Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,901 comments
I made an update on RD with both and some more:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...tegories-and-flags-for-content-manager.28714/

car-categories-png.355265

track-categories-png.355266
How the hell did I miss this? Brilliant work sir!

Last edited:
Did you ever make skins for Forzas 3&4 on Xbox 360? Everything had to be made from hundreds (or even thousands) of layers of scaled/rotated primitives, including logos. Now THAT was hard work, lol.

Was late to the Xbox party and only got one early last year but I tried making skins on Forza Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 and promptly gave up. To be honest I learnt a lot of stuff from doing clothes in GTA V on the pc :D I used to make T-shirts and stuff lol. Much prefer making skins for AC now though as it's much easier but definitely time consuming.

So I've downloaded 3DS max and the KN5 Coverter so I can start editing tracks, when i open the KN5 with the app i get between 3-6 files depending on the track which are either MTL or 3D oblects. As far as I'm aware the MTL files aren't important for the process but if I'm wanting to add more pit spots to the track do I need to merge all the 3D object files together in 3DS max or just use one of them if so which? I usually get two with the track name and then one which is the track name with ZMhack at the end. When I open them up they all pretty much look the same all have AC start/pit etc so if I merge them together I end up with duplicates would that mean I have to make each additional pit box 3 times. Not sure where I'm going wrong as everytime i export to KS editor I either get Object refernce not set to anything or error scaling found on node, all I've done so far is duplicated either the pit/start box and renamed it correctly. I've tried using the tutorials today and before when I was attempting to do it but they're for making a track really where you only have 1 base file

Very nice...Is it easy to add a new logo to this?
Yepp, just take a look into the json files for the definiton and put a new logo with 512x515 px in the correct folder. Or as I mentioned on RD and here too a while ago, send me the ones I´ll try to update them in little project.
Or write in discussion thread to improve it. :)

Edit: I tried to group things in a meaningful way, so if you want a new series look inside Series.json etc.

Yepp, just take a look into the json files for the definiton and put a new logo with 512x515 px in the correct folder. Or as I mentioned on RD and here too a while ago, send me the ones I´ll try to update them in little project.

I'll try it myself and if I fail I'll send it your way. Haven't seen this before...not sure how I missed it but always good to have something that makes CM nice and clean looking :cheers:

Edit: I tried to group things in a meaningful way, so if you want a new series look inside Series.json etc.

Figured most of it out but I got a bit stuck with adding an author so I've posted a message in discussion on RD.

I updated the track limits for Okutama normal layout. I narrowed the left side, put it closer to the fastlane over the bridge and a little bit before & after. It seems to keep the AI cars all in line without trying to pass now and it doesn't seem to lower their speed at all :-). I only did a small 5 lap test tho. Please test it out some more and let me know how it works.

Okutama - fix for AI bridge crashes, imported new track limits into fastlane.ai.rar 2.0 MB
https://mega.nz/#!O9gHHbzL!koynE9izz0t4oKMNVlI999CmrEuJxl25EmdOxHdwEa4

I haven't looked at the Reverse layout yet, Does anyone know if the same thing happens on that layout?
Did some laps with an old big-grid preset of mine for Okutama (26 Group 2 Mini Coopers) and they all navigated the pinch point on the dam without incident. With the previous AI this would have been a pile-up. Top work mate!

This was also an eye-opener about how new features in recent CSP updates have tanked my performance. This preset used to be locked 45ASW in VR, with overhead to spare. I now get 30fps. That's a HUGE drop. Time to try and find the culprit. I'm guessing smoke has a lot to do with it.

Edit: disabling ParticlesFX only regained 4fps.. :boggled:

Last edited:
Content Manager got an update!
  • Custom Shaders Patch:
    • Settings presets with sharing;
    • Proper support for scripts (Weather FX, chase cameras, etc.) selectors, allowing to add new things without editing main config;
    • Pack scripts or view their folders from context menu;
    • Better support for installing scripts (Weather FX, chase cameras, etc.);
    • Progress and cancellation for data auto-loading before the race;
    • Ability to define notes for settings, or mark settings as new;
    • New keybindings now defined in CSP manifest, allowing them to change with CSP updates;
    • Keyboard bindings with modifiers fixed, allowing to use more complex shortcuts or Alt key;
    • Support for modifier buttons for joysticks (coming soon to CSP);
    • Date selector in Quick Drive fixed;
    • Initial installation fixed;
    • Support for forced throttle option;
    • Screenshot format selection fixed;
  • SRS: app now tries to collect race combinations for you to quickly train with AIs or test it in Quick Drive;
  • System button bindings: use modifier button;
  • AC settings/Apps section:
    • Useless table removed;
    • Grid instead of list, fitting more items;
    • Option to enable/disable Python apps in general (check it if apps are gone);
  • Some of encrypted cars now show properly (contact me if you want your cars to be supported as well);
  • Total distance and estimate of duration in Quick Drive for laps slider;
  • Pin tabs in car and track selection dialogs;
  • Recalculate power and torque from car data without changing curves;
  • Colored border for challenges, progress display, new tabs to simplify progressing, filtering fixed;
  • Filtering for tracks based on driven distance fixed;
  • Context menus for title links;
  • Other new options:
    • Switch between orbit and other F5 camera in AC system settings;
    • Show time in 12-hour format;
    • Disable ghost car recording in hotlap mode (might be useful to train pair drifting with a ghost);
    • Arrange varying level AIs according to P/W ratio rather than grid position;
    • Show car preview in tooltips;
    • Launch Steam automatically with CM;
    • Make a noise if race is cancelled (for people with VR headsets to know something is wrong), either system beep or custom sound;
    • 3072×3072 for shadow resolution;
    • Options for Fanatec LEDs, with an extra thing allowing to disable LEDs or change their mode per-car level (thanks to Brandon Powell for the idea);
  • Downloads from Google Drive fixed;
  • Make your private notes for cars or tracks, then search by those notes;
  • Disabling/enabling objects in content section, like cars, won’t make selection in the list follow;
  • Server manager:
    • Context menus for cars in entry list;
    • Click on cars preview to go to entry list editing;
    • Change directory with presets;
    • Pit window open/close options fixed;
  • Custom Showroom:
    • Normal orbit camera instead of crazy one;
    • Moving things with accumulation AA/DOF works properly (it’ll be disabled and replaced with FXAA for period of moving);
    • Move suspension points, flames, fuel tank or wings, to make positioning easier;
  • New car analyzer detect for missing or misplaced sound;
  • In CM/General settings, buttons to quickly open CM data and logs folders;
  • App origin icons for settings section;
  • If CM would move itself outside of AC root folder for Oculus to work, it’ll show the new location now;
  • AC crash detection now supports most stack traces to show a more informative message (also, now you can select and copy that message);
  • Reload button for built-in web browsers;
  • Upper limit for steering wheel lock in controls raised to 9000° (enter it in text field next to slider if needed);
  • Making a new track, arrange track layouts manually with layout priority;
  • Support for hardware steering lock for Thrustmaster T-GT and other SimuCube devices;
  • Custom Previews: use blurred rims or force seatbelts on, just in case;
  • The Setup Market now uses new faster caching server, forcefully;
  • Browser engine CefSharp updated to v79;
  • Browser auto-download rules now automatically switch to suggested ones if those are working and existing one doesn’t;
  • Button to reset occasional hints;
  • More accented download mark in main menu button;
  • New CUP system for auto-updating mods (requires mod makes to join and use it);
  • Few mode lines are translatable, more coming soon;
  • Other smaller fixes and improvements.

Content Manager got an update!
  • Custom Shaders Patch:
    • Settings presets with sharing;
    • Proper support for scripts (Weather FX, chase cameras, etc.) selectors, allowing to add new things without editing main config;
    • Pack scripts or view their folders from context menu;
    • Better support for installing scripts (Weather FX, chase cameras, etc.);
    • Progress and cancellation for data auto-loading before the race;
    • Ability to define notes for settings, or mark settings as new;
    • New keybindings now defined in CSP manifest, allowing them to change with CSP updates;
    • Keyboard bindings with modifiers fixed, allowing to use more complex shortcuts or Alt key;
    • Support for modifier buttons for joysticks (coming soon to CSP);
    • Date selector in Quick Drive fixed;
    • Initial installation fixed;
    • Support for forced throttle option;
    • Screenshot format selection fixed;
  • SRS: app now tries to collect race combinations for you to quickly train with AIs or test it in Quick Drive;
  • System button bindings: use modifier button;
  • AC settings/Apps section:
    • Useless table removed;
    • Grid instead of list, fitting more items;
    • Option to enable/disable Python apps in general (check it if apps are gone);
  • Some of encrypted cars now show properly (contact me if you want your cars to be supported as well);
  • Total distance and estimate of duration in Quick Drive for laps slider;
  • Pin tabs in car and track selection dialogs;
  • Recalculate power and torque from car data without changing curves;
  • Colored border for challenges, progress display, new tabs to simplify progressing, filtering fixed;
  • Filtering for tracks based on driven distance fixed;
  • Context menus for title links;
  • Other new options:
    • Switch between orbit and other F5 camera in AC system settings;
    • Show time in 12-hour format;
    • Disable ghost car recording in hotlap mode (might be useful to train pair drifting with a ghost);
    • Arrange varying level AIs according to P/W ratio rather than grid position;
    • Show car preview in tooltips;
    • Launch Steam automatically with CM;
    • Make a noise if race is cancelled (for people with VR headsets to know something is wrong), either system beep or custom sound;
    • 3072×3072 for shadow resolution;
    • Options for Fanatec LEDs, with an extra thing allowing to disable LEDs or change their mode per-car level (thanks to Brandon Powell for the idea);
  • Downloads from Google Drive fixed;
  • Make your private notes for cars or tracks, then search by those notes;
  • Disabling/enabling objects in content section, like cars, won’t make selection in the list follow;
  • Server manager:
    • Context menus for cars in entry list;
    • Click on cars preview to go to entry list editing;
    • Change directory with presets;
    • Pit window open/close options fixed;
  • Custom Showroom:
    • Normal orbit camera instead of crazy one;
    • Moving things with accumulation AA/DOF works properly (it’ll be disabled and replaced with FXAA for period of moving);
    • Move suspension points, flames, fuel tank or wings, to make positioning easier;
  • New car analyzer detect for missing or misplaced sound;
  • In CM/General settings, buttons to quickly open CM data and logs folders;
  • App origin icons for settings section;
  • If CM would move itself outside of AC root folder for Oculus to work, it’ll show the new location now;
  • AC crash detection now supports most stack traces to show a more informative message (also, now you can select and copy that message);
  • Reload button for built-in web browsers;
  • Upper limit for steering wheel lock in controls raised to 9000° (enter it in text field next to slider if needed);
  • Making a new track, arrange track layouts manually with layout priority;
  • Support for hardware steering lock for Thrustmaster T-GT and other SimuCube devices;
  • Custom Previews: use blurred rims or force seatbelts on, just in case;
  • The Setup Market now uses new faster caching server, forcefully;
  • Browser engine CefSharp updated to v79;
  • Browser auto-download rules now automatically switch to suggested ones if those are working and existing one doesn’t;
  • Button to reset occasional hints;
  • More accented download mark in main menu button;
  • New CUP system for auto-updating mods (requires mod makes to join and use it);
  • Few mode lines are translatable, more coming soon;
  • Other smaller fixes and improvements.

Updating this doesn't overwrite any thing in the data (user) folder does it?

Nope, just tested and btw. thats why I changed it to the data (user) folder as it´s intended to be the user data folder. :D

I was hoping you'd say that :D. I just looked and Fanapryde's origin icons are in the data folder...maybe a stupid question but can these be moved to the Data (User) folder and still work?

Ford GT is done. No point in trying to list all the things I've done as there's a whole lot. Basically it's now lapping at around the pace that it likely would in reality, so similar to the Covette C6 Z06 and Ferrari 430 Scuderia. It's pretty well planted with loads of mechanical grip, but will bite if you're too liberal with the throttle. The suspension and aero is a mish mash of good mod cars and kunos stuff blended together to get the results I wanted in terms of feedback, the rest of the data is based on as much real information as I could obtain on the car.

As mentioned previously, I only ever drive with bonnet camera so the interior almost certainly has problems. If you want to fix it, or anything else on the car, then go right ahead, if you want to share it elsewhere or re-upload it, go for it, credit me or don't, I'm not fussed. Also, it's finished from my perspective so please don't come to me with suggested improvements or complaints as I'll be working on other stuff. Original credit for the model goes to anyone that feels like claiming it.

https://mega.nz/#!j0MknSAA!1PER9dw59ndf3oq0pmqmX5Nwqlf_20Rpbj1OWrJ_7bw

89106520_10103772331885458_8618296292575019008_n.jpg

I was hoping you'd say that :D. I just looked and Fanapryde's origin icons are in the data folder...maybe a stupid question but can these be moved to the Data (User) folder and still work?
Yes of course. I make it so since a while now and had no probs. :)
I even had entended for my wishes and it works like a charm. :D

Anthough it seem not be needed as CM imo never changed something in data folder, but as data (user) is intended to take user´s data it seem to be a bit more safe. :)
But you can download the Origin Icons anyway after an update to repair it. :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back