Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
sorry mate, my bad probably (I have V2 of the car installed btw), but none of the files you are showing is present in the Haupt (or other) skin file for the rss_gtm_mercer_v8 that I have.Nor did I have the ...>cars>cf>RSS mercer tree...
Content of the livery in question...
The ext_config.ini was added today, containing that earlier mentioned code...
Here's the rss 01 skins with the modified ext_config to show the logo: Skin 01

skin 01 with logo.jpg

As you said earlier with just modifying the ext_config.ini:

Code:
;/////////////You should carry these or similar settings over to any custom liveries
[INCLUDE:cf/RSS_Mercer/Mercer_Logo.ini]
; The code below tells CSP to load up the Endurance lights.
[INCLUDE: rss/rss_gtm_mercer_v8/enduro.ini]

; You can lose the headlight flash effect and use the laser light as a low beam by activating the code below
; [BASIC]
; IS_LOW_BEAM_AVAILABLE=1
; IS_HIGH_BEAM_AVAILABLE=1

; [EMISSIVE_LOWBEAM_0]
; NAME=GEO_BAR_SPECIAL_FRONT
; COLOR=70,70,60,1
; OFF_COLOR=0,0,0
; SIMULATE_HEATING = 0.3
; LAG=0.5
; LOCATION = FRONT             
; ACT_AS_HEADLIGHTS = 1
; CAST_LIGHT=1
; CHANNEL = 0

; Lights
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_Door_Plates_L
COLOR=0.5,1,0.5,1
LAG=0.65
SIMULATE_HEATING=1
ACT_AS_HEADLIGHTS=0

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_Door_Plates_R
COLOR=0.5,1,0.5,1
LAG=0.65
SIMULATE_HEATING=1
ACT_AS_HEADLIGHTS=0

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_Banner_LED_A
COLOR=0,0,1,38
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0
SIMULATE_HEATING=0
LAG=0

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_ROOF_STRIP
COLOR=0,0,1,38
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0
SIMULATE_HEATING=0
LAG=0

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_BUMPER_STRIP
COLOR=0,0,1,38
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0
SIMULATE_HEATING=0
LAG=0

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_ARCHES_LED
COLOR=0,0,1,38
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0
SIMULATE_HEATING=0
LAG=0

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_BUMPER_STRIP_REAR
COLOR=0,0,1,38
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0
SIMULATE_HEATING=0
LAG=0

;Remove the comments below here to get glow to the LEDs
[EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...]
MESHES=GEO_Banner_LED_A, GEO_ARCHES_LED, GEO_BUMPER_STRIP, GEO_BUMPER_STRIP_REAR
RANGE = 0.16
COLOR=0, 0, 1, 0.1 ;if using values in 0-255 range, take extra care with the 4th parameter
DIRECTED = 0
SPLIT_ELEMENTS = 1
SPLIT_THRESHOLD = 0.01
NORMAL_SHIFT = 0.01
EXTERIOR_ONLY = 0

[EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...]
MESHES=GEO_ROOF_STRIP
RANGE = 0.05
COLOR=0, 0, 1, 0.05 ;if using values in 0-255 range, take extra care with the 4th parameter
DIRECTED = 0
SPLIT_ELEMENTS = 1
SPLIT_THRESHOLD = 0.01
NORMAL_SHIFT = 0.01
EXTERIOR_ONLY = 0

[EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...]
MESHES=GEO_BAR_SPECIAL_FRONT
RANGE = 0.09
COLOR=0, 0, 1, 0.06 ;if using values in 0-255 range, take extra care with the 4th parameter
DIRECTED = -1
SPLIT_ELEMENTS = 1
SPLIT_THRESHOLD = 0.01
NORMAL_SHIFT = 0.03
EXTERIOR_ONLY = 0

[EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...]
MESHES = GEO_DISPLAY_PANEL                 ; list of meshes
MATERIALS = LED_Display_LK            ; list of materials
DIRECTED = 0.7
RANGE = 0.2

[EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...]
MESHES = GEO_DISPLAY_FACE                 ; list of meshes
MATERIALS = INT_Display           ; list of materials
DIRECTED = 0.95
RANGE = 0.15

; [EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...]
; MESHES = GEO_text_display                 ; list of meshes
; MATERIALS = Display_Icon           ; list of materials
; DIRECTED = 0
; RANGE = 0.01

;Emissive Dash button glow and external
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME=GEO_DASH_GLOW
COLOR=1,1,1,1
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0

[EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE_...]
MESHES = GEO_DASH_GLOW                ; list of meshes
MATERIALS = DASH_GLOW           ; list of materials
DIRECTED = 0
RANGE = 0.01

For me it works well with all filmes in the root/extension/confi/cars/cf/RSS_Mercer Folder

I have no idea but the best F1 mod (probably ever, in my opinion) is the RSS 1990. That's a pay mod but it's just pocket money.

Here's my 1990 season stuff (driving at Phoenix street circuit, light rain). All links in the video description.

Thank you. I would only use the SD package to fill the starting grid. I wouldn't want to make a championship with the same mod with different skins

Screenshot_porsche_996_cup_2004_ks_red_bull_ring_9-2-124-17-50-41.jpg

101 Creative Porsche 996 Cup Car V1.02

Download Here

@petercrill

Raise height of body by 20mm (graphic offset), it still low but looks better!
Adjust Colider Size and position
Adjust rear brake duct cooling
New Glass by @Masscot
Repositioned exhaust flames by ??? (Apologies I didn't make note of who did this).

Please note this updates the original car so you may want to back it up before installing, I haven't tested the AI, but no changes made that should affect them.

[edit]

updated to fix broken AI I hope...Please download again!

Changed Ai version to 3
Increased shift up rpm to 8000 for auto ahifter and AI whilst figuring out what was wrong
[/edit]

Last edited:
Released : Aquila CR1 Carpack
Author:F302
Cars: Chevrolet LS7,BMW M60 ,Judd V8
Physics Judd V8: RMS (Kamil Cader) big thx
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302 ,Template include)
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer C13AEGIS
knowing bugs: Windows
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager
https://www.mediafire.com/.../f302_aquila_cr1_pack.zip/file

__custom_showroom_1710011391.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1335576

Download Here

@petercrill

New Glass by @Masscot
Repositioned exhaust flames by ??? (Apologies I didn't make note of who did this).

Please note this updates the original car so you may want to back it up before installing, I haven't tested the AI, but no changes made that should affect them.
One of my favourite ever mods - chuffed to see these updates - it sits so much better now!

The AI seems broken though unfortunately - just tried on RT Sebring and Road America and they teleport back to the pits soon after joining the track! 😢

I know that someone already posted a similar question here, but I couldn't find it. So, I ask again:

How to fix a car mod that doesn't come with automatic shifter/gearbox option? What lines in a car's config options I need to change?

Released : Aquila CR1 Carpack
Author:F302
Cars: Chevrolet LS7,BMW M60 ,Judd V8
Physics Judd V8: RMS (Kamil Cader) big thx
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302 ,Template include)
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer C13AEGIS
knowing bugs: Windows
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager
https://www.mediafire.com/.../f302_aquila_cr1_pack.zip/file

View attachment 1335596
on the bmw the gear change in auto from 4 to 5 is strange going direct to 6 please fix..
i dont tryed the other cars

I have a problem on some cars where you're on the starting line, increase the revs, red lights go out, you hit the gas pedal and the car only creeps forwards sightly. Foot to the floor and the revs very slowly start coming up. It the same thing if you happen to go off track and trying to get back on. In 1st gear foot to the floor and the car barely moves. Now if you just hold the gas pedal down fully it takes several seconds for the revs to come all the way up. You can go back into neutral and raise the revs and pop it into 1st to get it moving. Kind of like the car has stalled or like in a manual transmission you're trying to takeoff from a dead start with the clutch pedal all the way out.

Could it be something in the coding of the car?

if you use Pure , in Pure config app you can change the overall brightness (and I believe there is a way to save it per track , but not sure about that one... check out the Pure Config app in-game!)

here a copy for you (drag & drop in CM should work)

the skins in the mentioned skinpack do contain a ext_config.ini , and if you want the star in the other skins , you need to copy this part into a ext_config.ini file in any skin you want to have the star :
[INCLUDE:cf/RSS_Mercer/Mercer_Logo.ini]

Or install that skinpack first, and then DOWNLOAD this (and drag&drop in CM),
these original skins already get the updated ext_config.ini to show the star:
View attachment 1335500

and they all have new previews included as such (also the skins of the forementioned skinpack):

View attachment 1335492

Hope this helps you out... Have a nice weekend!
Guys, first a big thanks to everyone that took the trouble trying to help... 👍
I ended up doing exactly what @jac0 posted and now I have a visible Merc star (in game) with all the skins I kept. Not in previews though, even if I check the 'use CSP for final preview render', while that setting even borks my usual previews.

Last edited:
One of my favourite ever mods - chuffed to see these updates - it sits so much better now!

The AI seems broken though unfortunately - just tried on RT Sebring and Road America and they teleport back to the pits soon after joining the track! 😢
I think it is related to the AI version, no clue why it has become a problem now! In the process of updating the download now...

View attachment 1335576

Download Here

@petercrill

New Glass by @Masscot

[edit]

updated to fox broken AI I hope...Please download again!

Changed Ai version to 3
Increased shift up rpm to 8000 for auto ahifter and AI whilst figuring out what was wrong
[/edit]
Updated the download for 101 Creative 996 GT3 Cup Car to resolve AI not shifting properly and blowing up engines. Original link updated, apologies for any inconvenience caused!

download

Last edited:
I know that someone already posted a similar question here, but I couldn't find it. So, I ask again:

How to fix a car mod that doesn't come with automatic shifter/gearbox option? What lines in a car's config options I need to change?
Go to data (if needed unpack data.acd first) > drivetrain. ini > GEARBOX > SUPPORTS SHIFTER
1=Car supports shifter,
0=car supports only paddles

I start a training, let the ai drive (strg+c) , on all tracks are no problems if it is sunny, but if i enable rain the game crashes with enabled ai, why is that?

I have a problem on some cars where you're on the starting line, increase the revs, red lights go out, you hit the gas pedal and the car only creeps forwards sightly. Foot to the floor and the revs very slowly start coming up. It the same thing if you happen to go off track and trying to get back on. In 1st gear foot to the floor and the car barely moves. Now if you just hold the gas pedal down fully it takes several seconds for the revs to come all the way up. You can go back into neutral and raise the revs and pop it into 1st to get it moving. Kind of like the car has stalled or like in a manual transmission you're trying to takeoff from a dead start with the clutch pedal all the way out.

Could it be something in the coding of the car?
Usually due to the TC. If Traction control is on by default on a car that doesn't have the data for it it does that.

Try with/without it.

anyone with a sequential shifter having issues with missed gear changes?

seems to be registering ok in the controller screen just seems sluggish when out on track, never was like this before

Guys, first a big thanks to everyone that took the trouble trying to help... 👍
I ended up doing exactly what @jac0 posted and now I have a visible Merc star (in game) with all the skins I kept. Not in previews though, even if I check the 'use CSP for final preview render', while that setting even borks my usual previews.
There is another thing you should check. With V2 of the car the handling of the enduro lights was changed by RSS. Check all ext_config.ini files in the skin folders and remove the following line, if it exists:
[INCLUDE: cf/RSS_Mercer/Mercer_Endu_Covers.ini]

This line isn't necessary anymore. Instead you should add
for cars with enduro lights and
[INCLUDE: rss/rss_gtm_mercer_v8/enduro_off.ini]
for cars without enduro lights.

The CSP previews work for me without a problem.

CSP_preview_star_enduro.jpg

CSP_preview_star_no_enduro.jpg

anyone with a sequential shifter having issues with missed gear changes?

seems to be registering ok in the controller screen just seems sluggish when out on track, never was like this before
Check my posts from a couple of weeks ago, I posted a fix somewhere.

There is another thing you should check. With V2 of the car the handling of the enduro lights was changed by RSS. Check all ext_config.ini files in the skin folders and remove the following line, if it exists:
[INCLUDE: cf/RSS_Mercer/Mercer_Endu_Covers.ini]

This line isn't necessary anymore. Instead you should add
for cars with enduro lights and
[INCLUDE: rss/rss_gtm_mercer_v8/enduro_off.ini]
for cars without enduro lights.

The CSP previews work for me without a problem.

View attachment 1335672

View attachment 1335673
Tried that on a few skins, no endu lights appearing.
my normal previews (without CSP)

normal.png

And then with CSP: the Merc star is visible but I get a blurry background and bad looking skin colors...

with_csp.png

Created some skins for the CLK-GTR based off all 3 unique SuperSport models complete with new license plates :cool:

TrtO9IM.jpeg

UvXeC20.jpeg

gxsHZHd.jpeg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/mercedes-benz-hwa-amg-clk-gtr-supersport-skins.6808/

This model is required to use the skins as I only uploaded the skins for obvious reasons, though I do have some custom data that increases the speed and handling of the cars to make them more in-lien with how the SuperSport performed in PGR4:cool:; I did not upload that yet but will once I finish testing it more.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/mercedes-benz-62241696

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back