Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,695 comments
So, I've got blender, Cimmerian's guide on how to animate suspension, all is well and good until I open Blender and... Yeah I'm lost. Can't parent ****, seems like I can't even select multiple objects lmaooo

Off to a good start :)

Edit : found it ! But now I have to rebuild the whole car in kseditot AGAIN ? Sod that.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
Can you tell me why I see the sun as in an eclipse now?
it's like a black sun, it also happens with some car lights
I use csp 0.2.4p1 and last pure version with pure linear ppf LCS.
Edit: in capture i see the sun fine but not ingame🙄
Thankyou!!
Turn OFF TAA in CSP, for some reason it's causing this. Hopefully a fix will come soon bc for me TAA works wonders on aliasing issues.

Turn OFF TAA in CSP, for some reason it's causing this. Hopefully a fix will come soon bc for me TAA works wonders on aliasing issues.
Hi Haune..
At Peter's suggestion, I updated CSP to the latest version and now the problem is gone.
Try csp version 0.2.5.
Thanks for the help

Really dumb question incoming........

what are these things??

they are there IRL

they cannot be the hydraulics that jack the car up for the pit crew this is 1989...........

Screenshot (663).png

Last edited:
So, I've got blender, Cimmerian's guide on how to animate suspension, all is well and good until I open Blender and... Yeah I'm lost. Can't parent ****, seems like I can't even select multiple objects lmaooo

Edit : found it ! But now I have to rebuild the whole car in kseditot AGAIN ? Sod that.
Blender can be a little intimidating at first, but if you spent 1 hour to understand the basics commands you will master it

And also be happy that blender is straightforward, I tried getting to know 3dsmax and till this day I haven't understood how to use it properly

"Insert one piece poneglyph meme"

And I see you guys talking about the 2009 season

First there's no "confusion" about SDD or RTT, SDD=RTT it has already been proven

Second they did 2 2009 mod, one by puting the fsone models in the fbx->kn5 machine, and the second they bought models online to use on their mod. But these models proportion is what you would get if you input the "draw me a 3d 2009 F1" prompt in midjourney. So yeah the models looks high quality but low res fsone model actually look like a Ferrari instead of the midjourney prompt.

And the 2009 season seems like a battlefield........ Generally when I do a F1 season mod, the alternative is SDD so there was a void to be filled.

There's 2 full 2009 cars, midjourney/Fsone. Then there is 3 converted brawngp made by different individuals. And forbys is converting RTT models to do a season grid.

3 full season grid for 2009
A 4th one maybe by stoffen

Brawn gp that exists 5 time.

And then people ask me if I'm ever gonna do a 2009 season lmaoooo

The only thing you'll get from me is the F60

Last edited:
Thanks to @Rainmaker87 for the Ahvenisto edit. Never played the map because it felt... off for some reason, it's now a favourite for slower cars. Such a blast in rainy conditions now that the physics work!

If i was to be picky, i would go for a little less saturation/vibrance on the scenery, but that's something i can edit directly in the ppfilter.

Good job mate, keep going👍

Hi Guys

Thanks to JK1977 for the upload, love this car and thank you very much!

Update details:

• Interior and exterior texture update
  • New carbon fibre textures and upscaled
  • New alcantara fabric texture and upscaled
  • Added curves to rear light texture
  • Curves added to glass textures
  • New interior metal texture added and upscaled
  • Front headlight textures reworked and upscaled
  • General carbon textures reworked and upscaled
  • Curves added to tire textures and upscaled
  • Adjusted tire tread to match tire wall textures
  • Reworked and cleaned up display, better color and quality
  • Added new logos to display
  • My Beck's skin included

f302_opel_calibra_touringcar_4.jpg
preview_1.jpg
__custom_showroom_1725141744.jpg

__custom_showroom_1725141904.jpg

__custom_showroom_1725141859.jpg

Last edited:
That's ok, but (if you get my point) what i said is that i would love to see a system that can be easily implemented in any track without needing of .kn5 models of those 3D peoples. We alredy have tracks (like the ones from johnr777 or any tracks that have the flagman) that have those things, but is not a quick addition and requires some work.

TreeFX (which is most of the time ugly) is btw quite simple if you plant a single tree, having a similar solution for marshalls and crowd, would make faster the improvement of sorrounding life for every track ;)
In a similar way, I'd love to be able to plant working light poles onto a track like treefx.

And that's the "lazy" way to do suspensions, which makes your whole suspension rotate with the steering. Then you get the "easy" way which I do which keeps your steering seperate, then you get the "complex" method where only Kunos and RSS dare to tread! 🤣

Always amuses me how much flack modders get on this and other forums by people who have no clue how much work is involved in even a "simple conversion" if you are to get anywhere near the levels of demands required by all the "experts".

Welcome to the clubs of Blender and Modders. You think you'll want to quit now but you'll be back. 😉

And that's the "lazy" way to do suspensions, which makes your whole suspension rotate with the steering. Then you get the "easy" way which I do which keeps your steering seperate, then you get the "complex" method where only Kunos and RSS dare to tread! 🤣

Always amuses me how much flack modders get on this and other forums by people who have no clue how much work is involved in even a "simple conversion" if you are to get anywhere near the levels of demands required by all the "experts".

Welcome to the clubs of Blender and Modders. You think you'll want to quit now but you'll be back. 😉
The greatest thing, is that the complex way needs you to put the DIR_ Empty at the exact location of the physics suspension endpoint location given by suspension.ini for the suspension to not move when rotating. So you have to deal with 3d Space and the virtual physics space.

Plus 3dsmax have a DIR_ helper that simulate the DIR_ rotation when you move the wheel so you can see its behavior in 3dsmax. While we have nothing in blender but our own imagination.

Last edited:
The greatest thing, is that the complex way needs you to put the DIR_ Empty at the exact location of the physics suspension endpoint location given by suspension.ini for the suspension to not move when rotating. So you have to deal with 3d Space and the virtual physics space.

Plus 3dsmax have a DIR_ helper that simulate the DIR_ rotation when you move the wheel so you can see its behavior in 3dsmax. While we have nothing in blender but our own imagination.
Yes the DIR empty has to be where the steering arm joins into the chassis, basically controlling the horizontal movement point. That's my understanding anyway. Then kseditor completely ignores it when showing you the animation. The joys 🤣

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back