Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,850 comments
Does anyone know if the historic le mans from PC2 has been converted over? It looks to be a early to mid 80s version of the track. It's just it does look rather good!
There is the 1970s version which is very good - https://mega.nz/file/Lkc2TAYa#K39hrYdW6jgUg8wDNH9YyUMQ5NdjckNFH5LruRTglHE

And 1982 https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/le-mans-1982.52192/

But they were all based on the original Virtua_LM version from F1C.

I don't know of anyone porting the PC2 version.

Okay, I have improved the 1982 season even more. I found out why SD cars crash so eagerly at Long Beach, Kyalami and Oesterreichring. They don't respond well to big ai driver aggression values. When I lowered the max. driver aggression to 20 for top drivers the crashes are pretty much gone. I mean gone 90%. There are still ai crashes occasionally but so what... so was in the real races. And when ai crashes it doesn't create catastrophical issues on the track unlike ai engine explosions, which every single time create a big traffic problem.

As I told in the previous post I created fast turbo cars and much, much slower Cosworths and compensated their lack of power with better fuel economy.

This means the Turbos have to take two pitstops whereas you can drive the whole race with just one pitstop.

I tried the ai engine failures but they are disastrous because they create crashes and mayhem as the ai car engines blow in the middle of the track.

But it's very possible to win races on slower circuits like Long Beach, Detroit and Monaco. Even Brands Hatch is possible to win with a perfect race as there are only one very fast straight.

Turbo cars are superior at Hockenheim, Monza, Paul Ricard where they can use their 15-20 km/h bigger top speed.

In this Oesterreichring the same thing... turbos are superior. I made a test race (25 laps) at Oesterreichring. This is one of the fastest tracks of the era and despite Turbos making two pitstops I was about 39 seconds behind the winner Prost (at ai level 100). I wasn't driving a great race but it was "ok" and near the limit. Made two stupid mistakes with one backmarker and once I took the chicane wrong way and ended up in gravel.

Winner Prost (turbo Renault) made two pitstops whereas I only pitted once and drove with bigger fuel load. The gap was 39 seconds but with better driving it could have been 15-20 seconds.

The real race had one of the most legendary endings between Elio de Angelis and Keke Rosberg. Watch it on Youtube. As you can see De Angelis and Rosberg were on the top only because all turbo cars (besides Tambay's Ferrari) had a technical DNF.

I'm getting more and more realistic vibe with this. I have modified all car datas and created significant power differences between turbos and Cosworths. These SD cars actually drive very well after you remove all other tyremodels than QF.

1983, 1984 and 1988 are also SD cars and I've done the exact same adjustments to them. However, 1982 was the most problematic as from 1983 almost all top teams had turbos and they become more reliable. Williams got Honda turbo only in the last races of the season 1983 though. It was seriously underpowered. In 1982 Rosberg won the title with way underpowered Cosworth by consistency and reliability. It's a lot of fun to drive a slower car against the turbos and try to catch them with pitstop tactics.

I'm a die hard classic F1 fan and getting these to play remotely realistic is a great feeling. I really enjoy driving these but for me the results and outcome is much more important than things like graphics. Also forcing the cars to pit was a big thing to improve realism. I aim at 25 minutes - 35 minute races. That means 15 laps on Hockenheim and 30 laps on Long Beach.

Already released before, now with just more improvements. Download everything from the video description. If you need the cars, pm me.

Statistics.

Qualifying: I got pretty much perfect lap (for me). I was still 2 seconds behind turbos.

y9438Zr.png

Race:

Ip9ZPkL.png

Winner (ai 100, turbo Renault) lap times:

6d7JAXg.png

My (Cosworth) lap times.

Is64csE.png

Last edited:
Hey folks.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, in how to edit/add functional headlights to a car that otherwise doesn't have them?

I've tried to find the resources through google/youtube and I can't seem to find ANY tutorial on how to do this, either through painstakingly adding something in Blender/KsEdit ( I'm a complete noob, but I learned how to add/animate working windshields last week yay) or by messing with the ini files, or whatever other method; I just can't seem to find any guide on the subject.

The cars I'm trying to "fix" are some of the free Group C mods on this patreon:

Like for instance, the Dome RC82, Ford C100, Grid S1 1982, Harrier RX83C, etc, which don't turn on headlights in-game; but strangely turn on the left headlight when I open them in CM Showroom.

Thanks in advance.
All good on my side

Attachments

• Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_dome_rc82_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-41-33.png
    Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_dome_rc82_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-41-33.png
    411.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_ford_c100_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-43-1.png
    Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_ford_c100_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-43-1.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_grids1_82_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-44-20.png
    Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_grids1_82_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-44-20.png
    406.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_harrier_rx83c_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-45-41.png
    Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_harrier_rx83c_lasvegas23_26-5-124-5-45-41.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 7
There is the 1970s version which is very good - https://mega.nz/file/Lkc2TAYa#K39hrYdW6jgUg8wDNH9YyUMQ5NdjckNFH5LruRTglHE

And 1982 https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/le-mans-1982.52192/

But they were all based on the original Virtua_LM version from F1C.

I don't know of anyone porting the PC2 version.
Hey thanks, yeah I have both of those unfortunately! For whatever reason Austin Ogonoski (or however it's spelt) came up on my YouTube feed and he was doing a hot lap around the track - proper shame as the quality of the track is first class. At least they got that part right with the PC series.

Hey thanks, yeah I have both of those unfortunately! For whatever reason Austin Ogonoski (or however it's spelt) came up on my YouTube feed and he was doing a hot lap around the track - proper shame as the quality of the track is first class. At least they got that part right with the PC series.
Agreed, for all its physics faults it had some damn nice cars and tracks.

just came across some great free mods of modern utility vehicles (pick up trucks, utes). first time i have come across this modder. maybe be of interest to some.
Its the facebook registry wall I’m facing :guilty:

Good news, bad news depending on how annoyed you get with downloading constant updates. I figured out what I was missing to get the numbers to align to the right on the Sebring scoreboard. And while I was at it, I added another little thing to the Rolex time board. I still need to do a little mesh work so I can give the time of day some emissive lighting. Shouldn't take too long so i'll have an update later tonight or tomorrow depending on where you live in the world.

View attachment 1367661

Love these little details, it adds so much immersion for these details to be able to check them in game, especially clocks and scoreboards - then turn off the HUD completely and use these for stint timing and to see position in the race.

Per chance would you consider looking at the scoreboard of Tyrone's 1966 Sebring? No worries if not, I'm very much looking the gift horse in the mouth there.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ere-check-first-post.12249/page-4#post-716141 - this tells you what to change in the lights.ini file. Other than that you just need to make a object in Blender that this refers to (the "NAME" part). Some cars might have the light bulb already modelled and you can just use the object name in the model as reference for the ini file. Might need to all be uppercase letters but someone else can confirm that.
Thank you!
All good on my side
You're right.
I have no idea what happened, today I made another race, and all was good as well.
I can't explain what happened so I just guess a rare bug somehow, dunno.

Anyway, that means I don't have to edit any lights, but the resources are now there if I need to in the future. Thank you both, cheers

Love these little details, it adds so much immersion for these details to be able to check them in game, especially clocks and scoreboards - then turn off the HUD completely and use these for stint timing and to see position in the race.

Per chance would you consider looking at the scoreboard of Tyrone's 1966 Sebring? No worries if not, I'm very much looking the gift horse in the mouth there.
I imagine I could. I have version 1.0 of the track. Is there a newer version that I should use instead?

I just found out about those:

Assetto Corsa AI Rolling Start app​

Assetto Corsa AI Pit Stop Strategy App v2.8

The later, allows to choose AI's starting tyre compound.

Any one here tried those, how do they work for you?

The Pit Stop Strategy app works well, highly recommend it over the pit stop feature of the RARE app for example (but both apps can work together). It allows you to create a pit stop window so not all the ai pit on the same lap, which makes it a lot more realistic. Only issue I found is that you need to figure out pit stop duration times, because the AI's pitstops take far longer than mine. That could just be an issue on my end though.

The Rolling Start app is less refined, it is basically a throttle limiter on the first lap, and the AI let big gaps fall in between them. It works for what it does, but obviously its not like the rolling starts on ACC (which I imagine would be incredibly hard to do)

Nuzzo's Blue Flag app is another I'd highly recommend. It makes multi-class racing much better, the AI behave similarly to ACC when you lap them.

Hope this helps!

Something you might want to consider adding to your rt_sebring ext_config file. It will illuminate the handful of green track lights. You can play around with the VALUE line to get something you prefer.

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS= PITLIT4
KEY_... = ksEmissive
VALUE_... = 2,20,0, 0.0075
KEY_... = ksAlphaRef
VALUE_... = -193
CONDITION = ALWAYS_ON

Man, I have such a blast coming back to the DRM Revival cars every once in a while. Just a complete blast.

So, what is the evolution of these cars to modern day? What are the successors? I was thinking DTM, but I'm not sure that is correct. Lemme know if you know please. Thx.

2024-06-26 18_38_11-Content Manager.png

Man, I have such a blast coming back to the DRM Revival cars every once in a while. Just a complete blast.

So, what is the evolution of these cars to modern day? What are the successors? I was thinking DTM, but I'm not sure that is correct. Lemme know if you know please. Thx.

View attachment 1367930
According to what is reported on Wikipedia, yes, DRM was "replaced" by DTM.

"The Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft, abbreviated to the acronym DRM, was an automotive championship for touring cars organized in Germany from 1972 to 1985 as the top German national series replacing the Deutsche Rundstrecken Meisterschaft (suppressed in 1971) and forerunner of the next Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft born in 1984".

Last edited:
According to what is reported on Wikipedia, yes, DRM was "replaced" by DTM.

"The Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft, abbreviated to the acronym DRM, was an automotive championship for touring cars organized in Germany from 1972 to 1985 as the top German national series replacing the Deutsche Rundstrecken Meisterschaft (suppressed in 1971) and forerunner of the next Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft born in 1984".
Thank you, my friend!

Its working, he changed from address https://www.assetto-fr.com/

I just found out about those:

Assetto Corsa AI Rolling Start app​

The later, allows to choose AI's starting tyre compound.

Any one here tried those, how do they work for you?

I did try the rolling start mod from this guy, at first glance I had the impression it’s working. But when starting as the last on the grid, you will clearly see it’s a waste of your $1,-

Last edited:
Great release today: free ASR 1991 carset. it is really good, not like ACFL.
Those were always free, only now they're in a single pack lol

Shame (although I get it) he had to encrypt his mods because people were ripping 'em left, right and centre.

Guess that's just the state of modding in 2024.

24H
RELEASE

View attachment 1295419

Showroom needed: https://www.patreon.com/posts/tav-moderna-0-2-67691247

Preview settings attached :) if you post some pictures, please give a short credit ;)
Sorry to reup such an old post but how do you even use it ? The preview settings using that map throws an error because, well, it's a photomap and not a proper showroom. Kinda lost with all that CSP previews crap

Last edited:
Those were always free, only now they're in a single pack lol

Shame (although I get it) he had to encrypt his mods because people were ripping 'em left, right and centre.

Guess that's just the state of modding in 2024.
they are updated also, and they are not encrypted, and have been updated several times in since v1 just in the past year, so you can perhaps try them again as they are really top level.

26/06/2024
AC 1991 V1.1
– Updated all 3Ds of all cars with correct front and rear wing measurements
– Updated all engine sounds
– Small corrections on physical data
– AGS added gearbox animation
– Lambo 291 added gearbox animation
– Lola LC91 added gearbox animation and rounded windshield
04/06/2023

AC 1991 V1.0d
Change Log:

3D model:
– New 3D Helmet Rehos by EKO-SimRacing (thank you!) for McLaren 1991
– Add New 3D Helmet Rehos Senna in Williams FW14 Silverstone Edition Special Event.
– Fix Lotus 102B brake position
– Fix AGS rear suspension position
– add 3 lods for all cars

Graphics, Texture:
– Update skin pack with new Rehos Helmet Skins

Content Manager
– Created presets and driver performance for all 16 tracks of the 1991 World Championship.

Misc
– Fix Johansson name AGS

15/05/2023
AC 1991 V1.0c

Change Log:

Audio:
Add Audio Extension

3D Model:
New 3D Sterringwheel, new 3D Helmet (drivermodel)

07/05/2023
AC 1991 V1.0b
Change Log:

Physics:
Small correction on aerodynamics and FBB

Sound:
Introduced new sounds with sourround support in VR mode

3D Model:
Updated and improved models in general, specifically below;
– Brabham Sterringwheel 3D model
– Ferrari new 3D mirrors model
– Fondmetal new real 3D dashboard and display Model
– Fondmetal new 3D mirrors model
– Leyton House new 3D mirrors model, coverengine fix, add new sidepods configuration
– Minardi new 3D mirrors model
– Tyrrell new 3D mirrors model
– Williams new 3D mirrors model and fix cockpit edge
– Dallara new 3D mirrors model and fix sidepods normals

Graphics, configuration and Texture:
– new textures for slick tires
– some general corrections on some textures and skins
– New damage texture

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back