Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
It's dire in Italy...... thoughts with everyone around the world and those losing loved ones.

Sorry off topic.
Thank you, I just hope now every country in the world starts considering this a serious thing. We're in this situation and I hope this doesn't happen in the whole world, so stay at home playing AC and trying mods (so it's not OT anymore :D ).
But seriously, don't underestimate this, please.

To whom it may concern,

Since the Australian GP has been canceled due to the Coronavirus I have some time to look at the Okutama problem with the AI crashing on the bridge while overtaking. Maybe I can alter the track limit lines to funnel them thru there without crashing and/or an AI hint file. I'll see what my testing shows in the next day or so.

I think I'm going to stay inside for the next 2 weeks for the most part. I don't know anyone who has it yet and I hope I don't.

Best wishes and good luck to all with this thing.

If the value in suspension.ini falls outside the range given in setup.ini then the final value will be restricted to the closest value in setup.ini
When testing, enlarge the range in setup.ini so that you have plenty of room then when finished set a new range so that the car can't be made to bottom or top out.

that must be it, but the strange thing is that from the game I can upload it, but even if I change the files it doesn't change in the game.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    40 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 24
I thank you so much for the share, just one thing, my last name is Cosentino, not Cosentina:P:cheers:

Wow, dude, thank you for the work on the track. I have never seen this place before and it is a really nice layout.

I almost want to call you a liar for telling us that this is your first attempt at track modding because it is some absolutely gorgeous work.

I feel bad that I will now post something which annoys me a little because-
A) I am just nit picking really and
B) I have no knowledge on how track making works so no idea if this is even something that can feasibly be changed..

The track groove seems a bit high in some places and it creates an effect like driving through shallow water or something. It takes nothing away from the track enjoyability, but is particularly noticable to me under the wheels of the car in front when I'm driving. ('Why are you looking underneath the car in front instead of where you are driving?' I hear you ask)

I actually think this is generally a more noticable thing since Ilja recently changed the Fake Shadow FX module. I think with the 'properly project shadow' option you seem to get a double shadow- one projected on the groove layer and another one on the track surface beneath. It makes odd effects with shadows under cars when they drive over certain skid marks and other things at the moment.

Anyway I will happily donate you a beer because even though you say you joke, I think we all need to be staying drunk and either driving or creating awesome cars and tracks for the time being, at least until this virus rubbish dies down anyway.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows if there is a possibility to add reverb to certain part of tracks, already made, to make cars sound like in 3:15 of this video???

Although I'm quite late to this post, all I can say is:

Short Answer: I wish AC's Engine allowed for that.

Long Answer: On certain tracks like SX_Lemans, Sebring, Road America, Monza, or certain city tracks when your car drives into a zone set by the track creator it will create an echo-effect, however it wouldn't work like how you saw in that video.

First off, for you to even hear the reverb, your replay camera has to go into the zone the track creator specified for that reverb, meaning if your camera was outside of that zone, it would not be possible to get it to reverb, even if the car itself was in the zone.

Second off, what your hearing is not just reverb. What you see is the car disappearing behind an object, and what that does it cuts off some of the soundwaves that would hit your ears, which as a result muffles some of the frequencies you'd hear, which then leads to you only hearing the residue of the sound left behind, which comes in the form of reverb due to it bouncing off of a lot of objects before it reaches your ears. If you've been to daytona and stood behind the bathroom near the back oval, you'd notice that the cars became muffled and echoy due to the fact that the wall physically blocked the soundwaves from you, and wouldn't become clear like they were before until the soundwaves were able to enter your ear directly again.

Unfortunately Assetto's Sound Engine, albeit being one of the most versatile I've ever used, cannot simulate this effect whatsoever, and the only way I think they'd be able to is if we can have a way to tag objects to make them act like soundwave blockers, then allow sound modders to create samples for how the car would sound in that specific situation, however, I'm unsure if it'd be possible.

This video above is there to show you just how tight, rigid, and systematic sound really is. Sound design requires a lot more spatial awareness than people realize. You can really see how different the car can sound depending on the area it's in. Some areas will amplifies the cars bass and adds reverb due to the specific area being wide with lots of areas for the sound to bounch, while others could cut bass and restrict reverb due to the sound having little or no places to bounce. When the cars get further you'll notice they become more muffled due to the soundwaves being worn by the air, which is also why they get quiter further away too. Also, if the car enters an echo zone while further, you'll notice you can hear a muffled version of the reverb in it as well such is the case at 6:45 in this video:

What about exhaust sound volume in cockpit view of a car?In sounds.ini or extensions I saw there is no exhaust only engine,backfire etc....I would love to be able to do that.
Thanks!

I updated the track limits for Okutama normal layout. I narrowed the left side, put it closer to the fastlane over the bridge and a little bit before & after. It seems to keep the AI cars all in line without trying to pass now and it doesn't seem to lower their speed at all :-). I only did a small 5 lap test tho. Please test it out some more and let me know how it works.

Okutama - fix for AI bridge crashes, imported new track limits into fastlane.ai.rar 2.0 MB
https://mega.nz/#!O9gHHbzL!koynE9izz0t4oKMNVlI999CmrEuJxl25EmdOxHdwEa4

I haven't looked at the Reverse layout yet, Does anyone know if the same thing happens on that layout?

I updated the track limits for Okutama normal layout. I narrowed the left side, put it closer to the fastlane over the bridge and a little bit before & after. It seems to keep the AI cars all in line without trying to pass now and it doesn't seem to lower their speed at all :-). I only did a small 5 lap test tho. Please test it out some more and let me know how it works.

Okutama - fix for AI bridge crashes, imported new track limits into fastlane.ai.rar 2.0 MB
https://mega.nz/#!O9gHHbzL!koynE9izz0t4oKMNVlI999CmrEuJxl25EmdOxHdwEa4

I haven't looked at the Reverse layout yet, Does anyone know if the same thing happens on that layout?
Thanks buddy! Yeah, that pinch point on the dam is an issue in reverse as well.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back