<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some cars are good for 1 lap pace and some are better in race pace situations and some its really the driver that makes the difference

So just took 30kg off VW. Managed 2:03.6 but the car is completely different. Getting it off the line is super hard as it just spins its wheels.
I don't think there is a cure for the VW if Im honest, car is still nervous with less weight.

SkengD
Some cars are good for 1 lap pace and some are better in race pace situations and some its really the driver that makes the difference

Yeah I agree but Paul is very quick. He is able to pull at least 1 out of a car more than me.

I think VW is just a very inconsistent car which is quick one lap or at least not slow and then miles of the pace next lap.

Remember you cant expect the vw to be top car at monza

Ill be back in rolos lounge in 15 mins

SkengD
Remember you cant expect the vw to be top car at monza

Ill be back in rolos lounge in 15 mins

Considering its a,power car I didnt think it would be this bad. Im losing 0.7 in s2/3 and that is basically braking and tight corners.

@rolo: The main concern is that losing the weight you cant get off quickly. It does take an age to get off even in 2nd.

Maybe too much work to balance?

I guess but weezy isnt even using a rear wing and he has been fastest so far , wing isnt really needed

I already know this will be the only Scirocco season. Already got replacement(s) in mind for S6. For now the Atenza is back to give another option.

@skeng I'm not keen on mixing the aero and non-aero cars. They'll either be too fast or too slow, depending on the track. I'm keen to see how Weezy gets on with tyre wear. It might be his preferred strategy but I don't think it will work out everywhere.

rolo912011
I already know this will be the only Scirocco season. Already got replacement(s) in mind for S6. For now the Atenza is back to give another option.

@skeng I'm not keen on mixing the aero and non-aero cars. They'll either be too fast or too slow, depending on the track. I'm keen to see how Weezy gets on with tyre wear. It might be his preferred strategy but I don't think it will work out everywhere.

Yeah its a wise choice. I think I will swap and go to Mazda, much better suited car. 👍

I'll test out the cars when I get home tonight, and make up my mind when I'm done.

uhm not very hapy about the current last minute car addition... I'm tempted to switch to the atenza too but i'll sty with the alfa anyway.

If the bst race gets postponed i will be in rolos lounge

Hell i might want to switch to the mazda too , zoom zoom

Scirocco always has had some of the worst acceleration. In TOCA spec, was one of the very slowest 0-60 but top end pulled it right back to the front over a mile.

The Mazda was actually about a tenth off the back of the pack for me, but I'm gonna re-run it on most of the tracks and see if I can close the gap.

If you can find a perfect setup for the Mazda; I may make a last minute move; we'll see about it though...

Just re-ran the Mazda and it's slotted back into the main pack.

Curiously, when I convert my times to championship points, the VW, Hyundai (run at 1300) and Nissan are the bottom three cars.... but on average lap time the Nissan and BMWs are slowest, with the Scirocco the slowest FF car.

It's all relative though, all the FFs are split on average by 0.105 of a second!

Plus you kinda want the FR cars to lag a little behind because of their race pace advantage.

Last edited:
Just re-ran the Mazda and it's slotted back into the main pack.

Curiously, when I convert my times to championship points, the VW, Hyundai (run at 1300) and Nissan are the bottom three cars....
There's something badly wrong with the steering on that Nissan. It has a massive dead zone at the centre. Feels awful using a wheel. Almost undriveable.

ROB 256R
There's something badly wrong with the steering on that Nissan. It has a massive dead zone at the centre. Feels awful using a wheel. Almost undriveable.

Yeh it needs a lot more steering input then then the others, I'm not sure why that is.

Yeah the steering is very heavy.. perhaps it's easier to get around with DS3. When I raced it against you guys at Fuji I thought it wasn't too bad actually. Have considered a small weight drop but then it would be too good.

rolo912011
Yeah the steering is very heavy.. perhaps it's easier to get around with DS3. When I raced it against you guys at Fuji I thought it wasn't too bad actually. Have considered a small weight drop but then it would be too good.

If no one is using it why change the spec? It seemed fast when you had it so possibly only good in DS3 hands?

Back