Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,867 comments
Is anyone using the track previews made a while ago with country/track logo (original) ?

I have been updating new tracks preview with this style and I wonder if people are interested by it.

Here is a sample of what I made :
Annotation 2020-04-05 092905.png

The new incoming shaderspatch update :)
- New FFB tweaks extension, with more accurate gyro implementation by Stereo;
- New app replacing original Photo Mode app:
- Simple CPL simulation for screenshots;
- Saving and loading camera positions;
- Preview shot before saving;
- In replays:
- Adjust shutter speed for accumulation motion blur;
- Switch lights, brake lights, damage, dirt or driver on and off in replays;
- Change time of day or spin whole track around to get light where it needs to be;
- Trees receiving shadows are optional now, disabled by default;
- Also, trees receiving shadows should be smoother now, a couple of bugs were fixed as well;
- Trees A2C dithering, to reduce banding with MSAA;
- Volume adjustments for cars audio fixed;
- Dynamic flags are also optional now;
- Broken UV mapping for flags is fixed;
- IMGUI apps won’t break mouse interacting with the rest of AC anymore;
- Simpler dynamic lights in reflection cubemap to speed things up (skipping car lights or very small lights);
- Option to turn down G-forces in AC telemetry if car is slower than 6 km/h (for D-BOX);
- Weather FX:
- Option to force headlights for bots;
- New option for clouds, to render them as horizontal;
- A couple of fixes for default weather script;
- Refracting glass: refraction masking based on alpha-channel in txDiffuse, for headlights with partially flat glass;
- Option to cache generated grids and payloads for AI splines, to speed up loading by a couple of seconds;
- New Python functions to get length of AI splines, get spline position from world coordinates and vice versa;
- Few smaller bug fixes.
Never seen the changelog prior to release before. Is there an ETA for the actual patch?

The new incoming shaderspatch update :)
- New FFB tweaks extension, with more accurate gyro implementation by Stereo;
- New app replacing original Photo Mode app:
- Simple CPL simulation for screenshots;
- Saving and loading camera positions;
- Preview shot before saving;
- In replays:
- Adjust shutter speed for accumulation motion blur;
- Switch lights, brake lights, damage, dirt or driver on and off in replays;
- Change time of day or spin whole track around to get light where it needs to be;
- Trees receiving shadows are optional now, disabled by default;
- Also, trees receiving shadows should be smoother now, a couple of bugs were fixed as well;
- Trees A2C dithering, to reduce banding with MSAA;
- Volume adjustments for cars audio fixed;
- Dynamic flags are also optional now;
- Broken UV mapping for flags is fixed;
- IMGUI apps won’t break mouse interacting with the rest of AC anymore;
- Simpler dynamic lights in reflection cubemap to speed things up (skipping car lights or very small lights);
- Option to turn down G-forces in AC telemetry if car is slower than 6 km/h (for D-BOX);
- Weather FX:
- Option to force headlights for bots;
- New option for clouds, to render them as horizontal;
- A couple of fixes for default weather script;
- Refracting glass: refraction masking based on alpha-channel in txDiffuse, for headlights with partially flat glass;
- Option to cache generated grids and payloads for AI splines, to speed up loading by a couple of seconds;
- New Python functions to get length of AI splines, get spline position from world coordinates and vice versa;
- Few smaller bug fixes.
Now this is what I call a changelog. Wow.

Citroen C3 R5 Track v0.99 by RW/MysteryModder
R5 Track updates:

- flipped mirrors fixed (thanks N)

Mirrors were still reversed (but that's an easy fix).
I keep getting profiled tires though, whatever compound I install.
Nice car to throw around (needs working wipers)... :D

Never seen the changelog prior to release before. Is there an ETA for the actual patch?

Ilja said he may release it tomorrow, which probably means today in most of the world... however, that was dependant on what bugs are found by Patreon subscribers who try it first. (As I'm a Patreon patron, I have it now.)

I've already reported that the dreaded 'Reinstall CSP' that has been around for the last couple of weeks is still there and a couple of other people are having a weird issue with a square shadow on the road in front of the cars as well as incorrect placement of some trackside objects, though I've not got an issue with either.

Bugs aside, the new FFB option developed by Stereo feels very good to me.

Last edited:
Hi !

I done quickly a point on the very latest versions you can get on ASR Formula for Assetto Corsa.
Link to ASR Formula : https://www.asrformula.com/simulator/assetto-corsa/

Beta versions (Paymod) :
- McLaren MP4/5b (0.7)

Released versions (Free) :
- Benetton B191 (1.03)
- Brabham BT60Y (1.0)
- Ferrari F2004 (1.25)
- Ferrari 643 (2.33)
- Ferrari F92A (1.01)
- McLaren MP4/6 (1.29)
- Minardi M191 (1.05)
- Tyrrell 020 (1.14)
- Williams FW14 (1.35)

All the changelogs are visible on each download page car.

Please avoid any form of sarcasm or mockery in these awful times, what we essentially need is not found in superfluous and hurtful forms of irony.

Stay safe, I hope your family and you are fine ! ;)

Ilja said he may release it tomorrow, which probably means today in most of the world... however, that was dependant on what bugs are found by Patreon subscribers who try it first.
As I'm a Patreon patron, I have it now.

I've already reported that the dreaded 'Reinstall CSP' that has been around for the last couple of weeks is still there and a couple of other people are having a weird issue with a square shadow on the road in front of the cars as well as incorrect placement of some trackside objects, though I've not got an issue with either.

Can you please check the flags at Maple Valley/Bernese Alps and see if they are displaying correctly now? This was a long-standing issue that eventually got fixed... then borked.

Masscot, so far as I can tell all the flags and billboards are in what appears to be the correct position. No weird double-ups or anything else. Flags at Maple Valley ripple with the wind, but I didn't see any movement at Bernese Alps.

The chopper pilot at Maple Valley is demanding a special bonus for hovering so long while in self-isolation. He says, if he doesn't get what he's demanding, he'll "put this baby down somewhere you don't want it." :rolleyes:

(EDIT: I am seeing some odd anti-aliasing artifacts with the flags. Sort of like edge tearing. But I don't know if that's something with my settings yet.)

Last edited:
Masscot, so far as I can tell all the flags and billboards are in what appears to be the correct position. No weird double-ups or anything else. Flags at Maple Valley ripple with the wind, but I didn't see any movement at Bernese Alps.

The chopper pilot at Maple Valley is demanding a special bonus for hovering so long while in self-isolation. He says, if he doesn't get what he's demanding, he'll "put this baby down somewhere you don't want it." :rolleyes:

(EDIT: I am seeing some odd anti-aliasing artifacts with the flags. Sort of like edge tearing. But I don't know if that something with my settings yet.)
Thanks! Are the images appearing correctly on the flags? That was what was borked recently, eg with my new skin at Maple Valley the flags should be red with 'Rebellion' branding, but appeared with just vertical stripes in 0.1.150.

Haven't seen any issues with the flags rendering incorrectly. What I am struggling with, which has no relationship to that, is a strange overall blurriness that looks like bad temporal AA, but I don't have that on.

Last edited:
Ilja said he may release it tomorrow, which probably means today in most of the world... however, that was dependant on what bugs are found by Patreon subscribers who try it first. (As I'm a Patreon patron, I have it now.)

I’ve got the square patch issue but not on all tracks, I also had to lower a lot of my FFB settings the other day and couldn’t work out why, but I’m still on CSP 1.48......any how’s it feels amazing and the FWD cars feel rather exciting to drive. Still baffled though as to why it’s changed seemingly on it’s own. Either way this was always a great game, but it’s becoming more and more exceptional so a very big thank you modders!! Stay safe ✌️

Just had a weird glitch manifest and I can't work out what it is or how to fix it.
Basically, everything seems normal in CM menus and pre-race until I actually get on the track, where the screen is just black. Sound is OK, I seem to be able to control the car... I just can't see anything. Tried single screen thinking it was a VR issue, tried restarting Oculus, tried restarting the PC. Very weird. It happened immediately after I installed @PepperoniAC24 's new Zolder skins and config, but I'm pretty sure this was entirely coincidental.
Any ideas chaps?

Since we got the billboard update on Zolder (PascalWB) from fellow @PepperoniAC24 I assume there won´t be any volunteers right now to finish this track to a decent 2020 level? But anyway which setting in CSP causes the reflection on the grass? It looks like the floor is made of water:

EDIT: put the config into the right place. Now it works as it should.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ac_legends_capri_rs3100_zolder_pascalwb_5-4-120-13-29-36.png
    Screenshot_ac_legends_capri_rs3100_zolder_pascalwb_5-4-120-13-29-36.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hi !

I done quickly a point on the very latest versions you can get on ASR Formula for Assetto Corsa.
Link to ASR Formula : https://www.asrformula.com/simulator/assetto-corsa/

Beta versions (Paymod) :
- McLaren MP4/5b (0.7)

Released versions (Free) :
- Benetton B191 (1.03)
- Brabham BT60Y (1.0)
- Ferrari F2004 (1.25)
- Ferrari 643 (2.33)
- Ferrari F92A (1.01)
- McLaren MP4/6 (1.29)
- Minardi M191 (1.05)
- Tyrrell 020 (1.14)
- Williams FW14 (1.35)

All the changelogs are visible on each download page car.

Please avoid any form of sarcasm or mockery in these awful times, what we essentially need is not found in superfluous and hurtful forms of irony.

Stay safe, I hope your family and you are fine ! ;)

As I see you like these ASR mods. I like them too, but I have a problem with their vintage formulas, especially 1991 season ones. They have kamikaze tendencies and often barely make it through the first lap and cause a massive pileup in one of the corners. Is there a fix for that?

Just had a weird glitch manifest and I can't work out what it is or how to fix it.
Basically, everything seems normal in CM menus and pre-race until I actually get on the track, where the screen is just black. Sound is OK, I seem to be able to control the car... I just can't see anything. Tried single screen thinking it was a VR issue, tried restarting Oculus, tried restarting the PC. Very weird. It happened immediately after I installed @PepperoniAC24 's new Zolder skins and config, but I'm pretty sure this was entirely coincidental.
Any ideas chaps?
Do you manage to fix it?

Since we got the billboard update on Zolder (PascalWB) from fellow @PepperoniAC24 I assume there won´t be any volunteers right now to finish this track to a decent 2020 level? But anyway which setting in CSP causes the reflection on the grass? It looks like the floor is made of water:

It's nice to see a refresh of this track even if it is only a new skin, but am I the only one who prefers the other Zolder? I can't remember who created the one I use but the folder name is just plain Zolder, I'm sure I got it from the old TrackReeboot site. Looks amazing with the VAO patch on it, IMO.

It's nice to see a refresh of this track even if it is only a new skin, but am I the only one who prefers the other Zolder? I can't remember who created the one I use but the folder name is just plain Zolder, I'm sure I got it from the old TrackReeboot site. Looks amazing with the VAO patch on it, IMO.
Like it too but I prefer the other one for two reasons
mainly the track from Pascalwb is really more accurate for curb etc
second reason because the Pascal track is lighter onmy computer, the other need a lot of optimisation, just an opinion, have fun :)

Yes that was my impression as well. The AC track reboot version is a thousand times better thant the PascalWB. I will delete it right away. I wasn´t sure why I deleted it years ago and thought I give it a new try but no, the ACTRB version is better.

Reassure me, I put it in the good folder or I do a mistake and put it in the wrong one, because normally if you do a copy/cut of the content folder, everything must be at the right place, if it's the case, i'm gonna fix it this way

Like it too but I prefer the other one for two reasons
mainly the track from Pascalwb is really more accurate for curb etc
second reason because the Pascal track is lighter onmy computer, the other need a lot of optimisation, just an opinion, have fun :)

Yes that was my impression as well. The AC track reboot version is a thousand times better thant the PascalWB. I will delete it right away. I wasn´t sure why I deleted it years ago and thought I give it a new try but no, the ACTRB version is better.

Ofcourse, we all have opinions, thanks guys. I didn't realise the kerbs were so bad in the reboot version, but I guess it's the only version of Zolder in any game that I have spent a lot of time on so basically all I know.

The Pascalweb version is far more accurate. If you compare it to the acc version of the track which is laser scanned, it is nearly identical with layout, elevation changes and corner angles. The ac reboot one does look very nice with textures and stuff, but it is not as accurate it seems.

Do you manage to fix it?
Just this minute, eventually!
Had to reinstall display drivers.
Phew. I was worried there for a while. It's only AC that's keeping me sane during isolation.

Edit: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Just tried Zolder again and it's triggered the same problem again! Was fine on other tracks.

Edit 2:
Other tracks are now borked too.
Reinstalling video drivers again.
I guess nobody else is getting this issue with Zolder?

Edit 3: seems Slider has the same issue, triggered by the Zolder skin update.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back