Can someone explain how this game is still fun?

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 154 comments
Thats how micro transactions work, they remove the feeling of accomplishment by playing the game and replace it with an easy way to buy credits. And then on top of that they make the legendary cars available with a time restriction to ticle the fear of missing out.

But your comment was...

And anyway, you didn't like his post.

Did you miss how the game was off just then and they released an update within a day? I also wasn't aware that they'd published how much they've made from the "micro"-transactions. Please do enlighten us.
Because there is only 1 post of someone saying they enjoy making liveries? The fact you actually checked the likes and then mentioned that I didn't like the 1 you checked is actually humorous. Il give you a hand. Its the reply on this post at 9:00am at Uk GMT.
Also I was making a joke. The actual devs are most likely on salary and don't get paid from micro-transaction sales 😂 (When I say devs I don't mean the company as a hole. I mean the people who worked on the game) I can't believe you took that seriously. You must be clutching at straws in order to try and get a leg over me.

Last edited:
I don't think the game itself is bad, it just needs:

More events
Better payouts for the current events
Ability to sell cars

Those 3 alone would make a world of difference.

Hopefully by this time next month we will have atleast 2 of the 3 above fixed as 1/4 of the cars in the game are useless at the moment unless you nerf them.
I would just add to this: fixing the multiplayer lobbies to bring back the features that were all present in GTS lobbies, and then I'd have near 0 complaints.

Well another post: The only thing I think we all want and I hope PD reads this is.

Increase the prizes and especially either get Dirt Champions - Fishermans Ranch back to 65k or like GT6 the Red Bull X Championship for each race to 125k and I will reinstall this game and delete my negative rating on Metacritic. I am certain that I won‘t be alone with that. Also adjust the Sport races prize money pool to that of GT Sport and let us play offline.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just read your title and then saw a giant pile of word salad that I decided to avoid.

For me, it's fun because the handling physics are different and my dumb monkey brain is fascinated with finding optimum limit while gaining ground on my account.

I already got my daily ticket and two online races crashed on me, so I just played some single-player races until I became bored. Oh wait, I totally crushed the GT finale and finished the Cafe BS earlier too.
You should go back and read it then, he makes some good points.

Sorry the hole post is in bold. It was glitching and making half bold and half not so it was either all or half. I chose all.

I loaded up the game once since the new update. It took me a long time to build up the courage to load it up (I was debating if the game was actually worth my time). I started up a race got to half way through and remembered I have Netflix so I quit the game again.

• Right so if you buy credits you will spend them and be straight back to where you started so I feel like even if you are silly enough to buy micro-transactions you are only putting a bandaid on your problem.
  • This is obvious but you would have to repeat the same race for a hole day just to buy 1 legendary car (Not even tune it)
  • There is less races in this game then Gran Turismo 3 on the Ps2 (GT3 made in the year 2001 over 2 decades old)
  • The core racing is very similar to GTSport which you haven't got to spend money on to buy your favourite car. You just don't have the option to tune it but then you know Sport mode is balanced as your car is the exact same as someone else using the same car.
  • 90% of this game is copied directly from GTSport so most of the stuff you can do in GT7 you can do in the previous game
  • If you have a PC or Xbox you can play Forza Motorsport 7 which overall offers more fun then Gt7
  • Is it really fun repeating the same race 100 times just to buy a new car? If its the tuning aspect that you enjoy the most then you can already do this in Need for Speed?
  • GT7 hasn't brought anything new to the racing genre. Everything in this game has already been done. This isn't next generation racing. The Sophy AI hasn't even been added to the game so there for the only next gen thing hasn't been added to the game. Also Kaz stated that we need to wait for the rest of the races. So would you even call this game complete? That's clearly enough reason for Sony to have to allow a refund right there.
Overall the game isn't made with any passion which really shows. It just feels so empty and rushed. Even if I buy another car there is hardly any races to enjoy with that car. The Sport mode just overall isn't that fun for me. When I am playing it I am not working towards anything and I am not that good at the game compared to allot of people so I never come in the top 3 which makes the reward around 5k if not less credits.
The single player isn't even a real campaign. It's just a random bunch of races. Remember single player on GT Sport where there was a huge variety of race series. Each 1 was different. You would select 1 and it would be 5 races all in cars with Rotary engines or another 1 and it would be Beatles and campers and another that would be F1. There was such a wide variety of types of races. Why is that not in GT7. You still get the same concept but it has been made so basic and boring. Like there was only 5 or 6 unique races in the hole game. Not counting rally events as I wouldn't call this unique. If you still have GTSport downloaded. Just go on there and check out the variety of race events. Maybe even sit there and play a few races and tell you you don't have more fun playing that game than you do on GT7? The time when GT7 was down I was playing GTSport and honestly its made my opinion of GT7 way lower.
With Sport I am constantly playing new races because I know my credits are going up at a good rate no matter what races I am enjoying.
With Gt7 I am playing the same few races because nothing else pays well enough to be worth my time.
In GTSport I am using loads of different cars because the races have a hugely wide variety of event types that only certain cars qualify in.
GT7 the race restrictions are so basic you mainly just use the same cars all the time and I am repeating the same races as well so I am using the same car all the time anyway. Its just a PP restriction, Ferrari or rally. I think there was Ford F150 or something aswell. There you go that's all of GT7s unique race types. FUN!
In GTSport there is over 300 races to enjoy
In GT7 there is 90. I actually counted them. This includes all the menu book races. Not including champion ships thou. So we will be generous and add an extra 30 races for those (Even thou its less that that) so 120 races.
GTSport tuning is free. Or it cost milage points but you get more of those then you'll ever use. So its basically free.
GT7 tuning cost so many credits that you need to spend around 3 hours repeating the same race just to fully tune your car. Don't have the tires to qualify for a race? Well FU! go hit that track again.

I can't be bothered to list anymore. At this point its not even a comparison. GTSport is just overall more fun and a better game. I don't care about spoilers, defusers and body kits so much that I am willing to spend all day going round the track to try them out on a single car.

If you can think of anything to add then hit those comments up. But overall GT7 is just not a good game. It brings nothing new that hasn't already been done in another game. The only thing new its brought to the GT series is body kits and defusers.
Missions and circuit experience is just a twist on licenses so I count them as the same thing.
Its not a Next gen racing experience but instead a copy and paste of GTSport with tuning added and then a paywall behind everything you do. If people are seriously gonna put money on that then that would be extremely silly and it will make Sony rip them off even more. If you are sensible then you won't give into peer pressure and Sony will realise this isn't the way to go about things and they mite have some warmth in that extremely cold heart and remove these bs mtx requirements.
Dude, if you are not having fun, then the game isn't for you, no one can argue against that.

But the simple fact is that if you don't enjoy driving cars around tracks in this game, then NOTHING can change how you feel about the game. If you want to give it a serious try, find a car that isn't twisty and that gives you confidence, pick a track that isn't to long and doesn't have to many annoying corners. And learn the track and the car, and when everything connects you will discover that just getting a car on a track and doing laps can be enough to satisfy any demand you might have.

And who cares if you are the best or not, fighting for the next place is all that matters. I made this in 2017 and everything about it is how i still feel about these games :)

The is a work of art by someone that loves cars and the culture to such an extent is almost weird. And it is very likely to be the end of games like this, the future is all about electric cars and it's going to be so different. Imagine the tuning screen..

Dude, if you are not having fun, then the game isn't for you, no one can argue against that.

But the simple fact is that if you don't enjoy driving cars around tracks in this game, then NOTHING can change how you feel about the game. If you want to give it a serious try, find a car that isn't twisty and that gives you confidence, pick a track that isn't to long and doesn't have to many annoying corners. And learn the track and the car, and when everything connects you will discover that just getting a car on a track and doing laps can be enough to satisfy any demand you might have.

And who cares if you are the best or not, fighting for the next place is all that matters. I made this in 2017 and everything about it is how i still feel about these games :)

The is a work of art by someone that loves cars and the culture to such an extent is almost weird. And it is very likely to be the end of games like this, the future is all about electric cars and it's going to be so different. Imagine the tuning screen..

The core driving is good and thats why I am disappointed. I want to be able to try out loads of different cars but its just frustrating that to do that you gotta spend ages doing the same few races time and time again for sometimes a hole day just to buy 1 single car and tune it. Then once you have driven that car for a bit and wanna try out another its back to the same few races. Custom races offer almost 10 times less then world circuits. Like why is that? World circuits are the main way in making credits and there is so few of them in the game? I swear they don't add new content on purpose so people get so sick of grinding the same events that they just buy credits.
In Forza they have so much variety so you never feel like you have nothing to do. But not only that, they don't ever make you feel like you're wasting your time doing something. Thats where GT goes wrong. Nothing in the game pays you except races so when you do anything else you feel like you're doing it for nothing. You wanna be working your way through the progression system but they don't give you any ways in doing it except the same few races? Forza has car collecting levels but in a game where you're always earning money it works.
Then they finally do something new with missions but then they add so few of them and they only pay out once that when you complete them it becomes dead content. No reason to replay them. Oh drag racing in a GT game awesome. Accept the AI finishes at the exact same time no matter what car you in so you can just get in a sports car and win all of them? wow fun. Oh awesome drift events that give you money, finally GT are understanding their audience. Oh but they provide the car for you and you only get paid for it once. wow fun. The fuel one with the distance was cool but why is there no online leaderboards? Then the rest were just races in provided cars. There was only about 15 events that weren't races or overtake events which are just sprint races and not circuits. I just feel like GT is the same it was decades ago except each game offers less content than the last. Then they finally do something new but there was so few events with no replay-ability.
I guess I could have gone round it a better way but thats the reason why I don't find this game fun. Because yh new graphics are nice but for £70 this game has barely anything new. It has less races than the Ps2 games. Yh you get updates but they should be updates and not make up for the other 75% of game. Its not fun to have to repeat the same races everytime you wanna buy a new car to take round the track. Yet thats the only way to get credits? Forza solved this problem by adding rivals that change all the time. You race or drift against the online leaderboards and get paid for beating people. Its addictive and there is always someone better then you so it makes you a challenge. Why can't GT make their own twist on this? Oh wait because then people would have a fun way in making credits so they won't buy them off the store. Makes sense. Kaz said he doesn't like people grinding the same races so the obvious answer to that is to make more ways in making money. Why not add leaderboards to drift trials and pay people for climbing the leaderboards? And do the same for time trials? They clearly get ideas from Forza. Where do you think car collecting levels came from..?

I like concise writing, not cryptic rants. His title asked me a question, and I answered it. I won't accept his bait into reading his apple box sermon. I know the issues of the game, he's not blowing any minds today.
There was nothing cryptic about it...at all.

It was delivered in a pretty straightforward manner.

Something tells me you don't know what the word "cryptic" actually means.

Besides, if you know all the issues the game has, then, presumably, you see no value in anything being discussed in this forum?

Which begs the question, why are you here?

Last edited:
Not everyone is an obsessive completionist

But that's the basis for this entire outrage. People want to own all the cars without paying extra.

All of the focus of the complaints has been on the cars and any reference to tuning parts is only referenced in passing. Most people are pissed because the McLaren costs 18.5 million, not because nitrous costs 100,000 (lol).

It doesn't get more completionist than bragging you own every car so far in a game built around car ownership like GT7 is. So yes, it does seem everyone still playing GT7 and speaking out on the web is an obsessive completionist.

This doesn't change the fact Kaz could've made a game with traditional progression and chose not to because he can't help but kiss the industry's ass.

The game is fun and they’ll add cars and events. Maybe more Lewis Hamilton challenges or something.

The economy is just getting in the way of me playing with cars I’ll already never own in real life. I do not want to play long term with how stingy it is. Like they even removed getting a birthday gift car to push the grind.

I don’t even get how they expect that many people to buy credits when it costs $20 for 2 million credits and they have a 18.5 million mclaren f1. That’s insane.

Last edited:
The only thing I'm doing is working through things where I don't need to buy a car, like missions, licence tests, and maybe circuit experiences after that. Even then, I ended up having to grind one Fishermans Ranch race to get the credits to upgrade a car to gold one of the drag race missions. It strikes me that the most efficient way to play the game (in terms of return per minute played) is to just play a small amount each day to get the occasional decent prize from a daily workout ticket.

I get the feeling that there are a lot of people in the "I completed everything" camp that are still using assists, automatic trans, settling for bronzes, racing with higher PP cars than the AI and generally floating their way through instead of taking risks and allowing things to be a challenge.

This is, or course, a generalization, but I'm a A ranked driver from sport and still have a tough time beating some of the AI races and mission challenges (with golds). So when people are blasting their way through all this content so quickly, it makes me think they aren't doing things to allow it being a challenge.

For races, I don't use a car with PP that's as high as allowed for the little bit extra work it provides, and sometimes I still have to build it up real close to win due to the whole "we start 30sec ahead in a 2 lap race" thing. I think the difficulty of it combined with the delicate new physics can be frustrating when it goes wrong, and oh so rewarding when you can nail it. Through all this though, I keep getting better at, and more used to, the driving aspects of the game. Being able to ride that edge between deadly oversteer and grip in a feint drift while not losing a bunch of momentum is very satisfying. The game still remains a pleasure to play, even through all the BS surrounding it.

So for those of you complaining that you have finished everything, are you making it a challenge, or just doing the bare minimum to get through the content?

This is not a knock on people using assists, just those who made everything easy and are now complaining about a lack of things to do. I say, just make sure you're actually challenging yourself, and gradually weaning yourself off of the things that make it easier.

I get that the credit nerf is a pain, and it takes quite a while to get enough to buy a car and upgrades to do your own pseudo-race mod. But it's not that hard to get enough to buy one car a day and the upgrades to do whatever you want. Maybe a racing sim that dumps it all in your lap at once is more you guy's speed.

But if you don't enjoy racing for it's own sake, then no racer will please you. Go play Elden Ring or something.

Last edited:
My advice, altough it's just my opinion, is to be creative. For example, try "minmaxing" cars using the few credits that you have to build cars for a certain level of PP, such as 550 for road cars as there are two standing start races at HSR and Tsukuba at that level, 630 for Gr.4 and 730 for Gr.3, as they are the levels used also for the daily races and Gr.4 and Gr.3 cup races. As much as it sucks, I suggest to keep away from legendary cars and expensive cars in general and just wait for the higher paying events that were seen in Jimmy Fallon's video.

With all of that said I still understand your criticsm as it's all valid.

It's fun in the same way as:

• Stockholm syndrome
  • Holding in a pee when you're 15mins away from home
  • Tolerating herpes
  • Entertaining your in-laws
  • Food poisoning during xmas
Wow, some people here can be so laughably morose about some shortcomings of a video game. At the end of the day, it's still packed with cars, packed with tracks, infinitely variable customization options, amazing immersion, weather, and if you are truly a driving or driving game enthusiast, the bones of the game should be enough to give you pleasure until future updates make things better. Which I will say again, gave GT Sport new breaths of life over and over again, for free, and for a long time.

I'm not excusing the downsides, just pointing out the completely hysterical attitudes of some of you that equate a fumbled game launch to the end of times. It will get better, and in the meantime, the game still offers so much for the car enthusiast to do. If you're not into cars, Elden Ring is out...

... assuming PD fixes the AI tire issue.
This is the first time I've heard of an A.I. tire issue.... What's it about?

Wow, some people here can be so laughably morose about some shortcomings of a video game. At the end of the day, it's still packed with cars, packed with tracks, infinitely variable customization options, amazing immersion, weather, and if you are truly a driving or driving game enthusiast, the bones of the game should be enough to give you pleasure until future updates make things better. Which I will say again, gave GT Sport new breaths of life over and over again, for free, and for a long time.

I'm not excusing the downsides, just pointing out the completely hysterical attitudes of some of you that equate a fumbled game launch to the end of times. It will get better, and in the meantime, the game still offers so much for the car enthusiast to do. If you're not into cars, Elden Ring is out...
1647804250104.png

But credit for being Kaz Yamauchi's defence attorney.

Last edited:
I set myself top gear style challenges.
I put a money limit, let's say 60,000 and with that money I have to buy and prepare a car to win in the clubman+ 550, I can't exceed even 1cr
it's quite funny

View attachment 1126794

But credit for being Kaz Yamauchi's defence attorney.
So much truth is said in jest, and it's a tired "joke" that's been echoed enough that it's sad. Same thing with the "anyone defending GT7 is a Kaz simp" jab. Such a lazy, short-sighted, and lame attempt to farm other peoples already well worn material.

TLDR, your stolen jokes ain't funny, bruh.

I hope your emotions can recover from such a devastating blow. Soon, we will need a specific therapy practice to treat those with GTBD (Gran Turismo Bummer Disorder). The ramifications felt will change society for years, so we better get ready now. If we don't get updates quickly, we could have a full scale mental health crisis on our hands.

While my joke may not be funny, at least it's not some thoughtless, rehashed material from every other sad boy thread on here.

The core driving is good and thats why I am disappointed. I want to be able to try out loads of different cars but its just frustrating that to do that you gotta spend ages doing the same few races time and time again for sometimes a hole day just to buy 1 single car and tune it. Then once you have driven that car for a bit and wanna try out another its back to the same few races. Custom races offer almost 10 times less then world circuits. Like why is that? World circuits are the main way in making credits and there is so few of them in the game? I swear they don't add new content on purpose so people get so sick of grinding the same events that they just buy credits.
In Forza they have so much variety so you never feel like you have nothing to do. But not only that, they don't ever make you feel like you're wasting your time doing something. Thats where GT goes wrong. Nothing in the game pays you except races so when you do anything else you feel like you're doing it for nothing. You wanna be working your way through the progression system but they don't give you any ways in doing it except the same few races? Forza has car collecting levels but in a game where you're always earning money it works.
Then they finally do something new with missions but then they add so few of them and they only pay out once that when you complete them it becomes dead content. No reason to replay them. Oh drag racing in a GT game awesome. Accept the AI finishes at the exact same time no matter what car you in so you can just get in a sports car and win all of them? wow fun. Oh awesome drift events that give you money, finally GT are understanding their audience. Oh but they provide the car for you and you only get paid for it once. wow fun. The fuel one with the distance was cool but why is there no online leaderboards? Then the rest were just races in provided cars. There was only about 15 events that weren't races or overtake events which are just sprint races and not circuits. I just feel like GT is the same it was decades ago except each game offers less content than the last. Then they finally do something new but there was so few events with no replay-ability.
I guess I could have gone round it a better way but thats the reason why I don't find this game fun. Because yh new graphics are nice but for £70 this game has barely anything new. It has less races than the Ps2 games. Yh you get updates but they should be updates and not make up for the other 75% of game. Its not fun to have to repeat the same races everytime you wanna buy a new car to take round the track. Yet thats the only way to get credits? Forza solved this problem by adding rivals that change all the time. You race or drift against the online leaderboards and get paid for beating people. Its addictive and there is always someone better then you so it makes you a challenge. Why can't GT make their own twist on this? Oh wait because then people would have a fun way in making credits so they won't buy them off the store. Makes sense. Kaz said he doesn't like people grinding the same races so the obvious answer to that is to make more ways in making money. Why not add leaderboards to drift trials and pay people for climbing the leaderboards? And do the same for time trials? They clearly get ideas from Forza. Where do you think car collecting levels came from..?
You really aren't able to comprehend that in PS2 era all the content must have been on the disc at release and you were stuck with it for years? It's really so difficult to realize that this game will be supported for years with new content over time? And they told you before, as it's written on the box that you need an Internet connection to play it.

By the way, it seems the fun for you is to do the same dumb race over and over again to grind virtual money for virtual cars. We'll, in the time you spent writing those walls of text you would have made the money to buy a couple of cars, so why you're still here?

And it is very likely to be the end of games like this, the future is all about electric cars and it's going to be so different. Imagine the tuning screen..
The electric cars sound so boring in this game. I was thinking how in a couple of decades (if we make it that far) any racing game based on modern vehicles will sound really bland. I like EVs in real life as road cars, and I'm sure even as race cars they will be very fun to drive, but in a game the sound is part of the sensation of speed - and that will be lost.

I set myself top gear style challenges.
I put a money limit, let's say 60,000 and with that money I have to buy and prepare a car to win in the clubman+ 550, I can't exceed even 1cr
it's quite funny
We used to do this in older GTs as a forum competition. Good times.

My advice, altough it's just my opinion, is to be creative. For example, try "minmaxing" cars using the few credits that you have to build cars for a certain level of PP, such as 550 for road cars as there are two standing start races at HSR and Tsukuba at that level, 630 for Gr.4 and 730 for Gr.3, as they are the levels used also for the daily races and Gr.4 and Gr.3 cup races. As much as it sucks, I suggest to keep away from legendary cars and expensive cars in general and just wait for the higher paying events that were seen in Jimmy Fallon's video.

With all of that said I still understand your criticsm as it's all valid.
Building cars for the daily races is bugged. There is literally no point doing anything other than upgrading it as fully as possible and then using the performance limiter, ECU, and ballast to get it down to the right PP. This method will always beat just upgrading your car enough to reach the PP limit. Max it out, then limit it, you always end up with a faster car.

The electric cars sound so boring in this game. I was thinking how in a couple of decades (if we make it that far) any racing game based on modern vehicles will sound really bland. I like EVs in real life as road cars, and I'm sure even as race cars they will be very fun to drive, but in a game the sound is part of the sensation of speed - and that will be lost.
I am really curious how it's gonna work out, for what it is worth, i have been using the Taycan, it's a fun car once you get a hold of it..

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back