Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
Regarding the newest "Photo Mode" introduced by CSP, I'm a bit confused about a couple things:
- On the old app, there was a button to "enter" the "Free camera" mode. How do I enter it now? All I was able to do were pics with orbit cam ...
- I'm currently using a small keyboard, so there's no numpad. Is there a way to change the controls that were in "-" and "+" to some other keys?
You could maybe use a virtual keyboard:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10762/windows-use-on-screen-keyboard

no problem :cheers: speaking of that -

erl_goiania - AI, track limits, outlines & map by LiquidSkyMan.rar 1.3 MB
https://mega.nz/file/D9JUTQBI#jT5A4nueDhlkl1ncoBw1uVk-tZdqMVoNMkcMzLgm6Y8

erl_curitiba - AI, track limits, outlines & map by LiquidSkyMan.rar 1.2 MB
https://mega.nz/file/S8AW2AbL#89uLd7uPZFZP7M5Mi_55nqbTpc7gO5_TvpV8Q8o2fZU

just a slight problem that maybe someone knows how to take care of? -

on erl_goiania the AI cars stutter when they start a race, that is they start, pause for a sec and then get going. :banghead:
Once they get moving there's no problem.
this doesn't happen on erl_curitiba :bowdown:

So if anybody knows what the problem would be or can post a fix maybe? :gtpflag:
This stuttering at the start in Goiania happens because the cars are placed way to close to each other at the start. I could fix that by moving the start positions apart, should I do it?

By the way, fantastic job, as always, with the AI lines and track limits, really good racing on both tracks! :)

There's an excellent overhaul of Sidekick by Technoluddite available with a lot more info/data. It's not on RD but has been sanctioned by the original developer.

• Information about the current track conditions, including ambient temperature, track temperature, and wind speed and direction.
  • A tripmeter and odometer, showing how far the current car has been driven this session and all time. Sidekick has always tracked this information, but it was hidden away in the car status screen.
  • The current date and time within the simulation, as well as an estimate of the current time acceleration multiplier. This is only an approximation, but it should be roughly accurate. These are only functional if you are also using SOL.
  • A much bigger, more obvious, RPM\Shift light with a glow effect. Which is much easier to see in your peripheral vision than the original narrow bars.

https://www.nutrimatic.cc/assetto-corsa/sidekick-extended/

sidekicke-2ndline.jpg

There's an excellent overhaul of Sidekick by Technoluddite available with a lot more info/data. It's not on RD but has been sanctioned by the original developer.

• Information about the current track conditions, including ambient temperature, track temperature, and wind speed and direction.
  • A tripmeter and odometer, showing how far the current car has been driven this session and all time. Sidekick has always tracked this information, but it was hidden away in the car status screen.
  • The current date and time within the simulation, as well as an estimate of the current time acceleration multiplier. This is only an approximation, but it should be roughly accurate. These are only functional if you are also using SOL.
  • A much bigger, more obvious, RPM\Shift light with a glow effect. Which is much easier to see in your peripheral vision than the original narrow bars.

https://www.nutrimatic.cc/assetto-corsa/sidekick-extended/

sidekicke-2ndline.jpg

Nice, I had also customized it following my own tastes.

BTW, as I just wrote there:
Hi, I think you should only put the config_default.ini in the zip, not the config.ini (that’s being created by the app or by CM), otherwise it’s going to overwrite the existing one that contains user's current settings.

Here's something I was messing around with in case anybody wants it.

If you go in your computer to User -> AppData -> Local -> AcTools Content Manager -> Data (User) -> Miscellaneous -> NationalitiesAndNames

This is the file that determines the names and nationalities of the random drivers that are assigned to cars which don't have a specific driver/nationality for the skin being used. You can edit this for your own enjoyment, can be friends and family, celebrities or your favourite racing drivers.

I've basically edited it to be a list of all of the racing drivers that I recognised from Wikipedia's lists of famous racing drivers by nationality. My file is attached, if you want to use it then just unpack it to the above mentioned location and overwrite the existing file, then edit as you wish. My edit is quite biased toward the UK so there's probably a few nationally famous drivers there that you'll want to remove and replace with some of your own country's national heroes. There doesn't seem to be a limit to how many drivers or countries you can add, just keep things to the same format and it should be fine.

Attachments

• NationalitiesAndNames.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 43
no problem :cheers: speaking of that -

erl_goiania - AI, track limits, outlines & map by LiquidSkyMan.rar 1.3 MB
https://mega.nz/file/D9JUTQBI#jT5A4nueDhlkl1ncoBw1uVk-tZdqMVoNMkcMzLgm6Y8

erl_curitiba - AI, track limits, outlines & map by LiquidSkyMan.rar 1.2 MB
https://mega.nz/file/S8AW2AbL#89uLd7uPZFZP7M5Mi_55nqbTpc7gO5_TvpV8Q8o2fZU

just a slight problem that maybe someone knows how to take care of? -

on erl_goiania the AI cars stutter when they start a race, that is they start, pause for a sec and then get going. :banghead:
Once they get moving there's no problem.
this doesn't happen on erl_curitiba :bowdown:

So if anybody knows what the problem would be or can post a fix maybe? :gtpflag:

You can try adding starting_bounds.ini in the data folder.
In some tracks it does help
[BOUND_0]
MIN=0
MAX=0.1

[BOUND_1]
MIN=0.9
MAX=1

Kunos used it some of their tracks too

rename to starting_bounds.ini

Attachments

• starting_bounds.ini.txt
    56 bytes · Views: 27
You can try adding starting_bounds.ini in the data folder.
In some tracks it does help

Kunos used it some of their tracks too

rename to starting_bounds.ini
Does that mean that there is no need to manually move the start positions apart in 3DSimEd?

This stuttering at the start in Goiania happens because the cars are placed way to close to each other at the start. I could fix that by moving the start positions apart, should I do it?

By the way, fantastic job, as always, with the AI lines and track limits, really good racing on both tracks! :)

You should (fix it I mean) and thank you!

Hi!
Question about Suzuka. What version of the track is the most relevant today?
I use "Suzuka 0.9 (Reboot Project) (Terra21 & Jim Lloyd)"-version, but it has absolutely no night lighting and, as I think, VAO is also missing.
I tried the version of the track 2018 for F1 - the track itself is not bad, there is even lighting, but the abundance of Rolex banners and F1 atmosphere repels a little.

Hi!
Question about Suzuka. What version of the track is the most relevant today?
I use "Suzuka 0.9 (Reboot Project) (Terra21 & Jim Lloyd)"-version, but it has absolutely no night lighting and, as I think, VAO is also missing.
I tried the version of the track 2018 for F1 - the track itself is not bad, there is even lighting, but the abundance of Rolex banners and F1 atmosphere repels a little.
http://f1classic.forumotion.com/t19...18-v-1-2-by-patrikpat?highlight=suzuka#377041

https://mega.nz/#!tcZ33YYA!L0ilIoj7MwBDaB85HE9OJHL3Ixjd19FIdekx5Rl2TKk

Here's something I was messing around with in case anybody wants it.

If you go in your computer to User -> AppData -> Local -> AcTools Content Manager -> Data (User) -> Miscellaneous -> NationalitiesAndNames

This is the file that determines the names and nationalities of the random drivers that are assigned to cars which don't have a specific driver/nationality for the skin being used. You can edit this for your own enjoyment, can be friends and family, celebrities or your favourite racing drivers.

I've basically edited it to be a list of all of the racing drivers that I recognised from Wikipedia's lists of famous racing drivers by nationality. My file is attached, if you want to use it then just unpack it to the above mentioned location and overwrite the existing file, then edit as you wish. My edit is quite biased toward the UK so there's probably a few nationally famous drivers there that you'll want to remove and replace with some of your own country's national heroes. There doesn't seem to be a limit to how many drivers or countries you can add, just keep things to the same format and it should be fine.

So THAT'S where they are.... I've always wanted to substitute my own friends and heros.

For anyone interested, I have optimised the ACReboot version of Zolder. I know many of you have stated that Pascal's is more accurate to drive, but I have really liked this version since I first drove it and the recent discussion got me doing a fair few more laps on it! The wind turbine constantly popping into the display when coming back around towards the main straight has really bugged me though, so I fixed it. As the track seems pretty much abandoned, I kept fixing a few things, working turbines would be nice though! So if anyone would like to check it out, here it is and if you spot any problems let me know:

Zolder
by AC Track Reboot Project

Optimised and slightly refreshed by nrms

v1.3

-optimised trees and some track objects
-increased LOD's for "popping" objects such as wind turbine
-added LOD's to some objects that had none
-enabled some shadows on certain objects for a better look

-merged additional lights kn5 created by leBluem and amended his ini file to work with this version, located in the extension folder
-created VAO patch
-improved grass by @slider666

The DIP calls are significantly reduced in this version so higher grids should be possible where people were struggling to run them with the original. The track is in a different folder so you can still use both if you wish.

https://mega.nz/file/lApmzIJR#2MERYBy5JPncN-O-Afl3aptPTemyNhjECExDpRgbZN4

Better later than never (I mean, the time that I took that say thanks :D):

This version is brilliant! No stutterings and very beautiful (even more beautiful if the Masscot skin and balloon mod is installed).

So, thank you! And thank you @Masscot for the skin and balloon, top notch as always!

@LiquidSkyMan you the man!! Thank you for your hard work. :cheers:

Keeping up with the South American theme. I don't know if this is common knowledge, i apologize for spamming then (i did search through the thread and did not find this info), but it looks like ACFL released the STCAR 2017 mod (argentinian Super TC 2000 series) for free a few months ago. Haven't driven these yet as i'm at work and don't have my wheel here, but it looks like a quality mod from graphical side at least. Cars look funy to me, but there's seven of them (Chevrolet Cruze, Citroen C4, Fiat Linea, Ford Focus, Peugeot 408, Renault Fluence, Toyota Corolla + Honda Civic in additional download) with all the liveries, that look very high level of detail aswell. Wonder how they drive, will try them in the afternoon. Always great to have new complete series for a race or championship:

https://www.acfligue.fr/acfl-stcar2000/

Some new 2020 liveries released today and a honda civic to complete the roster (seeing the same author did the complete liveries for the 2017 season, we might be geting entire 2020 season as well):

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acfl-stcar2017-2020skis-juncos-fiat-and-honda.32010/

links to default 2017 liveries from same author (maybe some/all are already included in base package):

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skins-acfl-stcar2017.23825/

I have joined some of them some time ago, later, may will change the main championship name, or may BoP'd them (even if I rarely do, just like to have some variations for different variation tracks).
ywqa.png

Next step is join the Argentinian TC too and start a mix South American Cup.
8w3s.png

Better later than never (I mean, the time that I took that say thanks :D):

This version is brilliant! No stutterings and very beautiful (even more beautiful if the Masscot skin and balloon mod is installed).

So, thank you! And thank you @Masscot for the skin and balloon, top notch as always!

Thank you! Really happy with the feedback so far, animating those wind turbines would be the icing on the cake, so hopefully not too far away :cheers:

There's an excellent overhaul of Sidekick by Technoluddite available with a lot more info/data. It's not on RD but has been sanctioned by the original developer.../...

That sounded nice, but after the first use the new version crashed after restarting.
Had to reinstall, it worked again, made a few changes, started a new session and crashed again: no working readouts. This seems to be instable atm...
Or is it just on my side ?

Edit, there was indeed an error in the files that only gets triggered when Use Plain Background is ticked (which I did to make the characters more visible)?
Techno will fix it and upload a new version.

Edit2: new version is live...

Last edited:
I have joined some of them some time ago, later, may will change the main championship name, or may BoP'd them (even if I rarely do, just like to have some variations for different variation tracks).
ywqa.png

Next step is join the Argentinian TC too and start a mix South American Cup.
8w3s.png
Thanks. These ArgentinaTC mods look sick, but I can't seem to find them online. Are they available to general public? Where can one get them?

I do not think ext_config can do that. To prevent cheating I think certain objects can not be touched, such as collision objects, timing objects etc.

You can use 3DSimEd, or any other editor to move them though.

I discovered that we can yesterday night,
in the model.ini,the priority is always the first, so you just have to put the new kn5 before in the list than the old and it works!

Now your monza no longer need a totally complete kn5, it will be same for Zandvoort

Hello fellow GTPlanet members. Does anyone here know why I get these crystalized parts when I try to "detach" objects from each other? It not only a visual in 3dsMax but also transfers in ksEditor and even in AC. Any help or suggestions is really appriciated ;)

crystalized.png

UPDATE: I figured out the problem. :)

Last edited:
@LiquidSkyMan you the man!! Thank you for your hard work. :cheers:

Keeping up with the South American theme. I don't know if this is common knowledge, i apologize for spamming then (i did search through the thread and did not find this info), but it looks like ACFL released the STCAR 2017 mod (argentinian Super TC 2000 series) for free a few months ago. Haven't driven these yet as i'm at work and don't have my wheel here, but it looks like a quality mod from graphical side at least. Cars look funy to me, but there's seven of them (Chevrolet Cruze, Citroen C4, Fiat Linea, Ford Focus, Peugeot 408, Renault Fluence, Toyota Corolla + Honda Civic in additional download) with all the liveries, that look very high level of detail aswell. Wonder how they drive, will try them in the afternoon. Always great to have new complete series for a race or championship:

https://www.acfligue.fr/acfl-stcar2000/

Some new 2020 liveries released today and a honda civic to complete the roster (seeing the same author did the complete liveries for the 2017 season, we might be geting entire 2020 season as well):

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acfl-stcar2017-2020skis-juncos-fiat-and-honda.32010/

links to default 2017 liveries from same author (maybe some/all are already included in base package):

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skins-acfl-stcar2017.23825/

When there are more photos of the 2020 cars I will do more. Regarding 2017, it was not finished on time since ACFL did not update the cars in time.

* ACFL included my skins in scar2017 and formula e mods

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back