Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,652 comments
how do I preserve all my mods and CSP settings over to a brand new install of AC?

I was faced with the same question as you, but in the end it was very simple, at least that's how I did it, copy the "AcTools Content Manager" folder under C:\Users\######\AppData\Local in case something goes wrong and make a backup from it and the C:\Users\#######\Documents\Assetto Corsa folder, you never want to lose these folders, believe me.

(I never tried this method) Method 1:

Go to steam > library > assetto corsa > click the little gear on the side > Properties > Installed files > Move install folder, and this will move everything including installed mods. If you are using Content manager you will have to change the directory the next time you start it. It should come up with an error message.

(i took this method):

Transferring mods with copy/paste, but i can take some time to the new SSD/HDD (the whole content directory), then uninstall AC and then have Steam reinstall it to the new SSD/HDD and copy all mods into the new installed game.

Content Manager settings etc. won't be affected since they're in Appdata>Local>AcTools Content Manager, but if you have to reinstall windows you will have to change the directory the next time you start it with the fresh downloaded Content manager and remember to copy your CM backup into C:\Users\######\AppData\Local

In my opinion, the AcTools Content Manager directory is the most important one besides all the mods, all the settings can be found there.

Unfortunately I had to re-compress everything with content manager, that had been compressed, which took a really long time if you have a new HDD/SSD (8 hours+, 3300cars and 160 tracks)

Last edited:
how do I preserve all my mods and CSP settings over to a brand new install of AC?
When I switched to another PC, I basically installed vanilla AC first, then Content Manager and CSP. I ran the game once through CM, then exit. Then I copied the following folders over from the old PC:

C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager

C:\Users\(your username)\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

It took a while to copy but once completed, everything worked just like before on the new PC.

Last edited:
I was faced with the same question as you, but in the end it was very simple, at least that's how I did it, copy the "AcTools Content Manager" folder under C:\Users\######\AppData\Local in case something goes wrong and make a backup from it and the C:\Users\#######\Documents\Assetto Corsa folder, you never want to lose these folders, believe me.

(I never tried this method) Method 1:

Go to steam > library > assetto corsa > click the little gear on the side > Properties > Installed files > Move install folder, and this will move everything including installed mods. If you are using Content manager you will have to change the directory the next time you start it. It should come up with an error message.

(i took this method):

Transferring mods with copy/paste, but i can take some time to the new SSD/HDD (the whole content directory), then uninstall AC and then have Steam reinstall it to the new SSD/HDD and copy all mods into the new installed game.

Content Manager settings etc. won't be affected since they're in Appdata>Local>AcTools Content Manager, but if you have to reinstall windows you will have to change the directory the next time you start it with the fresh downloaded Content manager and remember to copy your CM backup into C:\Users\######\AppData\Local

In my opinion, the AcTools Content Manager directory is the most important one besides all the mods, all the settings can be found there.

Unfortunately I had to re-compress everything with content manager, that had been compressed, which took a really long time if you have a new HDD/SSD (8 hours+, 3300cars and 160 tracks)
feel u, my compressing took around 2 days. but now finally my ac is almost "perfect" but i still have to check so many small things.
yesterday i thought for a small moment that i didnt copied my texture folder but i did it

i had a clooser look today on my porsche 991 collection, they are fine but i now i see 2 displays in the kunos turbo s. i only wanna have the original media unit from porsche and not the android auto one. i looked at the config, but didnt found something. does someone here can help me fixing it?

Attachments

• Bild_2024-07-08_230002663.png
    Bild_2024-07-08_230002663.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Screenshot_f302_nissan_silvia_rm_spec_trial_mountain_alpha_8-6-124-23-5-2.jpg
    Screenshot_f302_nissan_silvia_rm_spec_trial_mountain_alpha_8-6-124-23-5-2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_f302_nissan_silvia_rm_spec_trial_mountain_alpha_8-6-124-23-6-23.jpg
    Screenshot_f302_nissan_silvia_rm_spec_trial_mountain_alpha_8-6-124-23-6-23.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Nissan R91CP Version 1.0 (not Dan's mod)
CSP is importantly needed
Download link: https://mega.nz/file/wUMRAKKI#gwXGGbmNVWpauwP7hXFiaiNzEWHMG3owXXgVbapJ0e8
3D: turn 10 (fm7)
3D work: ltk (me)
calculated AO with body is 2K, 1k for everything
worked light
worked animation
new sound
important: if anyone here want to improve the skin, pm me in discord or in gtplanet
discord: https://discord.gg/kDZd8rX
my discord account: Lu_Thua_Kien#6665View attachment 938858 View attachment 938859 View attachment 938860
Hi Guys,
Probably a long shot but would anyone know a way to get this version of the R91CP?
Unfortunately both the car and Lu_Thua_Kien seemto have vanished from the face of the Internet :(

Thanks

Istanbul Park 2021

Istanbul Park 2021

I completed most of my updates for the istanbul_park track done by Enver Bozkaya (SRTR), ACU, OSRW & the AC Reboot Team. All credit for the track go to those guys, not me. I had intended it to be a mod for the original track, but the list of changes grew bigger than expected so I decided to keep it a standalone track. I know some people hate that and some like it, but I think it was necessary.

I do intend to keep tweaking things moving forward, but I think the track is in a good enough place now for people to enjoy. I would still like to get a better look for the inner grass and I have to figure out a better setup for the main straight windows. I'd like them to be transparent, but can't seem to figure out why they are so dark.

If you are using any of my past test versions, please delete the old track folder first.

List of changes from the past test versions:

-- Changed the track name to Istanbul Park 2021 since I based a lot of my changes around an F1 2021 video.
-- Grass tweaks, still not where I want it.
-- Time of day and lap number displays for the start gantry.
-- A few more trees added to dead space areas.
-- Fixed a reversed sponsor banner on one of the bridges. Let me know if I missed any other ones please.
-- Collision physics to some of the tyrewalls that were missing them.
-- Support for Pyyer's F1 Classics and Bring it Back extensions. Please read the included Directions text file so you know how to install what's needed for his extensions. It's pretty simple. Install my track. Install his extensions into my track folder. Install the contents of the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite when it asks. I tested each extension and didn't see any issues, but please let me know if I screwed up any of them.

As always, feedback for improvements is welcome as well as pointing out any mistakes I made.
A couple of small house cleaning updates. There is no need to download the whole track again. Just use the update link below and overwrite anything it asks. If you have installed all of the Istanbul Pyyer extensions into this track as per my instructions, also make sure to extract the updated files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder.

rj_istanbul_park updates

List of changes so you know if it's worth updating:

-- I added three config alternatives to have the grass and trees get progressively lighter. You can rename the files if you would prefer one of the other three options.
-- I added an alternative display lua file that replaces the seconds with the temperature instead. When using a time multiplier, it looked kind of weird with the seconds ticking by that fast. Just rename the display_with_temp.lua file to display.lua to use it instead.
-- I fixed a z-fighting banner on the end of the main straight grandstands that was only an issue with the base tracks. Pyyer's extensions hide the banner so most people probably didn't notice it.
-- Fixed the uv mapping on the reverse side of one of the late lap ad bridges\structures.
-- New transition texture for the blue sand on the F1 2005 layout.
-- New sidelines for the GP layout's ai file. You may need to rename the ai_hints file in the data folder so it's not used anymore. You can test it first and if it doesn't work right, then rename the hints file. If you like the new ai on the GP layout, you can copy it to any of the F1 layouts and see how it works. Again, you may need to rename the ai_hints file or it might not work the same.
-- I prefer the kerb cones as non-moveable objects, so by default they are pass thru objects. If you prefer them to be moveable, I added a track skin named MoveableKerbCones that you can enable so they move again.

Also, if you like to use the Skin 03 - TPS (TOSFED Turkish Touring Car Championship) track skin, download the attached .zip file and replace the existing file in that folder. You will also want to delete the ist_start_gantry_a_d.dds file from the same folder or the live time of day and lap counter won't show properly. It puts a sponsor logo over that area of the start gantry.

All of these changes are included in the full track download if you ever need to get the track again.

Attachments

• ist_grandstand_a01_d.zip
    148.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm having troubles with the ai on singapore_2023, pyyer extension, on the new straight the ai will crash into the right wall. Is there a fix for this?

Hello everyone, first tests on Paul Ricard for the Jidé today! Still a lot of work, I hope to be able to offer this kit car from the 70s to those who are interested soon!
I can't wait for this one ! It looks amazing 😍. Thanks for these great news :cheers:

Last edited:
A couple of small house cleaning updates and a question.

There is no need to download the whole track again. Just use the update link below and overwrite anything it asks. If you have installed all of the Istanbul Pyyer extensions into this track as per my instructions, also make sure to extract the updated files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder.

rj_istanbul_park updates

List of changes so you know if it's worth updating:

-- I added two config alternatives to have the grass and trees lighter or darker. You can rename the files if you would prefer one of the two options.
-- I added an alternative display lua file that replaces the seconds with the temperature instead. When using a time multiplier, it looked kind of weird with the seconds ticking by that fast. Just rename the display_with_Temp.lua file to display.lua to use it instead.
-- I fixed a z-fighting banner on the end of the main straight grandstands that was only an issue with the base tracks. Pyyer's extensions hide the banner so most people probably didn't notice it.
-- Fixed the uv mapping on the reverse side of one of the late lap ad bridges\structures.

Also, if you like to use the Skin 03 - TPS (TOSFED Turkish Touring Car Championship) track skin, download the attached .zip file and replace the existing file in that folder. You will also want to delete the ist_start_gantry_a_d.dds file from the same folder or the live time of day and lap counter won't show properly. It puts a sponsor logo over that area of the start gantry.

All of these changes are included in the full track download if you ever need to get the track again.

Now for the question. A few of the kerbs have moveable cones that i'm finding get pushed into the middle of the road quite a lot during a race. Would most people prefer to leave them movable or make them static and just have cars pass through them?
I like the movable cones...too... :)

... Would most people prefer to leave them movable or make them static and just have cars pass through them?
I like the movable cones...
I like the movable cones...too... :)
And me too. And moving poles, tire piles, hay bales, brake markers, etc... For me it's essential to achieve realism and yes, they consume a lot of resources, but there is always the possibility of including files with both options, movable and not movable.

And one detail, it's possible to configure moving objects so that they do not slide forever when hit?
"beyond the wheel" is my favorite song of them
And what about "Cochise" of Audioslave? Or their entire first album, wow...

shi
Tamiami Park v1.1
View attachment 1247699
A temporary street circuit in Tamiami Park a small outdoor sports facility in the nearby suburb of University Park. (Florida, USA) (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by AR rFactor Tracks
-Thank you for giving me permission.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
.lua and font by @gunnar333
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @slider666

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Gavin Stewart.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed an issue where cut penalties were being detected in the final corner.
-Renamed the font.
-Updated ai_hints.ini
(Thanks for the report, Manstein1111 and FFF789.)
-Updated ext_config.ini.
(Thanks for the report, slider666.)
-Added cam by DaBaeda.

v1.1 changelog;
-Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
-Fixed semaphore.ini.
-Fixed trees mapping.
-Fixed guardrails that was double-sided. (Guardrails are no longer sticky.)
-Deleted ai_hints.ini.
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Updated camera_facing.ini.
-Changed camera_facing spectators (texture by Kniker97).

Tamiami Park v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
-Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
-Fixed semaphore.ini.
-Fixed trees mapping.
-Fixed guardrails that was double-sided. (Guardrails are no longer sticky.)
-Deleted ai_hints.ini.
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Updated camera_facing.ini.
-Changed camera_facing spectators (texture by Kniker97).

... @Perico Lospa Pardon me. Premature sendage, leaping to defend @Paulo Ribeiro's generosity
Sorry if my joke was misunderstood (you know, sometimes it is difficult to express yourself in a language that is not your mother tongue); I was trying to make a little point (jokingly, I hope 😅) about the fact that someone's second message on this forum was to complain, perhaps (perhaps) in a little rude way, about the splendid generosity of another forum member who has taken the time to post a zillion links to choose from...

(Someday, all this joking all the time is going to cost me a lot of trouble... 😰)

Last edited:
Hi all, just after some advice, Simhub keeps crashing (ie just closes down) quite often, ie, I can’t get thru a session without it shutting down, and having to restart it a couple of times. Any ideas where to start to solve this?

"The Koenig Specials 560 SEC is a wild and crazy car. It's fast, it's loud, and it's definitely not for everyone. But for those who are looking for a unique and exhilarating driving experience, the Koenig 560 SEC is the perfect choice."
Car and Driver, February 1988, titled "The Supercar from Germany”
View attachment 1370952

Enjoy!!!

RealSpecs v1.2
Your LODS are broken. Another mod for ACTK to fix :gtpflag:

F2 at work at the moment. If anyone was ever waiting for this car, my friend and I are still working on it, and might be out next week as late. I consider this car better than ACFL one and the one that is being released by SP. RSS F2 will be better obviously and I would recommend pay for it when it's out.

Everything for the car is tried to be replicated as the real one, using official blueprint from Dallara and "some" physics feedback from a real F2 2024 race winner driver.

1720533151034.png

In the other hands, I've been working on hybrid system for VRC Indycar, which I might release maybe today or along this week.

350kJ cap per lap, being this different in every track. Made by Cathay (same guy who helped me in v0.5.1 F1 2026 physics)

For the final, I present my new project with Qvist Design and Tysha which will be released hopefully some time this summer and with a teaser picture.

1720533439206.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back