Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
it possible to change the blue light just for only skin ? If yes, how ?

Attachments

• 20200312223935_1.jpg
    20200312223935_1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 31
I'm familiar with the V8 Supercars, they are great to drive and very well done. Never been on IER site but they release their cars through Recedeparment. Another car pack I forgot to praise is the DRM Revival.

Super GT community is a new one for me. I gotta check them out.
We as in Chivas mainly post on facebook apart from releases but there is likely to be delays, that pesky virus is causing all sorts of havoc on our team.

I don't. it is top secret, you know, because, just in case.:D
One cannot just post a link. It would be too practical. Just pictures, at least now the picture are in day light, before all you could see was a dark something.
It is the mystique of the Kenneth, no sorry, KENNETH.:boggled:

Darn those secret groups that none of us can find. I'm sure I was a member of his group once but then I got mysteriously booted from all the Discord groups in one go and had to rejoin them all. His server had vanished into that dark place where he used to take his pictures ;)
Ah well, i'm sure KENNETH will enlighten us all at some point...maybe

I don't. it is top secret, you know, because, just in case.:D
One cannot just post a link. It would be too practical. Just pictures, at least now the picture are in day light, before all you could see was a dark something.
It is the mystique of the Kenneth, no sorry, KENNETH.:boggled:

No need to be like that, like I already told you just ask and he’ll give you the link. The reason I didn’t post one is because A. I’m at work right now, and B. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to so I’m not about to go and do it.

He hasn’t been online for a while now so just be patient.

We got enough attention with your posts about our cars.:lol:
Let us know if you find more bugs or issues. that helps us to improve and fix the Problems. thx :cheers:

Good, so it helps... :D

OK, here we go (only quick & dirty 'visual' inspection)

I'll start with the BMW M4 GT4 which is not in this GT4 pack, so I may have an older version (1.0): the doors don't close properly and there are gaps at the underside where the track shows through (that has been reported here before iirc).

SALEEN: racelogic counts laps, but shows no timing (or does it need a dedicated button to change fields ?). Mirrors are fine now. No working wipers. Just mentioning that but I don't know if it is on the to do list. Some cars have them, some don't. While (I believe) most people have CSP/SOL and drive in rainy conditions, working wipers would be nice.

X-BOW: no working wipers (black wipers would look nicer, but maybe that's just me). Lumirank does not work.

AMG Merc: no working wipers, mirror issue (both sides, central mirror is OK)

Merc_amg.png

ASTON: no working wipers

CAMARO: no working wipers, no dash lights, mirrors reversed (I corrected them with FLIP=1 in real mirrors, but I should not have to)

MUSTANG: only remark (and that goes for all cars above that are equipped with them) wheelslip/skid indicators don't work.

One more question - not starting a new discussion about encription - but would it be possible to provide a KN5 file that can be used ONLY for making previews ? Some other modders are using this system to give a choice which race numbers and yes/no enduro lights will be shown in previews, which makes me think that could be possible for skins too ?

Edit: forgot: the KTM is made in Austria (not Germany like mentioned in the UI).

Last edited:
Hey all,

I'm uploading on My Mega my racepack finally haha.
In 2 parts,
Classic 60-80 1.6gb
Modern 90-2010 650mo

SP1 for both, but more could come such as some Group C or anithing like that or more skins

Those are totally add-on cars, they have no connexion to other cars,it doesn't overwrites physics of things like that.
Some cars are in wip so it wan be a little bit bugged.

Here are the link:
https://mega.nz/#!KdJAACoY!qDoPU5RussMjA86pB8_pcs5YOEbHiiDCJ05UxSYXdlg

https://mega.nz/#!XBAAAAyZ!qzF-aTn9_Aj-Yn0zeV50U6ar72QM4VusFiFPwoYAbsI

I don't know if it's possible. Could someone put these two links (files) in another ?? like rapidshare, file ... etc ...? I can't finish downloading anyways. I have a free Mega account, but it's over my limit. Thank you very much in advance.

What black magic did you guys used to keep this thing optimized? I applaud you!
View attachment 899073

Where are the figures from Hopper's "Nighthawks"?
I have been picky about the car mods that I install and have been especially avoiding ripped mods. Lately I found Beto's cars and I have to admit that they are great in every way. I have most of the highest rank mods from Racedepartment, I have bought almost every car from RSS, VRC ja URD and have been using AC Legends packs for some time but their quality varies. The touring and the GPL-packs are great.

It's kind of hard to find anything genuinely good when every place is flooded with bad rips. Often the car models could be very well done, but the physics and sounds are just copied from another Kunos car or in some other way just bad. Of course there are some exceptions, for example I kept the Honda NSX GT3 mod that was released here. It's not ACC quality, but still easily the best gt3-mod I have come across after RSS's BMW M6 and Shaun Clarke's Ginetta.

Is there other modders with like Beto who make only quality content or some other cars that I might have missed while I have kept my distance from ripped mods?

Hear, hear! And so say all of us (or at least we should).

it possible to change the blue light just for only skin ? If yes, how ?
this should work, make ext_config text file and put it in a skin folder:

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
BIND_TO_HEADLIGHTS=0
NAME=mclaren_720s_gt3_auxlight_a001
COLOR=100,0,0 (or whatever you like)
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0

In the 'suspensions' file within the car's data folder, the values BASEY in the front and rear tires control the ride height....

BASEY does not control ride height. It controls CoG height, however as ride height is defined relative to the CoG then the ride height does change.
ROD_LENGTH is what you should change and in game this is what is adjustable in the setup screens.
Also 'car.ini' has GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION, where you can tilt the car to level it up.

BASEY does not control ride height. It controls CoG height, however as ride height is defined relative to the CoG then the ride height does change.
ROD_LENGTH is what you should change and in game this is what is adjustable in the setup screens.
Also 'car.ini' has GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION, where you can tilt the car to level it up.

Thanks for the info. Before releasing the Genesis I might try to reset the BaseY values and try to get the same effect using those values instead.

Gentlemen as of today ive been quarantined from work for the next 14 days due to corona virus. this is both good and bad. its bad because quarantined sounds bad, its a scary word. but its good because i dont have corona virus and im being paid full time to not work for the next two weeks :lol: so basically its only good. ive worked 60-66 hour weeks for the past two years straight. and still managed to get some reworked cars out with the team. and a few cars the guys even say are pretty good :) so now for 14 days assetto corsa is going to be my job :cheers: you can expect some crazy progress over here. it doesnt even feel real since this privilege is coming from a company that made me work Christmas eve and new years from 8am-8pm! they work you like a robot. im a free man now. expect some spicy work coming from the acpr team the next two weeks! all because i flew to florida for that vacation. they said since i was on a plane in the past 2 weeks that its quarantine time. you should have seen my face when i got that news. i tried to put on a disappointed face like "aww man, no work?! but full pay?! but i love long hours in your boring office :(..." but i bet my eyeballs were glowing like a damn lightbulb :lol:

I couldn't do it in either way, modify the values but I go to the game and it's still the same.

If the value in suspension.ini falls outside the range given in setup.ini then the final value will be restricted to the closest value in setup.ini
When testing, enlarge the range in setup.ini so that you have plenty of room then when finished set a new range so that the car can't be made to bottom or top out.

What are your hardware specs? FM7 conversions are notorious resource hogs and very time consuming to optimise, but 20fps while hot-lapping seems incredibly low.
I can daytime race against ~8 low-poly cars at Maple Valley in VR at 45ASW (stock 980ti/6600k) but struggle to hot-lap without significant slowdown at Rio, Prague, and Lime Rock. Maple Valley is currently somewhere between these tracks and the more optimised FM7 tracks (Alps, Bathurst, Fujimi Kaido) for me. Better optimisation may come at Maple Valley if somebody wants to take it on.
What sort of performance are others getting at MV (and are you racing in 2D/VR, and what are your specs and race parameters)?

As someone else in the potato bag, I'll also chime in that Maple Valley is a no-go for me. On my beastly old 2011 laptop sporting a Core i7 2670QM, 16GB RAM, and Radeon HD6770M, I'm getting an average 25fps, dropping to 20 and never going higher than 28. I've spent a lot of time optimizing my graphic settings, and I have no issues with tons of other tracks. To paint the picture a bit more, even with LA Canyons, I avg ~35fps, even reaching into the low 40's in a few spots. Kunos tracks typically bottom out around 45fps, even reaching into the mid-50's, and mod tracks can sometimes be upwards of 60 if optimized nicely. Like your recent Glendale release, for instance (LOVE IT, btw!) I can run easily in the high 50's with a grid of 16 MX5 Cup cars (pairs really well with this track), and close to 70 when hotlapping solo. As for other FM tracks, Alps, Rio, and Prague are all on the no-go list, but Bathurst and Fujimi Kaido run great.

I'm not blaming you or anyone else. I know what I'm getting into when running mods on this system. Just thought I'd chime in with my benchmarks in case it might help. Cheers :)

Good, so it helps... :D

OK, here we go (only quick & dirty 'visual' inspection)

I'll start with the BMW M4 GT4 which is not in this GT4 pack, so I may have an older version (1.0): the doors don't close properly and there are gaps at the underside where the track shows through (that has been reported here before iirc).

SALEEN: racelogic counts laps, but shows no timing (or does it need a dedicated button to change fields ?). Mirrors are fine now. No working wipers. Just mentioning that but I don't know if it is on the to do list. Some cars have them, some don't. While (I believe) most people have CSP/SOL and drive in rainy conditions, working wipers would be nice.

X-BOW: no working wipers (black wipers would look nicer, but maybe that's just me). Lumirank does not work.

AMG Merc: no working wipers, mirror issue (both sides, central mirror is OK)

View attachment 899262

ASTON: no working wipers

CAMARO: no working wipers, no dash lights, mirrors reversed (I corrected them with FLIP MIRRORS=1 in real mirrors, but I should not have to)

MUSTANG: only remark (and that goes for all cars above that are equipped with them) wheelslip/skid indicators don't work.

One more question - not starting a new discussion about encription - but would it be possible to provide a KN5 file that can be used ONLY for making previews ? Some other modders are using this system to give a choice which race numbers and yes/no enduro lights will be shown in previews, which makes me think that could be possible for skins too ?

Edit: forgot: the KTM is made in Austria (not Germany like mentioned in the UI).

Thanks for your bur report!
Wiper animations wasn't very important for now so they'll be added later! Latest version of bmw is 0.13 so there was an update already but like i've said before animations wasn't on the list for now ;) Racelogic should work like in every car in ac! never used it or assigned a button for it as well so we may need to check this :D mirrors and some small fixes like the ktm austria mistake XD

Cheers!

your GUERILLA Mods Team

.../...As for other FM tracks, Alps, Rio, and Prague are all on the no-go list, but Bathurst and Fujimi Kaido run great....
FM7 Bathurst run great for you ?
That's the one that is too heavy on my system compered to the Reboot version that I'm using. I can hotlap, but racing a full grid is a no go.
Alps, Rio, Prague, Maple no problem (Maple: full grid of TCL cars: 57 fps AVG).

FM7 Bathurst run great for you ?
That's the one that is too heavy on my system compered to the Reboot version that I'm using. I can hotlap, but racing a full grid is a no go.
Alps, Rio, Prague, Maple no problem (Maple: full grid of TCL cars: 57 fps AVG).

To be fair, I haven't tried racing Bathurst. But hotlapping is fine, maybe just a few fps slower than acu's version. Maybe I ought to try a race!

Edit: Due to my older hardware, I may have lower standards for what I consider playable. 30fps is my bottom line, but I do prefer 45+, hence that's where I've tuned my settings to for Kunos tracks. That said, Bathurst juuuust meets that minimum threshold. Here's the results of a quick race with a 12 car grid. Surprisingly, it was the straights that averaged in the low 30's, but the twisty section averaged in the mid to high 40's. Forgive the terrible laptimes. I need much more practice on this track. I struggle in a couple spots :lol:

GWv3ioP.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back