Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
... I think this is caused by SSLR, and I believe there's even an option to disable SSLR in interior views somewhere in the CSP settings. I'm not sure if that would disable SSLR entirely (so no vehicle reflections on wet surfaces, etc).

You can disable SSLR either entirely or in cockpit view only (what I recommend)
I am not at Home now but it has to be somewhere under extra.fx

Thanks you'all, pals!

Alo..alo..I was adapting skins for the 1973 Ford Capri Le Mans ( not quite the same for the ACL mod ), but I don't know how to make the windows transparent again.

I edited to leave (the colors: yellow, red and blue). On the onboard camera, no problem, but when I "replay", I can't see anything from the pilot. If I put the file "windows.dds" without editing "it's perfect", but as I wanted to leave it with the colors I commented (after editing), they are mirrored (you can't see anything from the cockpit through the showroom), as you can see in the print .
when you edit, I assume you are meaning in a paint program, like photoshop or gimp. if the standard windows.dds works, are you keeping the alpha channel the same as the original in your edit, but with white where you want the window banner to be and the rest black? (assuming the default has black as the transparency)

Last edited:

Hi another question in that direction:

I want to stick with csp1.79 for now but want try pure 0.190, is it possible ?
Or is the newer Pure version coupled to csp 180.p218 and above ??

Additionally is it coupled to CM now?
Cause I am non CM user

TiA

This version crashes my AC, tried several times with clean (manual) install. :rolleyes:
Are you adding @Rainmaker87's files to the track? You need to keep the base track, it doesn't replace the track, it changes some files/folders.
Works fine at my end, and my whole setup is extremely unstable recently.
Personally I think the foliage is now too light, I'd prefer something halfway between TMM's original and @Rainmaker87's update, as the track now looks a little overexposed/washed out for my taste, with no contrast (Pure, Pure PPF).

Cause I am non CM user

TiA
I use the latest csp and CM. if I have a problem I switch back to 1.79 and can go back to 1.80p218 if I choose to, using Peters latest version of pure, without any issues. I had an issue with cars falling through a track, and found it was a setting in CSP that I needed to change that fixed it, and only use csp 1.80.p218. The cars falling through the track didnt happen in 1.79 which is why I was switching back and forth to find out why.

For the F1 , personally my favourite is the GTR EVO by Kunos / edited by ATS .
I added TC to be able to keep this beast on the track,
and also swapped the shift animation for a better one. Has working wipers as well.

You can download it here.
View attachment 1266852
Thanks. I searched for this one a long time.
I also search a long time for a good Porsche GT2 RS with working wipers and extended physics. Any ideas?
Thanks once again to all the modders for their great work.

Last edited:
Yeah Pure overexposes things. I can't use it with my PP filter.
Pure with Pure PPF looks fantastic to me on most tracks, and on all vanilla Kunos tracks.
The problem with there being so many different PPFs is that modders set values that look good with their own go-to PPFs, which don't necessarily translate well to other ones.
I've had to de-nuke a few instrument panels on cars recently where the modder must be wearing a welding mask when setting them.

welding338A1054.JPG

Yep, but the original problem is that Kunos made a lousy standard PP-filter when they released the HDR thing with the v1.0RC. Before we did had all the same settings. Then all made their own PP filters and nearly all have had or have values I don't like (contrast, color, FPS, saturation), so I've made one closely to the previous v1.0RC versions with neutral color settings, which I use still today.

Here are original made screens with the old versions. See the v1.0RC is brighter but overcontrasted. Therefore v0.22 had blueish colors.

v0.22
v0.22.jpg

v1.0RC
v1.0.0RC 1.jpg

One thing that came to me after seeing Tidy's cars... Why do people gush over them ???

They're on par with RTM when it comes to opitmized models and textures...

I mean just look at that MCL F1.

lol.png

And a KN5 of nearly 300 MB... If it was RTM or any other modder they'd get ripped to shreds but somehow Tidy gets a free pass lmao

Autodromo Cabo Negro v1.01

The circuit is located in Chile.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Por Mauricio "MrOblongo" Herve
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by @G_Parrilla
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
"Car Tires | Game Asset | Agustin Honnun" (https://skfb.ly/6TBOq) by Agustín Hönnun is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @macko68 , @Breathe , @Masscot

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-New AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by @G_Parrilla . (Thanks!)

Last edited:
One thing that came to me after seeing Tidy's cars... Why do people gush over them ???

I mean just look at that MCL F1.

View attachment 1267365

And a KN5 of nearly 300 MB... If it was RTM or any other modder they'd get ripped to shreds but somehow Tidy gets a free pass lmao
Not sure anyone's getting any free passes, but maybe some latitude is given because his F1 is the first of many with a decent cockpit?

when you edit, I assume you are meaning in a paint program, like photoshop or gimp. if the standard windows.dds works, are you keeping the alpha channel the same as the original in your edit, but with white where you want the window banner to be and the rest black? (assuming the default has black as the transparency)
Yes, I opened it for "Photoshop", but I changed the colors for (red, yellow and blue), for Windows Paint 3D.

I don't know how to move very well on "Photoshop". If someone will happen to "edit" these "Ford Capri Acl windshields" would be grateful. Then if you want to step these skins (not totally the same as Le Mans 1973, they are just similar), as it would have to "color" the top of the doors, as well as the front fender and part of the rear spine.

Hitting F12 nuked my version of CSP 1.80p218.
I was trying to turn off my virtual mirror and after hitting F12 on accident, the sky flickered black and it took some kind of screenshot(?) Ever since then my loading screen for ONLY Shutoku 0.92 looks like the first "screenshot" it took, and when loading in to EVERY track it looks like the 2nd attached picture, which persists when trying to drive... Downgrading to 1.79 fixed all my issues, but of course it doesn't have the RainFX. Has this happened to anybody else or did i really just mess up that badly?:D

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2023-06-23 062825.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-06-23 062825.png
    162 KB · Views: 9
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-06-23 060953.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-06-23 060953.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 9
This car could be fun in spec races, but... no LODs.
Anyone able to add them? AC hangs when I try with CM on this particular car.
Or Lucas, if you see this.. can you please always include LODs?

View attachment 1267379
Fix for cockpit glass not allowing shadow-casting light into the cabin:
Code:
;fix shadow-casting sun in cockpit
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = vidroint ; internal glass material name
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
(copy and paste to the config)

I still can't create LODs for this car, unfortunately.
Anyone else tried?

Last edited:

This will be hugely unpopular, but outside of 101creative/petercrill, I am currently finding that EX-Mods/RTM/Remzona or whatever they're calling themselves this week are consistently producing the best content these days. They may not be very good mods overall but they're new and decent quality models and because they use a very basic and consistent method in producing them, they're easy to improve in a standardised way. I appreciate that most people don't want to have to fix every mod they download and so poor optimisation and poor physics puts people off, but I'd rather have these mods unencrypted and spend 30-60mins putting them at my own standard than the ocean of encrypted CSP over reliant bilge that is the current 'modding standard'.

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

Anyone else tried?
I'm trying. Really slow, but hasn't stopped yet. ~85%
Edit. OK. Now it's stopped. ~90%
¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

Anyone else tried?

I'm trying. Really slow, but hasn't stopped yet. ~85%
Edit. OK. Now it's stopped. ~90%
¯\(ツ)
The car is encrypted

Cause I am non CM user

TiA
But you need to setup the things in Content Manager. The vanilla launcher don't has this.

You can use Pure 0.190 also with the older versions. The nwere Pure or Sol versions are just prepared for the new CM and CSP versions. In those new versions there is a major change of the weather selection! But Sol and Pure are compatible. So no need to worry about something. You just need to avoid the newest version of CM (0.8.2561...). Its not possible to select the weather controller with it, if you use CSP 0.1.79. Thats all. A small bug, but with big headaches....

@seamount0

I'm using CM 0.8.2561.39678, CSP 0.1.79, and SOL 2.2.9.

I did have SOL 2.2.8 installed when CM updated this morning, and the sky and sun was diffuse and a little dark, and there were no clouds, though I had clouds selected. Updating to SOL 2.2.9 fixed that on my system.
But you need to revert to CM 0.8.2467!!!
You can't select the weather controller in CM 0.8.2561 with CSP 0.1.79!!!

The car is encrypted
Yeah, I noticed that when tweaking some shaders, but the kn5 seemed kind of open so I thought LODs might work... especially when they all started generating.
No LODs is criminal, but not letting people make their own LODs is a hanging offence.

Looks like these excellent Integras were updated (and added to) at the end of March 2023.
No mention of physics changes but the Spoon v1 definitely seems to drive differently. It previously cocked its leg more often than a bulldog with a bladder infection, but now seems to skip and skitter under lateral load instead.
Anyway, it's a comprehensive 16-car pack to pick the bones out of. Should be something for everyone here.
All cars are unencrypted (you might want to slow down the shifting animations).
Download link is in the video description

Speaking of LODs...
I love these Integras but have just noticed that the LODs are all fake. I wondered why performance in spec races was lower than it should have been...

edit: closer inspection reveals that the LOD kn5s are all there, but on a few cars (most cars?) lods.ini references LOD A for all four slots.
Easy fix then.

edit 2: mmmm... not so easy. LOD B (edit: and C, and D) seems to be the wrong model in many cases, with the wrong rear spoiler.
No wonder only LOD A is referenced in lods.ini... it's the only correct model type.
Looks like LODs will need generating from scratch for most of these cars...

Glass needs fixing too.
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = INT_WINDSHIELD ; internal glass material name
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

Last edited:
Easiest way if you know how to do it is through Blender. You can do it also with 3DSimed but it is more time consuming
Oh, bummer! Guess I'll have to just keep trying! Does anybody have any recommendations for tutorials and example projects I can try to gain an understanding of what to do?

Furthermore, what are the use cases for this 3DSimed program? Is it primarily just for converting content from one game to another?

Also I have another question - this time I'm knocking it down to 2 dimensions. With skins, what are the recommended compression settings for your DDS files? I tried using DXT5 when I saved a skin in GIMP and it looked super nasty in-game. So all of the skins I've made are way larger than I'd really want them to be because I'm saving them without compression.

By the way guys, I've had a really cool idea for a mod. What if every time you add ballast, the driver model gets fatter!? :embarrassed:

I had an AI generate some concept art which I like to call 'high ballast setup':
craiyon_190257_morbidly_obese_man_wearing_a_racing_suit_and_helmet.png

BMW 328 Roadster and Race v0.1

Well... I put it together.
It's just a base, v0.1 - no door, hood animations, and the needles don't move.
I can't seem to learn how to make these things, so I can't keep developing them. If anyone likes it and can add anything, I and the community will be happy - the mod is free to use, develop, change this...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3dwd573brltb7et/BMW_328_Roadster_and_Race_AC_by_carTOON_v0.1.zip/file

Wow congratulations what a great MOD Thanks a lot :cheers:

Oh, bummer! Guess I'll have to just keep trying! Does anybody have any recommendations for tutorials and example projects I can try to gain an understanding of what to do?

Furthermore, what are the use cases for this 3DSimed program? Is it primarily just for converting content from one game to another?

Also I have another question - this time I'm knocking it down to 2 dimensions. With skins, what are the recommended compression settings for your DDS files? I tried using DXT5 when I saved a skin in GIMP and it looked super nasty in-game. So all of the skins I've made are way larger than I'd really want them to be because I'm saving them without compression.

By the way guys, I've had a really cool idea for a mod. What if every time you add ballast, the driver model gets fatter!? :embarrassed:

I had an AI generate some concept art which I like to call 'high ballast setup':
View attachment 1267463
Walmart Racing Team

Are you adding @Rainmaker87's files to the track? You need to keep the base track, it doesn't replace the track, it changes some files/folders.
Works fine at my end, and my whole setup is extremely unstable recently.
Personally I think the foliage is now too light, I'd prefer something halfway between TMM's original and @Rainmaker87's update, as the track now looks a little overexposed/washed out for my taste, with no contrast (Pure, Pure PPF).
Just got back in my rig and found the culprit.When I make changes or add stuff to a installed track, I always copy the track and put it on my desktop as a kind of insurance.
This time I must have cut it in stead and the @Rainmaker87 add-on showed up in the list like any other track, but obviously didn't work. :P
Works OK now, no issues.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back