Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,374 comments
GTV
I meant the stock version
Since there are a ton of Spa mods out there, I can't provide an ext_config file or it will overwrite one you might already have. So you will have to do a little leg work yourself to get this installed. First, you will need to have an extension folder in your Spa track directory. If you already do, then that means you already have an ext_config file which makes this easier. If you do, copy and paste the code below to the bottom of your current ext_config file. Then download the attached file and extract it to the root assettocorsa folder.

;;;;; CABLES ;;;;;

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
HIDE=electric
FILE=spa.kn5
INSERT=spa_wires.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=Object799_SUB2

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fixing fat and jagged power cables
MESHES = wires01, wires02
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1
CAST_SHADOWS= 1
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, 0.5
PROP_... = extExtraSharpLocalReflections, 0.0

If you don't already have an extension folder, you will have to create one, then copy and paste the code above to a text document and save it as an ext_config.ini file in the extension folder.

Attachments

• spa_wires_fix.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hello my dear friend. I can solve the problem experienced in viper by deleting the arb front and arb rear parameters and the car is ready for the race. You may want to look.

Written with google translate
Thanks man. I don`t know what cosequences it has deleting the ARB Settings, but indeed the car is working now on CSP 179. How did you find out?

And now, the round of comments before I go to sleep...
... I can solve the problem experienced in viper by deleting the arb front and arb rear parameters...
I reaffirm myself: this forum is a well of wisdom. @yavuzazgin, thank you very much for sharing your discovery, I have finally been able to drive the Viper; your solution will serve as a temporary fix for 0.1.79 CSP users until DaWallace fixes it permanently.
Thanks man. I don`t know what cosequences it has deleting the ARB Settings, but indeed the car is working now on CSP 179. How did you find out?
Yeah, how did you find out, @yavuzazgin?
... There's no way I would try that. You're talking about digging way deep into files and I'm certainly not confident about doing that...
The best advice someone gave me a long time ago about entangle with AC files is, before doing anything, to make a copy of the mod you want to mess with and keep it safe. This way, in case of disaster, you can always return to the starting point.
Addon Layout for
Antalya Autodrome
by Shin956...
I think this track lacks some roughness on the asphalt, you can't feel anything, it's too smooth, don't you think?

EDIT: Doh! and thanks for the addon... 😅
... First...
We will never thank you enough for your patience and collaboration for others... Thanks for share. 😃

Last edited:
I don't know if you used the newest version, because the Vertigo got a new sound (new sound since v3.5, newest version is v3.6) and it is all OK. No cutting of rev range at the outside and internal sound is even OK. checked it again few minutes before i wrote this answer. 🤷‍♀️ 🤔

Yeah, this was mentioned before. forgot to fix this.😑 will fix this with next update.
Oh awesome! My bad I didnt know you already had a 3.6 update. I appreciate your work man you've given us a whole new generation of high quality gt3/gt2 cars

Edit: Just did a clean install of the 3.6 vertigo, im still getting the same audio issue. It's only with the exterior audio, if I manually lower the rpm limit to 96% then it sounds perfect, but for some reason that last 4 percent causes the audio to cut out for me. I have had one other issue with a car's audio screwing up this week so maybe it's an issue on my end. (csp 2.5 preview/Sol 2.5)

Last edited:
Oh awesome! My bad I didnt know you already had a 3.6 update. I appreciate your work man you've given us a whole new generation of high quality gt3/gt2 cars

Edit: Just did a clean install of the 3.6 vertigo, im still getting the same audio issue. It's only with the exterior audio, if I manually lower the rpm limit to 96% then it sounds perfect, but for some reason that last 4 percent causes the audio to cut out for me. I have had one other issue with a car's audio screwing up this week so maybe it's an issue on my end. (csp 2.5 preview/Sol 2.5)
I will change the sound of the Vertigo again. I'm not really happy with the current sound. 🤔

Is it normal if content manager propose me a 1.6 version for the viper ?
When i use you'r megaupload link, the car is still 1.0.
1.6 is the most current version, definitely the one I'd recommend. You can get the most up to date mega pack from his discord page (1.1)

Last edited:
I don't understand why some people get the spline error... If anyone understands this, please write.
For some reason, the chicane layout won't load for me...seems to get stuck while initializing the AI spline. Any ideas?
try this. Delete .txt

Attachments

• fast_lane.ai.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Lotus Type 23 Cosworth skins 123

Desktop Screenshot 2024.08.01 - 18.15.49.95.png

Desktop Screenshot 2024.08.01 - 18.16.13.75.png

2017-Rolex-Monterey-Motorsports-Reunion-90-1.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of problems you have? For me it is working as usual.
Plenty. AI not pitting in various events, AI turning into the pitlane wall on starts, and many more.

The absolute worst one, though, is the fact that the app is not supposed to activate unless you're in single player race or weekend - but due to it being broken by a CSP change, indeed activates every time you enter any session. Worse, the radio button to disable/enable the surfaces.ini change is broken. Hitting the "disable/enable" toggle and restarting has no effect almost every time I use it.

This means that every time I enter an online event, my surface.ini gets changed. For my league events, for example, that means with his app installed, I can join the open practice on race day, leave to eat, rejoin for quali, and get checksum kicked. For public servers, it means that I can be permanently locked out - I had to recently get a Spa surfaces.ini from RMi here last week, and had to pull my backup of Vallelunga as well. Extremely annoying.

There's a new app version released today, I'll take a look, but the negatives far outweigh the positives at the moment. It works in single player, sometimes - and far less than on previous CSP versions - but at the cost of going to war with the app when it comes to online.

I uninstalled this app and will likely keep it so until I see a changelog that addresses the issue. I'm appreciative of his work and it is undoubtedly the baseline for many AI behaviors in AC for the future, but it's got quite a ways to go.

Last edited:
Agree, installed NV SD 560.70 and running smooth(er). @Peter Boese ; many thanks for pointing me/us in that direction!

And, for those using NVidiaInspector like myself; seems there's an extended (forked) version available with way more settings (especially for RTX I believe); Link NVInspector v 2.4.2.3 (Modified). Although me using a GTX 1060 6G (I know, not the best, but still 'good' enough for AC), it helped me in getting improved AA with some enhanced settings.
Hello, hope you're all doing well.

This topic kept me 'busy' in a sense that I tried exploring further possibilities on the NVidia driver front.
Been able installing the Quadro variant of NVidia driver (NV560.76) on my GTX 1060 6G yesterday (Yes, with hack this is possible).

Not completely sure yet (am testing), but this Quadro one seems even slightly better than previously installes SD 560.70.
(Quadro drivers are/were supposed to generate enhanced colors due to 10bit, but many say this is just placebo/snake-oil)
Anyway, keepers for now. Just to let you know. Some might find this useful, like myself.

Have a good day all.

DaWallace, you've hit it out the park once again with the Viper! Thank you very much for this and all the other updates. Your cars consistently rate among my most regularly driven favourites. In fact, the Exige GT2 almost needs a full rebuild now due to the high mileage I've put on it!

Cheers and big thanks, once again, for your great work.
:cheers:

This topic kept me 'busy' in a sense that I tried exploring further possibilities on the NVidia driver front.
Been able installing the Quadro variant of NVidia driver (NV560.76) on my GTX 1060 6G yesterday (Yes, with hack this is possible).

Not completely sure yet (am testing), but this Quadro one seems even slightly better than previously installes SD 560.70.
(Quadro drivers are/were supposed to generate enhanced colors due to 10bit, but many say this is just placebo/snake-oil)
Anyway, keepers for now. Just to let you know. Some might find this useful, like myself.

Have a good day all.
I find this quite a fascinating discovery. Being in the architecture industry I know that Autodesk recommends the Quadro cards for their software, particularly Revit, and I have always found them to overpriced and seriously underperforming. So I find it interesting that you can get extra performance from their drivers.

I've had to convince a few companies over the years that, despite what Autodesk tells you, a "gaming" PC offers far superior performance and speed when working with 3d programs than a workstation does, and the Quadro cards were as useful as door stops as they were graphics cards. 🤣

Have a good day all.
i find in 2024, changing drivers is not worth the effort, you cant notice the at max maybe 1 to 2% difference. back in the old days of 3dfx cards in 1998 or whatever it was, driver versions could make a big difference. but now it is mostly about graphics settings that you select. i just upgraded my nvidia 2060 driver first time in 2 years and notice zero difference in performance anywhere.. except for cyberpunk 2077, but that is just a terribly optimised game.

Hi All,

After a few updates, for like a year or more the cars alignment between Content Manager Preview/Showroom and In-Game is very very different. I know my way around allignment over suspension.ini via CM, by eye and reverse math I can get a proper allignment in-game but yeah this time previews are messy and some cars looks like a stork.

If anyone has any idea about the source of this issue I really appreciate it.

Best&Thanks

* Mod in photos shown are for sample only, the mod is perfectly fine with all due respect to modder(s)

Attachments

• Screenshot_hsrc_eclat_nissan_s15_festa_bst_csr_1-7-124-13-23-38.jpg
    Screenshot_hsrc_eclat_nissan_s15_festa_bst_csr_1-7-124-13-23-38.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 4
  • s15 cm.jpg
    s15 cm.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Oh look, more of the same cars we already have in the game. When are these big studios going to come up with new stuff we haven't seen 10 million times over already? 🙄
GT3 are very popular so they deliver. For me, i was expecting a RSS 720s and a RSS Ferrari 296 for months.
I cant wait the rss quality modding, especially after testing their last lamborghini, mercedes an audi GT3.

I'm not so keen of URD, or other free mod for this stuff, i always finding that they lacking something : sometimes it's a good 3d model, or the sound, or continuous updates etc

Last edited:
Logbook - every now and then I should keep you updated on the work

1) I finally finished the graphics part of the Z3 by creating both the 24h and GTR packages (you can choose via ext_config). Now I'm rebuilding the inside, it's a mess but I can do it.

2) The work on the TVR is temporarily stopped, I want to continue with the Z3 now that I feel motivated to do so.

3) I think the Ford GT is still in the works, I still haven't heard from the guy I'm working with. Let's be patient, I'm sure a nice little gem will come out.

4) The viper has been permanently blocked since the DW one came out.

5) The F430 needs the dashboard, physics and good sound. I fixed some shaders compared to the last time and for now I think that graphically it can be considered finished. Perhaps only the animations deserve a touch up.

I attach some screens. I'm not the fastest at working, but I'll do my best. And please, drink always lots of water. :D

1722516725516.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-3-59.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-3-59.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-3-26.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-3-26.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-4-49.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-4-49.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-5-1.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-5-1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-5-18.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-5-18.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-5-27.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-5-27.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-6-0.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-6-0.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-6-2.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-6-2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-6-10.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-6-10.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-3-17.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_1-7-124-15-3-17.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 3
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back