Call Of Duty: Black Ops - PS3, PC, 360 - November 9

With Hacker Pro, does it increase the time needed to steal a Care Package, decrease it or does it just stay the same?

This game confuses me at times, maybe I should have read the manual. But at any rate, it annoys me that newbies are up against level 30-50 veterans, you don't get much chance with the weaker guns.

What? The M16 is a 1 burst kill weapon to every part of the body at ranges less than 50 meters. So as long as your good at using burst fire weapons I'd hardly call this starter gun "weak."

With Hacker Pro, does it increase the time needed to steal a Care Package, decrease it or does it just stay the same?

H-P just allows you to steal and booby trap CP's, it doesn't effect the speed of doing so.

The MP5K is one of the better guns in the game too, probably the most widely used SMG besides the 74u noob cannon.

The MP5K is one of the better guns in the game too, probably the most widely used SMG besides the 74u noob cannon.

Yep, the MP5K coupled with steady aim is a hip fire killing machine. I never had a problem with the starting weapons, I actually still use all of them, I don't really use anything else but the AK47 that is higher up.

I guess they're still not on their A-Game, aren't they? :lol:

Why did I bother for believing them for more than one second? That was a complete waste of excitement.

What are your thoughts for the replacement of the RPG-7 with the Grim Reaper? I think it's pretty stupid, as people are now just spraying with it now :grumpy:

In Gungame? The Grim Reaper was the original launcher in that slot, then 3arc swapped it for the RPG in one of the early title updates. Looks like they've now done an about-turn and put the Grim Reaper back in :)

I only remembered that because on the Wii version (which I played once or twice when PSN was down) had the GR the whole time :lol:

Currently downloading it right now.. what I don't get is the fact that the one that I've gotta download is about 2GB while some others are about 1.2GB :confused:

I've been playing COtD numerous times today with a friend and we've tried to do part of the Original Characters Trapped easter egg. Turns out that after everything you do, you've gotta go back to them to 'confirm' it. Took me and my friend about 20 minutes looking for the vodka before we had to 'confirm' that all the generators were blown up :lol:

Prestiged for the first time because the 2x XP is on, so I could level up faster. Getting a bunch of contracts as well.

I don't know what to think about the new zombie map.

I like it for its huge size and the fact that its challenging but the choice of real actors as new characters is a bit over the top. The new perk is useless and the VR11 is absolute garbage.

Is it me, or are there too many people using Second Chance and AK /w Grip and Rapid fire? If you die, you die! Not lay on the ground sunbathing!

Is it me, or are there too many people using Second Chance and AK /w Grip and Rapid fire? If you die, you die! Not lay on the ground sunbathing!

2nd Chance has always been annoying. The worst thing about it is the full half-second invincibility they get while dropping into 2nd chance. However during this transition they can still shoot you and you can still waste bullets attempting to shoot them. Take away the invincibility and it might finally be a balanced risk/reward.

Worse than getting shot by them while falling it getting knifed while they're falling. You run around a corner and take the guy by surprise but he still gets you.

If I am in a lobby where I know one or more people are using the perk I will try and keep my fights to a distance and simply duck around a corner and toss a flash at them after they fall.

I just leave them alone if "So-and-so needs to be revived" doesn't show up. They'll die anyway...
Oh, and I killed Romero! I had a Death Machine, so I belted it into him and then used the rest of my Ray Gun clip to kill him off. Got the trophy, another Death Machine and Deadshot Daquiri.

New Edit: Got a funny Final Kill in WMD. Started shooting someone, but never fully killed them. Cancelled the reload too early and killed him with one shot :dopey:. I'll embed it when it's uploaded to Youtube...
EDIT: Found it:

Last edited:
I had some good games and some bad games. There are lots of campers and ghost bitches in the escalation play list. I really don't like Hotel much at this point. I thought it would be like Highrise from MW2 but really its even worse. Then again I had some really terrible teams to start off with.

The other maps I like better. Stockpile is another ghost map but its a lot easier to control your engagements. Convoy is pretty good so long as you can keep from getting flanked. Zoo is all about controlling the center building.

I haven't played Stockpile enough to get a gist of the map. But I know the (very) basic layout of Zoo and Hotel, and almost know every nook and cranny (almost) of Convoy. COtD's not the best map ("Five" takes that cake :D), but it's really cool mainly because George stops you from making Freight/Rape Trains easily, so he gives us a challenge. And if you look out over the sea, you can see a star thing that flashes and beeps in morse code. I don't have the patience to translate it, but I think it might have something to do with the Original Characters Trapped EE.

Stockpile has long lines of sight mixed with some close range combat and a few flanking opportunities. Most people will be using ghost but once you learn where they are going to be coming from its not so bad. I had one game tonight where the other team got a chopper gunner almost right away out of a care package and after that got taken down they put up an attack chopper. We ended up about 20 kills down right away. We still came back and won though.

Convoy is a fairly simple map. Lots of fighting in the center and people trying to flank. I think it will be pretty easy to spawn trap on this map. There was one point where I was overlooking an area with an M16. I killed a guy and watched him spawn in the same place. Had I been using a sniper rifle I could have really taken advantage of that spot.

Zoo like I said seems to be all about controlling that middle building that overlooks the "B" flag area. There are some pretty good flanking routes but again its pretty easy to control engagements on this map.

Hotel is just a cluster ****. Put ghost on and run around with a silenced anything. Lots of close range surprise fire fights. I'll be camping this one out every time it comes up.

I had a game of demo today on WMD where I had 56 kills and 5 deaths. Pretty good huh? Well yeah until you find out that I was actually the lowest scoring person on my team. It was nuts the top player on the other team was 14-103. No joke. I don't know why they all didn't quit out.

I had games where I was letting them plant just so I could defuse. Tons of points to be had. It sucks though when you're giving it your all and you still lose. There was one game I had 44 kills, 5 plants and 2 defuses and we still lost in OT.

Back