Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
Just tried Maple Valley. Not very well optimized IMO. In free-run I get around 20fps, while I'm getting a locked 30 on Kunos tracks. Don't even want to try racing there because I'll probably be pulling like 10fps on my computer.

Maybe someone can help me.

My digital dashboards are not working except the REV lights. Any tip will be welcome.

Cheers,
Paulo

View attachment 898841 View attachment 898842

Hi guys,
No ideas about this yet?

Could it be because I have only 5 or 6 FONTS ATM? (Content>Miscelaneous>Fonts) At CM.
I could swear they were dozens last time I checked it out.
If it is the issue, can someone, please, be so kind and send me lots of Fonts?
Right now, I have 3388 cars and 395 tracks, even tho, I guess some cars share same fonts.

Waiting for some help then. :gtpflag:

The Fonts
Sem título3.png

The digital dashboard without values except Revs bars and lights.
Sem título4.png

TIA,
Paulo

I have an update on the Genesis GT4 tune. After finding the value that influenced the ride height and camber, I have it seated nice and low like a proper racing car. Has some good race-car like camber too which is a major visual improvement for me over the high-riding road car suspension of the base mod.

If you compare it to the original post I made here a few hours ago, it looks much better. You used to be able to see the front springs behind the tires.

__custom_showroom_1583984562.jpg

__custom_showroom_1583984854.jpg

Initial testing of the driving feel after this change to the suspension is promising. It feels very stable and planted in my hands. Easily kept up with the Kunos MC GT4 I was running with. More testing will need to be done though to ensure it works 100% properly. The AI has handled it well so far with no huge changes to lap times. Still pulls 1:51's and 1:52's around Barcelona which is slower than the Evora, but faster than the other KS GT4 cars.

Well tried Maple, crashed. Looked at the "*** disable "merge meshes" in CM settings -> CustomShadersPatch -> General -> CPU-Optimizations ***"
That is off/disabled by default and crashed. Tried enabling it just because, crashed.

Havent had a track crash in quite a long time.

I hate Maple Valley track.

Crash a lot all cars, because I keep looking to the balons, helicopters, fire works and wind mills.
Spend more time looking up, than looking down to tarmac and opposite cars.

Of course I'm joaking. Just loving Maple, with all the ondulations of the layout and all the atmosphere all around.

Congrats and thank you, to the all involved in this project. 👍

Cheers,
Paulo

Sorry to ask but I have no ks_nurburgring, the folder is empty. Could anyone upload the track? I don't want verify integrity of files.

Btw, how the heck does this happen??

I have an update on the Genesis GT4 tune. After finding the value that influenced the ride height and camber, I have it seated nice and low like a proper racing car. Has some good race-car like camber too which is a major visual improvement for me over the high-riding road car suspension of the base mod.

If you compare it to the original post I made here a few hours ago, it looks much better. You used to be able to see the front springs behind the tires.

View attachment 899114
View attachment 899115

Initial testing of the driving feel after this change to the suspension is promising. It feels very stable and planted in my hands. Easily kept up with the Kunos MC GT4 I was running with. More testing will need to be done though to ensure it works 100% properly. The AI has handled it well so far with no huge changes to lap times. Still pulls 1:51's and 1:52's around Barcelona which is slower than the Evora, but faster than the other KS GT4 cars.
it would also require a digital instrumentation

yes i have the rebellion R13 and some other lmp1 cars:

2009 Audi R15 TDI
2010 Audi R15 Plus
2011 Audi R18 TDi
2012 Audi R18 E Tron Quattro
2015 Audi R18 LM Aero
2006 Audi R10 TDI
2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
2011 Peugeot 908
2002 Dallara SP1
2009 Lola B09
2010 Lola B10
2011 Lola B10/65
2017 Porsche 919
2019/20 Toyota TS050
d8lhpr0d1xg.jpg
Cool, can you tell me, where you got the r13 from?

Well tried Maple, crashed. Looked at the "*** disable "merge meshes" in CM settings -> CustomShadersPatch -> General -> CPU-Optimizations ***"
That is off/disabled by default and crashed. Tried enabling it just because, crashed.

Havent had a track crash in quite a long time.
Weird. Have you tried disabling other CPU/GPU optimisations?

View attachment 899114
View attachment 899115

Have You the link?

Hi guys,
No ideas about this yet?

Could it be because I have only 5 or 6 FONTS ATM? (Content>Miscelaneous>Fonts) At CM.
Right now, I have 3388 cars and 395 tracks, even tho, I guess some cars share same fonts.

The Fonts
View attachment 899111

View attachment 899112

TIA,
Paulo
I can send you a pack of all my fonts when I'm back home later (unless someone else can do it sooner). Should solve your problem.

Just tried Maple Valley. Not very well optimized IMO. In free-run I get around 20fps, while I'm getting a locked 30 on Kunos tracks. Don't even want to try racing there because I'll probably be pulling like 10fps on my computer.
What are your hardware specs? FM7 conversions are notorious resource hogs and very time consuming to optimise, but 20fps while hot-lapping seems incredibly low.
I can daytime race against ~8 low-poly cars at Maple Valley in VR at 45ASW (stock 980ti/6600k) but struggle to hot-lap without significant slowdown at Rio, Prague, and Lime Rock. Maple Valley is currently somewhere between these tracks and the more optimised FM7 tracks (Alps, Bathurst, Fujimi Kaido) for me. Better optimisation may come at Maple Valley if somebody wants to take it on.
What sort of performance are others getting at MV (and are you racing in 2D/VR, and what are your specs and race parameters)?

Hi guys,
No ideas about this yet?

The Fonts
View attachment 899111

View attachment 899112

TIA,
Paulo

Here is my Fonts folder, there are a lot of them in there:

Thank you all for improved Maple Valley and Praque. Recently I got a new GPU here and use to run AC in full maxed out with all its glory but, yes, like I already learned from Long Beach, the tracks are not that well optimized. In especially Prague. But anyway, glad to have both tracks in AC. Is there any progress reg. Daytona FM7 yet? Or has this been abandoned?

@Masscot Getting 42fps on Maple with 2d clouds on (I updated SOL and haven't bothered going through the settings yet) but I've noticed a couple of other things. The blue and red helicopter has no blades showing and the sound does some weird things in different places. It goes louder under the tunnel like you'd expect but along the start/finish straight and in a couple of other places around the track it significantly drops in volume. Does this with every car I've tried. Otherwise no crashing and runs ok in hotlap on my aging fx-8320 (4,3ghz) and 1050ti

Also on a different note if anyone hasn't tried out the Lotus Exige Scura s3 from ACR then give it a go if you can find it. If not let me know and I'll send it your way as it's on his facebook group :D

@Masscot Getting 42fps on Maple with 2d clouds on (I updated SOL and haven't bothered going through the settings yet) but I've noticed a couple of other things. The blue and red helicopter has no blades showing and the sound does some weird things in different places. It goes louder under the tunnel like you'd expect but along the start/finish straight and in a couple of other places around the track it significantly drops in volume. Does this with every car I've tried. Otherwise no crashing and runs ok in hotlap on my aging fx-8320 (4,3ghz) and 1050ti

Also on a different note if anyone hasn't tried out the Lotus Exige Scura s3 from ACR then give it a go if you can find it. If not let me know and I'll send it your way as it's on his facebook group :D
All chopper blades are present and correct here and I've not had any other reports of them missing anywhere. Might be one of your graphics settings (eg optimisations)?
Ditto with the sound, @slider666 spent a lot of time setting the reverb effects (so they aren't just under bridges etc, but also next to cliffs and buildings) and all sounds fine here. Again, no other reports to the contrary. Don't know what to suggest apart from check your sound settings in CM? Audio might be clipping? IDK.

All chopper blades are present and correct here and I've not had any other reports of them missing anywhere. Might be one of your graphics settings (eg optimisations)?
Ditto with the sound, @slider666 spent a lot of time setting the reverb effects (so they aren't just under bridges etc, but also next to cliffs and buildings) and all sounds fine here. Again, no other reports to the contrary. Don't know what to suggest apart from check your sound settings in CM?
Yeah it's an odd one but all the other choppers have spinning blades just not that red/blue one...I'll go through CM and see if it's anything obvious.

Edit: just thought. I've got 3d sound turned on on my headset so maybe it's that causing the sound issue lol

Ditto with the sound, @slider666 spent a lot of time setting the reverb effects (so they aren't just under bridges etc, but also next to cliffs and buildings) and all sounds fine here. Again, no other reports to the contrary. Don't know what to suggest apart from check your sound settings in CM? Audio might be clipping? IDK.

Yep, the sound drop is caused by my headset so no worries about that I can live with it.

As for the missing chopper blades - I have no idea what is causing it lol
It's this one in the pic below
Screenshot_lotus_exige_scura_s3_maple_valley_fm7_12-3-120-12-0-4.jpg

That reverb is supposed to be like that. Grandstands, rock walls etc tend to provide that effect.
No missing rotors from the heli's here.

One Exige please ? :D

View attachment 899114
View attachment 899115

it's great, can you share what values did you modify? I have some cars that have similar problems.

Does anyone have a problem with the AI on Okutama Grand Circuit (acu)? The AI seem to have no problems when driving alone, but when there is more of them bunched up, they often try to overtake in really tight spots, clip the walls and DNF as a result. I would like to fix this with AI Hints using the DANGER hint, but I don't know what values to put under LEFT and RIGHT.

Have you tried selectively turning off CPU/GPU optimisations?

On it now. Took me a while to find where they were.
That reverb is supposed to be like that. Grandstands, rock walls etc tend to provide that effect.
No missing rotors from the heli's here.

One Exige please ? :D

Yeah I gathered it's meant to be reverb but the volume was really low in places where it probably shouldn't have been...but I found out it's down to the 3d settings in the software of my headset lol. Doesn't do it in the speakers so it's all good.
It's weird how it's only one chopper that has the rotors missing for me so I'm doing what @Masscot suggested and going through all the gpu/cpu optimisations in CM and see if that does anything. Shame, as it kinda draws my eye away from the track every time I go round that corner :lol:

Does anyone have a problem with the AI on Okutama Grand Circuit (acu)? The AI seem to have no problems when driving alone, but when there is more of them bunched up, they often try to overtake in really tight spots, clip the walls and DNF as a result. I would like to fix this with AI Hints using the DANGER hint, but I don't know what values to put under LEFT and RIGHT.
Paging @LiquidSkyMan as he did the AI for Okutama so will be best placed to advise.
The pinch point on top of the dam wall is extremely tricky for the AI to negotiate cleanly.

It's weird how it's only one chopper that has the rotors missing for me so I'm doing what @Masscot suggested and going through all the gpu/cpu optimisations in CM and see if that does anything. Shame, as it kinda draws my eye away from the track every time I go round that corner :lol:
It should display fine but if you eventually can't resolve it and it annoys you just rename heli_redfly.kn5 in the track folder and that heli will disappear.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back