Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,887 comments
Time is very scarce atm so I've only just had a chance to test this. Seems like you added my shifting animation but neglected the important timing changes in driver3d.ini?

Somebody was working on a couple of extra skins too I think?
no, I also took over the shift timing

Last edited:
Before:
Meanwhile, testing Reboot's Dubai new update...

View attachment 1367918

(shortly) After:

dubai fix.JPG

Love to this great community... 😍

Last edited:
Quick fix for the speedline addon. Hidden the bbs rims meshes that were still visible. This is the new generic ext_config :)

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rj_imola_2024_27-5-124-23-21-17.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rj_imola_2024_27-5-124-23-21-17.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Seeing the (superbly) modelled cars from the AC EVO screenshots on Steam, i'm wondering if it's worth it to keep the below 300K objective while making a car model, like it is recommended on the AC's guideline, knowing that the engine is not the strongest. It might be wise to pump up the detailing from now on, as the EVO's engine seems much more capable (in the eventuality of a modding possibility)...

Coffee Work GIF by The Barista League

Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 07/06/2024 --> 27/06/2024
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 07/06/2024 --> 27/06/2024

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 28/06/2024 --> TBA
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 28/06/2024 --> TBA

Note to modders: more and more links are no longer available. I'm sharing them on my sharemods, but it goes without saying that if you provide me with a new “official” link, I'll make the change to your link.

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.

Thank you guys

ACTL v3.2 by Breathe

Seeing the (superbly) modelled cars from the AC EVO screenshots on Steam, i'm wondering if it's worth it to keep the below 300K objective while making a car model, like it is recommended on the AC's guideline, knowing that the engine is not the strongest. It might be wise to pump up the detailing from now on, as the EVO's engine seems much more capable (in the eventuality of a modding possibility)...

Coffee Work GIF by The Barista League
I thought about this myself. We'll have loads of AC ports early days that may not look so good in game compared to official content.
Might be cutting out part of the audience though. ACE hasn't had modding confirmed yet, so may never happen, and high poly cars are something to be avoided for some of us, especially VR users, even with a 4090. And to be honest, I can't tell the difference between a 200k model and an 800k model in game anyway. I'd rather keep the performance (and grid sizes) high.

since i will switch to new hard drive soon, do u think it will be easy transfering all my ac data onto the new one? and it will also replace my current windows harddrive, which i will readd also. but i still have plenty of downloads for ac stuff on it, can i still access it/the downloads folder after switching to another harddrive?

what are the values in brakes.ini
FRONT_MAX_GLOW=31.0
REAR_MAX_GLOW=29.0
not zeros by any chance?
[DISCS_GRAPHICS]
DISC_LF=g_Disc_LF
DISC_RF=g_Disc_RF
DISC_LR=g_Disc_LR
DISC_RR=g_Disc_RR
FRONT_MAX_GLOW=60.0
REAR_MAX_GLOW=29.0
LAG_HOT=0.985
LAG_COOL=0.965

But I guess then the name of DISC_LF matters, i'll rename all those disc to match up with the data files (and for the lods too sigh)

Updating liveries don't update the previews though? At least they don't for me. But for some reason doing preview update trough this menu works for some reason. CM don't throw an error after 8 liveries, which makes absolutely no sense.
with the skins menu Content Manager loads the car with every skin.
So it will take much more time.

"Update previews" loads the car only once as fas as I know....

Will try to get in touch with the creator of the showroom to get permission to upload the edited .kn5

Last edited:
Helps that I bought the cars along (same as 1993), 60 buck in one go is too much, that I agree, but 5 bucks every few months is manageable :)
yeh if you look at it that way, that how ive bought from rss and vrc, 5 bucks here and there. still better than overpriced iracing content to me.

Yes, nice screenshots! The game requires 100gb on ssd.
i will have to replace my old bluray burner/player that i havent used in around 6 years, to fit an sdd in my pc box. and i will just for that game.

I love Legion's little crusade against modders encrypting stuff they don't own lmao
just dont download his stuff. a lot of it is not very good, 2015 level modding and physics.

Hi Folks,

Hope you're all holding up good.

Require some advise here concerning CSP and PP filters. Hope someone is willing to assist.

To get the 'atmosphere' more clear; I'm 56 years young, playing AC Vanilla (v1.16.3) for some years now (with a...yes...[shame] joystick :-)), but... I just recently sort of discovered CSP (v0.2.3). Am not using CM to be more clear.

Prior to CSP all colors looked very good and weather settings resulted in the selected ones, etc.
Now with CSP (got that installed without CM btw) colors seem rather of. Tried changing PPFilters, not much of a difference.

Any advise how to get this sorted? Maybe best fitting PPfilter around? Any ideas are welcome. Thank you in advance

I thought about this myself. We'll have loads of AC ports early days that may not look so good in game compared to official content.
Might be cutting out part of the audience though. ACE hasn't had modding confirmed yet, so may never happen, and high poly cars are something to be avoided for some of us, especially VR users, even with a 4090. And to be honest, I can't tell the difference between a 200k model and an 800k model in game anyway. I'd rather keep the performance (and grid sizes) high.
There is Highpoly and Highpoly. With a good optimization, you can get a very decent result with not much, especially if you focus on the driving part and ban everything in hidden sight on the model (between doors, under-hood, under-trunk, etc). The vast majority of converted models on AC running around 1.5/2M polys are not "that" detailed, they are simply way too informative on the wrong parts. A good shave and you get the same result with 400/500K on the driving side.

On the ACE focused screenshot, you can identify a few poly lines, a good texture-optimized work but all in all, nothing "enormous" I guess. Just not made with 300K for sure haha.

On another note, why would I care for now, I don't have the PC to run it nor the money to upgrade mine, so...I'll stick to AC I guess :sly:

If checking the recommended specs I already wanting to upgrade the RTX3070 to an RTX5070(Ti) and I’m forced to exchange my WMR headset to an Quest3, so that will not be an issue. For the rest it’s no old cars/tracks, also no ACE.
If Kunos wanting to open for mods, I do hope for some minimal quality standards, do not know how to achieve this maybe by AI, as it seems, it’s being the solution to everything nowadays. :dunce:

Last edited:
no, I also took over the shift timing
Sorry, but no, you didn't add the new timing.
This is the timing in your latest download, which has Bruce Lee on amphetamines shifting with a one-inch punch:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=220
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=100
PRELOAD_RPM=10500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

And this is the revised timing and preload that I issued with the new driver posture and shifting animation, so that it looks correct:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=330
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=300
PRELOAD_RPM=20500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

It makes a BIG difference.

BTW, not a fan of the new aero settings, to me it makes the car oversteer far too easily. The original physics feel a lot more stable to me.

Last edited:
Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park v1.0

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_lucas_oil_raceway_28-5-124-20-8-17.jpg

Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (formerly Indianapolis Raceway Park, O'Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis, and Lucas Oil Raceway) is an auto racing facility in Brownsburg, Indiana, about 10 miles (16 km) northwest of downtown Indianapolis. (wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-Only Oval layout
-43 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Track by Team Tchacha
-I have tried to contact him but have not been able to. I thank him for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
Lights were taken from a previously converted Colorado 24.
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Denver Thurston.

"But I guess then the name of DISC_LF matters".
Yes, the name of the brake discs matters but as far as I know the important thing is that the name indicated in the brakes.ini file is identical to the one you chose for the meshes, regardless of what it is. But I can tell you that sometimes they don't work at all.

1st question: is that part of the car mapped?

2nd question: is that part of the car mapped correctly?

3rd question: is it under the same shader values as the body?

the third question is normally when things take a turn for the worst because if it has had different shader values attatched to it because its classed as glass you will never get it to look 100% correct in game. And in most cases it will look so "off" that you have to re think the entire thing.............

that's assuming it's been mapped at all and if so mapped correctly.

since i will switch to new hard drive soon, do u think it will be easy transfering all my ac data onto the new one? and it will also replace my current windows harddrive, which i will readd also. but i still have plenty of downloads for ac stuff on it, can i still access it/the downloads folder after switching to another harddrive?
Transferring your entire AC setup is easy, especially since your existing hard drive still works. There are only three folders you need to have everything the same on your new drive, unless of course you did any strange customizing to where things are located.

All you need to do is follow these simple steps. This assumes all drive letters will be the same.

1.) Get new drive setup with Windows installation.
2.) Install Steam and the base assettocorsa game from Steam. This is so Steam knows the game exists.
3.) Close Steam temporarily to avoid any conflicts. Delete the 'assettocorsa' folder that Steam creates and copy the 'assettocorsa' folder from your backup\original drive.
4.) Go to the Documents folder on your original drive and copy the 'Assetto Corsa' folder to the Documents folder on your new drive.
5.) Go to the C:\Users\'yourname'\appdata\local folder on your original drive. Copy the 'AcTools Content Manager' folder to the C:\Users\'yourname'\appdata\local folder on your new drive.
6.) Possibly optional. Depending on where you placed the Content Manger program file, you may also need to copy that folder to your new drive.
7.) Re-launch Steam and run AC once from Steam. Exit and enjoy AC again using Content Manager.

If you do everything correctly, you should have an exact duplicate of your current AC installation (mods, settings and all) on your new hard drive. I've done this at least three times in my AC lifespan and it works every time.

Last edited:
I recently did this

just install AC on to new setup via steam

then copy the whole contents AC folder over the newly installed AC folder

just had to tweak CM a little bit to get graphics way I wanted them

was easy

Transferring your entire AC setup is easy, especially since your existing hard drive still works. There are only three folders you need to have everything the same on your new drive, unless of course you did any strange customizing to where things are located.

All you need to do is follow these simple steps. This assumes all drive letters will be the same.

2.) Install Steam and the base assettocorsa game from Steam. This is so Steam knows the game exists.
3.) Close Steam temporarily to avoid any conflicts. Delete the 'assettocorsa' folder that Steam creates and copy the 'assettocorsa' folder from your backup\original drive.
4.) Go to the Documents folder on your original drive and copy the 'Assetto Corsa' folder to the Documents folder on your new drive.
5.) Go to the C:\Users\'yourname'\appdata\local folder on your original drive. Copy the 'ACContentManager' folder to the C:\Users\'yourname'\appdata\local folder on your new drive. I may have that folder name (ACContentManager) wrong because i'm not in front of my racing rig at the moment to verify it. But it will be obvious which folder it is. I know it starts with AC.
6.) Possibly optional. Depending on where you placed the Content Manger program file, you may also need to copy that folder to your new drive.
7.) Re-launch Steam and enjoy AC again.

If you do everything correctly, you should have an exact duplicate of your current AC installation (mods, settings and all) on your new hard drive. I've done this at least three time in my AC lifespan and it works every time.
I have done it just this way to transfer AC to my new build High End PC (in preparation for ACE :D) 2 weeks ago and AC works without a problem. The only thing you must do, if you transfer AC to a new PC or drive with fresh installed windows, start AC once via steam without Content Manager. Steam will then install some additional stuff, AC needs to run.

I have done it just this way to transfer AC to my new build High End PC (in preparation for ACE :D) 2 weeks ago and AC works without a problem. The only thing you must do, if you transfer AC to a new PC or drive with fresh installed windows, start AC once via steam without Content Manager. Steam will then install some additional stuff, AC needs to run.
Oops. I forgot about that step. Better go update my instructions. Thanks for the reminder.

5.) Go to the C:\Users\'yourname'\appdata\local folder on your original drive. Copy the 'AcTools Content Manager' folder to the C:\Users\'yourname'\appdata\local folder on your new drive.
7.) Re-launch Steam and run AC once from Steam. Exit and enjoy AC again using Content Manager.

If you do everything correctly, you should have an exact duplicate of your current AC installation (mods, settings and all) on your new hard drive. I've done this at least three times in my AC lifespan and it works every time.
quick question, can i still access the "local appdata" after installing the new harddrive?

quick question, can i still access the "local appdata" after installing the new harddrive?

Yes you can but you will need to 'take ownership' of the folder first to be able to do so. - https://www.revouninstaller.com/user-tutorials/install-and-remove-take-ownership/ Download the 'InstallTakeOwnership' registry file and it will add Take Ownership in the right click menu, makes life much easier than messing with the folder permissions. When I do a clean OS install (usually every 6 months or so) this is the first thing I install.
You will then need to go to the Users folder on the old hard drive, then right click on your username and use the take ownership option. A command prompt window will open and show it changing the folder permissions. You will probably need to do this for each main directory in the user folder that you want to access.

Yes you can but you will need to 'take ownership' of the folder first to be able to do so. - https://www.revouninstaller.com/user-tutorials/install-and-remove-take-ownership/ Download the 'InstallTakeOwnership' registry file and it will add Take Ownership in the right click menu, makes life much easier than messing with the folder permissions. When I do a clean OS install (usually every 6 months or so) this is the first thing I install.
You will then need to go to the Users folder on the old hard drive, then right click on your username and use the take ownership option. A command prompt window will open and show it changing the folder permissions. You will probably need to do this for each main directory in the user folder that you want to access.
can i dm u about further questions?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back