Bad ffb after last patch 2.04

Yeah I searched for them but nothing like this came up. Anyway I drove many cars to see what is going on. My main one I found was wierd was the GT500 GTR's. The wheel is really "loose" around the centre and it's not jolting everywhere like it used to.

When you use the word "noticeably weaker" and "feels the same" in describing the same subject (the FFB on the G25), how it could it not be conflicting. The same goes for "...besides being weaker, no change". Being weaker than what?

I apologize. I meant that the ffb effects are pretty much the same, but feel weaker. I don't know a better way of saying it.

I also have a G27 and everything is fine with mine also. I assume you have checked your fb settings in the option menu making sure they are at 10. Sometimes, after an update, they get defaulted back to 5.

I have a G27 as well. I haven't experienced such a drastic decrease in feedback from the wheel as many people claim, and I have been running since day one with the same wheel settings. I think the key is to have the feedback at 10, simulation mode and disable power steering.

I apologize. I meant that the ffb effects are pretty much the same, but feel weaker. I don't know a better way of saying it.

There's nothing to apologise. When I mentioned it, it's just an observation. Life in itself is full of conflict :)

Did some racing and a bunch of drifting last night. Now that my G27 opperates so much smoother, I seem to be able to drift better. It's probably because the wheel isn't constantly fighting me at every bump. Leaving me with more feel of what the car is doing. When in a real car do you ever have to fight the wheel anyways? So the old way was far from realistic, and it always kind of bugged me how it fought you so much, especially in a straight line. Only thing I miss now, is feeling the kerbs. I feel that hitting the kerbs would definitely be transmitted to the steering wheel in a real car. Especially when you nick the edge of a high angle kerb.

I went from 4 to 6 on t500rs. With no power steering and sim mode.

Ffb feels more gentle, less sharp. Can't really explain. like butter . Before like rock

I have now changed my setting to Power Steering OFF. I think it was Amar that mentioned it.

I now have FFB set to 4 as it has always been and now I seem to have the feel back that I had previously with Power Steering set to ON.

On catching oversteer, I seem to have to make a little larger turn to catch it than previously.

A happier camper here now :)

I find the FFB to be smoother now. As a result, I feel even more, the subtle differences in cars.

I like. I like. 👍 (Don't feel the curbs as much though)

Most cars have steering geometry that tries to diminish bump-steer as much as possible as it is generally undesirable and even dangerous.

Maybe GT5 is more realistic now that the FF doesn't smack the wheel (FF) as hard when hitting a curb?

If you were in a motion rig, you'd get a big jolt from the rig, or maybe some vibration in the steering wheel, but not necessarily a ''turning force'' in the steering wheel of a real car or FF in a sim if done correctly.

Something to think about anyway.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_steer

Last edited:
For me its about wrestling with a car that makes gt5 fun, numbing that is a real dissapointment

I agree. It's the reason why the FFB is adjustable and to make it more effective, there should be a huge difference when you have you have the FFB at 5 or at 10.

BWX
Most cars have steering geometry that tries to diminish bump-steer as much as possible as it is generally undesirable and even dangerous.

Maybe GT5 is more realistic now that the FF doesn't smack the wheel (FF) as hard when hitting a curb?

If you were in a motion rig, you'd get a big jolt from the rig, or maybe some vibration in the steering wheel, but not necessarily a ''turning force'' in the steering wheel of a real car or FF in a sim if done correctly.

Something to think about anyway.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_steer

Hitting a curb and the wheel moving from that is not relative to bump steer IMO

Bump steer is more thought of when you lower a car and hit bumps going straight. The bumps cause the suspension to travel this travel with the lower car changing the angle of steering will make the car steer one way or another. If you ever experienced it you know what it is.

Common in lowered vehicles without raising the steering rack up and Getting tie rods angle right.

Anyway a manual steering rack. Which I expect the feeling of in GT5 using racing cars or at least a quick ratio gearbox. These items will leave curbs and other forces on wheels and tires going through the wheel and the driver will indeed feel it.

I see road cars power steering absorbing any shocks. Not a racing car though.

They are getting close just need to give some more user control for preference here.

^^ I didn't notice a change, either.

Wind noise should stay the same or it needs to be possible to adjust the volume for individual sound effects.

I find the FFB to be smoother now. As a result, I feel even more, the subtle differences in cars.

I like. I like. 👍 (Don't feel the curbs as much though)

👍 Me, too. I'm using the DFGT.

Last edited:
While participating in a few online rally races today, I realized that in the Impreza Rally Car '03, once the wheel is turned about 2/3 either way, it bounces/tries to skip back, like it's hitting a stop/limiter. Reminds me of the feeling that I get in DiRT3 when the wheel is turned more than 1/4 turn and hit it's limiter.

I have g27 and I had problems with the car understeering, I can't feel nothing when going over bumps. Somehow I feel like my set up was changed, before the update my m3 drove amazing but now it understeers like crazy. So I don't know what is going on I am really confused.

Mixed feelings.. I like how the subtler bumps on track feel and braking into corners feels more alive in the steering. However, going over curbs is just mushy and horrible now. Cant really tell which part of the curb you're on. Hope they fix this.

Ever since the last update, i noticed the Torque Sensing Center Differential (4WD) can only be adjusted in increments of 5, and now the handling of them just doesn't feel right to me.....

I read about the issues on the FFB since the update to 2.04 and finally got to try it out tonight on my T500RS and I have to say, they have messed up big time, I usually have my Feedback Strength set to 6 and it was plenty strong, but now, even when cranked up to 10, it just doesn't feel the same, everything just feels weaker (running over the curb, tapping the other cars, going over bumps and so forth).

Also, seems like the first 10 degrees right or left is now a dead zone, there are no feedback at all.

Please fix this, revert back to exactly how it was before the patch, I know there was problems driving the X201* cars as it would rip your arms out from the socket but setting the Feedback Strength to 1 would fix that issue when driving those cars. Now, as it stands, it just ruins the experience for ALL cars....

Please fix this by reverting back to the way it was.

This sounds realy weird. Mixed feelings here a lot. I have a G25 and FFB feels good, maybe the kerbs could be felt a bit more. At least in the race cars.

Not sure but there is a larger dead zone in my G25 now. My setting is at 5 FFB and everything is set to off. Cars feel a lot better when attacking corners, but when you understeer you really get this loss of contact and your inputs do nothing. Not sure if I like this new change. I will play around with it more to see what else turns up.

Not sure why you people are complaining about not feeling the curbs, unless you are riding up on perpendicular curbs, the transition from curb to road surface should be relatively subtle and even at 5 I still get the feel of going over curbing, just this larger dead zone feels weird. Need to have adjustment that allows to set dead zone manually instead of automatic. Come on PD we are not babies, lets us do our own tinkering to play the game more comfortably.

GT5 has so far been going in the direction of comfortable and familiar gamer oriented game play. Keep it this way by adding full settings for steering wheels and controllers : dead zone setting for wheels, trigger sensitivity for controllers, like really this should not even be an issue it should be in there from day one.

I have to agree that the new FFB is poor in my opinion.
The dead zone around center feels awful.
Does anyone else have a problem with the tracking changing mid race or between races. It seems to keep varying where i need to point the wheel to go straight. Sometimes its a few degrees right and sometimes left and sometimes perfect. I have tried numerous times to recalibrate the wheel (even mid race) but its never correct for long. I use a fanatec CSR wheel btw.

Thanks

I have tried numerous times to recalibrate the wheel (even mid race) but its never correct for long. I use a fanatec CSR wheel btw.Thanks

Go to the SEN (SENSITIVITY) setting and instead of 900 set it to OFF.

When SEN setting is set to OFF on Fantatec FMW it takes the actual information regarding steering-degree value from the game and does not "force" it via own OS.

Back