Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any volunteers to PIT Manuever this guy in the first turn? :sly:

Please PIT Iforce, I need points to catch him 💡
And I didn't have much time to tune, so I'm using my Rome setup, so I expect Iforce to be faster anyway.

Jackwagon
Hey guys, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was hoping to join up for the enduro for a bit of racing and then maybe have a go for season 4 (whenever that may be)...

#18 Jackwagon (Kanvass): LeMans-Grün(lime green I think?)/Black

Name: Kanvass
Tuesday: sometimes
Friday: sometimes
Saturday: yes
Primary Points Race: Saturday (if available*)

And if *my* practice is any indication, I've got a lot of "work" to do to my car to get anywhere near 1:50 (and change) for Monaco. :nervous:

*I understand points are essentially meaningless to me for one race. :)

You are using basically same color as me. I use GT green metallic, Le Mans grün and Samba green pearl for my greens.

I don't care unless your dirty and I get rammed by someone after revenge. LoL

You are using basically same color as me. I use GT green metallic, Le Mans grün and Samba green pearl for my greens.

I plan on ramming you regardless. :sly:

Ha! I can change to Black/isotope green (and 2 less hp), if that will make it easier on everyone... Though I have this feeling I'll be out of most everyone's way until they come back around behind me with the lap times posted. :ouch:

This track is tough in the Cappy, I did the FGT A-Spec race two days ago and was flying, but in the cappy I suck. 1:48!! I'm still facing a barrier on the second last turn at that point ;)

Ha! I can change to Black/isotope green (and 2 less hp), if that will make it easier on everyone... Though I have this feeling I'll be out of most everyone's way until they come back around behind me with the lap times posted. :ouch:

Give your cappy to bob to run around in. Then change the oil and you should find the hp increases.

And welcome to the group!

This track is tough in the Cappy, I did the FGT A-Spec race two days ago and was flying, but in the cappy I suck. 1:48!! I'm still facing a barrier on the second last turn at that point ;)

Sounds like you've been hanging out with Bob too much! He loves to face the barrier's at Monaco. :dunce:

Brandon,

Don't remember if we normally run with penalties on or not, but will the be on tonight for the chicane after the tunnel?

Naptown25rs
Brandon,

Don't remember if we normally run with penalties on or not, but will the be on tonight for the chicane after the tunnel?

Good question. I prefer for everyone to attack the track like the would in real life so do your best to avoid cutting the chicane, but if you have to cut it to avoid contact with others then you most likely won't be penalized. If you happen to improve your position by cutting the chicane to avoid an incident, we ask that you give the position back at the first safe opportunity.

^ this. Cutting does not help lap times much anyway, and certainly isn't a way to get consistently fast through there.

dmanaenk
^ this. Cutting does not help lap times anyway.

Nope. In fact it's more likely to launch this little car into the water, James Garner style.

(referenced crash starts at 1:15 mark but I recommend watching the whole thing)

And while we're at it, enjoy this one too. :)

Those are both from the 1965 classic movie Grand Prix, and yes James Garner and all the other actors (save one) actually drove these cars at speeds of up to 120mph. The filmed the driving sequences 1 hour before the start if the real Monaco Grand Prix. They continued filming during the real Grand Prix and even had a camera car on the track (WTF??) so most of the Monaco footage in the movie is of the real race. I saw it for the first time a few months ago, it's a must see and the bonus features are just as good as the movie. It's unimaginable how they pulled it off.

Last edited:
Yuri urged me to find a copy of this movie. Speaking of Yuri, I am on lone child duty tonight, so I might have to show up last second Yuri style, crash into someone and quit :)

The Race Lounge is OPEN! Qualifying will start at 7:45 PM EDT. Remember that there is one mandatory pitstop on any lap except the last lap and please do your best not to cut the chicane. See you in Paradise!

*CLOSED*

Last edited:
Great racing tonight guys. That was a lot of fun and I think we were relatively incident free. I really like the races with pitstops, adds a nice element to the race. Congrats to DSG on the sweep of pole position and the victory (I think I just heard iforce swear).

imagerpz.jpg

I had to work late so i had no chance to get in this race.Congrats to dsg for the sweep and maybe the championship.I was hoping i wouldnt have to run this track but if i can find some time i might take a shot at it.

^shame. Hope you can come on Friday or Saturday.
Watched the replay of an awesome battle for 2nd and I think if Owens/Luxy show-up as well the race could be epic. Their lap times dropped throughout the race, with best just ~.1-.2 off mine.

Sounds like a great race, but alas it was way past my bedtime when you were racing.

Would some kind soul care to upload the replay for me (and others) to enjoy?

Edit: Looks like I've some serious practising to do: DSG's total race time averages out at 1:49.636 a lap. That's including the slower first lap and a pit stop. What's he running that car on? :)

Last edited:
DSG's total race time averages out at 1:49.636 a lap. That's including the slower first lap and a pit stop. What's he running that car on? :)

I believe it's Elf Blood, possibly Virgin Elf Blood.

EDIT: The Results and Standings have been updated with last nights race results. Special thanks to RDAardvark for adding the additional info to the Standings sheet, showing everyone's double-header results and enduro results. Remember, we are each dropping 1 double-header and 1 enduro so this should help everyone to get a better idea of where they stand.

Last edited:
StigsHero
Remember, we are each dropping 1 double-header and 1 enduro so this should help everyone to get a better idea of where they stand.

^was not my reading of the rules. But if so, congrats to iforce. I though statement in rules meant you cannot drop 2 enduros, not that you have to drop one. The latter makes no sense to me.

^was not my reading of the rules. But if so, congrats to iforce. I though statement in rules meant you cannot drop 2 enduros, not that you have to drop one. The latter makes no sense to me.

As a second opinion I took it how you took it dsg. Can be dropped, not has to be dropped.

Last edited:
Just for clarification, the Original Post says:
"To help accommodate real-life schedule conflicts, only the best 4 out of the 6 Rounds will be counted at the end of the championship (Note: Only 1 of the 2 Enduro races can be dropped). "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back