Call Of Duty: Black Ops - PS3, PC, 360 - November 9

I really get ripped off because I don't play zombies at all, I just don't like it. It would be nice if they sold the zombie maps and multi-player maps separate so people like me that don't play zombies wouldn't have to pay for something they will never use. Wishful thinking though....

Hell yeah, that would be awesome. I feel even more ripped off since I only play Zombies :ill:

No it wasn't.

Actually in Europe it was. 13.99 € for Escalation, 14.99 for First Strike.

Same in NZ (and Aussie, I think)... ~$28 for FS and ~$26 for Escalation. I wouldn't mind joining a clan, although what about everyone's connection? If it's hosted on the East Coast or anywhere in Europe, I can almost guarantee a crappy connection from me 👎

So that's a no to the clan?
I'll join if anyone starts one up.
I have no idea how all that works, so someone else is going to have to do all the organizing. :lol:

G.T
Be prepared to hold your rage back... possibly my unluckiest death of all time:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiVHjYuSWDY">YouTube Link</a>

:ouch:
You were this close to making it: | <---> |

So that's a no to the clan?
I'll join if anyone starts one up.
I have no idea how all that works, so someone else is going to have to do all the organizing. :lol:

www.gamebattles.com is the best site if you want to organize a group.

=======

TIP: If you want to form any kind of team or clan, you might want to think about what you'll be playing primarily. The kind of player that specializes in Search & Destroy might not be well-suited to play on your Team Deathmatch/Domination team. Also, you'll want to think about time zones and when you plan on having everyone online. I've been involved in several teams including a few successful Hardcore S&D teams on CoD4. To have any success, you're going to need chemistry, skill, and coordination. Mics and maturity are a must if you want anything to gel longer than a week. If you need advice, let me know.

For reference: I was once a member of a #1 Ranked team called MoR* (CoD4 - North America - PSN, I forget which seasons we finished #1. I think it was Winter/Spring '08?) and personally ranked in the 8k of all Gamebattles players (registered gamers numbering in the millions). I'm no longer active in GB but I still know the ins-and-outs and I can help you get started.

Last edited:
I just wanted to share a few TDM games I played Thursday night with some friends from OKC. These are not private matches, but straight up beatings.

2011-07-23%25252002.11.51.jpg

2011-07-23%25252002.12.11.jpg

2011-07-23%25252002.12.32.jpg

2011-07-23%25252002.12.53.jpg

www.gamebattles.com is the best site if you want to organize a group.

=======

TIP: If you want to form any kind of team or clan, you might want to think about what you'll be playing primarily. The kind of player that specializes in Search & Destroy might not be well-suited to play on your Team Deathmatch/Domination team. Also, you'll want to think about time zones and when you plan on having everyone online. I've been involved in several teams including a few successful Hardcore S&D teams on CoD4. To have any success, you're going to need chemistry, skill, and coordination. Mics and maturity are a must if you want anything to gel longer than a week. If you need advice, let me know.

For reference: I was once a member of a #1 Ranked team called MoR* (CoD4 - North America - PSN, I forget which seasons we finished #1. I think it was Winter/Spring '08?) and personally ranked in the 8k of all Gamebattles players (registered gamers numbering in the millions). I'm no longer active in GB but I still know the ins-and-outs and I can help you get started.

👍

Managed to get collateral first blood on a Firing Range TDM. I sniped almost the whole game as well :dopey:.
Oh, and has anyone gotten a collateral Final Kill? i.e. the 7400pt and the 7500pt at the same time?

Well I decided to buy Black Ops for my B'Day- on PS3 :scared:, the version that has Online Flaws :scared: !. But it was a decision I will never regret for the rest of my life- ever! The game overall is great fun to play. The campaign is very exciting to play through imo, the torture chair style of story is well done and the A.I is top class to me. Multiplayer is excellent, although its starting to get stale as its just the same base Multiplayer used in Modern Warfare 1, World At War and Modern Warfare 2. At least they improved the Zombies mode of Black Ops. I like the idea of Quick Revives you can buy, "So there is life after death"! Also, not just fighting human zombies keeps you immersed in the game- but you'll always be immersed in the game right?

9/10

Daniel
Managed to get collateral first blood on a Firing Range TDM. I sniped almost the whole game as well :dopey:.
Oh, and has anyone gotten a collateral Final Kill? i.e. the 7400pt and the 7500pt at the same time?

I've gotten a double kill for the two final kills, but not a collateral.

Do you guys prestige to get more classes or to earn gold guns? I'm stooping at 14th just for gold camo and I'm currently 11th prestige level 43.

Double exp weekend is on PS3 all now cuz of the latest map packs. My cousin has them already so I've had a good set of time on them all and even though I'm not a huge fan of Black Ops I find they're actually really good. I hardly play zombie mode either but the new zombie map is interesting. It's massive and pretty confusing so right now we're just making up strategies on the fly. 👍

This is like the only game my friend plays too he's like 14th prestige last time I saw him on BO probably 15th now lol I'm a pretty good fan of CoD as I am 10th Prestige level 70 on MW2 and 2nd prestige on BO though :/

I'm feeling pretty good because I've made friends with two guys with mics (and high voices), and we're gonna join with my IRL mate and try the Eclipse Easter Egg :D

Worst hit detection ever. Period. The game was all around full green bars too which is what baffled me.

(Taken with my new capture card. HD quality FTW)

I finally got the new maps today. I can't play them online yet but judging by combat training I like silo and drive in. Hazard is a tough map and it looks exactly like cliffside still. I figured they would change a little bit but its so obvious to me. Maybe just because I played a lot of world at war. I doubt many other people will notice it as much. Hanger 18 is pretty ok, but feels smaller than drive in somehow.

Shangri-la is prett tough. Those new Napalm zombies are creppy but awesome.

I've bought an EasyCap (DC60+) and some RCA Splitters so I'll be able to record some good-ish quality games. Might put up my 25.00 KDR game (although it was kind of a camp fest). Most videos I'll put up will probably be something to do with the Zombies. And I'm planning to fully record me getting 'Time Travel will Tell' with some mates. Got to setp 11/14 once, then we all died :indiff:

Back