Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,798 comments
24H
you have any suggestions for a track to compare multiple cars? But please not the Topgear track.
The track shouldn´t be too long.

Best is to choose a track you are used to and know very well.

I test all my cars at:
  • Brands Indy: for a quick check
  • Okutama Grand circuit: for general behavior
  • Yatabe Test Track: for max speed
What I have understood is, it's useful to have a separate instance of AC for benchmarking cars. The reason is simple - every update to a track that alters AI lines as well as new versions of CSP that effect physics might invalidate prior results.

As per my experience a good set of tracks should include a wide, smooth, flowing circuit, I use an old version of Portimao, a tight, twisty circuit with much elevation change, I use Bilster Berg, as well as a city track, I use Tokyo R246.

Some standardization should also be made to the AI-file of each car to have a meaningful benchmark result. I go by this file / tutorial: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/natural-respectful-and-competitive-ai.6536/

Generally, it is advised to have at least one timed lap around three circuits as results from AI may vary by about 2% each session. Having at least three tracks in the rotation results in a reasonable approximation of average performance.

Finally, I recommend to have a standing start as it also factors in traction from a standstill.

Hey, does anyone know what may have caused my AC to suddenly appear really washed out and grey? Like the entire screen is dark and greyey. Like i've got a really heavy filter on. I've not touched a single thing, not updated CSP or Pure, i just logged on, booted up AC and its decided to do this....

My 2 cents :) (I will update with a few touchups...) (I used someone's tires... Thanks! And a file from Breanuts... Thanks!) (Has anyone managed to extract EXT_Extra_Logos_HR.dds ? I need red arrows) (What prog to extract?) NOTE: This is a 2022 evo livery on an 2023 evo2. The Leipert 2023 skin looked too hard to bang out fast.

Update: V4 Got the names way wrong before. Now fixed. Picked these 3 names cuz they drove the most in 2022.

Huracan-Evo2-2.jpg

Huracan-GT3-b.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone come across this issue before? Happens on multiple of tracks (ACUmexico 2021, magny cours 2023) now that i think about it...seems to happen with Pyyers extensions...

any thoughts?
(normally there's a green painted texture there)
View attachment 1299104
I just ran into this issue when I was editing the Esso banner on Lemans67. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I think it had to do with the alpha_blending type for that material. I'd love to try and figure it out for you, but i'm not a Patreon member for Pyyer so I can't download his update to try and figure it out.

Last edited:
A few more small details made for Le Mans 1972.
Version adapted for the Lola T280 (detail on the rear), it is on par with the Alfa 33TT3, but I still need to find out why the cars (with AI) generally crash at the Mulsanne curve.

Changes to the Ferrari 365 GTB4 and De Tomaso Pantera, now I'm turning similar lap times, on the same level as the Chevrolet Corvette.

Ligier JS2 and Ford Capri RS (they have very close lap times), both on the track and in the (AI).

Now the Matra and the Ferrari 312pb will be missing (even though they have not officially raced at Le Mans), they will be tested to achieve similar times.
After having compiled them, using them to create the "BoP" with cars from 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 (as there are many that were converted), they will be adjusted according to similar times at the time.
Lola T280-Ford ( Bonnier/Larrousse/van Lennep )

Ferrari 365 GTB4 ( Jarier/Buchet)

De Tomaso Pantera-Ford ( Chasseuil/Vinatier )

Remembering that it is not always possible to make the performance of the cars equal to the reality of the time, as in addition to climatic factors, the track is not always treated equally in addition to the difference in performance between drivers with the same cars. In the 1972 race, as you can research, there are extreme differences between certain cars, they are trying to leave the cars in certain similar groups if by chance someone does an online race (in a specific group) one day.

The driver's head, helmet, and goggles need to be hidden for this to work in VR.
I can't remember what Legend's member name is in this forum.
@GzeroD but this is easy to hide in data-->extract with cm if not and go to driver3d there happens magic

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB1

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_SNOT_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_SNOT_SUB1

Hi @Masscot, thx for your review and hints. There are some more gaps i need to close and will fix them in the next updates.
For the metal plate in the cockpit i will check if i can adjust this to look more like brushed metal.
I will check the animation and if i redo the stick animation. thx
Will change the steer lock and will be add it to the next update. 🙂
I know about the issue of this wiper animation. The Wiper animation is only a placeholder done with extension config. I'm working on the correct wiper animation, but due to the current lack of time due to preparation for my exams next week, I inserted this placeholder with the extension config. I thought it would be better with this solution, as without any wiper animation.
hi, can you also please note for a next update of the BMW M4 GT4 2023: the brake lights are hardly visible when the lights are turned on...
Good luck on your exam next week. Hope you can stay away from AC long enough to study well...
cheers!

I just noticed the new RSS Huracan Evo2 has a strange problem with the front wheels. The pivot point is at the front of the wheel instead of the hub. So the back end of the wheel swings way out of the body... Hopefully this isn't only on my system. Anyone else see that?

View attachment 1298948

EDIT: Only in the cm showroom. All good on track. (Not unlike the URD 992, where wheels don't steer at all in the showroom. Must be a thing.)
redownload the car. they fixed this issue

@GzeroD but this is easy to hide in data-->extract with cm if not and go to driver3d there happens magic

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB1

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_SNOT_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_SNOT_SUB1
This is a constant annoyance when pre-pubescent modders (who obviously just drift in chase cam) stuff their half-assed cars full of those godawful anime characters, or Max Payne/Vin Diesel/Paul Walker white-suited mannequins complete with sunglasses and hats and inserted ass dildos or whatever. To avoid the faff of identifying every stupid object and listing them all, it's easier to hide them in one go by unpacking the data, deleting ALL of the HIDE configs from driver3d.ini, repacking the data, deleting the redundant data folder, then 'analysing' the car in CM and automatically fixing the driver parameters. All the floating crap should then be hidden.

Or, even better, swap the stupid drivers for sensible ones, with helmets and race suits rather than trilbys and double denim.

Last edited:
Pretty sure ACTK put up a version of this last week, but before that it was a wild goose chase trying to find a copy lol
The original was made by Fat-Alfie and was built with LiDAR data. While it never quite got to 1.0, I am sure it is of substantially higher quality than anything ACTK will put out.

The reason it was pulled from RaceDepartment and scrubbed from the internet was that the actual owner of the Bilster Berg himself went on a litigation rampage once he figured out people were making versions of the track that weren't using his license, which if I recall correctly cost thousands of dollars. He threatened to sue, and that was that, obviously - despite the LiDAR data being very much legally obtained. This is my recollection - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in some small details.

From what I understand, only RaceRoom has this licensed version of Bilster Berg, and word is that Fat-Alfie's is superior even to that one.

There are a few small CSP issues with the track, but it's brilliant in slower tin-tops and open wheelers. I'm not sure it's possible to find it out "in the wild" anymore.

EDIT: Check the Breathe spreadsheet. You may or may not find a copy. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, you may find it in Breathe´s list or here

Unfortunately no grassfx nor rainfx :(
Some one needs to do something about that.:)

X90
The original was made by Fat-Alfie and was built with LiDAR data. While it never quite got to 1.0, I am sure it is of substantially higher quality than anything ACTK will put out.

The reason it was pulled from RaceDepartment and scrubbed from the internet was that the actual owner of the Bilster Berg himself went on a litigation rampage once he figured out people were making versions of the track that weren't using his license, which if I recall correctly cost thousands of dollars. He threatened to sue, and that was that, obviously - despite the LiDAR data being very much legally obtained. This is my recollection - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in some small details.

From what I understand, only RaceRoom has this licensed version of Bilster Berg, and word is that Fat-Alfie's is superior even to that one.

There are a few small CSP issues with the track, but it's brilliant in slower tin-tops and open wheelers. I'm not sure it's possible to find it out "in the wild" anymore.

EDIT: Check the Breathe spreadsheet. You may or may not find a copy. ;)
I had no idea about that whole fiasco, thank you for explaining the situation. I always wondered why it was scrubbed from existence. I have the Fat-Alfie version and it's quite good, like you said with slower tin-tops or even some historic cars. I'm curious why he didn't just rename the track to something else to avoid any litigations esp since he properly obtained the LiDAR data... in any case, the version on ACTK says Bilster Berg "Fat-Alfie/Legion/nobody v0.999" --- so I can imagine he'll be getting an email soon lol

I had no idea about that whole fiasco, thank you for explaining the situation. I always wondered why it was scrubbed from existence. I have the Fat-Alfie version and it's quite good, like you said with slower tin-tops or even some historic cars. I'm curious why he didn't just rename the track to something else to avoid any litigations esp since he properly obtained the LiDAR data... in any case, the version on ACTK says Bilster Berg "Fat-Alfie/Legion/nobody v0.999" --- so I can imagine he'll be getting an email soon lol
Hm, my version is "0.99". So perhaps ACTK added a few things.

I'll have a look. Apparently a changelog is too much to ask...

Last edited:
I have just checked what I have in CM and it says v1.0, also grabbed the one linked on the list and that is v0.99. Scrolling through my JDownloader list (I don't delete my history so I know if I have already grabbed something) and this is the link for the v1.0 - https://modsfire.com/Ujd7wc9Fg75IB9K, where it was posted it was listed as "Bilster Berg Drive Resort 2022 v1.0"

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back