Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,867 comments
That is the drift version off that massive drift resource that was posted.
Really nice model.

Is there a non drift version in the works?

upload_2020-4-4_13-4-47.png

I have a question regarding Balance of Performance (BOP).
In a full GT3 field, all AI controlled cars, the Audi R8 LMS quickly takes the lead, while the McLaren 720s accelerates like a granny.
While I can (and will) add some ballast to the Audi in the starting grid, I also want the McLaren to be faster by default.
How should I do it?
I tried the classic engine swap (drivetrain, engine, power, sound files) but it makes no effect on how slow that car is.

On the front straight I get a rail in the road. Then there are trees in the sky after that. Then on the back portion of the track there is all kinds of stuff not in place...bushes and grandstands on the race track. You ride through the stuff on the track.
Sorry for all the trouble :(

I made a mistake and unknowingly edited the older version of the track, not the one provided by Delta7Fox, which might have caused the issues.

Here is the link to the better version (Delta7Fox one). Keep in mind it's just the kn5 file of the track and the ui.track.json file, not the entire track folder, so that it doesn't change anything else except what it is supposed to, or at least I hope it doesn't.

(If I am sharing a private version of the track then please let me know and I will delete the link asap, apologies in advance, I don't know yet how everything works).

Link: https://mega.nz/file/eDInQAoA#ELS3AwP1neu3iqFEa0UtzTQ1--wK5kIlpjR5KwY41Y4

In a full GT3 field, all AI controlled cars, the Audi R8 LMS quickly takes the lead, while the McLaren 720s accelerates like a granny.
While I can (and will) add some ballast to the Audi in the starting grid, I also want the McLaren to be faster by default.
How should I do it?
I tried the classic engine swap (drivetrain, engine, power, sound files) but it makes no effect on how slow that car is.

You can try change the ai.ini (look the one of an other GT3 car), but generally you must do an ai_default setup for each track (or copy paste it) or in suspension.ini change TOE_OUT= and STATIC_CAMBER= and check in game a good toe and camber.
Do you speak of the 2018 or 2019 720S?

Last edited:
2019 McLaren 720s, the one exported from ACC. It slows down the whole pack.
When I'm driving it I can go on par with all the other cars, so it looks like an AI thing on that specific car.
I tried switching the ai with the fastest cars in the grid (Honda NSX, Audi R8, Bentley)... it doesn't make the car accelerate any faster.

Last edited:
This car have hight camber (you can lower it in suspension.ini) hight ride height (you can't change it because the suspension geometry is relative to that) and the 2019 tires have low PSI by default, so maybe without practice and qualification AI run with too low PSI, does the car is faster on "WE" than on "RACE"?

Edit: 2 possibilities doing an ai_default setup for each track or doing an alternative car with car tuner like I do for opponents and changes in tyres.ini PRESSURE_STATIC= (front and rear) and in supension.ini ROD_LENGTH= ride height and STATIC_CAMBER=.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Today I went for a few laps at Macau, and this is happening. No flickering, it's just pink.

I have the latest CSP installed, the lateste SOL beta version, and I'm using Natural_Mod PPFilter. Any way to solve this? I quite like this track :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_ginetta_g55_macau_4-4-120-22-11-35.jpg
    Screenshot_ginetta_g55_macau_4-4-120-22-11-35.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 96
How should I do it?
That's a great question seeing as this car has a lot of neat "doo-dads" running to make it complex. Lots of parameters have lut files instead of just a single figure. I don't know if the AI just uses/interprets all this correctly or what. I hope they do.

One thing you can try though, go into ai.ini and change gas_gain from 4 to say 20 and see if that makes them go faster. Everything else looks on par as I can see.

That's a great question seeing as this car has a lot of neat "doo-dads" running to make it complex. Lots of parameters have lut files instead of just a single figure. I don't know if the AI just uses/interprets all this correctly or what. I hope they do.

One thing you can try though, go into ai.ini and change gas_gain from 4 to say 20 and see if that makes them go faster. Everything else looks on par as I can see.

I tried it, but it didn't work.
This is the graphical difference between the leader and the last car after 1 lap:

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-4_18-47-15.png
    upload_2020-4-4_18-47-15.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 57

I almost sure that 4 is the max for gas_gain (in any case for the version 3).
I think it's the PSI the main problem like I said above. Does the lexus have the same problem?

OK. Thanks. Any definitive source for info on the values? I've read so much conflicting info. I've read that 4 maybe the max, that it can also be higher and people swear the cars can go faster off of a stop or a turn, I've also read that These values aren't even used at all anymore.
I swear there needs to be some type of Dev manual. I would pay money just for a Damn manual. If I had any, I owe it all to a Welch Sailor.

some modded car's tires become bugged on the move, like they lose their shape integrity. Is there a workaround for this problem like editing their shader etc.?

If you're meaning just visual deformation, you could try turning off 'TyreFX' in CSP and see if that helps.

How should I do it?

If you are talking about the last McLaren 720s from MisterWaffles ,

"McLaren 720s GT4 Version 0.9 by MisterWaffles and the GT4 Team

View attachment 905528

Addditional Credits:
- Power Curve and Suspension tweaks: @Beezer215
- Additional Testing: @Fanapryde
- Tire AI: @GIBBONS
- Original Mod: 1st Racing Studios (ripped from Forza)

After a longer wait than usual, the McLaren 720s GT4 mod is ready to roll (probably). The car is quite spicy when it comes to lap times despite being so heavy (1460kg), so a little restrictor on certain tracks wouldn't hurt when setting up races. Running the AI unrestricted shouldn't be a problem though. The AI is a little slower than the Kunos Cayman GT4.

Change Log over 1st Racing Studios "720s GT3":

- Increased weight
- Reduced power
- McLaren pit crews
- 3 new simple racing skins
- Aero changes
- Suspension tweaks
- GT4 hard compound tires from GIBBONS AI
- AI alterations"

its a GT4, not a GT3.

Btw, MisterWaffles and Bezzer, Fanapride & Gibbons, very well done. very enjoyable car to race.

Last edited:
I figured as such. I've been having the same problems with the 720s GT3 on my PC as well. It's ridiculously slow when in the AI's hands. The only time that car ever comes out for me is when I'm driving it myself.

Yeap. I have 3 GT3 McLaren (including the one from Kunos), they all have the exact same problem.
Sad to leave them out of the grid.

A complete team, the 1957 Ferrari ... is a start for the real faces, none compared to those who edit the faces of the FIFA and PES games. What I'm doing is just a complement to make it more immersive when we play with the cars of the time. I do everything for paint and paint 3d. I have to find a photo that fits more or less, preferably colored. And trying to see what the pilots' clothes were like, since most of them until the late 50s and early 60s, they did not wear overalls, but shirts, or short or long sleeves and normal pants.

Attachments

• Lancia-Ferrari 801.V.TripsITA57.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801.V.TripsITA57.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_V.TprisITA57.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_V.TprisITA57.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_CollinsITA57.2.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_CollinsITA57.2.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_CollinsITA57.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_CollinsITA57.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_HawntITA57.2.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_HawntITA57.2.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_HawntITA57.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_HawntITA57.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_MussoITA57.2.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_MussoITA57.2.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_MussoITA57.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_MussoITA57.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_TrintGBR57.2.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_TrintGBR57.2.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Lancia-Ferrari 801_TrintGBR57.png
    Lancia-Ferrari 801_TrintGBR57.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 42
2019 McLaren 720s, the one exported from ACC. It slows down the whole pack.
When I'm driving it I can go on par with all the other cars, so it looks like an AI thing on that specific car.
I tried switching the ai with the fastest cars in the grid (Honda NSX, Audi R8, Bentley)... it doesn't make the car accelerate any faster.

That is strange. I did let the AI (100%) race the 2 different 720 GT3 against the 2 McLaren GT3 from Kunos. No problems for the 2019 720 GT3 (Author: whistleblower39 https://sharemods.com/65i3o570gw31/Mclaren_720s_GT3.rar.html) This was the result:

upload_2020-4-5_7-13-41.png

I never thought you were part of ASR and my post was not aimed at you, I even think it is great that you ( or anyone else) let us know when a new mod or an updated mod is available somewhere.
My post is about the frequency on some update from ASR, but not limited to ASR, and are they for exposure or are they real updates.
I have hard time seeing any real difference in some cases, hence I am asking the group here how they feel about the subject.
Well documented fix list help in understanding what is really going on, almost no information on the update or even worst no information at all, are being suspicious to me.
Just saying, I am still grateful on any new or updated mod available.:cheers:

My 2 cents, I'm not an F1 driver and I haven't driven these cars hundreds of kms to know them inside out enough to feel these supposedly physics/FFB updates. Most of the ASR cars that I have are still in V1.0, because they feel perfectly fine for me when I first drove them. In fact barring any obvious issues on first drive, I rarely download updates for ANY of my mods. I think on RD I have 200+ notifications of mod updates that I haven't rechecked :lol:

I also feel the same way regarding RSS' yearly Formula Hybrid mods. Like, unless you're the official test driver for the F1 teams, I doubt you can feel the difference between a 2017 vs 2018 vs 2019 car. And don't even get me started on the 2020 mod being released when the actual F1 season are currently in limbo. The cars would probably feel completely different on the first race than they were in winter testing. Or even worse, the 2021 new regulation F1 mod. I bet the teams themselves aren't even half done with the new car (which has now been postponed to 2022, or even later), and here they are asking for money for a future car with predicted specs? :lol:

IMO the frequency of updates could be cut a lot less if they are not fixing game breaking glitches. Rather than releasing V1.01, then V1.02 next week, V1.03 2 weeks later why not just bundle them all and release V1.5 half a year later? Probably because frequent updates makes it seem like they're hard at work and satisfies the younger generation's ADHD need for "new" things every week. Me, I'd rather spend my time driving actual new mods than trying to get ASR's download to finish for the 10th time :banghead: :lol:

That is strange. I did let the AI (100%) race the 2 different 720 GT3 against the 2 McLaren GT3 from Kunos. No problems for the 2019 720 GT3 (Author: whistleblower39 https://sharemods.com/65i3o570gw31/Mclaren_720s_GT3.rar.html) This was the result:

View attachment 905872

I think a more accurate test that would have helped answer his problems a bit better would have been to put the 720s in a race against a bunch of different Kunos GT3 cars from different manufacturers to test how slow the 720s is.

I’m using the version of the 720s GT3 as it was originally launched so there’s probably been a few updates since then and that’s why it’s slow for me. I haven’t been keeping track of them though so I’m not sure.

On discord there is an update of the data file for the McLaren 720 GT3. The "basic" version is slower than the other kunos GT3.
Go to: Toprace discord-physic test build

Thanks man!
Just tried it. Here's a picture of Brands Hatch just starting.
McLaren 720s GT3, driven by the ai, sadly still holding the cars behind due to it's slow acceleration.

upload_2020-4-5_4-4-21.png

The new incoming shaderspatch update :)
- New FFB tweaks extension, with more accurate gyro implementation by Stereo;
- New app replacing original Photo Mode app:
- Simple CPL simulation for screenshots;
- Saving and loading camera positions;
- Preview shot before saving;
- In replays:
- Adjust shutter speed for accumulation motion blur;
- Switch lights, brake lights, damage, dirt or driver on and off in replays;
- Change time of day or spin whole track around to get light where it needs to be;
- Trees receiving shadows are optional now, disabled by default;
- Also, trees receiving shadows should be smoother now, a couple of bugs were fixed as well;
- Trees A2C dithering, to reduce banding with MSAA;
- Volume adjustments for cars audio fixed;
- Dynamic flags are also optional now;
- Broken UV mapping for flags is fixed;
- IMGUI apps won’t break mouse interacting with the rest of AC anymore;
- Simpler dynamic lights in reflection cubemap to speed things up (skipping car lights or very small lights);
- Option to turn down G-forces in AC telemetry if car is slower than 6 km/h (for D-BOX);
- Weather FX:
- Option to force headlights for bots;
- New option for clouds, to render them as horizontal;
- A couple of fixes for default weather script;
- Refracting glass: refraction masking based on alpha-channel in txDiffuse, for headlights with partially flat glass;
- Option to cache generated grids and payloads for AI splines, to speed up loading by a couple of seconds;
- New Python functions to get length of AI splines, get spline position from world coordinates and vice versa;
- Few smaller bug fixes.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back