

What I'd like is to remove the rambar, the interior cage and the police lights from the recently released crown vic.
I don't care about the spotlights or the interior equipment like the laptop or the dashcam.

In return I can release a properly made physics for it and then we'd have a nice working stock P71 Crown Vic.
Hit me up with a PM if you're interested.
I downloaded the pack before. Which car do you need to be modified?

Edit: Removed every unnecessary detail I can see. Except these things. They are tied to interior elements. What are they?
https://mega.nz/#!mwEk1aZB!NfUzOQyrgUh2vEs5F5HE2H8hYy2Lu5d_Av-z-y962Ds
(One of the headlights and both tail lights stopped working. Happens sometimes if .kn5 file is edited. Maybe can be disabled wholly via data file).
upload_2019-12-26_18-13-52.png

upload_2019-12-26_18-15-36.png

Last edited:

Edit: Removed every unnecessary detail I can see. Except these things. They are tied to interior elements. What are they?
(One of the headlights and both tail lights stopped working. Happens sometimes if .kn5 file is edited. Maybe can be disabled wholly via data file).
View attachment 876642
View attachment 876643

Those are handles for the police spotlight that comes on the P71 Interceptor package on the crown vics.

View attachment 876642
View attachment 876643

That is amazing, thank you!
Those interior things are part of the spotlight. That's how you move the spotlight itself in real life. If you could remove that too, that'd be perfect.

I used the slicktop version (the one without the lightbar on top) to base my physics on and you can find the physics for it down below. It uses the 3.55 gear ratio they use in the city. You can change the final gear ratio to 3.27 if you want to use the one they have for highway use.
https://sharemods.com/zonev8tx2lts/data.rar.html

Also if you guys have any comments about the physics let me know.

EDIT:
Just noticed the mirror lights are still on. Those are also built in police strobe lights. In case you still want to edit the model.
Also have you changed the name of some of the meshes, because most of the lights (I only have one headlight working) don't show up anymore.

I've also managed to find a few more stuff that is still not part of the stock crown vic. I've listed them with the other parts as well:
Rear strobe lights under the Ford badge, mirror strobe lights, strobe lights in the side parking light (that dome looking thing inside the housing), the "hole" for the spotlight near the mirrors and the handle for the spotlight:

Last edited:
yes. this cart is only one vehicle i could not finish because of lack of ac physics knowlenge
Thanks. Hopefully someone will chime in. ;)

Just in general:
"""""Powered by a 2-stroke 250 cc engine producing 46 kW (62 hp) for an overall weight including the driver of 205 kilograms, Superkarts have a power/weight ratio of 330 W/kg (440 hp/tonne)(c.5 lbs/hp). Superkarts can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (60 mph) in less than 3 seconds with a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).
Their low weight and good downforce make for excellent cornering and braking abilities.
A Superkart is capable of braking from 160 km/h (100 mph) to standstill in around 2 seconds, and taking corners at nearly 3 g (30 m/s²)
"""""

The part in bold is where this mod isn't doing very well... :D

Always thought I would not like a shifter kart... looks like it a lot of fun!

Thanks. Hopefully someone will chime in. ;)

Just in general:
"""""Powered by a 2-stroke 250 cc engine producing 46 kW (62 hp) for an overall weight including the driver of 205 kilograms, Superkarts have a power/weight ratio of 330 W/kg (440 hp/tonne)(c.5 lbs/hp). Superkarts can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (60 mph) in less than 3 seconds with a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).
Their low weight and good downforce make for excellent cornering and braking abilities.
A Superkart is capable of braking from 160 km/h (100 mph) to standstill in around 2 seconds, and taking corners at nearly 3 g (30 m/s²)
"""""

The part in bold is where this mod isn't doing very well... :D

Anyone know if there's a mod that lets you walk around a track?

And also if there's a mod that lets you open and close the doors and hood in game?

And also if there's a mod that lets you open and close the doors and hood in game?
nope for the door and the hood parts i think that there are some key bindings in content manager managed to pull that off with an Dodge RAM but i'm not sure how.

If you open the car in the showroom in Content manager there's an option to open and close doors, switch on wipers and raise or lower the rear wing. But it only works if the car has those animations in the respective cars animations folder.

Here ya go if you're looking for the settings in CM

2LZC9Kj.jpg

If you open the car in the showroom in Content manager there's an option to open and close doors, switch on wipers and raise or lower the rear wing. But it only works if the car has those animations in the respective cars animations folder.

Here ya go if you're looking for the settings in CM

2LZC9Kj.jpg
Thank you, but I actually meant in game not in the showroom lol.

nope for the door and the hood parts i think that there are some key bindings in content manager managed to pull that off with an Dodge RAM but i'm not sure how.
Thank you anyways :)

you can only activate free cam and fly around the track, but its not like first person shooters. But you can definetly get nice camera angles this way

That is amazing, thank you!
Those interior things are part of the spotlight. That's how you move the spotlight itself in real life. If you could remove that too, that'd be perfect.
I didn't rename meshes but headlights rarely break when editing kn5 via 3DSimED. If I understand it correctly, editing a kn5 file is somewhat a hacky process.
I can't remove spotlight handles, they are tied to dash elements. I can try to remove them from the model file only (fbx) but I don't know how to pack a kn5 file again.
I'll try to remove the details you added and everything else without breaking lights.

@GzeroD and @gladbecker82
Mates. Could you tell me how to make objects invisible by making the texture transparent? Preferably via CM showroom or 3DSimED. Thanks in advance.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back