Call Of Duty: Black Ops - PS3, PC, 360 - November 9

Just played a quick game of TDM and did not "jam" the FN FAL once. I really enjoy using the weapon and it is incredibly frustrating to use at times because of Treyarch's solution to prevent firing too "fast".

Facepalm.

What I meant is that using the Ghost pro and an assault rifle TOGETHER makes alot of noobs.

I'm not saying that I want it to be stopped, but it makes me want to pull my hair out. Half of the time I get killed by those guys.

RC-XD is for noobs? Yeah right. It only really kills 1 or 2 people maximum. It's just fun using it since you can just kill someone when they least expect it.

I could very easily get 4-6 RCs in a regular game. They take no skill to use and are nothing more than free kills with no way of protecting yourself from them. Much like predator missiles you may as well just press select and pick someone at random from the list to drop over dead.

I remember a while ago there was a wikiHow for COD4 'Zombies' where it was a Private Multiplayer Lobby and the 'Zombie' class had a huge amount of health and the other people had to try to stay alive. I'm trying to recreate it in BO.
Basically you've got your basic Zombie class - Ballistic Knife, 1000% health, normal sprint and slow walking. The 'Humans' get Second Chance pro (like getting revived) and normal guns and stuff like that. Unfortunately the problem is that the Ballistic Knife can only kill you straight away, and not down you. So I'm testing out the different guns and stuff to see which is worth it. Send me a friend invite if you wanna try this out. My friends say it's fairly fun 👍

BTW, what is your FAL setup?

I have two different FN FAL setups at the moment. The one I choose depends on the game type I am playing or the flow of the game dictates one class would be more effective.

• Primary: FN FAL with Dual Mags
  • Secondary: CZ-75 with Extended Mags
  • Lethal Grenade: Frag
  • Tactical Grenade: Flashbang
  • Equipment: Motion Sensor
  • Tier 1 Perk: Hardline Pro or Flak Jacket
  • Tier 2 Perk: Sleight of Hand Pro
  • Tier 3 Perk: Tactical Mask with Hardline Pro or Ninja with Flak Jacket

I have thought about switching to Scavenger Pro in place of Hardline Pro, but Dual Mags make extra ammunition unneeded. Picking up extra Frags and Flashbangs could be helpful though. I really enjoy having multiple Spy Planes throughout a game because of only needing to get two kills to get them with Hardline Pro.

Both Tactical Mask and Ninja are both being used to unlock the Pro versions. Otherwise, I would probably be using Marathon.

I could very easily get 4-6 RCs in a regular game. They take no skill to use and are nothing more than free kills with no way of protecting yourself from them. Much like predator missiles you may as well just press select and pick someone at random from the list to drop over dead.

There is a way to protect yourself, climb a ladder or have flak jacket pro. But yes, they are horrible and I hate them. Spy plane is a much better replacement for it, it gets the entire team kills and gets you way more kills than the RC does. I will put the RC on in some games if the other team are doing nothing but camping up in buildings. Once you run that for a game or two they will stop doing that most of the time. I always run spy plane, counter, and napalm myself because I rush and I like having spy plane up constantly.

Flak jacket will only protect you if you are on the very outside of its blast radius. FJ reduces explosive damage by 75% meaning the RC car will still do 112 damage at the center.

Even though I really enjoy using the FN FAL, the "jamming" to prevent too rapid of fire with the weapon completely ruins the weapon and makes the weapon incredibly frustrating to use. I started out playing some Demolition today and had the weapon "jam" in three straight hostile encounters; had it not been for this anti-cheat "feature", then I would have had three kills instead of three deaths.

I find the iron sights on the FAL to work quite well. The rear sight is wide open with the thin ring. The ears on the front sight are also unobstructive.

I remember a while ago there was a wikiHow for COD4 'Zombies' where it was a Private Multiplayer Lobby and the 'Zombie' class had a huge amount of health and the other people had to try to stay alive. I'm trying to recreate it in BO.
Basically you've got your basic Zombie class - Ballistic Knife, 1000% health, normal sprint and slow walking. The 'Humans' get Second Chance pro (like getting revived) and normal guns and stuff like that. Unfortunately the problem is that the Ballistic Knife can only kill you straight away, and not down you. So I'm testing out the different guns and stuff to see which is worth it. Send me a friend invite if you wanna try this out. My friends say it's fairly fun 👍

But COD4 didn't have a zombie type like BO or WoW did.

Well, I guess you can say it's more like a 'Mutation' where the Zombies'Mutants' had very increased health, but could move slower. And a rule is that the mutants can only knife. Once you're killed as a human, you change teams and change your class to 'Mutants'.
The problem is that I can't recreate the Revive/Second Chance effect if knifing is a 1 hit KO :indiff:

I was thinking about holding a Black Ops tournament with a chance to win GT5 cars.

There will be up to 8 teams participating with 4 players on each team. The winning team advances, while the losers go "AWOL" and are out of the tournament. There will be two divisions with the champions of each division facing of at a voted map. TDM only.

No being a noob - try not to bunny-hop.

Rounds will go as followed -

Round 1 - GTP Small Map Championship - Firing Range
Round 2 - GTP Medium Map Championship - Grid
Round 3 - GTP Large Map Championship - Jungle
Final Round - GTP Black Ops Championship - Voted Map

Copy and add your PSN. Don't forget to name your team!

Team 1 - ???/???/???/???
Team 2 - ???/???/???/???
Team 3 - ???/???/???/???
Team 4 - ???/???/???/???
Team 5 - ???/???/???/???
Team 6 - ???/???/???/???
Team 7 - ???/???/???/???
Team 8 - ???/???/???/???

Last edited:
What about just having a huge GTP_Black Ops session. A bit of multi-player, a bit of zombies and a huge amount of mucking around? 💡

Last edited:
Well, I guess you can say it's more like a 'Mutation' where the Zombies'Mutants' had very increased health, but could move slower. And a rule is that the mutants can only knife. Once you're killed as a human, you change teams and change your class to 'Mutants'.
The problem is that I can't recreate the Revive/Second Chance effect if knifing is a 1 hit KO :indiff:
I don't think you will need Last stand. It would be awesome to have Zombie like game types instead of Zombies

I was thinking about holding a Black Ops tournament with a chance to win GT5 cars.

There will be up to 8 teams participating with 4 players on each team. The winning team advances, while the losers go "AWOL" and are out of the tournament. There will be two divisions with the champions of each division facing of at a voted map. TDM only.

No being a noob - try not to bunny-hop.

Rounds will go as followed -

Round 1 - GTP Small Map Championship - Firing Range
Round 2 - GTP Medium Map Championship - Grid
Round 3 - GTP Large Map Championship - Jungle
Final Round - GTP Black Ops Championship - Voted Map
So all this have to be a private match? Sadly, I think only effects PSN users.

I got bored of sucking ass so I made a FAL class. It's my favourite gun now :D
And I just renamed the 'Mutation' game after a game mode in Crossfire called 'Mutation'. The difference is that the mutants are faster, and get knocked back when shot...

Last edited:
Just announced during the Thunder game, there will be a world premiere Modern Warfare 3 trailer at some point during the game.

It was up against his legs, you can't get any closer than that.

It's also really nice when someone (me) jumps towards RC cars when using Flak Jacket in order to prevent someone else's death. I see an RC car with my FJ class and I see an opportunity to save someone's life, I'll never be thanked for it but I know I did my bit and it rarely results in my death directly from the car.

I'm trying to do more things like that and generally put myself in danger more to try and help others be it for objective or not as I've borrowed the game for a few days or been playing with buddys split screen, but it carries into my Crysis game to. Sure it hurts my KD along with barely playing COD (now 3.34) but I just find it more enjoyable now to be a team player. I mean I've always been a team player, but I've tend to always fall into a slayer role whereas now I'm trying to do well pretty much everything possible :lol:.

Back