Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,873 comments
Arf :/
How is it possible?
Just edit texture and nothing else, perhaps the ini files?
Did you overwrite it?
I put your config in the right place, overwriting the one that was there. Auto-updates are turned off. When I try to use one of your skins at Zolder it seems to trigger a black screen that gets carried over to other tracks too. Restarting CM and PC did not fix it.
I just had to reinstall my display drivers again and that's cleared it up again. I'll avoid Zolder in the meantime.
Slider has the same issue but I'm not sure if it affects his other tracks too.

Edit: I suggest you pull the download from RD until the issue is found?

Just this minute, eventually!
Had to reinstall display drivers.
Phew. I was worried there for a while. It's only AC that's keeping me sane during isolation.

Edit 3: seems Slider has the same issue, triggered by the Zolder skin update.
Yepp, I´ve that too. First dark gray screen and now black! :(
As far as I can see, something is causing a lua error. I´m trying to investigate whats going on.
upload_2020-4-5_14-41-57.png

Black track with lua error, so I wouldn´t recommend it yet. :(

Edit: Yapp, seems something brokens overall. All tracks are black now, at least the few I tested now... :(

cm, general patch settings, optimizations, force uav flag, adv. do you have this set ?

If so, try unticking it and see if it fixes your black screen.

I put your config in the right place, overwriting the one that was there. Auto-updates are turned off. When I try to use one of your skins at Zolder it seems to trigger a black screen that gets carried over to other tracks too. Restarting CM and PC did not fix it.
I just had to reinstall my display drivers again and that's cleared it up again. I'll avoid Zolder in the meantime.
Slider has the same issue but I'm not sure if it affects his other tracks too.

Edit: I suggest you pull the download from RD until the issue is found?

Yepp, I´ve that too. First dark gray screen and now black! :(
As far as I can see, something is causing a lua error. I´m trying to investigate whats going on.
View attachment 905942
Black track with lua error, so I wouldn´t recommend it yet. :(

Just re-installed to test, all works fine on my end. Still deleting the track as much prefer the other version, and this reminded me even more, even if the track surface itself may be more accurate on Pascals, it's just not as nice. But many thanks @PepperoniAC24 for the work!

Maybe related, or not: using CSP 1.48 with the latest sol as we speak. nVidia GPU with version 441.41 drivers (can't bring myself to update yet as my system performs great)

As I see you like these ASR mods. I like them too, but I have a problem with their vintage formulas, especially 1991 season ones. They have kamikaze tendencies and often barely make it through the first lap and cause a massive pileup in one of the corners. Is there a fix for that?
Hi ! :)

I'm not able to answer you because I only do hotlaps (and some AC Challenges... sometimes !).
Indeed, I'm not able too to answer you about the suicidal tendancies of the ASR Formula specially 1991, because I never used them as recreating a little historic racing event, I'm sorry for you and your annoying issues.

In another point, I have not a particular affect on ASR Formula productions (but It's the same for the other well known paymod teams ^^).
I (really) bought them and, for me, It's interesting to follow some progress since the first beta (as I did for the VRC Team for another example, the huge difference is VRC have a forum which is possible to give his feeling and all of the time, there were constructive discussions).
About VRC, It seems the beta testing (as a paymod) is finished since a while now.

Sometimes I'm not satisfy with big or little annoying things (for ASR).
It's my opinion, my feeling and I'm not a man who will impose his point of view which was fed, in his debut in "simracing", by a "Commodore Amiga 500" with "Grand-Prix" (by Geoff Crammond) and "Test Drive" ! ^^

I mentionned I got no particular affect with the ASR Team... except for the Ferrari 641/2 which is here (by the involved technologies, the engineering and his aestethic) in my "Top 3" of my favorite F1 cars.

Bye and stay safe ! ;)

Just re-installed to test, all works fine on my end. Still deleting the track as much prefer the other version, and this reminded me even more, even if the track surface itself may be more accurate on Pascals, it's just not as nice. But many thanks @PepperoniAC24 for the work!

Maybe related, or not: using CSP 1.48 with the latest sol as we speak. nVidia GPU with version 441.41 drivers (can't bring myself to update yet as my system performs great)
In CM, general patch settings, optimizations, force uav flag, adv.
Do you have this ticked?

Yes that was my impression as well. The AC track reboot version is a thousand times better thant the PascalWB. I will delete it right away. I wasn´t sure why I deleted it years ago and thought I give it a new try but no, the ACTRB version is better.

I think they are the same track, but with different textures.

Each his own preference of course, but as someone who has driven hundreds of km on Zolder (Bicycle, motorbikes and cars), I can tell you that the Pascal WB version is MUCH more accurate in every way.

It's surely not the same track. Pascal WB has built this from scratch, using every thinkable parameter.

That said, he sadly has left the scene, while the track needs some 'fine tuning' in environment details.

I really need the light of someone, how an image, texture is just and only that, could cause such an error and how could it infect all others tracks?
Seriously?
I do not edit kn5, i do not edit ini file, it's the ini file that you could find in this thread.
I do not use editor to work on the track directly like 3d mark or thing like that, i only use some kind of photoshop and change color on texture, change sponsor (picture) in others ones etc.
How could it cause such a thing?
If I listen to myself in the moment (but I ll not do, I ll breathe before :) ), I stop doing mod, it take me really a lot of time and when i see how i can be lynch, emotional people reaction and blame, it's really disappointing

I really need the light of someone, how an image, texture is just and only that, could cause such an error and how could it infect all others tracks?
Seriously?
I do not edit kn5, i do not edit ini file, it's the ini file that you could find in this thread.
I do not use editor to work on the track directly like 3d mark or thing like that, i only use some kind of photoshop and change color on texture, change sponsor (picture) in others ones etc.
If I listen to myself in the moment (but I ll not do, I ll breathe before :) ), I stop doing mod, it take me really a lot of time and when i see how i can be lynch, emotional people reaction and blame, it's really disappointing
Sorry, what? I´m not lynching nobody, I just confirmed there is something wrong, I still can´t say what, but @Masscot asked me, how to fix that. I tried to verify his probs and and installed and enabled the skin "Overhaul 2019" and started game. And entering track, my screen went dark grey, now it´s black. That´s why I wrote I wouldn´t recommend it "yet".
Something is definitively wrong, I can just say what for now. So I blame nobody for that. Just warning it happened to me too.

Seriously?
Dude, nobody is getting emotional or hurling blame around, we're just trying to establish what's causing the issue. It's affected two of us exactly the same, so it's probably affecting other people too. As far as I can tell it is definitely Zolder that's causing the issue, and might be due to your skins. That's what we're trying to work out. We have to err on the side of caution here. Once the problem is triggered it then affects all other tracks. In my case I have to reinstall display drivers to fix it, and that was after a LOT of investigative trial-and-error.

I were not talking about people in this thread but people in private mail on RD etc
And not only for this mod but for other one too, you got 2000 person using one mod without problem, 20 giving 5 stars and 1 who don't know how to install a skin when you explain it in the overview page and the read_me file, and this one give you 1 star because of his own ineptitude and send you 5 or 6 mails, to whom you reply, take your time, and during that time do nothing else, and at the end, you can be insult too, it happens to me, I think this time I loose my virginity in modding :)

Last edited:
Seriously?
Consider this Zolder situation a one-off. (It does not apply to me because I use AC Reboot Zolder.) Everyone is working together to find a fix.

Keep doing what you love! I appreciate your updates to Barbagallo and Townsville. I have a renewed interest in Barbagallo now that it looks so much better.

Just had a weird glitch manifest and I can't work out what it is or how to fix it.
Basically, everything seems normal in CM menus and pre-race until I actually get on the track, where the screen is just black. Sound is OK, I seem to be able to control the car... I just can't see anything. Tried single screen thinking it was a VR issue, tried restarting Oculus, tried restarting the PC. Very weird. It happened immediately after I installed @PepperoniAC24 's new Zolder skins and config, but I'm pretty sure this was entirely coincidental.
Any ideas chaps?

This was happening to me with 2 of my graphics presets. I posted about it a few days ago and i don't have that track update installed.

I 'think' it was the sol filters i was using.

I have 3 graphics presets.
video 1 is top specs
video 2 is mid
video 3 is lower

Video 1 used black celica filter that i modded a bit, that was fine

next 2 used sol filters

both got the symptoms you describe exactly.

After head scratching i changed filters to natural mod ones and never seen the problem again...

Its very clear that something is broke within CM at the moment due to the last CM update, as i keep getting crashes...

I am sure all will be well soon, it is incredible even with the odd crash..

Dude, nobody is getting emotional or hurling blame around, we're just trying to establish what's causing the issue. It's affected two of us exactly the same, so it's probably affecting other people too. As far as I can tell it is definitely Zolder that's causing the issue, and might be due to your skins. That's what we're trying to work out. We have to err on the side of caution here. Once the problem is triggered it then affects all other tracks. In my case I have to reinstall display drivers to fix it, and that was after a LOT of investigative trial-and-error.
I were not talking of people in this thread like I said to slidder666, for me it's really important that we find the solution to the problem,

important thing, i really think that SOL and CSP gomuch deeper in the game core than texture, for me it's more a problem on SOL and CSP side, without this mod, it just work really fine, SOL and CSP are really great mod and of an another level, another dimension than skin mod but they are not stable and bring a lot of error and great problem, problem that do not encounter with the base game.
So for me, this problem with Zolder, is a possibility for SOL and CSP to see what they can do, and how they work, there is still a lot to do to debugg them.

On Zolder, before, there was the grass problem too who need fix.

How much problem and bug coming from the use of CSP and SOL we see in this thread?
there is not a day without a problem to solve so Zolder is really a good excercice:

IF Zolder work on CSP and SOL, sure all the other tracks will follow and work too ^^

I were not talking of people in this thread like I said to slidder666, for me it's really important that we find the solution to the problem,

important thing, i really think that SOL and CSP gomuch deeper in the game core than texture, for me it's more a problem on SOL and CSP side, without this mod, it just work really fine, SOL and CSP are really great mod and of an another level, another dimension than skin mod but they are not stable and bring a lot of error and great problem, problem that do not encounter with the base game.
So for me, this problem with Zolder, is a possibility for SOL and CSP to see what they can do, and how they work, there is still a lot to do to debugg them.

On Zolder, before, there was the grass problem too who need fix.

How much problem and bug coming from the se of CSP and SOL we see in this thread?
there is not a day without a problem to solve so Zolder is really a good excercice:

IF Zolder work on CSP and SOL, sure all the other tracks will follow and work too ^^
Very true! I'd not used this particular Zolder for a while so it might be the track itself, not your skins. Or maybe the config. I'm not trying it again though with your skins removed because it's a bit of a faff to get my display back if it happens again.
The weirdest part is that once triggered, the issue goes universal and ALL other tracks seem affected (I tried a dozen at random, anyway).

The fact that people have been PMing you at RD about it makes me think the problem might be more common than we think.
I don't know why people go to PM about these things anyway, it'd be far better to post in the support thread.

@PepperoniAC24

I still thinking CSP and SOL together can be a mess factory.
I readed and saw so many things about huge issues (sometimes it's the new SOL which causing terrible problems with the old CSP and sometimes It's the new CSP which causes problems with SOL... there are a lot of combinations associated with and also... so many times issues with CSP updates non validated as "recommended" with some useful additions).

I repeated it numerous times as a "repentant geek" (in simulations, hardwares and softwares), if You got a stable game (or hardware) and You still satisfy with it, don't forget a little bit better could become a huge worst situation.

My warm Hello to Totoro ! ;)

Last edited:
@PepperoniAC24
I repeated it numerous times as a "repentant geek" (in simulations, hardwares and softwares), if You got a stable game (or hardware) and You still satisfy with it, don't forget a little bit better could become a huge worst situation.

On my side, I really like eye candy, like a lot of person I imagine, but I prfer more stability of my game, on my side, I only csp for some car mod that do not work without it like mac laren 720 GT3

Okay, after searching my track folder for any of these tracks and checking them around, I can say that:
1. I will definitely try to add pit boxes to following tracks:
- Jyllands-Ringen
- Ordos International Circuit
- TT Circuit Assen
- Cadwell Park
- Aosta
- San Francisco
- Shanghai City
- Symmons Plains
2. I might add pit boxes to these tracks, depending on how long the quarantine takes where I live:
- Fiorano (might be difficult due to the unusual pitlane and in general very tight space)
- Solitude
- Imola
3. I don't have any of the following tracks:
- Losail International Circuit
- Phakisa Freeway
- Euro Ring Hungary
- Kastleburg
- Lemalands
- Mount Drama
- Toban Raceway
- Wakefield Park

That would be all, sorry for the long post.

Dubai Autodrome, pretty please :):)

I do some investigation on my side, the problem come from this particuliar track itself without the skin (seems logical and normal after all), why?
I do not know...

So I put a Warning in the first line of the overview page on RD, i will not delete the files because lot of people do not use CSP or SOL and enjoy the skin or could enjoy it, got a lot of DTM fan who ask me to do it.
On the other side, lot of CSP and SOL users don't got the problem, only 2 known cases for the moment + me when trying to experiment it on my side.

So I put a warning saying CSP and SOL users to try the track itself before using the skin, if it work, the skin will work, for the moment, that what come out

I do some investigation on my side, the problem come from this particuliar track itself without the skin (seems logical and normal after all), why?
I do not know...

So I put a Warning in the first line of the overview page on RD, i will not delete the files because lot of people do not use CSP or SOL and enjoy the skin or could enjoy it, got a lot of DTM fan who ask me to do it.
On the other side, lot of CSP and SOL users don't got the problem, only 2 known cases for the moment + me when trying to experiment it on my side.

So I put a warning saying CSP and SOL users to try the track itself before using the skin, if it work, the skin will work, for the moment, that what come out
Ah, fantastic - glad it's not your skins or config causing the issue. It didn't make sense but seemed to be the case as I've driven that track a lot in the past without issue.
:cheers:

I have no problems with Zolder skins. Use latest CM, latest SOL and latest CSP. If those of you with problems want me to check any settings for comparison, let me know. Would be happy to help.

As for the skins themselves, they are great, and they update one of the best tracks in the world and make it a useful representation of the real deal. If we compare it to acc version (which we should take as high level of standard and realism, as they really put enormous amount of effort in realistic recreation and not only use laser scans but as Aris from Kunos said, they personally visited every track to test the scans), this drives and feels almost the exactly the same. Hell even some kunos tracks are not so similar from AC to ACC. Now considering Pascal made a scratch made model and acc made a separate scratch made model, the statistical posibility of them both be wrong in the same way, is zero IMO.

Mirrors were still reversed (but that's an easy fix).
Other users are reporting that the mirrors are fine, and I just checked and had deleted my mirror config and mine are fine too, so not sure what's going on there.
Someone said the mirrors were flipped, so they moved them in BLM Car, restarted CM and the mirrors were fixed.
@Blamer does BLM Car now automatically unflip mirrors when you adjust them?
:confused:

In times like these, when nothing is warranted at all, are you seriously demandig assurance on the performance/fitness for purpose of a free mod of a sim racing software?!

When the modder even advised that "a little restrictor on certain tracks wouldn't hurt when setting up races"?!

I'm simply suggesting that if anybody wants to race in the GT4 class, it might be nice if we had a level playing field. Guerilla & The Rollovers have done a stupendous job in balancing the performance of all the GT4s they've released. If somebody else comes along and wants to play, he might be tempted to make his car a just a little faster (the GT4 Ferrari, for example, is waaaay faster), so if he's allowed, it becomes a free-for-all, a hats-over-the-silo horsepower race. Offline, it doesn't matter, but online, if a free-booter adds a weight penalty to his acd file in the name of fairness, he's going to get kicked out. What this town needs is a real sheriff. Harumph!

The problem with replicating stuff is the sheer amount of options in CSP and CM. So many tick boxes on various screens that it could be just one that is clicked on or off causing issue.
But worse is that it could be one clicked on, with another clicked off etc etc etc etc....

Add to that some tracks may need a box ticked and others it breaks, its mind bending how they deal with it all.

I'd say it is amazing how it for the most part all comes together so beautifully.

At least they fix stuff, PCars 1 still has issues many of which were in shift 1/2...and now are in PCars2...

It’s about the same speed as the Kunos GT4 cars on my setup and the Guerilla cars can join in on those races with no problem. In the testing I did for the McLaren, it was a little faster than the AMG GT4.

I honestly don’t get why people keep going on about there being two different BoPs when I haven’t changed anything on either camp’s cars and they’re all running somewhat competitively. (Within 2 seconds)

For me the Kunos Cayman is the outright fastest GT4 car, with most of the Guerilla cars filling in the space between it and the Maserati.

And the Guerilla Cayman is one of the slowest. Whatcha gonna do, Bad Boy?

Other users are reporting that the mirrors are fine, and I just checked and had deleted my mirror config and mine are fine too, so not sure what's going on there.
Someone said the mirrors were flipped, so they moved them in BLM Car, restarted CM and the mirrors were fixed.
@Blamer does BLM Car now automatically unflip mirrors when you adjust them?
:confused:

Nope, it depends on what CSP version you are on because on 0.1.49 Ilja introduced the mirrors mapping normalization that could solve some problems like not horizontal alignment or distortions and probably flipped mirrors too sometimes.

Adjusting mirrors with my app makes CSP launch the normalization.
Adjustments made with the buttons from my app are applied on the fly, other CSP normalizations are applied on next AC start

BLM Car

EDIT: I have added the buttons to flip mirrors but I haven't published it yet because right now there's no way to live update the mirrors (nor there are extra csp functions to do it)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back