Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,077 comments
Need some help troubleshooting a problem with the V8SCorsa mustang: a flickering shadow on the inside of the windscreen decal.

I've tried toggling various shadow categories in CSP settings without any luck, however since I don't get this problem with any other car I suspect its a problem with the mod rather than my settings.

Posting for posterity if anyone else is looking for the solution:

From the Content Manager preview, move the camera inside the car and click the windscreen banner decal, toggle transparent to YES & save.

Attachments

• Content_Manager_YPcRD3VSWx.png
    Content_Manager_YPcRD3VSWx.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 2
Couple of people asked me about Istanbul Park so I threw some stuff together quickly just to see what was possible. Don't judge too harshly, it's just a start. Things I tried so far were a new grass texture setup, a vao patch to help with the look of the trees and tree shadows and I added some trees on the outskirts to get rid of that dead space look. Still a long way to go because the track has a number of small problems that need looked at.

Sorry for the poor quality pics. I'm not good at resizing images without losing quality.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

I'm having the same problem and I've tried everything to try and get the app to work. I've uninstalled it and redownloaded, manual install, CSP 2.4 preview, CSP 2.3, different types of cars, different types of tracks, enabled all extended physics in CSP settings and the extended physics on the race now screen in CM. I even tried old versions of the app, from 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8. Also tried starting the AI on different compounds, pitting them on different laps, ect. Nothing I do seems to work for me.
The problem is that for the first time since the start of the year Nuzzi seems out of the project... it's been nearly a month since his last post and he also doesn't answer to my private message on Patreon... let's hope he's on a holiday and that he will comeback 'cause this app is one of the best thing ever happened to this game, it can't be left like this :(

Dumb question... Where in CM is LCS located? I just went line by line and cannot see it. Running 0.2.3. I saw it before, but my eyes cannot see it now!

Edit: Because I had the Pure LCS under weather style selected, the LCS option disappears. It shows under the default weather style when selected.

Last edited:
Posting for posterity if anyone else is looking for the solution:

From the Content Manager preview, move the camera inside the car and click the windscreen banner decal, toggle transparent to YES & save.
Funny you should mention that pack and window issues. For as long as I've had them, the interior windows for the Falcon are all pixelated. Tried doing things like you posted (dirt FX off, hiding layers, transparency toggled), before and just again now, but can't seem to hide the layer obscuring the windows (different issue and car than you were facing). Just the Falcon too. Maybe someone has a fix for this issue? If you zoom in on the photos you can see the pixelation pattern.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 225135.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-02 225124.jpg

Last edited:
Had a chance to try the new Pure LCS tonight and for those with a similar use case to mine, I'd recommend sticking to Gamma for now (latest version is fine).

EDIT: I am an idiot, and didn't read the first page of the Pure Config app. FidelityFX CAS is incompatible with Linear Color Space. Disabling it, either through CSP settings or the Pure Config page, will fix the washed-out image.

Cheers to Peter for calling me out.

Last edited:
X90
Had a chance to try the new Pure LCS tonight and for those with a similar use case to mine, I'd recommend sticking to Gamma for now (latest version is fine).

I'm on an HDR10 panel (LG OLED) and LCS produces a very washed out image at the moment. I have all the HDR bells and whistles enabled in the DXGI panel of CSP, and enabled Pure LCS in WeatherFX. I think Peter mentioned somewhere above that only Pure and Pure Candy PPFs are currently supported with 0.4, but I tried both of those as well as AEGIS and PureHDR and pretty much everything looks unnaturally bright and strange. Going back to Pure Gamma in the Weather Controller fixed everything right up (with AEGIS or PureHDR) and had the proper HDR tone mapping again.

So I'm sticking with this version of Gamma for the immediate and medium-term future, and I'd recommend all others on true HDR10 panels do the same. Very interested to check in on LCS as time passes, but it looks like for my specific use case it's a no go for now.

No worries, I've read the documentation and understand its advantages, and further understand the annoying undertaking a Pure re-write for it is. Thanks again to Peter for this essential graphics mod.

One more note/question on this post - I've tried for a while to force Pure lighting on in online races, whether hosted by myself or in leagues or pubs. It always either defaults to an ancient version of Sol or nothing at all. Is the controller for Pure server side, and if so, how can I enable it in AC Server Manager? Cheers to anyone who may know.
Something is not properly set then! It should look like in Pure Gamma! Could you make a screenshot in HDR with opened Pure Config app "PP" tab and activate the tonemapping curve debug:

This is the "pure" ppfilter in automatic HDR mode
1719983768216.png

Did you play with the photorealistic slider already?
You can also try to lower the Scene brightness in the Scene tab.

Dumb question... Where in CM is LCS located? I just went line by line and cannot see it. Running 0.2.3. I saw it before, but my eyes cannot see it now!

Edit: Because I had the Pure LCS under weather style selected, the LCS option disappears. It shows under the default weather style when selected.
With the new Pure 1.40 you don't have an option to set LCS. Pure Gamma 1.0 only uses the Gamma shaders and Pure LCS 0.4 only uses the LCS shaders. Both weather styles set the needed CSP shaders automatically in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is not properly set then! It should look like in Pure Gamma! Could you make a screenshot in HDR with opened Pure Config app "PP" tab and activate the tonemapping curve debug:

View attachment 1369554
I was fairly thorough, but I'll have a look and get back to you.

View attachment 1369554
You can also try to lower the Scene brightness in the Scene tab.
And you are correct! I have besmirched your good name!

In my initial rush to go to the PP filter settings and sliders that you mentioned in your previous post, I merely skimmed the first page of Pure Config. If I had read it fully like I just did, I would have discovered that it says that FidelityFX CAS (which I use a bit of to clean up my image) is incompatible with LCS.

I've disabled it, and everything seems to work now - the differences are far more subtle between LCS and Gamma. I'll play around with the sliders to try and achieve a photorealistic image. At the moment, my debug graph does indeed look much like yours.

Sorry for the trouble! I've edited my first post to state my error.

Last edited:
hi, i have a questin, i will simulate the 1998 or 1999 lemans 24h, i see a video with grid preset, but the AI it's very stupid in some corner and the BoP it's wrong, exist a mod with this bug fix?? thanks!
I only know of the Le Mans Project guys doing 1997 (https://acracemods.wordpress.com/2023/08/18/1997-24-hours-of-le-mans/) and doesn't seem like any talk on their discord of doing the later ones. I know from having put together some cars with a friend that there are huge variations in the cars that are available that would suit those seasons. And its a pity because they are 2 great years of Le Mans.

Only chance of a proper BOP grid is to be set on using X cars only. There are many examples of the BMW V12, Mercedes CLK and McLaren F1s out there so there is a lot of work that would need to be done on them.

X90
I was fairly thorough, but I'll have a look and get back to you.

And you are correct! I have besmirched your good name!

In my initial rush to go to the PP filter settings and sliders that you mentioned in your previous post, I merely skimmed the first page of Pure Config. If I had read it fully like I just did, I would have discovered that it says that FidelityFX CAS (which I use a bit of to clean up my image) is incompatible with LCS.

I've disabled it, and everything seems to work now - the differences are far more subtle between LCS and Gamma. I'll play around with the sliders to try and achieve a photorealistic image. At the moment, my debug graph does indeed look much like yours.

Sorry for the trouble! I've edited my first post to state my error.
No problem! CSP LCS still has bugs and so there will be such things. I'm glad you got it managed! Have fun and a feedback is always welcome!

The only problem with CAS right now is, it clamps values to 0.0 - 1.0 and thats why it can't really do HDR ranges. But i guess this is just a simple line of code where a "saturate()" is used and so it will be fixed in the next CSP version. It is already reported...

Last edited:
I was wondering - is there any point to having DRS in AC, if all cars can use it all the time?
Are there any apps, tweaks or hacks, that can enable authentic DRS detection and activation?
Offline I dont know, for multiplayer racing you can use the Real Penalty Server plugin, which penalizes players using DRS outside the given DRS zones.

Someone's working on it...
Yep, I follow the topic with interest, but I have almost no hope that the miracle will happen and they will publish the track, which, by the way, looks promising in that video.

Sometimes I imagine that this mod is like a valuable stolen work of art that only the white-collar thief can enjoy, in the privacy of his ancestral castle, sipping a glass of Courvoisier... I hope he spills his cognac all over his computer...

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience of making their own driver models based off this Blender model? https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bone-animation-rig-blender.34594/

Or know of a better one or way to do it?

I can set the driver up, export to kseditor where it does weird things with the materials, but animation works (just the standard steering one for now), but in CM Showroom the steering animation doesn't want to work (yes I've replaced the one in the animation folder). Just wondering if someone has tips or tricks to how to do it from Blender, or a better method.

well i guess it doesn't because it's not glowing under heavy braking. I'll try with another name
Does this help in any way?

well i guess it doesn't because it's not glowing under heavy braking. I'll try with another name
That shouldn't make any trouble, you could read it as DISC_LF.null and DISC_LF.mesh, even if the name is the same, the "extension" and purpose is not, so the software doesn't read it in the same way.
Maybe try to change the mesh's name for just one car first and see if that does change something, for exemple with the same reference name as Kunos (doesn't remember what is it, probably somewhere in the car guideline)

Upper/lower case is important, also. Already did this mistake myself too. My worst one was brakedisc_LF instead of brakedisk_LF. Felt veeery stupid for a minute.
As Alguecool also said there should be no problems. Follow his suggestion and if it doesn't work, let us know so we can figure out what's wrong. Just to be sure, in the ksEditor check if the shader works. Select the brake disc material, look for the "glowlevel" parameter (or something similar) and give it a value (in my case I chose 100 as the value). If the disk glows, then it means that the problem is not in the shader section (obviously reset the value to 0 before saving, it's just a test).

But remember: sometimes they don't want to work at all. 😂

1720007650383.png

Last edited:
Yep, I follow the topic with interest, but I have almost no hope that the miracle will happen and they will publish the track, which, by the way, looks promising in that video.

Sometimes I imagine that this mod is like a valuable stolen work of art that only the white-collar thief can enjoy, in the privacy of his ancestral castle, sipping a glass of Courvoisier... I hope he spills his cognac all over his computer...
It is completely incomprehensible to me why the modder does not provide information. I've seen a post from him about this a long time ago, so he's a registered user. So many people are waiting for this - here in the Carpathian Basin, in Hungary, it's fitting that when they address me, we respond... by the way, I already asked for the Gran Turismo base files here, someone made a promise, but then I think they forgot, because nothing new happened in the matter...

The problem is that for the first time since the start of the year Nuzzi seems out of the project... it's been nearly a month since his last post and he also doesn't answer to my private message on Patreon... let's hope he's on a holiday and that he will comeback 'cause this app is one of the best thing ever happened to this game, it can't be left like this :(
I got Nuzzis Pit App working. For me it was confligting lua app, CRF Config App. I disapled the app and pit stops work again!

Does anyone find it super odd that there doesn't seem to be any skins or skin packs floating around for the URD Radical SR10 XXR? I see plenty of SR3 XXR packs and tbf, it's free, but it's not like URD paid mods aren't an established thing

Last edited:
I have several extracted Kyoto files, but could never get them to load in an editor, from old GameModels.ru
Also have the same for GTS Tokyo Expressway East/West.

Serious inqueries only.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back