Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Since I installed CSP1.42 I got this when watching a replay. Tried both modded cars/tracks as well as Kunos originals. All show the same as in the YT video.
Downgraded to 1.40 and it's ok again. Anyone else has the same? Is it my mistake of a certain setting (probably ;) ) and can it be solved easily?

Edit: After some more enabling/disabling features in CSP the cause seems to be BRAKE DISC FX. When enabling this in CSP1.42 you get the black spot.

BTW great work to all involved in Sol & CSP!! Thanks for your excellent work.

PS Is this the right place to ask a CSP/Sol related question?
Otherwise apologies for 'dirtying' this thread :)

Hello, I got EXACTLY the same issue and I have to downgrade it back to 1.38 to get things normal again. Hope this will resolved soon.

Have you fixed the replay cameras too? Or they're not working only on my verstion? Thanks :)

I have been made camera on other tracks as test before.
But...I have no sense of camera work at all! I haven't touched it since then:(
If you have a good camera, I'm grateful if you would tell me:)

Hi guys, someone know how to fix the fact that on some tracks (at night) the colors switches to black & white like in this pic?
Thanks in advance :)

assetto-corsa-screenshot-2020-02-09-15-33-14-31-png.889276

Sorry for reply to myself with another question but, anyone have idea on how to fix this? Thanks :D

DISCLAIMER: Graphics mods, ReShade presets and PPFilters are always a matter of taste. I'm not saying this is the best mod out there, but I personally like my settings more than anything available.

acs20200210181325z9kft.png

acs20200210192005vgkw1.png

acs20200210185247ovjaw.png

Anyway, this is Solstice, my personal enhancement for Sol and the Custom Shaders Patch. Its origins come from my Project CARMEN graphics mod, but since things like weather and particle effects are now controlled from Sol and the CSP, it didn't make sense to downgrade that mod.

Solstice consists of these things:

A ReShade preset, a PP-filter, a Sol config and tweaked spark effects.

I'm also still tinkering around with it, but I also don't plan daily updates.... so don't worry that you have to download it again and again all the time.

*cough* well I try my best...

acs20200206004447rdj1m.png

acs202002060047016wjhd.png

acs20200210182648dbjvk.png

Note: Backup the files in the install locations, so you can revert if you don't like the results. Every file is needed to get the desired effect and everything works hand in hand. This mod needs the Custom Shaders Patch & Sol.

This mod is tested with CSP v0.1.42 & Sol 1.4.2

Install: Drop the "assettocorsa" folder into X>Steam>steamapps>common and overwrite everything. Drop the "Documents" wherever your usual "Documents" folder is located and do the same. Download the latest ReShade version from here: https://reshade.me/ Install ReShade as instructed (search for acs.exe, use DirectX 10/11/12), but UNCHECK ALL EFFECTS! OR IT WILL OVERWRITE THE SETTINGS!

The ReShade preset will cost you some frames.

You can toggle it on and off with the X key, open its settings with Y, reload its settings with C and take a screenshot with Q.

acs20200204235158kfkul.png

Hope you enjoy it!

Changelog:

1. Changed the glare to have a star shape, makes replays more lively.
  2. Adjusted glare accordingly.
  3. Tweaked the Sol config further.
  4. Fully reworked the sparks, again.
  5. Slight changes to ReShade.
  6. Changed the ReShade controls so it won't interfere with WASD for the free cam.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/solstice.25136/

DISCLAIMER: Graphics mods, ReShade presets and PPFilters are always a matter of taste. I'm not saying this is the best mod out there, but I personally like my settings more than anything available.

Anyway, this is Solstice, my personal enhancement for Sol and the Custom Shaders Patch. Its origins come from my Project CARMEN graphics mod, but since things like weather and particle effects are now controlled from Sol and the CSP, it didn't make sense to downgrade that mod.

I'm also still tinkering around with it, but I also don't plan daily updates.... so don't worry that you have to download it again and again all the time.

Note: Backup the files in the install locations, so you can revert if you don't like the results. Every file is needed to get the desired effect and everything works hand in hand. This mod needs the Custom Shaders Patch & Sol.

Install: Drop the "assettocorsa" folder into X>Steam>steamapps>common and overwrite everything. Drop the "Documents" wherever your usual "Documents" folder is located and do the same. Download the latest ReShade version from here: https://reshade.me/ Install ReShade as instructed (search for acs.exe, use DirectX 10/11/12), but UNCHECK ALL EFFECTS! OR IT WILL OVERWRITE THE SETTINGS!

You can toggle it on and off with the X key, open its settings with Y, reload its settings with C and take a screenshot with Q.

Hope you enjoy it!

Changelog:

6. Changed the ReShade controls so it won't interfere with WASD for the free cam.

Do you have any pictures that have the actual sun out? All these are a white foam of overcast. How do the rays look?

Sorry for reply to myself with another question but, anyone have idea on how to fix this? Thanks :D

I ran across this before in Sentul International Circuit by Assetto Corsa Fanboy. I believe this was intentional or his personal preference. You mention this also happen in other tracks? Which one?

My Sentul International Circuit loading screen. :D
Screenshot_ag_cadlillacatsr_gt3_gt3_acf_sentul_circuit_26-9-119-2-47-38.jpg

Anyone else has black floor and sharp shadows in cars? I tried reverting back to sol 1.4.2, tried different CSPs, sol config reset and nothing works. Suddenly cars have dark floor. :boggled:
1.jpg

I ran across this before in Sentul International Circuit by Assetto Corsa Fanboy. I believe this was intentional or his personal preference. You mention this also happen in other tracks? Which one?

My Sentul International Circuit loading screen. :D
View attachment 889630

Mine is an ACF track too. Any idea on how to recover color? I don't like black and white solution, which is not 100% real. At night colors don't become BW, at least not in my life XD

Mine is an ACF track too. Any idea on how to recover color? I don't like black and white solution, which is not 100% real. At night colors don't become BW, at least not in my life XD

Sorry no idea... The funny part is I check ACF's Sentul International Circuit early tests videos. His first test video had normal street lights with a brown-ish tint. In the final test video everything goes monochrome instead. :confused:

EDIT: It's possible you can edit street lights with the BLM light program.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blm-lights.22463/

Last edited:
I don't suppose anyone's done the necessary tweaks to that new BAC Mono so that it installs as a new car, have they?
I installed it as a new car. Is that what you mean? Any specifics I should pay attention to? I tried it a couple of laps at Mount Fuji and it seems to drive ok.

I installed it as a new car. Is that what you mean? Any specifics I should pay attention to? I tried it a couple of laps at Mount Fuji and it seems to drive ok.
So you didn't have the previous Beto version already? I'm trying to avoid overwriting that one with this new one.

I am a little bit in confusion with this "new" version of a car which, in his actual state (as the Beto’s works after the really initial one by Marko Kass) satisfies me.

I know @Masscot and @Fanapryde appreciate this car like me so... I’m not in the way to evaluate another version, I was and I still very curious about some thought/feelings.

You can judge me as a "conservative guy" but I’m sorry, this car was/is far from a total garbage, It is one of the most well done on numerous sides.

Last edited:
Do you have any pictures that have the actual sun out? All these are a white foam of overcast. How do the rays look?

Yeah I'm with you there...as much as I like to look at people's mods that make it look like real life, my lowly system won't run with those kinda settings so I'm just happy with finally having some god rays and some glare.

I don't suppose anyone's done the necessary tweaks to that new BAC Mono so that it installs as a new car, have they?

I just renamed the Assetto-fr.tk version BACMONO_NEW and renamed the entries in the GUIDs.txt and the UI.json or is there anything else you have to do?

EDIT: ok I've got a load of errors so it can't be that simple :confused:

EDIT2: Deleted the data folder..then unpacked in CM then deleted the data.acd. Repacked it but still had one error in power.lut so I replaced the original Data.acd back in and it seems to have fixed it all now. (if that makes sense lol)

One more Edit: it doesn't work lol. Still giving me errors. Surely it can't be that hard to rename a car!!

Last edited:
Sorry no idea... The funny part is I check ACF's Sentul International Circuit early tests videos. His first test video had normal street lights with a brown-ish tint. In the final test video everything goes monochrome instead. :confused:

EDIT: It's possible you can edit street lights with the BLM light program.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blm-lights.22463/

Already installed months ago, i will try on the weekend, thanks :)

So this track though is 'Rainmaker' made but maybe an early one? Needs some updates visually I think. Either way, it is good fast fun in that BAC MONO.

track:
Montjuich 1975
View attachment 889393
Unfortunately there is no big visual upgrade for this track, afaik.
I tried for myself improving it a bit, but the base files aren´t the best ones. :(
The horizon wasn´t visible before but have now ugly glitches:
upload_2020-2-10_23-25-40.png

Most of the textures are very low-res, but at night it turns to a more beautiful one and the ugly stuff is hardly seeable :) :
upload_2020-2-10_23-27-19.png

upload_2020-2-10_23-29-58.png

upload_2020-2-10_23-30-38.png

I just renamed the Assetto-fr.tk version BACMONO_NEW and renamed the entries in the GUIDs.txt and the UI.json or is there anything else you have to do?

EDIT2: Deleted the data folder..then unpacked in CM then deleted the data.acd. Repacked it but still had one error in power.lut so I replaced the original Data.acd back in and it seems to have fixed it all now. (if that makes sense lol)

Are you saying you now have a working 'new' car' of the new Mono? If not, I found this:

From @gladbecker82 back in June:
when you wanna make a new folder for a car you need to do the following
copy the full car folder
maybe paste it onto the desktop (so you can keep the old one)
rename the folder
copy the folder name!!!
rename all KN5s with the old name with the new one.
go into the data folder, LODS.ini and rename the car there
go into the main SFX folder, rename the bank file and rename everything that you see with the old name in the GUID file!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-360#post-12781396

Are you saying you now have a working 'new' car' of the new Mono? If not, I found this:

From @gladbecker82 back in June:
when you wanna make a new folder for a car you need to do the following
copy the full car folder
maybe paste it onto the desktop (so you can keep the old one)
rename the folder
copy the folder name!!!
rename all KN5s with the old name with the new one.
go into the data folder, LODS.ini and rename the car there
go into the main SFX folder, rename the bank file and rename everything that you see with the old name in the GUID file!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-360#post-12781396

Well i thought I did but after all that it was still giving me errors in CM. Only thing I hadn't done was rename the KN5 files..so I'll try that and report back.

Hope you enjoy it!

Changelog:

Those shots are truly beautiful.

@Masscot Yep it works now.
I'm quicker in Beto's version...feels like I can put the power down earlier and it doesn't bog down from pull away in first like the new version.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back