Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,055 comments
anyone else have this issue with the front splitter on the bmw along with the wheels now not showing the correct colour along with the rear spoiler as well?

in showroom it appears as it should but in game its practically jet black, does anyone know why this occurs?

i am sure this did not have this issue when i was running the older version of CM and csp 1.79

thanks
Screenshot (412).png

Screenshot (413).png

anyone else have this issue with the front splitter on the bmw along with the wheels now not showing the correct colour along with the rear spoiler as well?

in showroom it appears as it should but in game its practically jet black, does anyone know why this occurs?

i am sure this did not have this issue when i was running the older version of CM and csp 1.79

thanks
View attachment 1320800
View attachment 1320803
Hm... maybe because of the extension config. When i'm at home in about a hour, i can check this and will let you know. 👍

Hm... maybe because of the extension config. When i'm at home in about a hour, i can check this and will let you know. 👍
thankyou very much mate, my heart sank a little when i went to use it and seen all this. I swear this was not an issue when i released this skin. Just for fun i did revert back to the old CM and csp 1.79 and its practically the same which is weird

__custom_showroom_1705698112.jpg

Hey everyone, this is just kind of a general call into the modding public to see if there's anyone who might want to take on another project.

I've had this properly-scaled version of the Nissan GT-R GT1 sitting on my hard drive for a while, and it's much more appropriate to the real car than the previous GT-R GT1 mods from sources like Yezhrod or Assetto Garage. I forget who sized it up for me upon my request because I can't find any author credits on it or the original message anymore, but it exists still on my computer.

Unfortunately the sized-up version was based on an older version of the mod which doesn't feature the nicer shading or physics of the Yezhrod version, so it looks dull and is missing all the nice CSP extension stuff. On the plus side though, when it was enlarged most of the car's alignment is still proper, but the physics are all out of whack too now as they weren't tested or ironed out during the scaling-up. So it needs to have its physics massaged in order to be more drivable again. You can drive it now but it's very unstable and the AI is pretty slow.

Anyways, I know it's not a super popular car, same with the 458 GT3, like who cares about slightly outdated race cars these days I guess, it's all about the last-century classics or the uber-modern rocketships. But I hope someone who is interested in this car might think it's worth another look and can finish it off.

@TabsGaming42 I believe you're Yezhrod actually, maybe it would be worth giving this car another look compared to the last update from 2022? I'm not sure how easy it would be to apply your work to this larger model, but it would be a nice update to the car I think. I would appreciate it greatly if we had a version of the GT-R GT1 that was both nicely done and the size it is in real life.

Last edited:
shi
La Morra GP v1.0

View attachment 1320676
Fictional circuit in Italy.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Relesys
GTR2 Converted by Neel Jani
-I tried to contact them but was unable to. I thank them for the work they do.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Billboard textures by @Masscot
flying stuff by @Masscot
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Rock texture by @Breathe
pit_lane.ai by TITI
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Otherwise known as "Bump: The Circuit".

Definitely FIA Certified. As in, certified for immediate disqualification from any FIA event. Lol.

Great job, as usual. I'll be taking a look this weekend. Cheers.

Here front splitter and wheels have, in game, a light grey colour. 0.1.79 CSP.

View attachment 1320830
yeh its something to do with the extension folder like @DaWallace mentioned. I must admit i totally forgot that he has been updating this car over time which is why i assumed originally it was a csp issue. I did a quick test and removed the whole extension folder from the main car's folder and it worked as it should so 100% to do with the extension folder.

thankyou for having a look i am sure Dawallace will sort it when he has a spare bit of time. I had a quick fiddle with some values but i am out of my depth when it comes to code and stuff, i can do some of the very basic's like adding grassfx but over and above that i am useless

Last edited:
yeh its something to do with the extension folder like @DaWallace mentioned. I must admit i totally forgot that he has been updating this car over time which is why i assumed originally it was a csp issue. I did a quick test and removed the whole extension folder from the main car's folder and it worked as it should so 100% to do with the extension folder.

thankyou for having a look i am sure Dawallace will sort it when he has a spare bit of time. I had a quick fiddle with some values but i am out of my depth when it comes to code and stuff, i can do some of the very basic's like adding grassfx but over and above that i am useless
i removed the config for the exterior carbon parts. so then you are good to go without deleting the whole config folder. Here is the new extension config file. just paste the new extension config file "ext_config.ini" in the bmw extension folder and overwrite the original one (if it still exists).

Here it is: https://mega.nz/file/9BpmEDAb#G0imKtC60yaWj2ADMXYRcKvyQ8ryeAl9aj0D0OH-jRM

Last edited:
let me know if it works 🙂
100% it works ;) the only thing is the wheels they are still black unfortunately. is that to do with the shadow wheels bit of coding?

edit i had a fiddle and actually managed to sort those last bits out by deleting 2 sections of code, the "tarmac wheel" and "x0window b" or something to that effect. Anyway here is the ext_config if anyone needs it. Wheels and rear window should be back to where it was. thanks to Dawallace for sorting the rest out for me

drag to your extension folder in the main car folder and overwrite

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    26.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi all, I've got another update for Zandvoort 2023. This will probably be the last one for a little while, unless some issue comes up that requires fixing. This update involves:

• LED flag boards now in the correct positions (as of 2023)
  • Thanks to @Fanapryde added sections.ini and logo
  • Thanks to @Masscot fixed some z fighting in ad boards
  • Thanks to @racinjoe013 added complete new lights around the track
  • Fixed gravel verges that weren't quite aligned
  • Fixed shaders in various objects
  • Fixed floating foliage

Thanks all for the help and the reviews, I appreciate it a lot!

Download here

Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_zandvoort2023_20-0-124-4-53-41.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_zandvoort2023_20-0-124-4-48-44.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_zandvoort2023_20-0-124-4-48-44.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
With permission from @RacingSounds , I created a quick and not very good raceday layout for his excellent Zandvoort 2023 track. It was thrown together quickly so there are plenty of mistakes and I can't vouch for the accuracy of the placement of the grandstands. I used the 2020 version of the track as a guide on where to place things. Also, because of the terrain changes he made, the car objects I used don't line up right so you will see some floating and some sunken cars. I plan to do some more work on this eventually, like adding some sponsor billboards in front of the grandstands and a few other things. My hope is that @Pyyer beats me to it so that we can get a good race day mod for the track, but this will have to do for now.

The mod will overwrite @RacingSounds original ext_config files, but no changes were made to his settings. I needed to add a line at the bottom in order for the included grass skins to work, but you do not need to use them. The raceday layout will still work without one of the skins enabled. As for the skins, they will get progressively more burnt out looking as you go down the line. There is also less saturated versions of the skins included if you find the grass too vibrant.

Zandvoort 2023 Raceday Layout

As always, please let me know of any mistakes or suggestions on how to improve it.

bgr00.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone:

Do you know why if I do the custom previews with CSP option I get this strange preview with some cars? The preview of the Porsche is alright but the Ferrari has a strange reflection just under the car. Between the bargeboard and the front wheel. It feels like a strange cut.
View attachment 1320065View attachment 1320064
The only work around I found was reverting back to CSP 1.79, doing the preview then updating back up to whatever your current version is. That way you get the clear car reflection on the floor. (Sorry if this has been answered already, I'm catching up on 7 days worth of comments 😂).

A problem needs guys' help, About the CSP, after loading Csp 0.2 and newer, the sunlight angle, grass and tree colour don't change by date and season ang more, what's wrong with it?
QQ截图20240120190433.png

Hello ! I searching a very very very good soundmoder for my next mod (for sure, i paid them), if someone is interested you can pm me ! Thanks in advance and have a nice day !

Hi all, I've got another update for Zandvoort 2023. This will probably be the last one for a little while, unless some issue comes up that requires fixing. This update involves:

• LED flag boards now in the correct positions (as of 2023)
  • Thanks to @Fanapryde added sections.ini and logo
  • Thanks to @Masscot fixed some z fighting in ad boards
  • Thanks to @racinjoe013 added complete new lights around the track
  • Fixed gravel verges that weren't quite aligned
  • Fixed shaders in various objects
  • Fixed floating foliage

Thanks all for the help and the reviews, I appreciate it a lot!

Download here

View attachment 1320876
I'm still getting the same flickering at distance on those two adboards I previously reported. For clarity, it's these:
The first pic is the board behind the pit building, which flickers quite badly from distance:

1705774860057.jpeg

The second one isn't as bad but does flicker from distance (further back than where this pic is taken from):

1705774952888.jpeg

Some glass was holographic in VR too (sorry, didn't notice it previously) but maybe doesn't affect 2D users. Basically, the transparency flag was missing, so the effect is similar to when when car mods have jazzing opaque internal windows.
For VR people can try this if they want:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION= fix holographic building glass
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = pitbuilding_SUB9, bld_founders_SUB1
MATERIALS = 
SHADER = ksPerPixelReflection
BLEND_MODE= ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 1
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.9
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 209
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

Released : Nissan R390 GT1´97
Author:F302
3D Model: Slightly Mad Studios,Reiza Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: by Reiza Studios
3d work: F302
Alternative Sound file include (PLEASE USE THIS)
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer GT_Sport 1.4
knowing bugs: Shift Animation
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

__custom_showroom_1705598026.jpg

With permission from @RacingSounds , I created a quick and not very good raceday layout for his excellent Zandvoort 2023 track. It was thrown together quickly so there are plenty of mistakes and I can't vouch for the accuracy of the placement of the grandstands. I used the 2020 version of the track as a guide on where to place things. Also, because of the terrain changes he made, the car objects I used don't line up right so you will see some floating and some sunken cars. I plan to do some more work on this eventually, like adding some sponsor billboards in front of the grandstands and a few other things. My hope is that @Pyyer beats me to it so that we can get a good race day mod for the track, but this will have to do for now.

The mod will overwrite @RacingSounds original ext_config files, but no changes were made to his settings. I just needed to add a line at the bottom in order for the included grass skins to work, but you do not need to use them. The raceday layout will still work without any of the skins enabled.

Zandvoort 2023 Raceday Layout

As always, please let me know of any mistakes or suggestions on how to improve it.
Small update to the raceday kn5 file with some corrections and additions. Just some added sponsor boards in front of most of the grandstands and a few extra flags to go along with them. The original link has the updated file included for new users. For those that downloaded the mod already, just use the link below to get the new kn5 file.

Zandvoort 2023 Raceday kn5 update

Last edited:
I'm still getting the same flickering at distance on those two adboards I previously reported. For clarity, it's these:
The first pic is the board behind the pit building, which flickers quite badly from distance:

View attachment 1321033

The second one isn't as bad but does flicker from distance (further back than where this pic is taken from):

View attachment 1321037

Some glass was holographic in VR too (sorry, didn't notice it previously) but maybe doesn't affect 2D users. Basically, the transparency flag was missing, so the effect is similar to when when car mods have jazzing opaque internal windows.
For VR people can try this if they want:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION= fix holographic building glass
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = pitbuilding_SUB9, bld_founders_SUB1
MATERIALS =
SHADER = ksPerPixelReflection
BLEND_MODE= ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 1
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.9
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 209
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1
Thanks for the code! I’ll do a quickfix for these. Need to take a look at the geometry of the ads bords. I made sure there was no overlap but perhaps there’s a plane there still

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back