<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i compliment on you on your pace weezy! seems all's goin back to normal with me back to the lower part of the grid and time tables :D

Well i'll try to put on a fight and do the most in can in race 2 and 3 :P

My thoughts from yesterdays mini test: Reverse grid on race 3 is a must, especially on the slower tracks and I wouldn't have minded seeing a harsher PP restriction as it was far less effective at Autumn Ring.

On a more personal note, I'm starting to wonder why on earth I'm so slow compared to everyone else yesterday. My car is fully ran in and yet I really struggled with it, I feel like I'm going to be racing backwards this season and I'm not enjoying it.

On tuning prohibited, is the brake balance the only thing that we can change?...or is there something else that's little known like the ability to tune the LSD? I feel as though my car just doesn't perform as well. :( It certainly looks as though I'm a better tuner than I am a driver.

Sorry, buy there are definitely no tricks or secrets with tuning prohibited. I am 100% confident that brake balance is the only thing you can adjust. And obviously the power limiter. With bigger grids the handicaps should be more effective. It probably wouldn't be possible to make it all the way to the front in a 10/12+ car race. But yes, reverse grids for R3 are a must.

What ive noticed is because the brakes are so good on this car , if you brake a bit too much you lose too much speed .

Also another tip is to not over shift the car , if you can keep it in the same gear do that rather than downshift just to upshift a second or two after .

The car is real easy to drive and handles great for a ff , its real easy to over drive it and make mistakes .

I found it much easier to follow someone rather than lead , i just dont have the practice yet to really get the most out of the car .

Should be a interesting season .

Had a quick practice on laguna later on last night,and now the cars fully run in,its running pretty safe 34.5's with a bit of room for pushing..the thing with laguna is a very small mistake on almost any corner will cost loads of time..its just the nature of that track.

Sorry, buy there are definitely no tricks or secrets with tuning prohibited. I am 100% confident that brake balance is the only thing you can adjust. And obviously the power limiter. With bigger grids the handicaps should be more effective. It probably wouldn't be possible to make it all the way to the front in a 10/12+ car race. But yes, reverse grids for R3 are a must.

If there's not even aero adjustement allowed and all run legit, i just have to face it, as canyon and ian did, i'm slow, to that there no fix. Those slower have to face it and admit, i thought i would do better in a champ with all with the same car. - actually even feel pp penalties are unfair altought neede.

So now i know where i belong in the grid, and it's the usual place so all fits lol.

To the other slow drivers feeling down like i am i'm just saying come stay and enjoy the battle amongst backmarkers. It'll be fun! Not as racing for the win but i only did twice in the last 3 season and had fun nevertheless :)

What ive noticed is because the brakes are so good on this car , if you brake a bit too much you lose too much speed .

Also another tip is to not over shift the car , if you can keep it in the same gear do that rather than downshift just to upshift a second or two after .

The car is real easy to drive and handles great for a ff , its real easy to over drive it and make mistakes .

I found it much easier to follow someone rather than lead , i just dont have the practice yet to really get the most out of the car .

Should be a interesting season .

Sadly i can't use manual gearing so i might not make use of such suggestion

Had a quick practice on laguna later on last night,and now the cars fully run in,its running pretty safe 34.5's with a bit of room for pushing..the thing with laguna is a very small mistake on almost any corner will cost loads of time..its just the nature of that track.

If u ran in 34.5 you are ok mate. Stick to the group and use draft and u'll be ok

Thanks for the little snippets of advice guys, it's very much appreciated. :)

I've watched the replay from yesterday and I can see that my tyre wear and indeed fuel depletion is much more than others, so I'm more than likely pushing too hard which is making me slower. I smoked my tyres more than anyone else (unless the replay was being glitchy) and the tyre wear indicator showed that I was punishing my tyres.

So, in short, I need to alter my driving style which is not going to be easy. I'm not quite sure what I need to change yet, whether it's my braking into the corners, steering angle, partial throttle mid-turn, trying to carry too much speed...or just all of them. :lol: It isn't something which is easy to identify from watching a replay without seeing a side-by-side comparison with someone else.

At Laguna, I'm expecting to fall back because I'll be concentrating more on looking after my tyres than racing for position. I need to learn how to become smoother and during the process I'll probably be slower than usual, but it should benefit me in the long run.

I know that one of my weaknesses is track knowledge. Although I've done a huge amount of driving on GT5 and I know the tracks, I'm never able to go fast within a few laps and it takes me time to find the speed. Time and time again I'll pound around a track for 20 minutes and set what I think is a good time and then someone enters the lobby and goes faster than me within a few laps. I usually get there eventually and get myself on pace but it doesn't come naturally. My natural ability isn't as good as I would like it to be and perhaps my memory let's me down too. I have an appaling memory.

Anyway. I'll be trying to improve my game this season, I won't be pushing as hard and hopefully I'll learn something new. 👍

Well I'm at a cross roads...I've looked at replacement bluray and yes you can get just the laser and disc motor ( it's the disc motor that's stopped working on mine) but that means pulling the Mech apart which I've found impossible to get the thing to accept discs again so I'm not going to bother going down that route ...so a brand new fully built replacement is £99.90...but I don't know if it's a plug and play repair because I have been told that the laser is paired to the motherboard and that there is a circuit that needs to be taken off the original and put on the new one...which in its self mean pulling the Mech apart to get at the circuits...so I'm stuffed either way...so now I'm looking for a cheap second hand ps3 ...unless somebody can find me a solution...

Btw my system is using the model KEM-450DAA laser on a 320GB slimline ps3 cech-2503B ....

Last edited:
Anybody able to get on at the moment, and canyon I can't help you there sorry bud, when my blue ray broke, I replaced it with my YLOD PS3 one...

Thanks for the little snippets of advice guys, it's very much appreciated. :)

I've watched the replay from yesterday and I can see that my tyre wear and indeed fuel depletion is much more than others, so I'm more than likely pushing too hard which is making me slower. I smoked my tyres more than anyone else (unless the replay was being glitchy) and the tyre wear indicator showed that I was punishing my tyres.

So, in short, I need to alter my driving style which is not going to be easy. I'm not quite sure what I need to change yet, whether it's my braking into the corners, steering angle, partial throttle mid-turn, trying to carry too much speed...or just all of them. :lol: It isn't something which is easy to identify from watching a replay without seeing a side-by-side comparison with someone else.

At Laguna, I'm expecting to fall back because I'll be concentrating more on looking after my tyres than racing for position. I need to learn how to become smoother and during the process I'll probably be slower than usual, but it should benefit me in the long run.

I know that one of my weaknesses is track knowledge. Although I've done a huge amount of driving on GT5 and I know the tracks, I'm never able to go fast within a few laps and it takes me time to find the speed. Time and time again I'll pound around a track for 20 minutes and set what I think is a good time and then someone enters the lobby and goes faster than me within a few laps. I usually get there eventually and get myself on pace but it doesn't come naturally. My natural ability isn't as good as I would like it to be and perhaps my memory let's me down too. I have an appaling memory.

Anyway. I'll be trying to improve my game this season, I won't be pushing as hard and hopefully I'll learn something new. 👍

Ian, try half accelerator slowing increasing coming out of turns, or even feathering. When breaking do same... Turn lighter and avoid kurbs or grass, that will increase tyre life and decrease fuel usage!

Fuel usage is not a problem. If anything the more you can burn off the better. Although I do think any differences were probably because of the handicaps. An engine producing 222hp is not going to use as much as one producing 246hp.

I have a slight glitch... My controller stops responding occasionally... Just threw me off on a possible mid 33... Anyone know the problem?

I think that there is a tiny reset point on the back of the controller. Try that.

Thanks mate I will try it later, off GT5 till Thursday now so! My times are set

I've just looked at my ds3. The reset point is on the back, just to the right of the middle screw at the top of the ds3.

I reset mine many moons ago, I can't remember what was wrong but it did fix it.

I've just looked at my ds3. The reset point is on the back, just to the right of the middle screw at the top of the ds3.

I reset mine many moons ago, I can't remember what was wrong but it did fix it.

Thanks mate I reset mine just hope it works

Sorry, not gonna be able to get online today. Hurt my wrist in goal today at football....no idea what I've done to it but its sore as **** right now.

Hmm, I've had another crack at Laguna tonight. Driving it as clean as possible and trying my best to preserve tyre wear I can lap in low-mid 35's. If I push hard and throw caution to the wind I can do a hot lap which is 34.6 but I can't keep the consistency and for some strange reason my following lap is usually a mid-high 35. If I attempt to run 34's I also find that I'm much harder on my front tyres.

So, slow and steady is probably the answer, keeping it as consistent as possible and keeping my tyres.

i keep thinking that tire wear fast it's a bit too much on real tracks, but i guess it'lll make more likely driving errors...

Nobody is going to lap a 1:34.5 / 6 / 7 for 13 straight laps. Lots of variables. This is why I don't spend all week hotlapping.

I don't see tyre wear as a problem Karsten, potentially it's an advantage if you can either look after you tyres, or you're brave and go that extra lap before pitting, enabling you to have better tyres at the end of the race. It makes things more interesting.

Rolo - After my poor run at Autumn Ring I'm trying to improve my driving style and learning to get the correct steering angle. I've also been playing around on Suzuka as a good driving line pays dividends on that track. I'm getting better with the steering wheel, but it's fair to say that I'm still learning. It's so different to using the pad. :)

8-laps is fine at Laguna with the tyre wear on fast.

Nobody is going to lap a 1:34.5 / 6 / 7 for 13 straight laps. Lots of variables. This is why I don't spend all week hotlapping.

Mt hot lapping is not for time, that's a bonus. I lap for tyre degradation, overtaking possibilities and safe kurbs, and you can ask Karsten, I get immense traction off the corkscrew... :P

I'm quite concerned of crashes, this is certainly the worst track we could have had the first race on... Too narrow with 16 cars it'Ll be a nightmare, and all passing points are potential for a tap that can prove ruinous.

Getting at T1 and corkscrew with 10 cars at the same time sounds a bet.

Was this track for real the most voted?

I'm quite concerned of crashes, this is certainly the worst track we could have had the first race on... Too narrow with 16 cars it'Ll be a nightmare, and all passing points are potential for a tap that can prove ruinous.

Getting at T1 and corkscrew with 10 cars at the same time sounds a bet.

Was this track for real the most voted?

Yea mate, specially if people get on grass last corner on end of first lap start of second...

SPEAKING OF WHICH THE GRASS HERE IS A KILLER AVOID IT, AND IF YOU GET 4 WHEELS ON IT GO 20 MILES AN HOUR SLOWER NEXT CORNER OR YOU WILL GO OFF AGAIN -.-

Back