<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of the main points with the tyres is to get the wear rate correct for the time/distances we are expecting to run. It's important that the tyres start to wear towards the pit stop window and beyond the mid-race distance they need to feel as though they're past their best. That will make the option of an early or late pit stop more risky for the driver and a certain degree of skill and tyre management would be necessary.

The soft/medium option is the quickest but sticking to one tyre compound is probably much more simple for everyone.

EDIT// damn mobile phones....they're too slow.

OK we'll leave the tyres.

Superpole would take too long karsten. Can just have a random grid today, then for the season itself it's the same format as before.

Well for race 1 we could always use the order the last season ended as a reverse grid in effect...New people at the front with the winners at the back...depending on who turns up obviously...

One of the main points with the tyres is to get the wear rate correct for the time/distances we are expecting to run. It's important that the tyres start to wear towards the pit stop window and beyond the mid-race distance they need to feel as though they're past their best. That will make the option of an early or late pit stop more risky for the driver and a certain degree of skill and tyre management would be necessary.

The soft/medium option is the quickest but sticking to one tyre compound is probably much more simple for everyone.

EDIT// damn mobile phones....they're too slow.
Yeah I kinda agree and tbh I'm more inclined to go with very fast as the wear rate as it posses the the most difficult to adjust to...I mean yeah you could in theory make it all the way to the end of the race using fast but on very fast it's much less likely...therefore ensuring that the longer you run on a set the more time you will lose...making it much more tactical ....

Well for race 1 we could always use the order the last season ended as a reverse grid in effect...New people at the front with the winners at the back...depending on who turns up obviously...

PP handicap for the Top 5 in the championship last season for Race 1.

Works for me.

Yeah I kinda agree and tbh I'm more inclined to go with very fast as the wear rate as it posses the the most difficult to adjust to...I mean yeah you could in theory make it all the way to the end of the race using fast but on very fast it's much less likely...therefore ensuring that the longer you run on a set the more time you will lose...making it much more tactical ....

Even on the softs?

I'm all for dropping the mixed compound mess... It might cause problems while pitting and i really see no reason for it beside one driver liking hartder tires behind lol

Concerning superpole it would take 30seconds per driver + e laps time. Less than last season qualify

I'm up for some GTA V carnage. :)

The soft tyres seem to wear about right on the fast tyre wear. After 7 laps at Fuji the tyres are beyond their useful best unless I've been careful with them and Fuji hasn't got the highest tyre degridation.

I'm up for some GTA V carnage. :)

The soft tyres seem to wear about right on the fast tyre wear. After 7 laps at Fuji the tyres are beyond their useful best unless I've been careful with them and Fuji hasn't got the highest tyre degridation.

Yeah after running a couple of mock races with fast tire wear and one of us running the steepest of penalties and the other full power it's a good combo...

Anyone that wants a practice, Canyon's room is open for anyone to join. ;)

Pit entry is difficult. I need to slow down to keep it within the lines and avoid the wall on the right hand side. It is possible to go in virtually flat out, but to do so I would have to cut a painted corner which wouldn't be keeping it within the rules. So I'd advise anyone to try the pit entry a few times prior to the race. If I brake into the pits to keep it legit and the car behind doesn't it'll be very messy.

My car is broken in now after pounding round some ovals to get it up to full power faster. Now I'm good and ready for tonight's official test session.

I also did a few laps of Fuji GT as a sort of "pre-test" and set a 1:49.369 as a personal best.

HP drops for Race 1:

1st : skengdigi -12pp (-24hp) = 457pp (222hp)
2nd: Red_Leader -10pp (-20hp) = 459pp (226hp)
3rd: PleaseD1e -8pp (-16hp) = 461pp (230hp)
4th: canyondrifter -6pp (-12hp) = 463pp (234hp)
5th: Strawman__Andy -4pp (-8hp) = 465pp (238hp)

It will be important this season that the Top 5 people in the Championship arrive in the lounge promptly, else the start will be delayed!

Practice for the practice huh? You lot are keen.

Is 6.55 considered prompt? I'm double booked with WGT1 praccy you see.

HP drops for Race 1:

It will be important this season that the Top 5 people in the Championship arrive in the lounge promptly, else the start will be delayed!

ill be there in about an hour

The races will be 11 Laps, Pit 4 - 7.

Schedule will run as per a normal race night for the first 3 races. 👍

Lounge ready in a quick second.

HP drops for Race 1:

I'll be online around 6:30 and I've noted my ballast so there's no probs...see you all later and good luck and equally have fun...

My car is broken in now after pounding round some ovals to get it up to full power faster. Now I'm good and ready for tonight's official test session.

I also did a few laps of Fuji GT as a sort of "pre-test" and set a 1:49.369 as a personal best.

That time should be fine.

Tried experimenting with the PP's, it should be a good race.

The races will be 11 Laps, Pit 4 - 7.

Schedule will run as per a normal race night for the first 3 races. 👍

Lounge ready in a quick second.

I'll be there around 6:20pm or sooner.

I think that the pp penalty will be okay whilst in the slipstream, the only thing that I've not been able to test (which is why tonight is important) is running from the back of the grid with the pp penalty. It's a double handicap so it could be a really tough race...that said, there is a ceertain amount of enjoyment that can be had from being the underdog and having to really drive the car hard to make progress.

I'm looking forward to this.

I only just read your post about your car number Ian, I'll note that now.

I'll be curious to see where the established top guys finish in each race. Hopefully it will give a good idea of how the 'double penalty' affects the spread of points, particularly somewhere like Fuji where the effect of the HP drop is that much more noticeable. If it's too much then the format can be tweaked.

I've done a 1:48.5 at Fuji GT after a couple of laps.

Thanks Rolo. 👍 You're already far quicker than me Rolo and that was when I was at full power. I must be doing something wrong, because I like Fuji, it's a good track for me.

Back