<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great races guys, sorry for my nudges, but Can I ask people watch there mirrors, was rammed off (badly) twice, nudges are find I can understand, but when it causes a spin ~.~

Great races guys, sorry for my nudges, but Can I ask people watch there mirrors, was rammed off (badly) twice, nudges are find I can understand, but when it causes a spin ~.~

That first nudge was likely my fault and I sincerely apologise.

I reckon I performed quite well in that test session with some good close racing apart from one stupid mistake in Race 2. I'm still playing down my chances of fighting for wins and podiums but I'll likely be lurking in the shadows ready to pounce.

That first nudge was likely my fault and I sincerely apologise.

I reckon I performed quite well in that test session with some good close racing apart from one stupid mistake in Race 2. I'm still playing down my chances of fighting for wins and podiums but I'll likely be lurking in the shadows ready to pounce.

Its okay mate! Just I got aggrivated 'cause I don't really know ya :P, but hey as Scania will tell ya, I had a hefty one my first race XD, but good races and congratulations on your win!

I feel down and sad for my racing behaviour, i'm really not used to car to car battles with 4-5 cars and i might have gone too far :(

guess i'l pay this dearly in the season with penalties and race bans... T_T i'll try to get better

I feel down and sad for my racing behaviour, i'm really not used to car to car battles with 4-5 cars and i might have gone too far :(

guess i'l pay this dearly in the season with penalties and race bans... T_T i'll try to get better

Its k mate, do you play inside or outside of car, if inside use look left at right to keep an eye behind you so you don't turn in on people, if outside, press L1 when you can to check all is good before turning.
As for overtaking, id you wont be half way alongside then going into corners, just spook them, make it look like you go for overtake, but stick behind them and pounce after corner, also keep an eye for mistakes, if someone drives off the road, you have the rights to shove your car where they were, within reason!

You just have to pick and choose your moments a bit better Karsten. I know it's difficult when racing in a pack because you almost have to pass the car in front, or the one behind will pass you. So I understand. You were 99% ok with me.

The handicaps proved to work well, which was good. Very hard to get a decent result when down on power and nobody with full handicap, or nearly full handicap ever really came close to winning a race. 3 different winners was a good sign.

I thought the pit stops were cruel as ever to some unfortunate people. Skeng got done over at least once. Almost ruins a good race. Would increasing the pit window by 1 lap help spread us out? That is the problem. Too many people all stopping on the same lap.

i think the handicap were a tiny little bit too much, but maybe it was due to the extra long straight at fuji....

concerning pits i think spreading won't help due to the crazy need for someone's draft and the low life tires

oh btw i'm copressing the video and later i'll be uploading it during the night.

it looks good and i tried my best to give some spotlight to all and catch the most interesting bits here and there. Since the only one pointing me highlights was bren i tried to do the best i could by myself.

No commentary in the vid, i've been thinking about it but i don not feel my english good enough and it is a very long and tedious process for me. if someone will provide it i'll post an updated video with it on.

Feel free to post comments, suggestions and anything that catches you as soon as you 'll be able to watch the vid.

Instead of using commentary, could you add annotations?

I didn't expect you to have a video in progress quite so quickly. I've not even seen a replay yet. :lol:

good news: the vid will be online in about one hour.

bad news: for some reason the overlay i created is at a wrong offset ?_? i do not understand this for in the editing software and pre-render preview it was all ok.

in any case i think it's a pretty cool thing to look at and the race was actually quite nice

video will be here available in one hour from now: http://youtu.be/QUlTPPkoPJI

Looked good.

Rolo is the handicap thing something that will continue or is it just for the 1 make series?

sorry bout the sharp exit last night the inlaws were in this neck of the woods for their dinner and thought they'd just pop in for a cuppa...not ideal..but hey ho!

Looked good.

Rolo is the handicap thing something that will continue or is it just for the 1 make series?

Not sure yet, GT6 might allow for a pre-set system, who knows? It's not working out too badly so far though.

I think it was atiny little bit too nuch but that might be 'cause i'm not as fast as you lol

Also qualifying with power penalty was quite unfair imho

Not sure yet, GT6 might allow for a pre-set system, who knows? It's not working out too badly so far though.

Yeah forgot about that.

Depending how indepth they went you could set up and run a very good championship if they added the option!

Not actually that long await now tho so :)

I think it was atiny little bit too nuch but that might be 'cause i'm not as fast as you lol

Also qualifying with power penalty was quite unfair imho

Any one else concerned with any "double penalty" arising from the handicap system? e.g. reverse grids + PP handicap?

Any one else concerned with any "double penalty" arising from the handicap system? e.g. reverse grids + PP handicap?

I think the double penalty would only cause concern on tracks like Fuji with that long straight. The differences might become negligible on tighter twistier tracks where power discrepancies give way to cornering speed.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

I think the penalties are quite strong but it should level the playing field and give us some new winners

I think

btw seems the video experiment was a complete failure lol. No views, no comments, no interest

lol

nah, i just had too high expectations for it.

anyway it takes 2 hours capturing and montage+2hours rendering and uploading so now i have a figure of it

I would have watched it Karsten, except that it won't let me view it on my mobile. Youtube is a pain.

The double handicap is very harsh, I was struggling on race 3 and once the slipstream had gone, I was never going to catch back up. Although Fuji is a fast track and it's hopefully as bad as it can ever get. I guess a lot depends upon the calendar, is it a fairly well balanced calendar in terms of handling vs power tracks, or are the majority of them power tracks?

The whole idea is to give others a chance to win and I do quite like the handicap and achieving a decent finish while being the underdog will be really satisfying....assuming that it's going to be possible.

How did you get on Rolo? You had the max PP reduction.

I'd say calendar was more handling-based.

I was thinking about removing the reverse grid from Race 3 and changing it to be being set on 'Grid Based on Previous Race Results'... if you have an HP reduction, theoretically you should go a little bit backwards, right? The slightly slower guys need as much practice in passing the field as the fast guys get, right?

Because Race 1 is also a reverse grid, so that's a "double penalty" race. Why have two "double penalty" races.. then it's "quadruple penalty"!! :sly:

I don't see the issue with qualifying for R2 with the penalty. Qualifying is part of that race session.

Race 2 was very tough. 5th was always going to be my maximum, and I could have easily come 7th in that race. In R2 qualifying I was 0.8 down on my best time on full power. I realise Fuji is an extreme case though.

I would have watched it Karsten, except that it won't let me view it on my mobile. Youtube is a pain.

The double handicap is very harsh, I was struggling on race 3 and once the slipstream had gone, I was never going to catch back up. Although Fuji is a fast track and it's hopefully as bad as it can ever get. I guess a lot depends upon the calendar, is it a fairly well balanced calendar in terms of handling vs power tracks, or are the majority of them power tracks?

The whole idea is to give others a chance to win and I do quite like the handicap and achieving a decent finish while being the underdog will be really satisfying....assuming that it's going to be possible.

How did you get on Rolo? You had the max PP reduction.

I can say, out of corners everyone with reduction I almost went into rear of then over and over, but I figured that but when Rolo was max reduction, I had to use like half throttle not to hit him....

I suppose you could scale back the handicaps by one notch? So instead of the top level being 12pp then 10 8 6 4. Make the top 10pp then 8 6 4 2? Doing this would essentially give back 4hp to each level. So the range would be 4hp-20hp. Instead of the 8hp-24hp we tested. Given they are all 4hp apart maybe having 8hp as the lowest (5th place) handicap is too much. Maybe we should start at 4hp?

I'd say on their own, the levels we tested were pretty good. But maybe with a reverse grid as well, it is possibly too tough. Depends on how many we expect to turn up each week? Obviously bigger grids will exaggerate the combined effects of the handicaps.

Back