Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,882 comments
And amen to that.
Perspective: people need to get some.
Every time one of us shares any content it's like putting a target on your back, especially when there are some really nasty and vindictive people out there on more unregulated forums like Discord.
Best thing to do if you get an abusive PM from somebody on a forum: copy it and post it in an open thread with the sender's identity. Bet you don't get another one any time soon..! :lol:
Yeah some people are complete nutjobs, I had a guy threaten to hunt me down and beat me for releasing the toyota ts020 with admittedly very bad physics and then that person managed to get some of my personal details and sent a crazy amount of spam to my house. That straight up turned me off modding for a year until I formed Chivas with Charles.

Weirdly I'm used to it because I used to mod GTA4/5 a lot and that community has some proper wackos who'd want your head on a pike simply for not making a livery/mod for them.

Are you guys getting server errors on GTplanet or is it just me? Doesn't happen all the time but enough that i'm worried about wearing my F5 key out.
I can only presume it's just because this is THE most popular place on the web right now :gtpflag:

I also want to say Discord is a much better place since I blocked a certain couple of users and don't have to read annoying and boring comments about us lot in here anymore ;)
Not sure if it is just you but for what it is worth I have zero issue with GT planet.

Are you guys getting server errors on GTplanet or is it just me? Doesn't happen all the time but enough that i'm worried about wearing my F5 key out.
I can only presume it's just because this is THE most popular place on the web right now :gtpflag:

I also want to say Discord is a much better place since I blocked a certain couple of users and don't have to read annoying and boring comments about us lot in here anymore ;)
2x in last 5 minutes

One thing to consider is that something in your mod may be triggering a bug in CM, like a memory leak, and as this program has some write permissions in AC folders, and maybe in other places in some installations, so CM may be overwriting files that are fixed by the graphics driver reinstall.
So, this may not be your mod's fault, but a side effect of an unusual bug in CM that nonetheless may need fixing.
And the only way to find out is investigating, and people are only being cautious in order to prevent other people from going through the same troubles while the issue is not found and corrected.
without the skin mod and only with the track, problem happen, so it seems that is the track itself and not the textures that create this pb with csp/sol, it s less strange

Amen mate. You should see what I had to read in reviews or pms.

I had written a long post here about modders and users but I just deleted it. boring stuff...

What I tell myself is that I am writing apps for my own pleasure, when I'm in the right mood I share them.
it's a present to the community; as I said when I started, just a way to give something back. Do you like it? Great! You don't? delete it, it's as easy as that.

And, mostly and after all, this is just a game. A game we do care a lot about, but still a game.
I know people whose parent died a few days ago because of covid-19, life pulls your arm to reminds you what really matters.

Stay safe and take care!
that's really wise, i completly agree

Yeah some people are complete nutjobs, I had a guy threaten to hunt me down and beat me for releasing the toyota ts020 with admittedly very bad physics and then that person managed to get some of my personal details and sent a crazy amount of spam to my house. That straight up turned me off modding for a year until I formed Chivas with Charles.

Weirdly I'm used to it because I used to mod GTA4/5 a lot and that community has some proper wackos who'd want your head on a pike simply for not making a livery/mod for them.

We are getting the nut jobs now in the UK after only 2 weeks lockdown, spitting at bank staff, abusive to people working in supermarkets, refuse collectors, the police etc etc.. smashing up 5G phone masts because 'hauawi'
It was all good spirits for a bit but it's turning and the scum that sadly lives among us is starting to get vocal...

I'd be quite happy for the police to shoot these scum on site...

And don't even start me on the mental conspiracy theories going about on FB...

Vermin...

I'm simply suggesting that if anybody wants to race in the GT4 class, it might be nice if we had a level playing field. Guerilla & The Rollovers have done a stupendous job in balancing the performance of all the GT4s they've released. If somebody else comes along and wants to play, he might be tempted to make his car a just a little faster (the GT4 Ferrari, for example, is waaaay faster), so if he's allowed, it becomes a free-for-all, a hats-over-the-silo horsepower race. Offline, it doesn't matter, but online, if a free-booter adds a weight penalty to his acd file in the name of fairness, he's going to get kicked out. What this town needs is a real sheriff. Harumph!
This is a hard and subjective factor. How I try to BoP the cars I do is by two parameters. The power to weight ratio being the first and foremost. I use the HP/tonne format. By calculating the P/W ratio, GT4 cars come out ~310. This means about 295 - 320 is what I aim for depending on the second factor, lap times. Because suspension and setup are also a factor, a car with a P/W ratio of 290 can hang just fine with a car at a 310 P/W ratio. I think one of the issues is that these setups are under the makers point of interpretation. Some of these setups are indicative of GT3 car setups and therefore suspension is stiff and tight, there maybe too much aero. My interpretation from watching many a GT4 race and reading about their setups is that they are very close to their real life counterparts. Yes while modified with racing suspension and tuned engines and such, you can see how bouncy they are, how much they lean in corners and rely on mechanical grip. I find GT4 cars enjoyable when I can feel that weight shift and the car is carrying a corner on the edge of it's grip, any harder and around you go. Most of the time, I end up tweaking cars in order to get a certain feeling if I find it doesn't capture it anyways.

For what it's worth (admittedly not a lot), I'd prefer if people releasing GT4 cars would continue to BOP their cars to Kunos standards. Not everyone is willing to infect their AC directory with encrypted content. Thanks again to everyone that's released GT4 cars, it's already possible to put together a really varied GT4 grid and every car I add from here onward is just a bonus.
Thanks.
At least on this Gue/Roll pack, you can have previews, plus, encrypted or not, the data folder is still available to modify/BoP to anything you'd like.

I have a question for you, I love your sets of tires in your Tyre Machine folders, did you make these tire sets and the algorithms, code, for them?
More particularly, I'd like to know how I can adjust existing sets of tires for cars that your data sets don't except.
Example of what I'm doing:
Trying to use a modern tire on the DRM Revival pack, whether it be a Modern GT tire or a 00's Race Car tire. Problem is that these options don't bold out in generate new tire. I'm guessing due to size. Now I see in the Input folder of these tire options there's a Normalizations.json. Is this where the tire size is coming from? I assume it is possible to create yet another folder that extends that range or will at least allow me to complete this certain task which is trying different tires on these Group 5 cars. I can PM you if need be

@Fanapryde
By the way, adjusted the Thermals on the Slicks for the Zakspeed Roush Mustang and one of the DRM Revival BMW's (can't remember just which one), it's a whole different ballgame when the tires are in the green for the whole race. Just what they need. The ass end doesn't slide out at the top of 2nd gear, you can throw them around a ton more and it feels more like a race car and not an ice skating endeavor with Brian Boitano.

Last edited:
This is a hard and subjective factor. How I try to BoP the cars I do is by two parameters. The power to weight ratio being the first and foremost. I use the HP/tonne format. By calculating the P/W ratio, GT4 cars come out ~310. This means about 295 - 320 is what I aim for depending on the second factor, lap times. Because suspension and setup are also a factor, a car with a P/W ratio of 290 can hang just fine with a car at a 310 P/W ratio. I think one of the issues is that these setups are under the makers point of interpretation. Some of these setups are indicative of GT3 car setups and therefore suspension is stiff and tight, there maybe too much aero. My interpretation from watching many a GT4 race and reading about their setups is that they are very close to their real life counterparts. Yes while modified with racing suspension and tuned engines and such, you can see how bouncy they are, how much they lean in corners and rely on mechanical grip. I find GT4 cars enjoyable when I can feel that weight shift and the car is carrying a corner on the edge of it's grip, any harder and around you go. Most of the time, I end up tweaking cars in order to get a certain feeling if I find it doesn't capture it anyways.

I do it the old-fashioned, seat-of-the pants way: lap times.

McLaren 720s GT4 Version 0.9 by MisterWaffles and the GT4 Team

View attachment 905528

Addditional Credits:
- Power Curve and Suspension tweaks: @Beezer215
- Additional Testing: @Fanapryde
- Tire AI: @GIBBONS
- Original Mod: 1st Racing Studios (ripped from Forza)

After a longer wait than usual, the McLaren 720s GT4 mod is ready to roll (probably). The car is quite spicy when it comes to lap times despite being so heavy (1460kg), so a little restrictor on certain tracks wouldn't hurt when setting up races. Running the AI unrestricted shouldn't be a problem though. The AI is a little slower than the Kunos Cayman GT4.

Change Log over 1st Racing Studios "720s GT3":

- Increased weight
- Reduced power
- McLaren pit crews
- 3 new simple racing skins
- Aero changes
- Suspension tweaks
- GT4 hard compound tires from GIBBONS AI
- AI alterations

Known Issues: (all related to model)

- Void in the footwell
- Weird brake light setup
- A luminrank would be nice at some point

Of course, contact us and we'll take it down and all that yadda yadda.

Otherwise, enjoy please!​

Unfortunately, it's not a 'legal' GT4 car if it's got all those nice setup options like a generous selection of gear ratios. I'd quote you the rules book...only I can't figure it out. I only know by example (like Guerilla's GT4 cars)

Can you please upload your skin on racedepartment, or somewhere like mediafire - mega.nz? Link is down, wetranswer is a short term link site.
here is a zip file
Lotus Elise GT1 Thai First Racing Project
preview.jpg

Attachments

• thai.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Unfortunately, it's not a 'legal' GT4 car if it's got all those nice setup options like a generous selection of gear ratios. I'd quote you the rules book...only I can't figure it out. I only know by example (like Guerilla's GT4 cars)

Crikey, i don't think they were hoping to run it in the actual championship....
Just remind me..
Its a game right? First and foremost?
And this is a free mod? Take it or leave it, or fiddle with it.

CSP update is live:
v0.1.51 • New FFB tweaks extension, with more accurate gyro implementation by @stereo; • New app replacing original Photo Mode app: • Trees receiving shadows are optional now, disabled by default; • Also, trees receiving shadows should be smoother now, a couple of bugs were fixed as well; • Trees A2C dithering, to reduce banding with MSAA; • Volume adjustments for cars audio fixed; • Dynamic flags are also optional now; • Broken UV mapping for flags is fixed; • IMGUI apps won’t break mouse interacting with the rest of AC anymore; • Simpler dynamic lights in reflection cubemap to speed things up (skipping car lights or very small lights); • Option to turn down G-forces in AC telemetry if car is slower than 6 km/h (for D-BOX); • Weather FX: option to force headlights for bots, plus a couple of fixes for default weather script; • Refracting glass: refraction masking based on alpha-channel in txDiffuse, for headlights with partially flat glass; • Option to cache generated grids and payloads for AI splines, to speed up loading by a couple of seconds; • New Python functions to get length of AI splines, get spline position from world coordinates and vice versa; • Orbit camera no longer reacts to mouse if AC is in background; • Trees shadows react to wind as well; • Few smaller bug fixes.

Oschersleben by TMM team is quality track. I don't see a need to improve it with a skin, unless you have a personal desire to have different billboards, etc.

https://tm-modding.eu/download-category/assetto-corsa-track-mods/

Whereas Barbagallo definitely needed a facelift.

Got a good news for you, Barbagallo is already done and on RD since 2 weeks ;)

I'm working on Oschersleben by TMM, on my side, I thought that's the best version but I prefer to check, I'm making a DTM skin cause it's an historical DTM track :)

Dallara Stradale has been updated in graphics and handling (it's slower now, a bit more oversteering and with less brake force). It feels more like a road car now, it was too grippy before.
There's also an official server running with the updated car

https://esports.dallara.it/

I'm really enjoying this car a lot. The update has also fixed some the most obvious flaws with the first version. :)

CSP update is live:
v0.1.51 • New FFB tweaks extension, with more accurate gyro implementation by @stereo; • New app replacing original Photo Mode app: • Trees receiving shadows are optional now, disabled by default; • Also, trees receiving shadows should be smoother now, a couple of bugs were fixed as well; • Trees A2C dithering, to reduce banding with MSAA; • Volume adjustments for cars audio fixed; • Dynamic flags are also optional now; • Broken UV mapping for flags is fixed; • IMGUI apps won’t break mouse interacting with the rest of AC anymore; • Simpler dynamic lights in reflection cubemap to speed things up (skipping car lights or very small lights); • Option to turn down G-forces in AC telemetry if car is slower than 6 km/h (for D-BOX); • Weather FX: option to force headlights for bots, plus a couple of fixes for default weather script; • Refracting glass: refraction masking based on alpha-channel in txDiffuse, for headlights with partially flat glass; • Option to cache generated grids and payloads for AI splines, to speed up loading by a couple of seconds; • New Python functions to get length of AI splines, get spline position from world coordinates and vice versa; • Orbit camera no longer reacts to mouse if AC is in background; • Trees shadows react to wind as well; • Few smaller bug fixes.

Old bugs gone? New bugs?

I know is there somewhere, but can someone please, explain me, how to install a car that overwrites the folder of one already in game?
What do I have to change and what car can I change, in order to be able to have both.?

Thanks,
Paulo

I know is there somewhere, but can someone please, explain me, how to install a car that overwrites the folder of one already in game?
What do I have to change and what car can I change, in order to be able to have both.?

Thanks,
Paulo

Have a look at this post here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-865#post-13033780

But basically you ned to do the following

1. copy the full car folder
  2. maybe paste it onto the desktop (so you can keep the old one)
  3. rename the folder
  4. copy the folder name!!!
  5. rename all KN5s with the old name with the new one.
  6. go into the data folder, LODS.ini and rename the car there
  7. go into the main SFX folder, rename the bank file and rename everything that you see with the old name in the GUID file

Got a good news for you, Barbagallo is already done and on RD since 2 weeks ;)

I'm working on Oschersleben by TMM, on my side, I thought that's the best version but I prefer to check, I'm making a DTM skin cause it's an historical DTM track :)

Yes, I already downloaded your Barbagallo update. Job well done!

My intention was that your time could be better spent on tracks that need a facelift. However, I’m sure a DTM skin will still be well received!

Have a look at this post here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-865#post-13033780

But basically you ned to do the following

1. copy the full car folder
  2. maybe paste it onto the desktop (so you can keep the old one)
  3. rename the folder
  4. copy the folder name!!!
  5. rename all KN5s with the old name with the new one.
  6. go into the data folder, LODS.ini and rename the car there
  7. go into the main SFX folder, rename the bank file and rename everything that you see with the old name in the GUID file

Hi,

I did all the steps, then deleted the car in CM, copy & past the new one from the desktop (with all the new name modifications) to the CM cars folder,
but the got this.

x74o.png

What might went wrong? :ouch:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back