Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,875 comments
Gonna work on a new skin for Oschersleben
Wich version do you think worth to work on it?

I will come back later to Zolder with winter skin, GT3 Blancpain's skin, when all the issues will be fix.

I'm thinking to work on english track with GT4 skin track too and a winter lemans skin (absolutly fictional till today as it's always in june and other day, there is only the bugatti track open, the one for the 24 h are actual real road, but perhaps this year we gonna see an automn or winter 24 hours for the first time)

Sorry for the inconvenience, i get the following error when trying to drive the ACC 488 GT3. Anybody know what could be causing?

Error might have something to do with:

AC\caravatar.cpp (1309): CarAvatar::initPhysics
AC\caravatar.cpp (896): CarAvatar::CarAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1446): Sim::addCar
AC\racemanager.cpp (462): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::PostRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::embarrassed:nIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

EDIT: Im super smart. Dont think i have the Red Pack installed lol

EDIT EDIT: The car is freaking awesome! thanks!! But someone is going to have to make a youtube tutorial on the numberplate and the LED's around the car for noobs like me... haha!!!

Last edited:
Someone Know how to solve that
Sol 1.5.1 RC4
CSP 0.1.50
upload_2020-4-5_18-57-25.png

upload_2020-4-5_18-58-23.png

For what it's worth (admittedly not a lot), I'd prefer if people releasing GT4 cars would continue to BOP their cars to Kunos standards. Not everyone is willing to infect their AC directory with encrypted content. Thanks again to everyone that's released GT4 cars, it's already possible to put together a really varied GT4 grid and every car I add from here onward is just a bonus.

This was happening to me with 2 of my graphics presets. I posted about it a few days ago and i don't have that track update installed.

I 'think' it was the sol filters i was using.

I have 3 graphics presets.
video 1 is top specs
video 2 is mid
video 3 is lower

Video 1 used black celica filter that i modded a bit, that was fine

next 2 used sol filters

both got the symptoms you describe exactly.

After head scratching i changed filters to natural mod ones and never seen the problem again...

Its very clear that something is broke within CM at the moment due to the last CM update, as i keep getting crashes...

I am sure all will be well soon, it is incredible even with the odd crash..
Thanks - it *seems* to be something in that Zolder track that triggers something in Sol and basically stops anything getting displayed from then on, but only affects people with a certain set of graphics settings. Very odd!
I've reported it to Peter in the Sol discord.

Last edited:
One thing to consider is that something in your mod may be triggering a bug in CM, like a memory leak, and as this program has some write permissions in AC folders, and maybe in other places in some installations, so CM may be overwriting files that are fixed by the graphics driver reinstall.
So, this may not be your mod's fault, but a side effect of an unusual bug in CM that nonetheless may need fixing.
And the only way to find out is investigating, and people are only being cautious in order to prevent other people from going through the same troubles while the issue is not found and corrected.

I really need the light of someone, how an image, texture is just and only that, could cause such an error and how could it infect all others tracks?
Seriously?
I do not edit kn5, i do not edit ini file, it's the ini file that you could find in this thread.
I do not use editor to work on the track directly like 3d mark or thing like that, i only use some kind of photoshop and change color on texture, change sponsor (picture) in others ones etc.
How could it cause such a thing?
If I listen to myself in the moment (but I ll not do, I ll breathe before :) ), I stop doing mod, it take me really a lot of time and when i see how i can be lynch, emotional people reaction and blame, it's really disappointing

I'm simply suggesting that if anybody wants to race in the GT4 class, it might be nice if we had a level playing field. Guerilla & The Rollovers have done a stupendous job in balancing the performance of all the GT4s they've released. If somebody else comes along and wants to play, he might be tempted to make his car a just a little faster (the GT4 Ferrari, for example, is waaaay faster), so if he's allowed, it becomes a free-for-all, a hats-over-the-silo horsepower race. Offline, it doesn't matter, but online, if a free-booter adds a weight penalty to his acd file in the name of fairness, he's going to get kicked out. What this town needs is a real sheriff. Harumph!

F1 could of done with you 4 years ago......

Unfortunately, there are irrational people everywhere, and people like you who publish any kind of creative work, even for free, are still subject to such incomprehensible and inexcusable behavior.
In your shoes, I would loose my temper easily, but can only hope that you hold up and keep doing what pleases you, regardless of such questionable feedback from ill-prepared people.

... and at the end, you can be insult too, it happens to me, ...

Does anyone know if there is a F1 2014 mod besides the Formula corsa? Would love to drive the Caterham with the better looking nose...
00pwd8U.png

(Caterham CT05 mod for Grand Prix 4 I think)

I have this F1 2014 mod, with this Caterham model.
Just dont know where I got it. If you want, PM me.

piph.jpg

I may be nit-picking here, but "suggesting" to me is really not close to "demanding assurance".
And "the real sheriff in town" is the server admin.

I'm simply suggesting that if anybody wants to race in the GT4 class, it might be nice if we had a level playing field. Guerilla & The Rollovers have done a stupendous job in balancing the performance of all the GT4s they've released. If somebody else comes along and wants to play, he might be tempted to make his car a just a little faster (the GT4 Ferrari, for example, is waaaay faster), so if he's allowed, it becomes a free-for-all, a hats-over-the-silo horsepower race. Offline, it doesn't matter, but online, if a free-booter adds a weight penalty to his acd file in the name of fairness, he's going to get kicked out. What this town needs is a real sheriff. Harumph!

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (1985)
Version 3.0 - 2020.03.16

89966443_519857835387096_6360248628618985472_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new 3D model
- adjusted suspensions setup
- tweaked brake bias
- reworked shaders
- adjusted lights
- adjusted graphics offset and pitch rotation
- corrected flames and colliders
- fixed turbo gauge
- fixed mirrors (this time for real)
- regenerated LODs .kn5 files
- removed VAO patches
- 3D license plate and light (CSP only)
- updated previews

DOWNLOAD HERE
Finally got around to driving this. Such a fun car on street tires on LA Canyons. Thanks for all the work you do.

I were not talking about people in this thread but people in private mail on RD etc
And not only for this mod but for other one too, you got 2000 person using one mod without problem, 20 giving 5 stars and 1 who don't know how to install a skin when you explain it in the overview page and the read_me file, and this one give you 1 star because of his own ineptitude and send you 5 or 6 mails, to whom you reply, take your time, and during that time do nothing else, and at the end, you can be insult too, it happens to me, I think this time I loose my virginity in modding :)
Amen mate. You should see what I had to read in reviews or pms.

I had written a long post here about modders and users but I just deleted it. boring stuff...

What I tell myself is that I am writing apps for my own pleasure, when I'm in the right mood I share them.
it's a present to the community; as I said when I started, just a way to give something back. Do you like it? Great! You don't? delete it, it's as easy as that.

And, mostly and after all, this is just a game. A game we do care a lot about, but still a game.
I know people whose parent died a few days ago because of covid-19, life pulls your arm to remind you what really matters.

Stay safe and take care!

Last edited:
I was hoping someone could help me. I have a couple mods where the flashing lights dont work properly. If the headlights are on and I press the flash lights button they will flash; but if I have the headlights on and press flash headlights the headlights just turn off without flashing.

Does anyone know how I can fix this myself ?

I had written a long post here about modders and users but I just deleted it. boring stuff...

What I tell myself is that I am writing apps for my own pleasure, when I'm in the right mood I share them.
it's a present to the community; as I said when I started, just a way to give something back. Do you like it? Great! You don't? delete it, it's as easy as that.

And, mostly and after all, this is just a game. A game we do care a lot about, but still a game.
I know people whose parent died a few days ago because of covid-19, life pulls your arm to reminds you what really matters.

Stay safe and take care!
And amen to that.
Perspective: people need to get some.
Every time one of us shares any content it's like putting a target on your back, especially when there are some really nasty and vindictive people out there on more unregulated forums like Discord.
Best thing to do if you get an abusive PM from somebody on a forum: copy it and post it in an open thread with the sender's identity. Bet you don't get another one any time soon..! :lol:

I know people whose parent died a few days ago because of covid-19, life pulls your arm to reminds you what really matters.

Stay safe and take care!

Keep your fantastic work please. 👍

And when some people complains for stupid things like a little fly poo on the windscreen, or a scratch with 5cm on the hood, or the track is 3cm higher in that corner, or has a few bumps that they think, that they aren't there IRL, or the car is 1 second slower than the others, or the car needs to be brake 5 meters before the others, or the wheel is not perfectly round.... And so on... Its not only irritating and annoying as it is ridiculous.

People are always not pleased and satisfied.

I am inside my home for 2 years now, without permision from my Dr. to exit, except for exams and treatment in hospital.
I See too much complain in the world, for everything and nothing. Just complains...

My English is far from good, so I am sorry for some mistakes.

paulo

Are you guys getting server errors on GTplanet or is it just me? Doesn't happen all the time but enough that i'm worried about wearing my F5 key out.
I can only presume it's just because this is THE most popular place on the web right now :gtpflag:

I also want to say Discord is a much better place since I blocked a certain couple of users and don't have to read annoying and boring comments about us lot in here anymore ;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back