<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expected a bit more interest... I'll need some help for vids and suggestions.

And most of all i would need people to point me out interesting highlights i won't be able to watch the race from all the POW. Also i hope i won't have to drop the task due to the 3 races format... Geeky was working with just 2 and was pretty demanding with some help i think i can do it :).

And most of all i would need people to point me out interesting highlights i won't be able to watch the race from all the POW. Also i hope i won't have to drop the task due to the 3 races format... Geeky was working with just 2 and was pretty demanding with some help i think i can do it :).

I can help look for points of interest in replays, so I can help!

Sorry mate, I've been viewing the forum with my mobile phone and it's so slow and tedious typing replys on it. I'm in the office this morning so I have the pleasure of using a computer for a change. :)

The most recent video looked good mate, it's good enough for what we need I think so hats off to ya. 👍

I'll certainly look out for interesting/exciting bits in the races. I don't watch the replays much (don't have the time) but my missus watches me when I'm racing and she makes a mental note of anything that's worth watching again. :)

The editing for all 3 races is going to be very time consuming, so I hope that you can get the hang of it quickly. You've certainly sorted out the initial quality problem quickly.

Hanks 4 the help guys, i'm quite good at video editing so it wont be too bad, the hard part is recording the different things happening in race... So if you and bren and another 2 will help out and send me highlights after the race or the following day i think i can get the vids out on monday or even sooner

Hanks 4 the help guys, i'm quite good at video editing so it wont be too bad, the hard part is recording the different things happening in race... So if you and bren and another 2 will help out and send me highlights after the race or the following day i think i can get the vids out on monday or even sooner

I can help find some highlights...I'll message you with lap number and an idea of what to look out for...ie an excellent overtake,or wipe out,or whatever....flying cars etc...lol

I can help find some highlights...I'll message you with lap number and an idea of what to look out for...ie an excellent overtake,or wipe out,or whatever....flying cars etc...lol

yeah! :) racers and lap will be so helpful :)

Might not be able to make tomorrows test. In the middle of switching internet providers. Hopefully get connected by tomorrow though

Any idea what track(s) we're running tomorrow?

I'd probably say tracks like Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Monza, Suzuka, Grand Valley full circuit, Nurburgring GP/D etc.

Just my 2 cents.

if d1e, bren and canion help me out i'll make a test on the first of tomorrow's races :)

just to test the time needed, some overlay and give it a test commentary too

I hope that we get a good turnout tomorrow so that we can try the success penalty. Last week was a bit poor. At least we sorted out the tyre wear though.

I'll be able to attend the test session since I have no college tomorrow.

Ill be home at 5pm can we do Tokyo first tomorrow, there is some nice close to wall cameras for the replay for the realistic effect!

Said the fastest man in the world on Tokyo course lol :-) want the video of a victory bren? :D

if d1e, bren and canion help me out i'll make a test on the first of tomorrow's races :)

just to test the time needed, some overlay and give it a test commentary too

um...canion?...lol...its canyon...but yeah of course ill helpya out as much as I can mate...

I dunno...its really late on wed night and still no idea of which track...oh well a surprise it is then...lol...mind you im pretty sure that with all the practicing that a few people have been doing it really doesn't matter ...ill be slow to start no matter where we end up...as long as it doesn't end up in a train wreck ill be happy

Well at least you're confident mate. I did a 3 laps around nurb GP/F while in practice mode (so the tyre wear was wrong) and I'm still as slow as I was last Thursday. Unfortunatly I'm always slow unless I've had a chance to pound around the track and get a feel for it. I always struggle, you've seen me off the pace time and time again when we jump onto a track. :(

Tonight we'll be sticking to one track, so that we can properly evaluate the PP handicap system.

HP handicaps will be handed down to the Top 5 drivers in Race 2 and 3, as per the system that has been mentioned - in case you missed it, here is a recap:

1st : -12pp (-24hp) = 457pp (222hp)
2nd: -10pp (-20hp) = 459pp (226hp)
3rd: -8pp (-16hp) = 461pp (230hp)
4th: -6pp (-12hp) = 463pp (234hp)
5th: -4pp (-8hp) = 465pp (238hp)

Figures can be adjusted afterwards if necessary.

----

One other thing that MUST be sorted is the tyres. This is how it will go tonight:

- Race 1 - we'll be running on Sport: Soft, on Fast wear
- Race 2 will be on Sports: Medium on Very Fast wear
- Race 3 will be a mixture, with Sports: Soft on the front, Sports: Medium on the rear, with wear set to Fast.

Sorry if I've left this information late.

That'll show the PP difference at its most effective, it should slow people down nicely. Good choice. Only issue that I can see is that the changing of tyres could well alter the performance of the driver and therefore the PP testing won't be perfect. Altering two variables at once isn't the best idea.

I'll try the tyres later today and see how they hold up.

Ian has a point. What about testing a superpole format too? All drivers allowed a warmup lap a launched one and then they box. When ones endes his warmup lap the following driver enters. Or better after 30 second of ones warm up lap the other gets in. This way in less than 10 minutes we have agrid

@brendon feel free to chose car color and send it the same to me :)

That'll show the PP difference at its most effective, it should slow people down nicely. Good choice. Only issue that I can see is that the changing of tyres could well alter the performance of the driver and therefore the PP testing won't be perfect. Altering two variables at once isn't the best idea.

I'll try the tyres later today and see how they hold up.

Yeah I agree with Ian that the tire choice along with the penalties would scupper some of the testing data...better to run the 1st 3 races with softs all around then try the meds and the combo...I know it means running for longer but it would be worth it if it clears any consistency issues...just like tuning a car you don't want to alter too much at any one time...
That's just my opinion

OK we'll leave the tyres.

Superpole would take too long karsten. Can just have a random grid today, then for the season itself it's the same format as before.

Back