Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,067 comments
oh, i see. i thought that the like someone gave at my question at first was a yes and i found a modded version of that car with a very nice interior. i will post some screenshots later
I have that version (if it is the same) but the interior is nowhere near to how it could/should be, it’s basic to say the least.

Question for the car mod guys. I'm having a little fun following a video about swapping car physics from one car to another. No real reason i'm doing it. I just wanted to try something different. Most of the cars i've done it for worked fine except for one of them and i'm not sure what to do.

The car doesn't turn or struggles to turn. The wheel animation is fine and reacts to turning my wheel, but the car itself doesn't turn. You can feel it wants to turn but the tyres squeal like i'm in a slide and it sort of feels in my hands like I have an opposite force resisting the turn (if that makes any sense). Almost like i'm turning left but the car thinks i'm turning right despite the wheel animation going in the correct direction.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this? It's no big deal if no one knows because the car isn't anything I plan to use. I'm just trying to teach myself something new.

Last edited:
I was wondering - is there any point to having DRS in AC, if all cars can use it all the time?
Are there any apps, tweaks or hacks, that can enable authentic DRS detection and activation?

I drove down that same stretch over and over and could not duplicate what you posted in your animated gif. I could duplicate the light flickering all over the track that everyone else mentioned and that is what my fix was intended for. Personally, I don't think my lights mod has anything to do with what you are seeing, but I could be wrong.
I am checking by disabling various CSP extensions but I still can't find the cause of this flickering.

I was wondering - is there any point to having DRS in AC, if all cars can use it all the time?
Are there any apps, tweaks or hacks, that can enable authentic DRS detection and activation?

Hi, I'm pleased to announce the public release of my 2nd track, Grand Valley Speedway for Assetto Corsa.
36 pits, Decent AI, Grass and Rain fx, 4 layouts (complete, east and their respective backs)
You can download it right now for free on my patreon (pinned post), link in the video description.
By the way, next Sunday I'll be doing an online track day, I haven't decided the time but I'll soon announce it on patreon along with the details (obviously free post), so if you want to participate stay tuned.
If you like what I do and want to support me you can subscribe to some of the levels and get benefits like early access to tracks in development, voting on the next track, or billboards with your names/logos.
Finally here is the video:

Finally a proper Grand Valley Speedway :)

I don't think i've understood your problem to be honest. About what has been removed i don't know, my config is a work made in collab with others, so maybe something has been changed since i did it. My original file is still as i made it (and updated accordingly to the update done by RJ)
I don't have an answer to your loading question. Honestly, I haven't used the CSP config since I made the initial version of my mod in 2022. And i've never had an issue with the track looking incorrect until I change the date. I guess I could disable my mod and try it the old CSP way and see what happens just to help you figure out what might be wrong.

I would like to comment on something you mentioned above about all the conditions being wrong. I wouldn't say 'wrong' is the right way to term it. Just more of a difference in opinions on how things should look. For instance, i've seen some CSP configs that turn the grass or pine trees orange in the fall. Maybe there are places in the world where that happens, but i've never seen it. So to me it's wrong, but is it really wrong or just something i've never experienced where I live in the US.
Thanks for your replies, gents!

Let me try to explain, as it seems I wasn't able to properly explain the 'problem' before. (Thanks for pointing out that the use of the word 'wrong' is not the wisest choice and it should have been in brackets)
I understand that almost everything about this game is ultimately a matter of preference and one cannot argue personal taste.
But, I hope you agree that the colours in the first screenshot I included in my first post are 'off', the grass is almost fluorescent and the trees have a weird white shade around them. The second picture is how I think it was meant to look. Colours like (almost) all tracks (and their additional 'aftermarket' skins and configs made by community members like yourselves, thanks for all that work!).

I use the latest CSP (although this 'problem' has been bugging me since I started with AC & CSP 3 years ago), in settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Tracks configs the option to 'Install automagically' is set to true. So the game downloads the following config from Github: https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...lob/master/config/tracks/ks_red_bull_ring.ini

This (original) config with versionnumber 2.7 is made by Benner900, atrip3, Peter Boese & gunnar333 and is dated 24/11/2022.
Lines 701 to 876 contain MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT's for the condition SEASON_SUMMER set in line 677. When I investigated my issue yesterday I found that commenting out these adjustments made the track look like how I think it should look.

Because I'm absolutely sure that the authors of this config know what they are doing, I said "Surely, I am mistaken here. It can't be that all the conditions are wrong :confused:"

Then I wanted to see if the conditions for the autumn and winter were 'wrong' too. I used Pure Planner to quickly change the months. And to my amazement, as soon as I add one month, the texture's / colours are what I think they were meant to be. So something goes 'wrong' on the initial loading but is 'fixed' when Pure (re)loads its parameters.

I saw that the @CrisT86 / @racinjoe013 (communal effort) config is based on the 2.6 version of the Github config, but is dated 24/11/2022 as well. This one does not have any MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT's for the condition SEASON_SUMMER. And that's why with that skin/config the session loads the right colours immediately. I guess...

DISCLAIMER: The above ramblings are made by an enthousiastic idiot who has no understanding of the inner workings of AC, CSP, Pure, skins or configs. I just wanted the Red Bull Ring to look as good as all the other tracks available.
Thanks for your work. Appreciated :cheers:

Welcome aboard 👋
Thanks!

There are some tracks by kunos, which have too bright textures for the "new graphics". You can use the AC colors corrections pack from the Sol/Pure discord Server, or like already mentioned, you use texture skins from other modders.

I removed the the shader adjustments in the community config. Because it is just better for this track and all other tracks, that the changes are made on the texture. So the idea behind is:
The original texture already has too much sunlight baked into. But this is not good if we try to put a realistic sunlight additional to it. So we edit the textures and trying to substract the baked sunlight.
Wow, Thanks very, very much for your reply @Peter Boese!

I'm sorry, I was not aware that there was another AC colour corrections pack available on Discord (there's so many places to look for stuff)
I had the old 20200413 pack, but with this new 20220102 pack my issue is solved!

Can I take the oppurtunity to express how deeply thankful I am of your work with SOL, Pure and the new thing coming up. Absolutely brilljant work! 👍

Last edited:
DISC_LF=g_Disc_LF
DISC_RF=g_Disc_RF
DISC_LR=g_Disc_LR
DISC_RR=g_Disc_RR
FRONT_MAX_GLOW=60.0
REAR_MAX_GLOW=29.0
LAG_HOT=0.985
LAG_COOL=0.965

But I guess then the name of DISC_LF matters, i'll rename all those disc to match up with the data files (and for the lods too sigh)
I guess naming the object DISC_LF is a no go too?

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?
This can happen if there is an incorrect value in car.ini in the line
STEER_RATIO=
For some cars, positive STEER_RATIO values are relevant, for others - negative. in other words, if there is a problem, simply add a minus (-) in front of the given value, or vice versa, remove it.

I guess naming the object DISC_LF is a no go too?
we take the names of objects from here
Desktop Screenshot 2024.07.02 - 20.34.59.44.jpg

Because if not and that I have to change the disc name for all cars it'll be a big pain
Naturally, there is no need to change the names of objects in kn5! we just take the names of the objects of each disk (shown in the screenshot) and write them in brakes.ini
to lines
DISC_LF=
DISC_RF=
DISC_LR=
DISC_RR=

Naturally, there is no need to change the names of objects in kn5! we just take the names of the objects of each disk (shown in the screenshot) and write them in brakes.ini
to lines
DISC_LF=
DISC_RF=
DISC_LR=
DISC_RR=
no i don't think you understand.

The name of the disc is DISC_LF

so DISC_LF=DISC_LF ?

Last edited:
This can happen if there is an incorrect value in car.ini in the line
STEER_RATIO=
For some cars, positive STEER_RATIO values are relevant, for others - negative. in other words, if there is a problem, simply add a minus (-) in front of the given value, or vice versa, remove it.
Thanks. Will give that a try.

so DISC_LF=DISC_LF ?
I understand everything, yes, enter DISC_LF if this is your object name for the disk.
here is an example with Lotus from my screenshot from the first post, there is the name of the object DISCBRAKE_LF_mesh, this is the name we write in DISC_LF=
[DISCS_GRAPHICS]
DISC_LF=DISCBRAKE_LF_mesh
DISC_RF=DISCBRAKE_RF_mesh
DISC_LR=DISCBRAKE_LR_mesh
DISC_RR=DISCBRAKE_RR_mesh

You know which GT tracks to AC would be cool ? Cape Ring / Circuito de la Sierra / Circuito de Madrid / Circuito di Roma / London / Matterhorn.

The often forgotten tracks. But that's just wishful thinking
Being a Londoner, having an accurate version of that Piccadilly Circus/Shaftesbury Avenue/Charing Cross Road/Trafalgar Square/Haymarket area has been a dream of mine for many years.
The Grid versions are very fictional.

I think there's a conversion of Eiger Nordwand out there. I already have Tsukuba and Tokyo R246 GT Sport conversions.

Last edited:

so DISC_LF=DISC_LF ?
In theory there shouldn't be any problems, after all it's an equation. DISC_AB (generic, replace AB with any position) is the keyword that makes Assetto Corsa understand that it is a brake disc and must behave in a certain way. Anything equal to DISC_AB is valid, even DISC_AB.

So if you choose DISC_LF as the name of your left front brake disc, AC will understand that DISC_LF is the mesh relating to the left front disc to be associated with the DISC_LF keyword.

Last edited:
I just installed the new Pure 1.40 and did a comparison to the default linear mode.
For me personally, the greenery in the defalut LCS version looks more realistic, especially the penetration of light between the leaves. Overall, for my eyes, image is more crisp. Am I the only one who notices this?
Peter, what makes this difference?

1. standard Pure + pure PP
2. linear Pure + pureLinear PP
3. default LCS + Vision Reality LCS 1.0 PP
4. default LCS + pureLinear PP

Attachments

• LINEAR.png
    LINEAR.png
    291.5 KB · Views: 2
I just installed the new Pure 1.40 and did a comparison to the default linear mode.
For me personally, the greenery in the defalut LCS version looks more realistic, especially the penetration of light between the leaves. Overall, for my eyes, image is more crisp. Am I the only one who notices this?
Peter, what makes this difference?

1. standard Pure + pure PP
2. linear Pure + pureLinear PP
3. default LCS + Vision Reality LCS 1.0 PP
4. default LCS + pureLinear PP
With the new Pure LCS 0.4 please just use the "pure" or "purerCandy" ppfilter! "pureLinear" is just a ppfilter for Pure Gamma and will just use the standard script in Pure LCS.

Actually the default wfx has a problem. Its fog setting always produce a blue tint on the picture and this mixes with the sunlight to green. So if you like this you can adjust the "distant fog exponent" to 0.5 in Pure Config app "Fog" tab.

But i don't think this is right and why should there be a green overall tint. I calibrated Pure Gamma and Pure LCS to produce neutral pictures with a histogram and thats my attempt to build a very precise and neutral base for modders. If someone like a tint or overall behavior, he can build a ppfilter mod which does this.

this is the default wfx:
1719949561790.png

This is Pure LCS
1719949601714.png

Both with the same filter

Last edited:
In theory there shouldn't be any problems, after all it's an equation. DISC_AB (generic, replace AB with any position) is the keyword that makes Assetto Corsa understand that it is a brake disc and must behave in a certain way. Anything equal to DISC_AB is valid, even DISC_AB.

So if you choose DISC_LF as the name of your left front brake disc, AC will understand that DISC_LF is the mesh relating to the left front disc to be associated with the DISC_LF keyword.
well i guess it doesn't because it's not glowing under heavy braking. I'll try with another name

Hi, I'm pleased to announce the public release of my 2nd track, Grand Valley Speedway for Assetto Corsa.
36 pits, Decent AI, Grass and Rain fx, 4 layouts (complete, east and their respective backs)
You can download it right now for free on my patreon (pinned post), link in the video description.
By the way, next Sunday I'll be doing an online track day, I haven't decided the time but I'll soon announce it on patreon along with the details (obviously free post), so if you want to participate stay tuned.
If you like what I do and want to support me you can subscribe to some of the levels and get benefits like early access to tracks in development, voting on the next track, or billboards with your names/logos.
Finally here is the video:

Awesome job!
I added a few things to your preview version to add a bit of life which should also work on v1.1.
From memory: new crowd textures, animated flag-waving spectators (with GT-themed flags), animated blimp, helicopters, GT-themed balloons, crowd/pits audio, fence/tree configs.
I can post it if you want and you can grab anything you might want for v1.1?

X90
Sardegna.

65190285_10162023939915048_4690013598997544960_n.jpg
Indeed.
Plus Alsace and Kyoto.
All three done to the same standard as Lago Maggiore and St Croix would be very worthwhile additions.

so DISC_LF=DISC_LF ?
That shouldn't make any trouble, you could read it as DISC_LF.null and DISC_LF.mesh, even if the name is the same, the "extension" and purpose is not, so the software doesn't read it in the same way.
Maybe try to change the mesh's name for just one car first and see if that does change something, for exemple with the same reference name as Kunos (doesn't remember what is it, probably somewhere in the car guideline)

Upper/lower case is important, also. Already did this mistake myself too. My worst one was brakedisc_LF instead of brakedisk_LF. Felt veeery stupid for a minute.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back