Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,757 comments
guys question about my late problem with CM
i reinstall the track with fresh clean installation everything working fine but !!!!! when i disconnect
and try reconnecting when i get the red screen
its like something recording in the track file .like some error and then the next time its doesn't recognize. maybe i got something wrong with CM?
Thanks for the help!

Cool track thanks!

Makes me wish for a historic Ingilston track someday, there is a decent looking GPL version which gives me a good excuse to install that game.
Ingliston 1994...kinda decent...

Hi, i have a problem, with some tracks like prunieres embrun by superstage, the grass looks radioactive with pure lcs, didnt happen with gamma. Also, when i do screenshots with the game, it cant be seen on the screenshots (second pic). Any idea why it could be? @Peter Boese

1728779566907.png

Screenshot_lf_hyundai_i20_rally1_ss_prunieres_C13AEGIS_12-9-124-1-54-28.jpg

Edit: happens with gamma too, even if its way less visible. First screenshot made with windows, second in the game, both with gamma.
Sin título.png

Screenshot_iku_djm_mcrae_r4_ss_prunieres_C13AEGIS_13-9-124-2-39-26.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Here is my update for the Kunos default ks_brands_hatch track.

This track standard already looks pretty good, I didn't want to change much but rather improve.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy this one :)

Installation:

- Download my update and install (manual install)

- My extension file includes new lighting and a shader replacement for 3D tree branches, if you already have a extension file with rainfx etc you can simply add my settings to your file.

- Select CF1_Brands_Hatch in Content Manager to activate skins

CM_Brands_Hatch_Circuit.png

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures or extension, please send me a DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

Update details v1.0:

• New asph5 texture and upscaled
  • Reworked all tarmac-detail textures and upscaled
  • Reworked all race groove textures
  • Reworked all tire markings and skid marks
  • Reworked all asphalt cracks and markings
  • Reworked all main feature tree's, added curves, small hue adjustment, some sharpness, aslo added noise (noise is similiar to grain, adds a bit more texture and highlights colors) upscaled too
  • Reworked all smaller tree's and upscaled
  • Reworked all bushes and upscaled
  • Reworked treeline texture and upscaled
  • Reworked all grass textures and upscaled
  • Hill side texture reworked and upscaled
  • Landscape texture reworked
  • Reworked all 3D branch leaves, adjusted each texture alpha, hue, contrast, brightness and tones
  • Removed shadows from 3D tree's, blends in better with feature tree's and no more dark/light shadows
  • Reworked bark textures and upscaled
  • All brick textures reworked and upscaled
  • All concrete textures reworked and upscaled
  • House/building textures reworked and upscaled
  • All amco and safety walls reworked and upscaled
  • All fence kits reworked and upscaled
  • Pitlane textures reworked and upscaled
  • All wood plank textures reworked and upscaled
  • Reworked all curb and run off textures, upscaled too
  • Reworked all rumble strips and upscaled
  • Reworked tent canvas texture and upscaled
  • Reworked grandstand textures and upscaled
  • Reworked window texture and replaced glass texture (building last corner) upscaled too
  • Reworked all banners and logos
  • Added missing or blank banners with Brands Hatch banners
  • Reworked pit building texture
  • Added tint to pit building window textures
  • Replaced radio brands banner with Brands Hatch banner (Pit building)
  • Added Brands Hatch banner to pitlane garages
  • New BRSCC ambulance skin added
  • New track side marshal skin
  • Reworked marshal huts
  • All bridge textures reworked and upscaled
  • New day lighting: Glow, fog , smog, color etc. (not night lighting)
  • Maybe more :)

Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_ks_brands_hatch_13-9-124-0-24-12.jpg
Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_ks_brands_hatch_13-9-124-0-27-56.jpg
Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_ks_brands_hatch_13-9-124-0-31-25.jpg
Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_ks_brands_hatch_13-9-124-0-19-22.jpg
Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_ks_brands_hatch_13-9-124-0-22-5.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_ks_brands_hatch_13-9-124-3-52-35.jpg

BRSCC.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, i have a problem, with some tracks like prunieres embrun by superstage, the grass looks radioactive with pure lcs, didnt happen with gamma. Also, when i do screenshots with the game, it cant be seen on the screenshots (second pic). Any idea why it could be? @Peter Boese

View attachment 1396780

View attachment 1396782

Edit: happens with gamma too, even if its way less visible. First screenshot made with windows, second in the game, both with gamma.
View attachment 1396783
View attachment 1396784
Could be related to the track config and the grass shader settings. So gamma will not really show exaggerated values. So maybe the person who did the config was boosting values and now in LCS you really see it. Maybe just have a look into the config file and find the settings for that material the grass is put on.

Otherwise maybe go to Pure Discord server and report it there. Also try different ppfilters and plain Pure LCS Config settings...

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but as far as i know there's no way to move meshes inside of a kn5 via ext_config unless you added that specific object into another KN5.
Thanks Cris, I'm always hoping someone come up with a way. The code ChatGPT suggested certainly looked viable, but I assume it was just trying it's luck too.

Thanks Cris, I'm always hoping someone come up with a way. The code ChatGPT suggested certainly looked viable, but I assume it was just trying it's luck too.
ChatGPT is a valuable help, but not everytime give right info (or better, not everytime everything works as expected). But it worth a try when you have no idea on how to proceed.

Nobody had answered me before but, is there any way to play in an online server mixing friends with AI?
I don't have any code knowledges but I believe that in this game it should be easy to apply, at least thinking about almost all traks have an AI line, but it's surprising how nowadays we only could play in an online server with people, so if we are 2 or 3 friends, all empty grid slots could keep simply empty and not fill it with AI cars.

View attachment 1396780

View attachment 1396782

View attachment 1396783
View attachment 1396784
IF you mean with radioactive grass, that the grass tips are getting white in the sun, then the problem is caused by a setting in the C13AEGIS LCS PP filter. Open "PURE config / light / Sunlight" and change the value "light.sun.speculars" to 0.250 instead of 1.000. This value is too high in the PP filter to get better sun reflections on the cars as most cars are not made for LCS. But this also makes the grass too much reflective and the grass tips are getting white.

Hi Guys

Here is my update for the Kunos default ks_brands_hatch track.

This track standard already looks pretty good, I didn't want to change much but rather improve.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy this one :)

Installation:

- Download my update and install (manual install)

- My extension file includes new lighting and a shader replacement for 3D tree branches, if you already have a extension file with rainfx etc you can simply add my settings to your file.

- Select CF1_Brands_Hatch in Content Manager to activate skins

View attachment 1396786

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures or extension, please send me a DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

Update details v1.0:

• New asph5 texture and upscaled
  • Reworked all tarmac-detail textures and upscaled
  • Reworked all race groove textures
  • Reworked all tire markings and skid marks
  • Reworked all asphalt cracks and markings
  • Reworked all main feature tree's, added curves, small hue adjustment, some sharpness, aslo added noise (noise is similiar to grain, adds a bit more texture and highlights colors) upscaled too
  • Reworked all smaller tree's and upscaled
  • Reworked all bushes and upscaled
  • Reworked treeline texture and upscaled
  • Reworked all grass textures and upscaled
  • Hill side texture reworked and upscaled
  • Landscape texture reworked
  • Reworked all 3D branch leaves, adjusted each texture alpha, hue, contrast, brightness and tones
  • Removed shadows from 3D tree's, blends in better with feature tree's and no more dark/light shadows
  • Reworked bark textures and upscaled
  • All brick textures reworked and upscaled
  • All concrete textures reworked and upscaled
  • House/building textures reworked and upscaled
  • All amco and safety walls reworked and upscaled
  • All fence kits reworked and upscaled
  • Pitlane textures reworked and upscaled
  • All wood plank textures reworked and upscaled
  • Reworked all curb and run off textures, upscaled too
  • Reworked all rumble strips and upscaled
  • Reworked tent canvas texture and upscaled
  • Reworked grandstand textures and upscaled
  • Reworked window texture and replaced glass texture (building last corner) upscaled too
  • Reworked all banners and logos
  • Added missing or blank banners with Brands Hatch banners
  • Reworked pit building texture
  • Added tint to pit building window textures
  • Replaced radio brands banner with Brands Hatch banner (Pit building)
  • Added Brands Hatch banner to pitlane garages
  • New BRSCC ambulance skin added
  • New track side marshal skin
  • Reworked marshal huts
  • All bridge textures reworked and upscaled
  • New day lighting: Glow, fog , smog, color etc. (not night lighting)
  • Maybe more :)

View attachment 1396787View attachment 1396788View attachment 1396789View attachment 1396790View attachment 1396791
View attachment 1396799
View attachment 1396792

Honestly, thank you for all your work.
You and all the modders.

Amazing work for free.

Last edited:
Nobody had answered me before but, is there any way to play in an online server mixing friends with AI?
I don't have any code knowledges but I believe that in this game it should be easy to apply, at least thinking about almost all traks have an AI line, but it's surprising how nowadays we only could play in an online server with people, so if we are 2 or 3 friends, all empty grid slots could keep simply empty and not fill it with AI cars.
Maybe Virtual Steward can do this soon
He is creating traffic on a server check it out as I don't understand it as I don't do no hesi
its also possible to drift against yourself, I like the replay merger he build in when I mentioned it

check it all out also his YT clips, He is easy to talk to just let him know what you want

Last edited:
IF you mean with radioactive grass, that the grass tips are getting white in the sun, then the problem is caused by a setting in the C13AEGIS LCS PP filter. Open "PURE config / light / Sunlight" and change the value "light.sun.speculars" to 0.250 instead of 1.000. This value is too high in the PP filter to get better sun reflections on the cars as most cars are not made for LCS. But this also makes the grass too much reflective and the grass tips are getting white.
I saw this and i did and nope, it isnt that. The grass still look radioactive with very cloudy weather, i know what you mean but it's not exactly that

I saw this and i did and nope, it isnt that. The grass still look radioactive with very cloudy weather, i know what you mean but it's not exactly that
Did you install some grassfx enhancements? There is / was something available on RD a time ago; I did install the same "improvements" but was not able to back up my old grass files. Same problem here, on some tracks.

Can someone please share the original grassfx files (ks_highlands.dds and some others), please?

I'm reworking all my cars into CM and what would be the ideal Transmission loss for the power calculation into cm?
I usually put 13% but I don't know f it's really accurate, as the announced power max in the constructor spec are usually with 0% loss

Last edited:
Did you install some grassfx enhancements? There is / was something available on RD a time ago; I did install the same "improvements" but was not able to back up my old grass files. Same problem here, on some tracks.

Can someone please share the original grassfx files (ks_highlands.dds and some others), please?
Shure, my old friend. :)

Here we go, all my over the years collected or modified grass_fx files.
I´ve them in a special folder in ..\assettocorsa\content\texture\grass_fx\ and attach them in config file like this ..\..\..\texture\grass_fx\highlands.dds
You can also simply copy them to the original location ..\assettocorsa\extension\textures\grass_fx\

Please note that the latest CSP no longer contain grass_fx files. So better save your grass_fx files for the future :)

Attachments

• new_grassfx_path.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
Hello.

After two weeks without playing AC (except installing a few new mods), this weekend, when I've got the mood to test some new cars and tracks, this happened every time a race started to load.

View attachment 1393311

No matter what car or track (tried with Kunos car/track combo as well), always the same Race cancelled window.

This is what I have set.
View attachment 1393312

And tried all these CSP without success.
View attachment 1393313

Any idea of what is wrong, and how can I fix this?
Spent all weekend searching for online tips, but with no success.

Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately, could not fix the issue, even with the given tips.
I guess AC is over for me.
Thank you to the members who were always helpful and kind. 👍

Historic skin time, folks. Very simple one.

This one is for the HSS (Discord invite) mod, and I noticed that they incorrectly labelled the #30 Zeltweg skin, as the #30 Spa car.
Not a big deal, except... The Spa #30 was the very first time the 917 was entered in a race. It's "debut". Kinda.
It was an important moment. Worth getting right.

The 1000km of Spa Francorchamps, on the 11th of May, 1969, was round six of the International Championship for Makes.

The #30 917 was fast out of the box, and Jo Siffert banged in a 3:41.9 qualifying lap, to put the new 917 on pole.
And then the driving team wisely declined to drive 1000km, at racing speeds, in the thing.
Not the "debut" Porsche was hoping for. Alls well that ends well, eh? :)

showroom.jpg

::: DOWNLOAD :::

Last edited:
Please don't, Paulo...
Perhaps just put it aside for a bit?
Often you can stare yourself blind at a problem, you take a break and come back, and solve it easily?
I mean, your choice, but I think many would miss your "salty" interjections :)

Last edited:
Paul sorry if already been posted.
  • Check the quarantine folder of your virus scan, my virus scan btw did break CM-AC.
  • Try to disable every mod, app, PP, Pure or whatever, check the CM inbuilt MOD switcher.
  • Do the https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0C48-FCBD-DA71-93EB
  • Reset the whole CM back to stock.
  • If not I’m afraid, it will be a complete reinstall.

Last edited:
One stupid question @Paulo Ribeiro. Did you check IF ASSETTO CORSA IS INSTALLED IN STEAM? Few years ago, for no reason (like happened to you) AC was always saing me RACE CANCELLED everytime i launched a test or race.

I found that ASSETTO CORSA WAS NOT INSTALLED in Steam (never understood what happened since it seems that AC was uninstalled without removing the files).

Once found that, i reinstalled AC (by changing the name of the original folder in order to keep tracks and cars) and then moved them to the new installation and everything start works fine again.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back