Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,051 comments
@StoffelWaffle this 850 looks accurate indeed. Is it the one that FSR have ported? I think the one I'm using is from ASW but there are no credits on it. -The 405 you updated ended up dope! Have you uploaded anywhere?

@BruceD I thought that the 155 debuted in early 1993, wasn't it? :confused: I probably missed one year.

@maximeerkat yeah, collecting the same cars again and again is my life's story! You have to see how many 956's, 962's and 935's I have just because of this phenomenon. -As you said what @Zin5ki did is the best solution to combine all the parts available for a race car into one mod, but in this (Zin5ki's) case, the car appears with the parts all together in custom showroom. Possibly I did something wrong with the installation and I have no idea how to fix. The same happened with the DTM 155 that was lately posted here. It had all the available parts bolted on at the same time, while mods like the 206 WRC from "Koldo y Verdes" can be displayed with one set of parts at a time. If all the mods were made this way, we could have just 1000 cars covering all the history, instead of 3000-4000 :lol:

And since we talk about Volvo 850's. Are there any stock sedans out there? Are there any S70's (no, it's not a typo)? Any 1st gen V70?

@StoffelWaffle this 850 looks accurate indeed. Is it the one that FSR have ported? I think the one I'm using is from ASW but there are no credits on it. -The 405 you updated ended up dope! Have you uploaded anywhere?

@BruceD I thought that the 155 debuted in early 1993, wasn't it? :confused: I probably missed one year.

@maximeerkat yeah, collecting the same cars again and again is my life's story! You have to see how many 956's, 962's and 935's I have just because of this phenomenon. -As you said what @Zin5ki did is the best solution to combine all the parts available for a race car into one mod, but in this (Zin5ki's) case, the car appears with the parts all together in custom showroom. Possibly I did something wrong with the installation and I have no idea how to fix. The same happened with the DTM 155 that was lately posted here. It had all the available parts bolted on at the same time, while mods like the 206 WRC from "Koldo y Verdes" can be displayed with one set of parts at a time. If all the mods were made this way, we could have just 1000 cars covering all the history, instead of 3000-4000 :lol:

And since we talk about Volvo 850's. Are there any stock sedans out there? Are there any S70's (no, it's not a typo)? Any 1st gen V70?
Yes it is the FSR model I updated a bit so I could paint the windows and front lights.

Separate model so it doesn't overwrite FSR's original

As for Cyril's 405, can't really share it for obvious reasons lol

Also since we're talking about FSR... Lil sneak peak of something I'm working on - proper 4K skins for their LMU port (not their upscaled, barely 2k ripped stuff). And further fixes :)

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is the FSR model I updated a bit so I could paint the windows and front lights.

Separate model so it doesn't overwrite FSR's original

As for Cyril's 405, can't really share it for obvious reasons lol

Also since we're talking about FSR... Lil sneak peak of something I'm working on - proper 4K skins for their LMU port (not their upscaled, barely 2k ripped stuff). And further fixes :)

View attachment 1399311View attachment 1399312
Is the 405 a private mod?

I've been to a number of 3D model marketplaces, and there are plenty of Alfa 164 models with hi-poly exteriors. None of them have an equally detailed interior though, and the 164 has been so far ignored by all the major racing game franchises. There are AR 164 mods for GTA San Andreas, but they're all low-poly models based on 20-year-old technology.
If all else fails, we could crowdsource an HQ interior on on CGTrader etc.

Is anyone else with a FFB wheel (especially a DDW) getting horribly notchy digital on-off force feedback when cornering hard on the limit and initiating a powerslide?
I'm getting told it's a 'me' issue so wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.
Joypad users need not reply.
Thanks.
I don't know if its related but I was trying that "steering assist" setting in the setup of one of my cars on the weekend and found when the force was set low the FFB felt very "notchy" and inconsistent. Perhaps they are running the steering assist settings too low. Might be worth trying to tweak it to see.

@Kominos - nah, 1994.

Last edited:
Probably the best racing livery ever. The simple combination of advertising for The Swedish Army and a Swedish fast-food-restaurant serving korv och mos (sausages and mashed potatoes). Absolutely loving it.

View attachment 1399292
The only good fast food joint left in Sweden, McDonalds, Max and Burger King can't even dream to compete with it.

Is the 405 a private mod?
No, It's available on Cyrils Patreon. But you can just grab it on ACTK if you really want it. After all it seems to just be an straight GTR2 port from Andrea's GTR2 super touring mod ( at least in quality ) and all Cyril did was put in a proper interior and slap PM3DM's S40/Primera physics on it.

No, It's available on Cyrils Patreon. But you can just grab it on ACTK if you really want it. After all it seems to just be an straight GTR2 port from Andrea's GTR2 super touring mod ( at least in quality ) and all Cyril did was put in a proper interior and slap PM3DM's S40/Primera physics on it.
The interior is half the fun. Maybe even more. Many mods are unusable in vr because of horrible interiors. So for me, Cyril making proper interiors is perfect. When driving, I can't really see an incorrect wing or a tesselated wheel arch, but the interior is in my face all the time.

The best is of course correct cars with perfect interiors, but I can't always eat cake either.

Here's Oesterreichring ads for the 80's F1 races. This masterpiece of a track is great to drive now as Shin fixed the crashing issue.

Now it looks more correct for my 82-87 seasons. F1 races had track specific ads and Oesterreichring had Milde Sorte (which was a cigarette brand).

16Qef4S.jpg

A2hV6Pt.jpg

enktdwW.jpg

kkXFFDu.jpg

Xj6VBkN.jpg

Extract to your track folder. Adds 80s_skins folder only.

Last edited:

There is no one on this forum that would LOVE all the bits that could be changed more than me i drive swingman and swingman only so the outside is important to me. But its just not practical there are to may differences between models, you put an earlier front bumper on it........great! what about the door mirrors? or the rear wing or the wheels?

you end up going down a rabbit hole, however i would love the rear badges to be de-coupled from the rest of the chrome so i can hide it through an ext_config that is more "needed" to me than anything else but i would be biased being a skinner.

im just happy there ia a decent enough 405 btcc in the game

infact im so bloody happy im going in for another 2 skins on this 405, its not bad to skin i was due to be away from my computer for a few days but that fell through so back to some more skin - a - roonies plus i need to update the ones already there again due to finding the last sticker that i could not find before and other bits and boobies

Last edited:
Here's 1982-1984 Zolder.

Gas station removed (well it's invisible now)
Factories removed (they shouldn't be visible in 1982 and 1984)
Solar panels removed

I also removed stuff like heater pump from the buildings as they didn't exist in the 80's.

I feel the track has very nice 80s "vibe" now. There's no way to make the graphics 100% accurate as there's simply not enough footage but the layout is correct and driving the track really FEELS correct, a bit like the Rainmaker's AC 1988 tracks which are masterpieces. And as it's meant for both 1982 and 1984. Why not 1981 too. Zolder was in the calendar then too.

Correct layout by RevolverS. It plays wonderfully with my modded SD 1982 and 1984 cars. Fast ai, amazing job, virtually ZERO crashes, great ai lines. HUGE thanks for sharing this circuit for us.

Thanks to RMi Wood I was able to learn so much more again. I'm not a modder, just a Photoshop professional (I use it in my work) and a passionate classic F1 fan who wants to play these years. And I actually DO play them. I don't really drive anything else in AC besides these classic F1's. Well RUF Yellowbird and Porsche 993 GT2 are dream cars (which has been done so well) sometimes.

Thanks to this forum I've been able to learn the basic stuff so I can fix some simple things like graphics.

This track now has all accurate sponsors for the era. Elf, Parmalat, Pirelli, Olivetti, Vespa, Marlboro, Rank Xerox, Ellesse, Fuji Film, Shell, etc. all that I have been able to find from the limited footage. I actually watched the full 1984 Zolder race yesterday. Couldn't find the 80s Vespa logo anywhere so I painted it.

Feel free to improve the track or use my skins anywhere you want. From the visual standpoint the track needs more trees at the place where the factory was.

I'm quite happy how I managed to transform the SimDream 1982, 1983 and 1984 cars. They all have correct numbers and (somewhat) correct helmets. It was a HUGE job to fix all SD mistakes I can tell you. The cars don't crash much at all anymore and my seasons are fully playable and the results are very realistic. As you can see in this preview Lauda (eventual 1984 champ) AI 100 and Prost (eventual runner-up AI 100 who lost the title by only 1/2 points) dominated the Zolder qualifying. Sure my methods to make the SD cars competitive were primitive and sloppy as I'm not a modder (like all other tyremodels than supersoft removed) but it's very effective. They're very fast now. Also adjusting the suspension and ARB fixed many issues at Long Beach and Dallas. In their vanilla form they were completely and utterly hopeless (like 3 seconds slower with race mediums) and crashed all over the place. But the fundametal physics are from Kunos Lotus98t.

Personally, I think these old Kunos98T based cars are nicer to drive than the modern F1's. The tyre feel is better in the old ones and somehow this era was so much more exciting anyway. Not as sterile as F1 is today.

Shin has Detroit 1982 and Nurburgring 1984 WIPs which I have both tested and they are as usual great quality. So those are covered.

One more 1982-1984 era track nailed now.

We still need working 80s Zandvoort, 80s Brands Hatch and the old Long Beach 1982 layout. The seasons have ok Brands and Long Beach but that Beach layout is not accurate for 1982 and no decent Zandvoort is available. One that isn't a crash mayhem.

Video is in three parts that shows.

1. Pitstop, the (ex) gas station area and paddock building ads.
2. Actual 1984 F1 season race start and first lap
3. TV view of the first laps where you can see the ads properly

Extract to your /rt_zolder folder and activate the 1982_1984_skins.

Here is the full track with base rt_zolder (in case you don't have it).

Video has the link to the 1982 and 1984 season downloads.

1729525487160.png

Can someone give it a less 80s graphics-wise vibe? :)
Or were those lines irl really drawn like that? (I suppose not)

There's always a weird moment of suspended disbelief when this happen. I guess it's my turn. Wish me luck on downloading back the 1000 tracks i lost today 🥲.

Edit : i have the ****test friends, don't bother.
View attachment 1399301
did you check if they are not in tracks-off directory?

did you check if they are not in tracks-off directory?
I got pranked, like big time. Friends came over, had a few games and dinner, let them play while cooking. Told them about my yt channel, how i had to ban haters from commenting, speedom of freech, had a laugh about me being a dictator. We all went to eat and i started worrying this morning while on my day off.

Turns out they manage to copy and delete the tracks' folder, and created a big "Don't delete comments on yt" folder in the middle of my desktop. Inside it were the "Spa Petitchamps" track (that they probably randomly discovered while testing the rig and thought was hilarious as the only track left for me to play), and a gif giving me the middle finger titled "freedom of speech" which immediatly made me think i got hacked. Secured everything, changed my password, deleted every app that wasn't necessary, checked for unwanted softwares running in the background, unplugged the Ethernet cable.

And THEN started to think about it. I hated that day off.

Last edited:
I got pranked, like big time. Friends came over, had a few games and dinner, let them play while cooking. Told them about my yt channel, how i had to ban haters from commenting, speedom of freech, had a laugh about me being a dictator. We all went to eat and i started worrying this morning while on my day off.

Turns out they manage to copy and delete the tracks' folder, and created a big "Don't delete comments on yt" folder in the middle of my desktop. Inside it were the "Spa Petitchamps" track (that they probably randomly discovered while testing the rig and thought was hilarious as the only track left for me to play), and a gif giving me the middle finger titled "freedom of speech" which immediatly made me think i got hacked. Secured everything, changed my password, deleted every app that wasn't necessary, checked for unwanted softwares running in the background, unplugged the Ethernet cable.

And THEN started to think about it. I hated that day off.
You should get new friends. ;)

BTW: When digging more into the old ETCC and DTM, it would be fun to recreate the 1984 ETCC season. But most of the cars I can find that are suitable for this are at best meh and really only usable for AI grid fillers. The Volvo 240 is ok, and also a couple of BMW 635-s (one from Tommy and one from Legion, both ok), but the rest are really old models from RJE. Are there any others out there?

Jaguar XJ-S, Rover Vitesse SD1, Alfa Romeo GTV/6, Toyota Celica Supra, among others.

Last edited:
You should get new friends. ;)

BTW: When digging more into the old ETCC and DTM, it would be fun to recreate the 1984 ETCC season. But most of the cars I can find that are suitable for this are at best meh and really only usable for AI grid fillers. The Volvo 240 is ok, and also a couple of BMW 635-s (one from Tommy and one from Legion, both ok), but the rest are really old models from RJE. Are there any others out there?

Jaguar XJ-S, Rover Vitesse SD1, Alfa Romeo GTV/6, Toyota Celica Supra, among others.
If you have facebook, Aussie Big Banger and ATCC has a couple of those cars. All for free and in relatively decent condition

Last edited:
If you have facebook, Aussie Big Banger and ATCC has a couple of those cars. All for free and in relatively decent condition
ATCC easy ressource access, especially if you don't want to spend hours left and right :

Also, some seasons/cars/tracks are really poorly modded, but updated with time. What i mean, if you end up with something atrocious, try another one, they DO have excellent stuff.

Here's Oesterreichring ads for the 80's F1 races. This masterpiece of a track is great to drive now as Shin fixed the crashing issue.

Now it looks more correct for my 82-87 seasons. F1 races had track specific ads and Oesterreichring had Milde Sorte (which was a cigarette brand).

16Qef4S.jpg

A2hV6Pt.jpg

enktdwW.jpg

kkXFFDu.jpg

Xj6VBkN.jpg

Extract to your track folder. Adds 80s_skins folder only.

What version of the track is this for?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back