Can someone explain how this game is still fun?

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 154 comments
NOT ONE BLESSED POSITIVE POST EXCEPT THIS ONE ABOVE, I AM BLOODY SICK OF THE WHINING AND COMPLAINING, PLEASE JUST GIVE IT A REST, TRY TO ENJOY THE GAME AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE AND IF YOU CAN MAKE A BETTER GAME THAT HAS ALL THE STUFF YOU WANT THEN DO IT OTHERWISE SHUT UP AND POUND SAND.
While I somewhat agree with the basis of your comment, it is still ridiculous. You fired up your computer, went to GTPlanet, came to this forum, sauntered into this thread, and then chose to throw down an ALL CAPS comment like someone just released from an institution.

Many responses in here have supported playing GT7 for what it is, and many are bashing it for the things they don't like, but your comment does nothing for anyone except make them cringe.

For me it's still fun. It's fun because of learning the new to me tracks and remembering old ones. Fun to figure out that racing line that works best for me in that "ah ha!" discovery moment. Fun for taking a car in a race and running that race several times to continue dialing in my settings of the car. Fun to try and beat my previous fast laps. Fun because the cars are gorgeous. Fun because I love cars.

While I somewhat agree with the basis of your comment, it is still ridiculous. You fired up your computer, went to GTPlanet, came to this forum, sauntered into this thread, and then chose to throw down an ALL CAPS comment like someone just released from an institution.

Many responses in here have supported playing GT7 for what it is, and many are bashing it for the things they don't like, but your comment does nothing for anyone except make them cringe.
...deleted by author...

Last edited:
NOT ONE BLESSED POSITIVE POST EXCEPT THIS ONE ABOVE, I AM BLOODY SICK OF THE WHINING AND COMPLAINING, PLEASE JUST GIVE IT A REST, TRY TO ENJOY THE GAME AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE AND IF YOU CAN MAKE A BETTER GAME THAT HAS ALL THE STUFF YOU WANT THEN DO IT OTHERWISE SHUT UP AND POUND SAND.
This is objectively the funniest comment of all time. Imagine simping for PD so hard that you go on an all-caps rant, even bringing out the single worst argument of all time: "you can't do it better, so you are not allowed to have a negative opinion". It's a real shame PD will never read this brave, heroic defense of their microtransactions lure, because it's some great copypasta. "Shut up and pound sand..." 🤣

This is objectively the funniest comment of all time. Imagine simping for PD so hard that you go on an all-caps rant, even bringing out the single worst argument of all time: "you can't do it better, so you are not allowed to have a negative opinion". It's a real shame PD will never read this brave, heroic defense of their microtransactions lure, because it's some great copypasta. "Shut up and pound sand..." 🤣
...deleted by author...

Last edited:
Nobody is going to stop airing their frustrations about a product because you have a tendency to rage out over it for no good reason.
yes you are so right about this and i don't want to offend anyone else with my rant, i guess i am wrong in this i shall revisit my posts and edit accordingly by removing my comments and rants.
thank you.

kjb
For me I just enjoy getting in the cars and driving them. Once I finish the menu books and the license tests I will probably do some custom races and hot lapping until they fix it
This.

I made a Alpine A110 GT4 replica last night for use in a league coming up and I was having a blast. The car is quick, handles great and sounds amazing with the high rpm turbo and sport exhaust. I could have kept going but it was 11pm and I had to get to bed...

It's only better after years worth of free updates. GT Sport didn't even have any single player modes to speak of on launch.
And that’s because GT Sport is first and foremost an e-sports title and GT League was added later in response to disappointed long time fans who weren’t happy with how much of a deviation it was from the rest of the series.

Last edited:
Sorry the hole post is in bold. It was glitching and making half bold and half not so it was either all or half. I chose all.

I loaded up the game once since the new update. It took me a long time to build up the courage to load it up (I was debating if the game was actually worth my time). I started up a race got to half way through and remembered I have Netflix so I quit the game again.

• Right so if you buy credits you will spend them and be straight back to where you started so I feel like even if you are silly enough to buy micro-transactions you are only putting a bandaid on your problem.
  • This is obvious but you would have to repeat the same race for a hole day just to buy 1 legendary car (Not even tune it)
  • There is less races in this game then Gran Turismo 3 on the Ps2 (GT3 made in the year 2001 over 2 decades old)
  • The core racing is very similar to GTSport which you haven't got to spend money on to buy your favourite car. You just don't have the option to tune it but then you know Sport mode is balanced as your car is the exact same as someone else using the same car.
  • 90% of this game is copied directly from GTSport so most of the stuff you can do in GT7 you can do in the previous game
  • If you have a PC or Xbox you can play Forza Motorsport 7 which overall offers more fun then Gt7
  • Is it really fun repeating the same race 100 times just to buy a new car? If its the tuning aspect that you enjoy the most then you can already do this in Need for Speed?
  • GT7 hasn't brought anything new to the racing genre. Everything in this game has already been done. This isn't next generation racing. The Sophy AI hasn't even been added to the game so there for the only next gen thing hasn't been added to the game. Also Kaz stated that we need to wait for the rest of the races. So would you even call this game complete? That's clearly enough reason for Sony to have to allow a refund right there.
Overall the game isn't made with any passion which really shows. It just feels so empty and rushed. Even if I buy another car there is hardly any races to enjoy with that car. The Sport mode just overall isn't that fun for me. When I am playing it I am not working towards anything and I am not that good at the game compared to allot of people so I never come in the top 3 which makes the reward around 5k if not less credits.
The single player isn't even a real campaign. It's just a random bunch of races. Remember single player on GT Sport where there was a huge variety of race series. Each 1 was different. You would select 1 and it would be 5 races all in cars with Rotary engines or another 1 and it would be Beatles and campers and another that would be F1. There was such a wide variety of types of races. Why is that not in GT7. You still get the same concept but it has been made so basic and boring. Like there was only 5 or 6 unique races in the hole game. Not counting rally events as I wouldn't call this unique. If you still have GTSport downloaded. Just go on there and check out the variety of race events. Maybe even sit there and play a few races and tell you you don't have more fun playing that game than you do on GT7? The time when GT7 was down I was playing GTSport and honestly its made my opinion of GT7 way lower.
With Sport I am constantly playing new races because I know my credits are going up at a good rate no matter what races I am enjoying.
With Gt7 I am playing the same few races because nothing else pays well enough to be worth my time.
In GTSport I am using loads of different cars because the races have a hugely wide variety of event types that only certain cars qualify in.
GT7 the race restrictions are so basic you mainly just use the same cars all the time and I am repeating the same races as well so I am using the same car all the time anyway. Its just a PP restriction, Ferrari or rally. I think there was Ford F150 or something aswell. There you go that's all of GT7s unique race types. FUN!
In GTSport there is over 300 races to enjoy
In GT7 there is 90. I actually counted them. This includes all the menu book races. Not including champion ships thou. So we will be generous and add an extra 30 races for those (Even thou its less that that) so 120 races.
GTSport tuning is free. Or it cost milage points but you get more of those then you'll ever use. So its basically free.
GT7 tuning cost so many credits that you need to spend around 3 hours repeating the same race just to fully tune your car. Don't have the tires to qualify for a race? Well FU! go hit that track again.

I can't be bothered to list anymore. At this point its not even a comparison. GTSport is just overall more fun and a better game. I don't care about spoilers, defusers and body kits so much that I am willing to spend all day going round the track to try them out on a single car.

If you can think of anything to add then hit those comments up. But overall GT7 is just not a good game. It brings nothing new that hasn't already been done in another game. The only thing new its brought to the GT series is body kits and defusers.
Missions and circuit experience is just a twist on licenses so I count them as the same thing.
Its not a Next gen racing experience but instead a copy and paste of GTSport with tuning added and then a paywall behind everything you do. If people are seriously gonna put money on that then that would be extremely silly and it will make Sony rip them off even more. If you are sensible then you won't give into peer pressure and Sony will realise this isn't the way to go about things and they mite have some warmth in that extremely cold heart and remove these bs mtx requirements.
I'm loving the game and having lots of fun.

but yeah lobbies are still buggy, could go to track but couldn't drive, some people were getting damage while others weren't, weird grip issues, no timings showing for some people.. although the servers were better last night at least no ping issues.
Do you mean public lobby racing (not sport mode)? If so, public lobby rooms have never used "servers" to co-ordinate races beyond maintaining a list of who is hosting a room and who is in that room.

Just sat down and joined a lobby for 500ish pp on sh. Everything FR is still pretty much undriveable over the limit. Its like slip angle doesnt exist. Never had this in other sims.

The game in general is garbage. Im having no fun. Online is garbage.

At its core it's brilliant. Today I managed to turn a bone stock '02 Viper into a fairly decent recreation of the '99 Team Oreca Viper using the tuning tools (side note: add interior customisation PD!). To me that is amazing, and effectively bulks up the car list. Now, there is a separate issue about car class groupings (it's still a "road car", not Gr.3), but is such a cool feature and a snippet of what makes the game great.

I have a large list of issues with the game, from the poor "chase the rabbit" races to the lack of camera option flexibility...and the mtx/economy situation which is dire. But all in all I think I love the core game itself.

the game is fun, if you love the new tagline "real grinding simulator", or are a fan of dark souls games, especially soulsbornes.

Noz
I just wish we had some sort of car progression, like "drive 1000 miles" and you get Race tyres for free, take part in 10 races get suspension and so on, like attachments in shooter games were u use a weapon to unlock stuff!
That would be so much fun!
This would be extra cool, reminds me of playing WMMT in the arcades.

Sadly I really don’t know any more. I am about a couple days from being done with all the single player stuff and no incentive to play any more with complete crap payouts.

Well I finished the menus. Ended up sticking the game on Easy cus I was just so bored of single player and wanted to finish it asap.

Even if they release new events I probably won't play them unless they provide some worthy credits. Sport mode is where I'll be sticking. Racing the terrible AI in this game is simply not fun at all, it felt like a chore by the end.

Last edited:
Well I finished the menus. Ended up sticking the game on Easy cus I was just so bored of single player and wanted to finish it asap.

Even if they release new events I probably won't play them unless they provide some worthy credits. Sport mode is where I'll be sticking. Racing the terrible AI in this game is simply not fun at all, it felt like a chore by the end.
I did the same. The thought of playing any portion of single player for just one hour haunts me. I think I’ll just buy the credits to avoid it. I know that will paint me a pariah round these parts but so be it. The single player is just terrible. I need about 8 million credits for a extensive selection of gr3 and gr4 cars, maybe one gr2 as well. What’s that in grinding terms, 16 hours? Absolutely no way that’s happening. My time and sanity is worth whatever the credits cost; plus a piece of my soul.

Last edited:
I did the same. The thought of playing any portion of single player for just one hour haunts me. I think I’ll just buy the credits to avoid it. I know that will paint me a pariah round these parts but so be it. The single player is just terrible. I need about 8 million credits for a extensive selection of gr3 and gr4 cars, maybe one gr2 as well. What’s that in grinding terms, 16 hours? Absolutely no way that’s happening. My time and sanity is worth whatever the credits cost; plus a piece of my soul.
If that's what you choose to do that is okay. It is what it is

I usually find other games to play when the situation gets like that. Currently I've gone back to ACC, it's a ton of fun especially racing all the tracks I've not had any experience on, making new favorites and I'm learning a lot about driving physics variation in different cars

Last edited:
Haha, I've actually been having similar thoughts. Buy a couple of mill via MTX so I don't have to grind SP. We'll see. I want to try and get all the GR3/4 cars I can through unlocks. Rolling Stone missions give you a GR3 (or was it 4?) for both Bronze and Gold. And some others too I think. But doing even the first mission was off putting, the physics had me sliding around like I was on ice. Might just turn on all the assists to do it.

But yeah, a one off transaction to get a decent array of GR3/4 cars probably is still cheaper than doing the same in most PC sims. The principle of the matter annoys me though.

I would probably just move to iRacing but the scheduling in iRacing only really gives me the chance to do 2 races an evening max so I'm still umming and arring about whether I'll continue it after my 3 month free trial (plus of course, it's a lot more expensive than GT but it does at least have good physics and generally cleaner racing).

I usually find other games to play when the situation gets like that. Currently I've gone back to ACC, it's a ton of fun especially racing all the tracks I've not had any experience on, making new favorites and I'm learning a lot about driving physics variation in different cars
I found the online racing so compelling, that‘s where I spend my time. I’d like to try ACC but I only have a PS5, not sure if it’s any good on a console.

Haha, I've actually been having similar thoughts. Buy a couple of mill via MTX so I don't have to grind SP. We'll see. I want to try and get all the GR3/4 cars I can through unlocks. Rolling Stone missions give you a GR3 (or was it 4?) for both Bronze and Gold. And some others too I think. But doing even the first mission was off putting, the physics had me sliding around like I was on ice. Might just turn on all the assists to do it.

But yeah, a one off transaction to get a decent array of GR3/4 cars probably is still cheaper than doing the same in most PC sims. The principle of the matter annoys me though.

I would probably just move to iRacing but the scheduling in iRacing only really gives me the chance to do 2 races an evening max so I'm still umming and arring about whether I'll continue it after my 3 month free trial (plus of course, it's a lot more expensive than GT but it does at least have good physics and generally cleaner racing)
There's also raceroom racing and assetto with mods. Assetto is dirt cheap if you wait on sale. iracing should have the cleanest racing in theory, but the dlc model is just atrocious there

Back