Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
Oh. I always get fooled by these kind of stuff.
Does it look like a modified road version?

Looks like someone slapped the Forza Aero wing on it...

hm0yt6fd80v11.jpg

This is absolutely amazing, one of my favourite car mods for sure! Thank you :)

One question - is it possible to copy the stunningly beautiful sparks and flames from any of these cars and attach it to a completely different car? I would really love to have this kind of visual candies on my personal favourite Lotus 98t.

amazing video! the sounds! cant wait for you to release improved C8R, what 488 gte are you using?

In regards to the 488 GTE that was my first passion project on assetto. It uses the Rollovers Model A.k.a the Real Racing 3 Model as the basework of the car, though I can say after that, you will not find much similarities other than that. It sports a completely reworked engine that caps at a mere 6000RPM with a maximum power of 501BHP@5500RPM. The Aero has also been reworked, to allow for more agility and sharpness between each corner, and the car has been made a little heavier to add extra-balance while giving it a BOP with all the extra torque it produces (The figures came upto around 700+/-Nm due to the extremely low RPM the 488 Produces, so it has one of the strongest acceleration and deceleration amonst the field). It also has huge adjustment to drivetrain and gearing as the drop from the 7000RPM to 6000RPM mandated much reconstruction to how the gears would be setup to utilize the car's power. I also Disconnected the ABS, Optimized TC, Braking Force, and did a little change to the AI.

I also redid some visuals for the car, removing the Forced Numberplate Added in by the Rollovers, going into the Interior and made the LCD Naturally Lit, as well as reconfigured the RPM Lights to match the new RPM and added color to the RPM Light Flash that'd you get similar to the GT3 Car. I did some retexturing for the Headlights and changed the color from yellowish-white to a pure bright white(One of the most beautiful lights I've ever done). An Ext_Config was done for the car in which I did some glow reflection for the headlamps(An added Light Cast just ahead of the bulb), and the Rear Lights(Light Casts under the rear wing and below the Circular Rear Lights) to give the lighting a more natural and realiastic fuel to them, and moved the Position Lights to an emissive light in order to make it easier to color the lights between Pro Cars and Am Cars. I also added 2 Antenna Sets onto it including the one used in the 24h of Le Mans and one of the ones used in Daytona for me to choose from to make it more personalized between series when skinning them.

Here are some nice shots of my personal Ferrari 488:
Screenshot_bmw_m8_sc_acu_singapore_24-1-120-21-48-8.png

Screenshot_bmw_m8_sc_kyalami_2016_12-1-120-8-35-41.png

Screenshot_bmw_m8_sc_acu_singapore_24-1-120-21-48-46.png

Screenshot_bmw_m8_sc_kyalami_2016_12-1-120-8-20-22.png
Screenshot_bmw_m8_sc_kyalami_2016_12-1-120-8-33-11.png

Definently has become one of my Favorite GTE Cars of all time. It's one of the toughest compeititors in my field, mainly because it doesn't do one thing really well, rather it does everything fairly good to a point where it can keep up with opponents in their element, and get them when they are not. It'll chase a Vette down the straight and beat it in the corners, or Keep up with the ford in the corners then tear it down the straights, because it's just balanced that well. Recommended to put on the list of must drive cars.

The model quality is outstanding, but i have a lot of understeer, and the ffb is very poor sadly. (while steering)
The Lexus converted from ACC is perfect.
Perfect model and perfect driving feeling, i hope that this will be updated soon, i love ACC cars.
Thank you for your hard work!

Hello friends, a problem with the converted car. Depending on the "camera" used, it appears there in the circles of the images. In the cockpit camera you can see better, they are the structures to support the pilots' helmet ... Something to correct? Thank you very much in advance.

The car is Honda GT3 evo converted ACC

Attachments

• 20200131180309_1.jpg
    20200131180309_1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200131180321_1.jpg
    20200131180321_1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 55
Hello friends, a problem with the converted car. Depending on the "camera" used, it appears there in the circles of the images. In the cockpit camera you can see better, they are the structures to support the pilots' helmet ... Something to correct? Thank you very much in advance.

The car is Honda GT3 evo converted ACC
yes, you need Shaders Patch updates. thats just how it is now

What lotus 98t mod are you using? Are you using CSP? If you're using CSP and not seeing any sparks it might be the case that the 98t might need it's colliders.ini edited.
I am using original Lotus 98t by Kunos, only thing modded about it is the skins.

I am using CSP, but the main thing is - the sparks of these 1996 cars look much different than other ones, they are simply more beautiful.

How to edit colliders.ini? I could do it myself?

In regards to the 488 GTE that was my first passion project on assetto. It uses the Rollovers Model A.k.a the Real Racing 3 Model as the basework of the car, though I can say after that, you will not find much similarities other than that. It sports a completely reworked engine that caps at a mere 6000RPM with a maximum power of 501BHP@5500RPM. The Aero has also been reworked, to allow for more agility and sharpness between each corner, and the car has been made a little heavier to add extra-balance while giving it a BOP with all the extra torque it produces (The figures came upto around 700+/-Nm due to the extremely low RPM the 488 Produces, so it has one of the strongest acceleration and deceleration amonst the field). It also has huge adjustment to drivetrain and gearing as the drop from the 7000RPM to 6000RPM mandated much reconstruction to how the gears would be setup to utilize the car's power. I also Disconnected the ABS, Optimized TC, Braking Force, and did a little change to the AI.

I also redid some visuals for the car, removing the Forced Numberplate Added in by the Rollovers, going into the Interior and made the LCD Naturally Lit, as well as reconfigured the RPM Lights to match the new RPM and added color to the RPM Light Flash that'd you get similar to the GT3 Car. I did some retexturing for the Headlights and changed the color from yellowish-white to a pure bright white(One of the most beautiful lights I've ever done). An Ext_Config was done for the car in which I did some glow reflection for the headlamps(An added Light Cast just ahead of the bulb), and the Rear Lights(Light Casts under the rear wing and below the Circular Rear Lights) to give the lighting a more natural and realiastic fuel to them, and moved the Position Lights to an emissive light in order to make it easier to color the lights between Pro Cars and Am Cars. I also added 2 Antenna Sets onto it including the one used in the 24h of Le Mans and one of the ones used in Daytona for me to choose from to make it more personalized between series when skinning them.

View attachment 886570

View attachment 886566
View attachment 886571
View attachment 886567 View attachment 886568

Definently has become one of my Favorite GTE Cars of all time. It's one of the toughest compeititors in my field, mainly because it doesn't do one thing really well, rather it does everything fairly good to a point where it can keep up with opponents in their element, and get them when they are not. It'll chase a Vette down the straight and beat it in the corners, or Keep up with the ford in the corners then tear it down the straights, because it's just balanced that well. Recommended to put on the list of must drive cars.

Care to share your rework? If not, that's fine with me.

So, we cant ask for anyone share a mod, converted without permission and selled by scammers ? Its out of the rules.

This isn't the place for that, seriously just google do some research and you will eventually find the place where everything is free.
It's getting boring now people asking and the replies from the self righteous.

View attachment 886570

View attachment 886566
View attachment 886571
View attachment 886567 View attachment 886568

Maybe I'm just really stupid but how did you remove the forced number plates?

How to visually lower the ride height on a mod? Can anyone share the best way(s) to lower how a car model sits above its tires and rims?

Not the 720s GT3.
Rear wing and roof give it away.
and the hood, the mirrors, the front opening, etc.... :D

3d81586322dbfa410a4f7d7a988fb15a.jpg

real
upload_2020-1-31_22-38-47-png.886563

1st mod

mcl.jpg

As it is easy to see not even close, I also took it for a ride in ACC and the interior is also totally off in the 1st mod. We will have to wait.
As I am waiting, I took the ACC 720s in VR for a ride this afternoon, just practice, God damn, ACC looks and feels brilliant.:bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
How to visually lower the ride height on a mod? Can anyone share the best way(s) to lower how a car model sits above its tires and rims?
Thought it best to start a new thread on this (hope that's what the unlink button does):boggled:

Okay, perhaps it is something like ACFL did in their formula cars, I've seen it done but never dug into the data and textures to see how it was accomplished. So it might be a matter of looking at these "96" cars to see how it's done.

In regards to colliders, use CM preview then bring them up. You'll notice a red box at the bottom, this is what moves up and down with values assigned in the colliders.ini in the cars data. Some mod... I mean many mods have their collider box way to high and often the case needs to be lowered to the edge of the cars ride height.

full
Thank you for the in-depth reply, I will look into it :)

Strictly speaking the values in question are here in suspensions.ini found in the line BASEY= but there are other settings that work in conjunction.
Items such as ROD_LENGTH= and in car.ini PICKUP_FRONT_HEIGHT= PICKUP_REAR_HEIGHT=

Thank you!
Have played around with rod_length, will try the others as well. I assume the values will also affect the handling so I'll try to find the best compromise.

Thought it best to start a new thread on this (hope that's what the unlink button does):boggled:

in data/car.ini , change the value I undelined and bold.

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=-0.0,-0.155,-0.085
GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=0.5
TOTALMASS=1515
INERTIA=1.890,1.273,4.775

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back