Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,374 comments
i find in 2024, changing drivers is not worth the effort, you cant notice the at max maybe 1 to 2% difference. back in the old days of 3dfx cards in 1998 or whatever it was, driver versions could make a big difference. but now it is mostly about graphics settings that you select. i just upgraded my nvidia 2060 driver first time in 2 years and notice zero difference in performance anywhere.. except for cyberpunk 2077, but that is just a terribly optimised game.
I agree, but i like trying things. Might I get back to GRD drivers after all.

I find this quite a fascinating discovery. Being in the architecture industry I know that Autodesk recommends the Quadro cards for their software, particularly Revit, and I have always found them to overpriced and seriously underperforming. So I find it interesting that you can get extra performance from their drivers.

I've had to convince a few companies over the years that, despite what Autodesk tells you, a "gaming" PC offers far superior performance and speed when working with 3d programs than a workstation does, and the Quadro cards were as useful as door stops as they were graphics cards. 🤣
You may be (or are) right, but I like to try stuff. Especially since P. Boese directed me to the Studio driver. Quadro might not be it, but I'll want to see in the long run.

X90
Plenty. AI not pitting in various events, AI turning into the pitlane wall on starts, and many more.

The absolute worst one, though[...]
I was thinking that i'm the only one who got issues with the last csp.
For me, the 0.2.3 is OK but then, every next versions screw up the AI.

It's a pity because i can't use the VRC F1 2024 csp and the RSS porsche lmdh.

Last edited:
For those for whom the Viper does not work, I have created a new data.acd to test if i fixed it. Simply copy and replace this data.acd in the viper car folder -> assetto corsa/content/cars/dw_dodge_viper_competition_coupe

Let me know if this works for you.
Yes, it works! Many thanks. What a fantastic car -- handles like a dream. Out of curiosity, what was the source of the problem?
try this. Delete .txt
Still no luck...appreciate your trying, though.

Last edited:

a small update of the skin, nothing significant, just a small adjustment of the sizes of elements, for greater similarity with the original. in principle, you don't have to download it, but if you are a perfectionist like me, you will have to update)

Guys, is there an easy fix for a car that's not centered in cm preview?
preview.jpg

Just wanted to share a couple of skins for gtsupreme group c 80 cars. These are from 1985 lemans race. Some sponsor decals are just really hard to source so I just had to get as close as I could.

Bussi Racing Rondeau m382 #39 and
Porsche 956 1985 Barclay #10​

preview-Rondeau.jpg
preview-956.jpg

Attachments

• Barclay_Kremer_Racing_956_85_LM_10.zip
    718.3 KB · Views: 3
  • WEC_85_39_Bussi_Racing.zip
    652.2 KB · Views: 3
Just wanted to share a couple of skins for gtsupreme group c 80 cars. These are from 1985 lemans race. Some sponsor decals are just really hard to source so I just had to get as close as I could.

Bussi Racing Rondeau m382 #39 and​

Porsche 956 1985 Barclay #10​

View attachment 1377267View attachment 1377266
__custom_showroom_1722528168.jpg

Was already part of the mod, a part GTSupreme never bothered to convert (along with the fin and other parts) lol. But cool to see it nonetheless :)

Hi All,

After a few updates, for like a year or more the cars alignment between Content Manager Preview/Showroom and In-Game is very very different. I know my way around allignment over suspension.ini via CM, by eye and reverse math I can get a proper allignment in-game but yeah this time previews are messy and some cars looks like a stork.

If anyone has any idea about the source of this issue I really appreciate it.

Best&Thanks

* Mod in photos shown are for sample only, the mod is perfectly fine with all due respect to modder(s)
In Content Manager's showroom used for previews, the data hasn't been read and applied yet.
In game, of course, it always has. That's the visual difference.

CM has a handy checkbox in the Car tab of the parameter panel (second from right, single car), under Wheels, labelled "Align using data". Checking this box will apply the car's data to the 3D-model in the showroom. Annnnd right below that is a button to "Update model". CM will make a backup of the KN5 and rewrite it with the effects of the data.acd applied. Be careful here. I always make a independent copy of the unmolested KN5 before doing this. Belts and braces.

One more thing to do. Doing this can often mess up the shadows around the car, so again, CM has a button, this time in the main tab of the parameters panel (first from left, left arrow icon). Under "Tools", you'll find "Update amient shadow". Click, and an "Ambient shadow" panel opens, with a bunch of settings which allow you to control HOW to update. Choose your poison :) I've always accepted the defaults with reasonable results. 2/3 down is the button, again "Update ambient shadow" which really does it.

Last edited:
Yes, it works! Many thanks. What a fantastic car -- handles like a dream. Out of curiosity, what was the source of the problem?
Great. I'm happy that it works now.

I added extended ARB to the car, but forgot to add the LUT files.
To Test if this was the reason, i deleted the extended code lines and used the standard ARB settings.😊

Next update will come with a fix.👍

Last edited:
View attachment 1377273

Was already part of the mod, a part GTSupreme never bothered to convert (along with the fin and other parts) lol. But cool to see it nonetheless :)
Man, it looks so good with the fin.
I just can't get enough of group c.
I really struggled with alignment of textures with it. Hence the 10 on the fender and red around the cockpit being off slightly.
Was my first ever attempt at doing a skin.
Just trying to do some mid 80s races and wanted to add some missing liveries.

Last edited:
Man, it looks so good with the fin.
I just can't get enough of group c.
I really struggled with alignment of textures with it. Hence the 10 on the fender and red around the cockpit being off slightly.
Was my first ever attempt at doing a skin.
Just trying to do some mid 80s races and wanted to add some missing liveries.
Keep going !! For a first attempt it ain't half bad, **** It's better than my first ever skin lol

In Content Manager's showroom used for previews, the data hasn't been read and applied yet.
In game, of course, it always has. That's the visual difference.

CM has a handy checkbox in the Car tab of the parameter panel (second from right, single car), under Wheels, labelled "Align using data". Checking this box will apply the car's data to the 3D-model in the showroom. Annnnd right below that is a button to "Update model". CM will make a backup of the KN5 and rewrite it with the effects of the data.acd applied. Be careful here. I always make a independent copy of the unmolested KN5 before doing this. Belts and braces.

One more thing to do. Doing this can often mess up the shadows around the car, so again, CM has a button, this time in the main tab of the parameters panel (first from left, left arrow icon). Under "Tools", you'll find "Update amient shadow". Click, and an "Ambient shadow" panel opens, with a bunch of settings which allow you to control HOW to update. Choose your poison :) I've always accepted the defaults with reasonable results. 2/3 down is the button, again "Update ambient shadow" which really does it.
andrevr thanks for the reply but that's actually exactly the issue I tried to mention, but I wasn't clear I guess,

I am well aware of CM "Align using data" tool and I never prefer/d using it because it never gave a proper alignment match between Cm showroom and in-game, So I always did my alignment via suspensions.ini file while "Align using data" checked. Until couple of months back previews and in-game alignment were matching with a very very small difference which was unvisible. But nowadays this method doesn't work too. Cars stances are really different, you can even check it with kunos cars (It's not a mod car problem). Go to CM showroom check Allign and see the alignment, and then start the game and check the difference.

I am not sure if it's a common issue, or nobody yet realise it...

I hope somebody can figure this out

To Test if this was the reason, i deleted the extended code lines and used the standard ARB settings.😊

We have to follow your updates via discord?

DaWallace, you've hit it out the park once again with the Viper! Thank you very much for this and all the other updates. Your cars consistently rate among my most regularly driven favourites. In fact, the Exige GT2 almost needs a full rebuild now due to the high mileage I've put on it!

Cheers and big thanks, once again, for your great work.
:cheers:

@DaWallace

I don not know if this has been reported but the Viper steering wheel in game is out of sync with my physical steering wheel

Or has it been reported and I missed it?

All in all I have to say that the Viper is THE car for AC. It feels and handles just about right

Great job
also lovin the Viper , but 2 rather big issues for me (using VR) :
1) issue w sunbanner text smearing/ghosting when moving my head (like the windows arrow trail effect if you know what i mean)
2) digital instr texts floating above the panel instead of being part of the panel

@DaWallace please put these 2 on your to fix list , and this will be one of my new favorite mods :)

EDIT : some more things that can be improved (sorry if it was already reported - I'm not into Discord):
DW Marcos Mantis GT3 : wiper still goes through the windshield
Ultima GTR: there's a transparant gap between the side mirrors and their surrounding encasing (or the inside of the sidemirror body is not rendered in cockpit mode, I dunno - maybe a culling mode thing)

EDIT2:
Z4 : wiper going through the sunvisor and glass
Vertigo: brakelights are not visisble when lights on

Last edited:
X90
Plenty. AI not pitting in various events, AI turning into the pitlane wall on starts, and many more.

The absolute worst one, though, is the fact that the app is not supposed to activate unless you're in single player race or weekend - but due to it being broken by a CSP change, indeed activates every time you enter any session. Worse, the radio button to disable/enable the surfaces.ini change is broken. Hitting the "disable/enable" toggle and restarting has no effect almost every time I use it.

This means that every time I enter an online event, my surface.ini gets changed. For my league events, for example, that means with his app installed, I can join the open practice on race day, leave to eat, rejoin for quali, and get checksum kicked. For public servers, it means that I can be permanently locked out - I had to recently get a Spa surfaces.ini from RMi here last week, and had to pull my backup of Vallelunga as well. Extremely annoying.

There's a new app version released today, I'll take a look, but the negatives far outweigh the positives at the moment. It works in single player, sometimes - and far less than on previous CSP versions - but at the cost of going to war with the app when it comes to online.

I uninstalled this app and will likely keep it so until I see a changelog that addresses the issue. I'm appreciative of his work and it is undoubtedly the baseline for many AI behaviors in AC for the future, but it's got quite a ways to go.
Huh...I'm not getting any of that.

Exactly my point, if they did stuff nobody has done they would coin it so big they could retire to a remote island, and we would have the cars we all really want.
The reason why nobody has done the stuff that nobody has done, is most likely because that stuff only appeals to 5% of the player mass (we are those 5%). The stuff that everybody already has done, is the stuff that appeals to the remaining 95% (GT3 etc.).

After some math, I reckon that if they did that stuff that nobody has done, we (the 5%) would be ecstatic and buy it, while the remaining 95% couldn't care less. And nobody would be able to retire to a remote island.

Would the UK be considered a remote island?

Hi, I am looking for a BMW M4 Class 1. Do you know if one exists for AC. I guess there was one done by First Studio Race, but there shop seems to be down and I do not know if it was any good.

Thanx for your help.
Daniel

Hi guys, I have a problem.
Spa, with spa_2022 and Pyyer F1 2024 addon. My asphalt, in clear or slightly cloudy weather, is absolutely too bright, while, in other people's videos, I see that it is much darker. What can it be? It only happens on this track, making it undriveable...can someone help me please? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-01 231611.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-01 231611.png
    280.3 KB · Views: 4
Getting really pee'd with CM when trying to update previews. I keep getting this error:
Can’t update previews:
• SlimDX.Direct3D11.Direct3D11Exception: E_OUTOFMEMORY: Ran out of memory (-2147024882)
at SlimDX.Result.Throw(Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record(Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Direct3D11.Buffer.Build(Device device, DataStream data, Int32 sizeInBytes, ResourceUsage usage, BindFlags bindFlags, CpuAccessFlags accessFlags, ResourceOptionFlags optionFlags, Int32 structureByteStride)
at SlimDX.Direct3D11.Buffer..ctor(Device device, DataStream data, BufferDescription description)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Objects.TrianglesRenderableObject`1.Initialize(IDeviceContextHolder contextHolder)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5Specific.Objects.Kn5RenderableObject.Initialize(IDeviceContextHolder contextHolder)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Objects.BaseRenderableObject.Draw(IDeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Objects.RenderableList.DrawChildren(IDeviceContextHolder contextHolder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Objects.RenderableList.Draw(IDeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5Specific.Objects.Kn5RenderableList.Draw(IDeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Objects.RenderableList.DrawChildren(IDeviceContextHolder contextHolder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Objects.RenderableList.Draw(IDeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5Specific.Objects.Kn5RenderableList.Draw(IDeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5Specific.Objects.Kn5RenderableCar.Draw(IDeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode, Func`2 filter)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawCars(DeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera, SpecialRenderMode mode)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawSceneForShadows(DeviceContextHolder holder, ICamera camera)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Shadows.ShadowsDirectional.UpdateBuffers(DeviceContextHolder holder, IShadowsDraw draw)
at AcTools.Render.Base.Shadows.ShadowsBase.DrawScene(DeviceContextHolder holder, IShadowsDraw draw)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForward.ForwardKn5ObjectRenderer.UpdateShadows(ShadowsDirectional shadows, Vector3 center)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.UpdateShadows(ShadowsDirectional shadows, Vector3 center)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForward.ForwardKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawPrepare(Vector3 eyesPosition, Vector3 light)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawPrepare(Vector3 eyesPosition, Vector3 light)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForward.ForwardKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawPrepare()
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForward.ToolsKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawPrepare()
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawPrepare()
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawSceneToBuffer()
at AcTools.Render.Forward.ForwardRenderer.DrawOverride()
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawDofShotAccumulation()
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawOverride()
at AcTools.Render.Base.BaseRenderer.DrawInner()
at AcTools.Render.Base.BaseRenderer.DrawShot(RenderTargetView target, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellation)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkKn5ObjectRenderer.DrawShot(RenderTargetView target, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellation)
at AcTools.Render.Base.BaseRenderer.Shot(Int32 baseWidth, Int32 baseHeight, Double downscale, Double crop, Stream outputStream, RendererShotFormat shotFormat, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellation)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkPreviewsUpdater.ShotInner(String carId, String skinId, String destination, ImageInformation information, Action callback)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkPreviewsUpdater.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<ShotInnerAsync>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at AcTools.Render.Kn5SpecificForwardDark.DarkPreviewsUpdater.<ShotAsync>d__22.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at AcManager.CustomShowroom.CmPreviewsTools.Updater.<RunAsyncOverride>d__3.MoveNext()

I have 32gb RAM and Windows manages Virtual Memory.
The majority of the time this error comes up with skins that are massive, if I load them up in Paint.net with the .dds plugin and save the file as BC3 DXT5 so the file size of the main livery file is down from over 60 or even 80mb to around 16mb then previews work...but only after I close and relaunch CM after the error appears.
This issue makes updating many previews a right ballache as it can proceed merrily along then suddenly error and leave all skins for a car with no preview and I have to re-save all the large .dds files and start the update again.

Anyone else experience this error?

Hi, I am looking for a BMW M4 Class 1. Do you know if one exists for AC. I guess there was one done by First Studio Race, but there shop seems to be down and I do not know if it was any good.

Thanx for your help.
Daniel
hi Daniel,

the 2021 one from FSR is good according to my notes (and I gave it 5 stars in CM) ...

there's also the very good 2020 BMW M4 DTM Turbo class1 by F302 (patreon.com/user?u=61808742 )

I don't know if this is a useful thing for the modders, but i've read that WRC Generations got some tools for unpacking. Might be a good source for ripping cars and tracks especially now that we have the rally csp update.

hery guys,

i've been trying to make a few vids with the freshly baked Jidé 1600 from @rnoir and i really wish someone could make new ai lines for the Bikernieki High Speed Ring. The oval layout is okay, the others are really cool, but the High speed ring is really something else.

At the moment with CSP 2.5 the AI is stuck at start, leaving only a bunch of 5 cars out of 25 leaving the grid. they would slow down too much on first corner, which i can deal with, but weirdly they would almost stop randomly when they reach the finish line on each lap. It seems like an ai lane or borders not done correctly, if someone could have a look. I'm gonna ask Parilla in case, but here's what the track looks like :

the Oval works fine for some reason, the other layouts suffer from the same issues.

Martinsh seems to have dropped the project, or at least is on something else, there have been no updates since 2018.

Last edited:
hery guys,

i've been trying to make a few vids with the freshly baked Jidé 1600 from @rnoir and i really wish someone could make new ai lines for the Bikernieki High Speed Ring. The oval layout is okay, the others are really cool, but the High speed ring is really something else.

At the moment with CSP 2.5 the AI is stuck at start, leaving only a bunch of 5 cars out of 25 leaving the grid. they would slow down too much on first corner, which i can deal with, but weirdly they would almost stop randomly when they reach the finish line on each lap. It seems like an ai lane or borders not done correctly, if someone could have a look. I'm gonna ask Parilla in case, but here's what the track looks like :

the Oval works fine for some reason, the other layouts suffer from the same issues.

Martinsh seems to have dropped the project, or at least is on something else, there have been no updates since 2018.

Just tried a race with 26 Jide cars at Bikernieki High Speed layout: no issues on my side... all went well (CSP 0.2.5 - track version 0.6)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back