<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty sure Canyon understands, he was just bored and lapped all the tracks he picked. I can only assume :P.

Too bad for him, the club allows unlimited access to a secret gt5 lounge where all girls are hot willingly and naked, and beer is handed freely :D

Pretty sure Canyon understands, he was just bored and lapped all the tracks he picked. I can only assume :P.
Spot on. ;)

I've had one practice session with Canyon, Rob and Glen. It was nothing serious but was entertaining at times. We tried Autumn Ring and although I felt slower than Rob it was a giggle.

We also tried messing with the power limiter restricting the cars performance to see what effect it would have as a success penalty. On the slower tracks like Autumn Ring, it makes very little difference but on a track like Fuji, the lack of power can be felt and although it's possible to keep up I think that those behind would stand a good chance of getting past especially on the looong straight.

Rolo - How are we going to do the success penalty?... Obviously the check-in will be based upon PP and that enables you to check them. How many will receive the success penalty, when does it apply and for how long?

My thoughts: -

If we have too many people with a success penalty it makes hosting the race more difficult and the check-in process longer as people adjust their power limiter and are checked onto the track. I was thinking that perhaps the top 3 (podium) drivers should get the penalty, or at a absolute maximum, the top 5. This will hopefully keep the check-in quick.

In Race 1 the penalty should be based upon the championship position. Race 2 + 3 should have the success penalty based upon the previous race result and all success penalties only last for one race....unless the driver finishes in a success penalty position.

The amount of PP reduction is what we need to be testing on Thursday. It doesn't need to be a huge amount but as we found out the other day, on a slow speed track the penalty isn't as effective and on a high speed track it's going to hurt more. So getting the PP correct is going to be a difficult task and it may or may not be perfect for every track on the calendar. I was running 15 BHP down at Fuji and I could feel it, I think Rob was running down 24 BHP which would have hurt him around there, although it was still driveable and I think that it would have allowed him to finish in a half decent position, but he wouldn't have won as he would get swallowed up on the straight and also it was easier to keep up with him on the coming out of the bends and therefore enabled a chance to overtake him into the next bend. Personally I think that anymore than 30 BHP would be too harsh. Much more testing required.

Sorry for the long post.

Sorry for the double post....editing is a nightmare on my mobile.

Just had another though....

...Can those that have time to pound around all the GT5 tracks practising try alternative PP's to see how it affects you and your lap times? It would be nice if this testing could be done alongside someone else running at full power so that a real world comparison can be made, rather than just a 'hot lap', but any information would be useful at this stage.

Also a written list of what drop in PP equals in BHP. So if you're loosing 4PP how many BHP do you lose?

That'll give the bored guys something to do. :lol:

Yeah I've got to say I thought it was cool that although red had such a great bhp disadvantage he kept up with me until the straight...he could overtake me right at the end of the straight but I could pull back past before the 2nd corner...that's with 24 bhp less than me..

Yeah I've got to say I thought it was cool that although red had such a great bhp disadvantage he kept up with me until the straight...he could overtake me right at the end of the straight but I could pull back past before the 2nd corner...that's with 24 bhp less than me..

This was at Fuji.

One thing that Rob and I realised though, was that the cars following Rob and drafting him would be likely able to overtake him or at least pull alongside him into turn 1 too, so potentially he would end up having to defend into turn 1 as opposed to attacking. Should prove to be interesting with a full grid and that was something that we were lacking in our little test the other day.

And yeah I understand that rolo will be divulging the track...not the track list which is fine...I was just bored...Lol..as for the naked girls...I'm taken...but thanks for the offer..lol

Tokyo...1:54.873
Suzuki...2:18.706
Trial Mountain...1:33.019
Monza...2:04.932
Tsukuba...1:01.188
SS R 5...58.535
Eiger Short ...1:10.258
Cape Ring Inside...55.838
Autumn Ring...1:23.599
Cape Ring South...1:23.545
Rome...1:19.485
Deep Forest...1:22.311
The Times above are of my first or second lap on each track...no practice and therefor can be improved apon...I'm doing this out of both boredom of waiting for the track list and curiosity...so please don't think I'm bragging about my lap times as I'm not...I'm just letting anyone who is interested know roughly what times they can expect to be getting for each track...

1:53.5 tokyo
2:18.1 suzuka
Trial mountain 1:34.0
2:04.9 Monza
1:02.0 tsukuba
Ssr5 short course no time yet
Eiger short 1:11.5
Cape ring inside 56.0
Autumn ring 1:22.7
Rome 1:18.9
Deep forest 11:22.3

Last edited:
And just checking, none of you are running setups right? Scania miss understood at first and had a setup on his car of which tuning prohibition doesn't allow

And just checking, none of you are running setups right? Scania miss understood at first and had a setup on his car of which tuning prohibition doesn't allow

I followed the regulations to the letter when I was doing my own testing.

No, brake balance is all that you can adjust for this series 👍

Ian : for this car at the power levels we will be running within, -1pp = -2hp. It's exactly double.

No, brake balance is all that you can adjust for this series 👍

Ian : for this car at the power levels we will be running within, -1pp = -2hp. It's exactly double.

I knew that was just checking :P 'cause its a easy mistake thinking you can edit setup just not buy parts!

If anyone is interested, I've just opened a room for a little practice and to see what happens with more cars on the track. Feel free to join if you want.

If anyone is interested, I've just opened a room for a little practice and to see what happens with more cars on the track. Feel free to join if you want.

Is it private or public? Since GTA Online is overwhelmed I may as well get some more practice.

Public lobby. Canyon is now the host.

Edit// Room now closed.

Last edited:
I had to leave the room prematurely so I could go fix my sticky brake issue. Now that it's been rectified, I should be go for the next session before the season starts

i'll put online a test video... won't be much to look at sadly :(

the composite recording from a ps3 is ****** and seems i have some interferences all around :/

seems the problem fixed itself O_O

going to upload another video soon, this time the quality should be ok....

Last edited:
YES! i did it!

http://youtu.be/KIAuDUVtKik

this is the best quality and resolution i can get and with full blown up audio! now i should just find out why the hell youtube made it 4:3 instead of 16:9 >_>

Please impressions on this one

edited: ok sems the fix was very easy... just adding a tag to the video and now it should be perfect : now it's time to sleep, let me know what do you think guys!

Last edited:
Back