Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,688 comments
Not really, as it turned out the Estate had better aero than the sedan..
""""
When Volvo released the T5 variant of their 850, the Swedish automaker wanted to boost its profile in order to gain market share. Instead of a traditional marketing campaign, Volvo took the 850 racing in the British Touring Car Championship.

How the decision to use the 850 estate came about wasn’t intentional though. Volvo commissioned Steffansson Automotive to develop a BTCC prototype, but when they went to collect a body shell only estate variants were left. This news quickly reached the Volvo board, who saw it as a golden opportunity to break the stereotype of only selling estates to middle-aged geography teachers.

As it turned though, the 850 estate’s long roofline actually proved advantageous, with the race car producing more downforce over the sedan equivalent. A longer wheelbase and more glass did equate to increased weight, but being below the minimum meant there was still opportunity to move ballast around.

From when the 850 estate first lined up on the BTCC grid at Thruxton Circuit in April 1994, competitors saw it as more of a marketing exercise than anything else. The Volvo team was undeterred, and as a tongue in cheek measure stuffed a toy Border Collie in the back for a parade lap.

Sadly, the 850 estate only saw competition for the one season, where Volvo placed sixth in the constructors championship. For the 1995 BTCC championship, TOCA altered the rules to permit additional spoilers, but these could not extend past the bumpers or the roofline. Sadly, any advantage the estate had was now gone, so the T5 850 sedan took its place for the next two seasons, where Volvo drivers frequented the podium more often.
"""
View attachment 1395915
OK, what I meant was that you can have a chassis and pop any shell you want on it, now if the chassis is some trick custom made job with no parts from say a Volvo, and you stick a Volvo shell on top...... is it really a Volvo.

Its the beauty of racing I guess pretending 'their car' is racing in the BTCC...... it really isn't.
But we all know that right.

Guys, could you try my conversion of acc Kyalami track. Big thanks to LaChub for Ai
remember to put the correct version number in the ui_track.json and your name, otherwise it may cause confusion.

there are several items or a double-sided item is missing

Last edited:
is this not what your looking for? or are you specifically waiting for Tommy's version?

View attachment 1395768
Tommy's 240 released yesterday, and I must regretfully report that the MSC version still is the best 240 group A mod, despite its various shortcomings. The exterior of Tommy's car is good, but some proportions seem a bit off. The headlights seem to have the wrong size and a couple of other things. The interior seems to have been made in one single lunch break, with boxy details, poor texturing and wrong dimensions. Too bad, because when looking at his old mods like the Audi V8 DTM, I know he can do much, much better.

With the help of volunteers, the vehicle data was revised.
Therefore, it is re-released.

Download Link
  ↓↓↓
https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/super-gt-subaru-brz-rd-sport-2022-gt300.65965/updates

Sound data was created by volunteers.
Therefore, we are putting out a re-uploaded version.
The anti-lag sound is louder.
Sound volume is adjusted by CSP.

Download Link
 ↓↓↓
https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/super-gt-subaru-brz-r-d-sport-2022-gt300.65965/

F1 1998 - ROUND 13 - Spa v1.0
Screenshot_lotus_2_eleven_gt4_spa_1998_11-9-124-19-5-52.jpg

Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-28 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by Grand Prix Team (1998 Track Pack)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
cam by @Gregz0r
groove from @RMi_wood 's Spa
.lua, fonts and config from Spa Francorchamps 2022
Background, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.

Tommy's 240 released yesterday, and I must regretfully report that the MSC version still is the best 240 group A mod, despite its various shortcomings. The exterior of Tommy's car is good, but some proportions seem a bit off. The headlights seem to have the wrong size and a couple of other things. The interior seems to have been made in one single lunch break, with boxy details, poor texturing and wrong dimensions. Too bad, because when looking at his old mods like the Audi V8 DTM, I know he can do much, much better.
The biggest shortcoming of the MSC version probably being that it looks like ****. But I've only driven the old RJE version, so now I have three other versions to test (ABB, MSC and Tommy).

Alright... MASSIVE update to 1982, 1983 and 1984 seasons.

A lot of car and driver helmet skins corrected.I have no idea why SimDream has done such awful job. For example in McLaren 1983 if you looked at the other side of the car, you saw Lauda's name and the other side it reads "Watson". Also the numbers were messed up. Perhaps he just put these out without even checking or bothering to finish them.

Fixed 90% of the crashing at Kyalami 1967 (changed the track to different version with a fix)
Fixed cars hitting the barrier in the Monaco Sainte Devoite corner (I have no idea how I did it actually, I copied the colliders.kn5 from Lotus98 Kunos and changed colliders.ini and that finally did the trick)
Thanks to advice of Thockard I managed to make the SD cars much, much better (dampers, antirollbar, suspension more travel = less cars slingshotting, etc)
Reduced the top speeds of all 1982, 1983 and 1984 cars, I think they were a bit overboard

Tons of numbers and preview photos fixed.

But the most important are that

in 1983 season Rosberg's car has the correct #1
in 1982 and 1984 seasons Piquet's car has the correct #1

SD could at least put the world champion skins correct but no. Now fixed.

Only 1984 anon_dallas (Dallas street circuit) is a bit crashy race now. But it was in the real life too. Long Beach has some crashes but the race is fully playable and cars not slingshotting anymore from the bouncy kerbs. SOME crashes might still happen but considerably less. Shin already fixed the Oesterreichring and he's working on Detroit 1982 with the extra hairpin (amazing).

etc etc

I'm not saying the cars are good now but they're CONSIDERABLY better and less crashy. All cars have sparks but they spark only in extreme bumps because the cars of this era didn't spark that much. You'll see them on bumpy Dallas and Zolder mostly. But adding plenty of sparks wouldn't be all that accurate.

Car modifications (unRAR over your vanilla SD cars):

1982:

1983:

1984:

Championship files:

1982:

1983:

1984:

All track links are in my "AC Vintage F1 Seasons" channel. 1982 links are in the 1982 video presentation, etc.

These cars were so messed up, it's not even worth listing everything. Some previews of the fixes.

PS: If someone has Gilles Villeneuve Ferrari helmet, I'd like to add that. I just created a generic orange helmet for him. At least it's now in correct color.

Still no vintage Zandvoort in the seasons as these cars (and some other cars) are not playable on that circuit. Shin already tested it... complete crash mayhem.

1982 preview:
DxhYxyu.png

1983 preview:
JbDewby.png

1984 preview
gwMey1l.png

I also made period correct ads for Kyalami 1967 before.

RI9MBlI.png

Last edited:
The biggest shortcoming of the MSC version probably being that it looks like ****. But I've only driven the old RJE version, so now I have three other versions to test (ABB, MSC and Tommy).
The interior has textures from before the pyramids were built. But other than that, it looks better than Tommy's. I'm working on a complete retexture, which kind of transforms it.

The RJE has the wrong headlights and not too good looking.

Which version is the ABB one? Don't think I'm familiar with that one.

WIP:
__custom_showroom_1728653100.jpg

Last edited:
shi
F1 1998 - ROUND 13 - Spa v1.0
View attachment 1396204
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-28 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by Grand Prix Team (1998 Track Pack)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
cam by @Gregz0r
groove from @RMi_wood 's Spa
.lua, fonts and config from Spa Francorchamps 2022
Background, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.

There are a few versions of this track conversion around, but this is now my default Spa-Francorchamps for the 1980s through to 2006, even if the Bus Stop chicane was changed for 2004-2006.
Decently fast ai now, and other refinements make it perfect. :cheers:

Last edited:
The interior has textures from before the pyramids were built. But other than that, it looks better than Tommy's. I'm working on a complete retexture, which kind of transforms it.

The RJE has the wrong headlights and not too good looking.

Which version is the ABB one? Don't think I'm familiar with that one.

WIP:
View attachment 1396222
ABB is the Aussie Big Banger update to the RJE car.
1728655001668.jpeg

There are a few versions of this track conversion around, but this is now my default Spa-Francorchamps for the 1980s through to 2006, even if the Bus Stop chicane was changed for 2004-2006.
Decently fast ai now, and other refinements make it perfect. :cheers:
rmi's 2003-2005 mod is pretty banging too ! I've clocked 1000s of kilometres on it lol

Glence Hill - v1.0

bgr_01.jpg

bgr_03.jpg

bgr_04.jpg

"Glence Hill is a small fictional club style circuit set along the Scottish coast"

features:
  • 16 pit/grid with AI
  • 2 cameras
  • CSP RainFX, VAO and otherFX™
  • some horses

credits:
  • original 3d model by @frasie, converted with permission to Assetto Corsa by @RMi_wood
  • new trees, physical road mesh and MUCH 3d rework by @pugsang (thanks bro!)
  • logo by @Fanapryde
  • beta testing by the above and @Breathe, @Masscot, @TITI, @erentuzci,

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back