Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,795 comments
Anyone has experience with, uh, opening RBR files (.scg) ? Asking or a friend. I'm tired of seeing spanish modders ripping and encrypting stuff from that game.
3dsimed?
1728904609311.png

Okay still more fixes to SimDream 1982, 1983 and 1984 cars.

There were still issues.

Sorry for releasing these two times but I had to edit over 100 images / DDS files to get them right. These were SO messed up.

Brabham 1983 being the most important as there was no car number visible anywhere. Also both Patrese and Piquet wore Brazilian flag on the side. Fixed.

Someone reported that Brabham 1983 floor is transparent when he's using VR. I have no skills to fix that issue. Please do, if you can.

Cleaned up even more mess from the cars and tidied them up. More helmet fixes. I think all is now in pretty good order.

Regarding the 1982 championships (these cars are designed for the 82, 83, 84 custom championships). 1982 was the trickiest to get right as the power differences between Cosworths and turbos was enormous. According to old Derek Daly interview it was even 200 hp in the qualifying. And if you look at the real QF times from 1982 there's even 4 second differences. On the race trim they had to tone the boosts down though. But Rosberg won the title in 1982 with the 4th or 5th fastest car, because of Williams (relative) reliability and his consistency.

Turbo-less Cosworths Williams, McLaren and Lotus now have boost at 1.9. Turbo-less Cosworths (minor teams) have them at 1.7 or 1.8. Ferrari (turbo) boost 2.0, Brabham (turbo) boost 2.1 and Renault (turbo) boost 2.1. Toleman (turbo) boost is at 1.9.

This is significant as removing turbos completely from the Cosworths created another issue. Even with different power.lut the driver ai ratings didn't match their qualifying/race performances. At least I couldn't make them to perform properly.

For me the realistic results are priority. Even if you have all the graphics looking realistic it's not very cool to see Tolemans and Arrows on top of the qualifyings. Now it's very realistic. Piquet, Ferraris and Prost taking most of the poles.

Now the Cosworths are about 2-3 seconds slower on Monza, Hockenheim, Kyalami, Paul Ricard and other fast circuits, which is about accurate. The turbos WILL overtake you and you can't get a pole on these tracks. However, when you're driving a Cosworth your fuel economy is much better and in most races you only have to pit once. It created pretty cool races (imho). You still have a chance to win on street circuits and Jacarapegua. But I didn't have any chance on Monza and Oesterreichring even with one stop.

I created the AI engine failures before but that is not a good way to go because the cars leave on the track when they fail and create traffic issues. Playing with fuel economy settings was the most realistic way to create the 1982 championship.

I wasn't even born in 1982 but it was crazy fascinating era with full of mystique. Watching those old races is so cool.

I think I'm now finally done with these. I can't get them any better as I'm not a really good modder. But now the seasons are fully playable (as I made tons of fixes to the SD car physics, with the advice of Thockard.) Way less crashes (although 1982 was a crazy season which SHOULD have a lot of crashes).

There are so many more better modders than me. If you can fix these cars even more, please do and send me the stuff.

PS: Shin has Detroit 1982 coming and Nurburgring 1984. I've already tested the 1984 Ring and it's amazing.

MGJCoEy.png

iexPQ0A.png

b0ULych.png

seI9Y1g.png

xlxj1dT.png

cXqCL0S.png

jwhZw8t.jpg

HaBh5Gn.png

1982 season & track files in the video description

1983 season & track files in the video description

1984 season & track files in the video description.

Edit:

Just to report about my SD 1982, 1983 and 1984 car mods:

Played a 30 lap race on Long Beach with 1982 cars, 21 car grid. Not one single crash. Not even one.

Before the tweaks only 6-7 cars finished the race. Half of the vanilla SD cars slingshotted from those bouncy kerbs to the wall and retired. Softening the suspension and altering the ARB really did the trick. I'm very happy. Now these cars run ok. They are not RSS/VRC/ASR quality but almost decent. Top speed for non-turbos is about 300 km/h which is (again) about right. Turbo Brabham can reach 320-330 on the straights.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back