Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Hello to everyone...I have a question that I hope someone can answer...I installed a 1TG SSD drive in my laptop. I have used up a great deal of storage and I was wondering, can I load ACC and AM2 on an external hard drive and play them on my laptop, or do they need to be loaded onto the internal hard drive in order to work properly? Thank you in advance for any answers or advice.

Hello to everyone...I have a question that I hope someone can answer...I installed a 1TG SSD drive in my laptop. I have used up a great deal of storage and I was wondering, can I load ACC and AM2 on an external hard drive and play them on my laptop, or do they need to be loaded onto the internal hard drive in order to work properly? Thank you in advance for any answers or advice.
I've been using AC off an external 2TB SSD for over a year.
In content manager, provided you have formatted the hard drive in the right manner beforehand, everything can be compressed to take up much much much less space too.

It's a shame because URD stuff are really NOT as good as RSS or VRC.
The URD and VRC cars and tracks are not my cup of tea, so I can not rank them on quality.
I do have one RSS formula V12 1990 car and the cockpit quality for VR use is excellent, the best I ever did see in AC. Be aware I do not care about the details of the tire wheel nut or rear light, just sit in the cockpit and looking around in VR, so its personal.
I would rank them based on the 1989/1992 F1
#1) RRS
#2) ASR
#999) Simdream

I was just messing with cars AI files this week trying to "fix" some. It's amazing how much juice some of those have in there. I was under the impression that the ULTRA GRIP was a modifier no longer working, a fossil from previous versions of AC left in the file. Even tested different values for it and didnt notice changes in pace :confused:
More grip = better handling but slower pace (more effort is needed to push the car)

Test on "Slow (96%)" track condition :
1.0.png1.2.png

I've been using AC off an external 2TB SSD for over a year.
In content manager, provided you have formatted the hard drive in the right manner beforehand, everything can be compressed to take up much much much less space too.
Thank you. Is there a special way to format it? I'm used to using a USB stick at my job, I'm a Senior Master Ford Technician, to transfer files from a lap top to the vehicles USB port. When we format the USB stick, it's just a right click and select format type of thing.

I have two materials (MAT_A and MAT_B) which are sharing the same texture TEXTURE.DDS.
I want to change only the texture of MAT_A with a new texture NEW_TEXTURE.DDS.
How can I do it?

I've tried, but doesn't work

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = MAT_A
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = NEW_TEXTURE.DDS

THX

I have two materials (MAT_A and MAT_B) which are sharing the same texture TEXTURE.DDS.
I want to change only the texture of MAT_A with a new texture NEW_TEXTURE.DDS.
How can I do it?

I've tried, but doesn't work

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = MAT_A

THX
It should be:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = MAT_A
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse

CSP needs to know where exactly the new texture is to be assigned to which shader of the material/mesh in the .Kn5, whether it is txDiffuse, txNormal, txBlur, etc.

This should assign the new texture to that specific material regardless if they share the same texture in the car model.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
umb
Sorry guys but I really love the sound of Panoz! VRC Mod (not the same model however sound is quite similar...) is one of the best for AC but my dream would be to have a sound like this.... totally insane

Prrraaaaaaahhh

Because you sure use the hundreds of tracks you have lmao.

Jeez, can't say one negative thing about AC on this forum. It still has flaws, some of which will never be corrected (or corrected in AC2) but some of y'all refuse to see it.

And the deflection, always the deflection.

I've clocked a thousand hours on AC and still see that it ain't perfect (especially with CSP at play), but it seems that being critical of a game you like is a lost trait for some people here. Blind fanboyism much ?
First, you're on an AC thread - not an ACC one - so, what do you expect ?
Second, ACC is better than AC on few points ; that's true.

But another true is that ACC is just... boring.
That's all.

Thank you. Is there a special way to format it? I'm used to using a USB stick at my job, I'm a Senior Master Ford Technician, to transfer files from a lap top to the vehicles USB port. When we format the USB stick, it's just a right click and select format type of thing.
Most older, smaller (<4GB) USB thumb-drives would default to the FAT file system.
Newer, larger guys default to FAT32 or exFAT, or NTFS. Windows is taking care of this for you, but you can intervene.

What @WiisardNic is pointing to is the (now) default Windows NTFS file system, which allows for system-level file compression, which Content Manager can leverage cleverly, for it's own use. What he's suggesting (if I understand correctly) is "move the whole AC install". Of course you could start over, and install clean...or...

My own spin on your question/quest, I leave the AC install on the internal nVME drive, but home the the content/cars and content/tracks (the big stuff) on an external SDD (WD Blue USB3.2), using Windows OS junctions, explained here:

So yes, it's quite possible.

Last edited:
why not do it yourself?

Code:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = REAR_BUMPER, SCREW
IS_RENDERABLE = 0
VR users might want to add the pedals to that so the feet don't clip through them.

Code:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = REAR_BUMPER, SCREW, Plane.027
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Edit: @RMi_wood your code doesn't hide the rear wing, but this one does:
Code:
;to hide stuff
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE=alfaromeo_gta.kn5
HIDE=REAR_BUMPER, SCREW

Last edited:
Modern Day Racing Series NEWS

Beta tester please download the latest RC build.

Beta testing is running well and we a are now 7 testers. Some bugs were found that I would have never found (like cars and tracks with changes of the mod but with the same old version number).

I think we should test at least to the next weekend. Release should be definitely this month.

I did a detailed user manual for all things around the mod for easy use. Preview here:
user manual.jpg

The Stock Car Brazil championship is changed to the 2022 season with the new cars. This should fit much better than the original planned 2013 version.
Stock Car Brazil 2022.jpg

I also will put all race grids in, so you can drive the cars from the championship with a setting you like in the quick race mode. All cars with special tested AI strength.

And of course more fixes:

Last edited:
Further to above, here's an okay sequential shifting animation (unless you prefer shifting by telepathy).
As usual, delete the .txt extension and put the shift.ksanim into the 'animations' folder.
Then unpack the data and replace this section in driver3d.ini:

Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=285
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=285
PRELOAD_RPM=20000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

VR users might want to remove the driver replacement code in the main config, and the same plus new faces/helmets etc in various skin folder configs so that the helmet doesn't constantly clip through your view.

Attachments

• shift.ksanim.txt
    235.9 KB · Views: 9

Jeez, can't say one negative thing about AC on this forum. It still has flaws, some of which will never be corrected (or corrected in AC2) but some of y'all refuse to see it.

I've clocked a thousand hours on AC and still see that it ain't perfect (especially with CSP at play), but it seems that being critical of a game you like is a lost trait for some people here. Blind fanboyism much ?
Not using ALL of the track I have, some are for Career/Championship mod, but still drive on 76 with all the car i drive

It should be:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = MAT_A
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse

CSP needs to know where exactly the new texture is to be assigned to which shader of the material/mesh in the .Kn5, whether it is txDiffuse, txNormal, txBlur, etc.

This should assign the new texture to that specific material regardless if they share the same texture in the car model.

Hope this helps :)
THX, I found that if the extension folder is inside a layout directory it doesn't work

First, you're on an AC thread - not an ACC one - so, what do you expect ?
Second, ACC is better than AC on few points ; that's true.

But another true is that ACC is just... boring.
That's all.

Expected people with rational thoughts and not overblown fanboyism, oh well, seems like the wrong place then ?

ACC is boring, yeah, but it's the best available option if you wanna race GT3's... Not AC with ported ACC tracks (lol) and mods made by people that probably never got close to the real car they're emulating.

It's like people complaining that off-road physics in GT7 suck... No ****. It might be an option but it's subpar so why bother ?

Released a little thing that might come helpful to league organizers

Last edited:

check out daniel morad. he is a gt3 driver and he says ACC is not great. He should know he does this in real life.....................

edit i will add that this does not mean the game is bad for everyone it will not be, it is at the end of the day his opinion i am just posting this up as it should carry a little more weight than most. like i said before its all personal preference

My HONEST review of Assetto Corsa Competizione: IS IT STILL TERRIBLE?​

Last edited:
Hi @Rainmaker87 I would like to make a petition for a remake of the Circuito de Cartagena track by ACTK.

The basic things I noticed are:
  • Weird bumps in the last and first corners that make you spin unnecessarily
  • The gravel is so thick that you get stuck so much, which is realistic actually but if you could modify it so that it's less thick it would be perfect.
Then there are some extra things like second-layer white curbs, curbs that are not there in the track and they are irl and some curbs not being correctly in the game.

It is only a petition as it's my home town track and I would love to drive it if it's properly made and I know you have the hability to do so.
If you don't have time or whatever, it's totally fine but I would at least appreciate an answer with what you can/can't do.
And finally, my DMs are open to help you with feedback in case you're down to do it.

Thanks in advance and if any other track modder expert can do this, lmk :)

Here is the track link https://modsfire.com/kRlW8YaU200VJvH or https://sharemods.com/g2mqvim49wea/actk_cartagena.7z.html

And here is some footage that could help
F4 footage
Bike 12 min session
Bike lap
And more bike footage :)

Goodwood Vintage - v1.11

bgr_06.jpg

bgr_03.jpg

bgr_02.jpg

features:
  • 32 pit/grid with AI
  • requires CSP, grassFX, rainFX, soundFX, alltheFX
  • vintage look and feelings
  • compatable with original mod (see *alternate installation)

credits:
*alternate installation:
unzip everything inside ./goodwood_circuit_vintage to ./goodwood_circuit and say yes to overwrite.
adds grassFX and a few other changes to the original layouts.

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Hi @Rainmaker87 I would like to make a petition for a remake of the Circuito de Cartagena track by ACTK.

• The gravel is so thick that you get stuck so much, which is realistic actually but if you could modify it so that it's less thick it would be perfect.
Then there are some extra things like second-layer white curbs, curbs that are not there in the track and they are irl and some curbs not being correctly in the game.

It is only a petition as it's my home town track and I would love to drive it if it's properly made and I know you have the hability to do so.
If you don't have time or whatever, it's totally fine but I would at least appreciate an answer with what you can/can't do.
And finally, my DMs are open to help you with feedback in case you're down to do it.

Thanks in advance and if any other track modder expert can do this, lmk :)

Here is the track link https://modsfire.com/kRlW8YaU200VJvH or https://sharemods.com/g2mqvim49wea/actk_cartagena.7z.html

And here is some footage that could help
F4 footage
Bike 12 min session
Bike lap
And more bike footage :)

I checked it. I had no big bumps. The sand can be improved in the surfaces.ini in the track folder, change the damping:

[SURFACE_3]
KEY=SAND
DAMPING=0.05

UPDATE Detroit 2012

v2.2
-night lights added by ACTK

Screenshot_t78_gsi_dtm_detroit_belle_isle2012_5-7-123-16-34-22.jpg

Last edited:

I just tried the track again with some different cars to check...
I feel absolutely no weird bumps (on a Simucube DD wheel).

@Rainmaker87 in the ui of the updated Detroit: BMW M3 Challenge by Ronnie82, AC by Rainmaker ??

Last edited:
check out daniel morad. he is a gt3 driver and he says ACC is not great. He should know he does this in real life.....................

edit i will add that this does not mean the game is bad for everyone it will not be, it is at the end of the day his opinion i am just posting this up as it should carry a little more weight than most. like i said before its all personal preference

My HONEST review of Assetto Corsa Competizione: IS IT STILL TERRIBLE?​

And David Perel's saying the opposite, but who's right and who's wrong ? At the end of the day the GT3 physics are even more lacklustre in AC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back