Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
^was not my reading of the rules. But if so, congrats to iforce. I though statement in rules meant you cannot drop 2 enduros, not that you have to drop one. The latter makes no sense to me.

As a second opinion I took it how you took it dsg. Can be dropped, not has to be dropped.

Just for clarification, the Original Post says:
"To help accommodate real-life schedule conflicts, only the best 4 out of the 6 Rounds will be counted at the end of the championship (Note: Only 1 of the 2 Enduro races can be dropped). "

You guys are correct, I should have gone back to read my own words before trying to speak from memory.

You are NOT required to drop one of the enduro's but you CANNOT drop both of them. If you want to count two enduro's and two double-header's that is perfectly acceptable, as is one enduro and three double-header's. Four double-header's and zero enduro's is right out though.

I apologize for the confusion, we had to adapt this rule mid-season and I had not gone back to review it thoroughly.

Oh, good.
Tbh, I don't remember how it even got to "Only 1 of the 2 Enduro races can be dropped". Last I remember we were discussing potential impact of spec2.0/weak draft could have on after-spec2 double-headers and how making it required not to drop both first two double-headers or the latter two double headers.

Oh, good.
Tbh, I don't remember how it even got to "Only 1 of the 2 Enduro races can be dropped". Last I remember we were discussing potential impact of spec2.0/weak draft could have on after-spec2 double-headers and how making it required not to drop both first two double-headers or the latter two double headers.

That's basically how it happened. We decided to use the weak draft on Enduro's and strong draft on the double-headers, but realized that meant people could drop both of the weak draft races which might be an unfair advantage. So we (as a group) opted to make a rule saying you could only drop 1 enduro so everybody would have at least one weak draft race on their points.

Of course a week or two after we decided this, they broke the weak draft (as far as anyone can tell the weak and strong are pretty much the same now) so it's really all for not. But I've had to make too many changes this season and didn't want to overturn a rule we had all agreed on so I stuck with it. I think it actually makes things a bit more interesting. 👍

what was the pole time?

1:47.426

The season is wrapping up this week and I plan on taking a little break over the holidays before starting up a new season since I'm sure people will be spending time with their families and perhaps vacationing. I still want to race with you guys during the down-time though so I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a Holiday Spa Enduro (with prizes!) during the second week of December on our normal time/nights (6th, 9th and 10th)? Perhaps with the Alfa TZ2? :)

Last edited:
Me needs more practice methinks.

Im down for Alfa's.The car is ok stock so it wont take much to find a good setup.

Me needs more practice methinks.

Im down for Alfa's.The car is ok stock so it wont take much to find a good setup.

Just a head's up, if you get pole position and win you will take home the championship. Anything less and DSG will get the glory. But, you have 2 chances left!! Of course DSG could show up to try to take the win himself just to prevent you from getting it. Should be very interesting!! :)

I presume if I run the Alfa's stock with "tuning prohibited" then you're not interested? :(

Just a head's up, if you get pole position and win you will take home the championship. Anything less and DSG will get the glory. But, you have 2 chances left!! Of course DSG could show up to try to take the win himself just to prevent you from getting it. Should be very interesting!! :)

I presume if I run the Alfa's stock with "tuning prohibited" then you're not interested? :(
Hmm my math says i only need a win for a total of 202.

Senna/Prost @ Suzuka huh.Lets hope it doesnt come to that.:indiff:

I like the car "my way' not Kaz's flunkies way.;) You thinking SS tires or RH?

Hmm my math says i only need a win for a total of 202.

Senna/Prost @ Suzuka huh.Lets hope it doesnt come to that.:indiff:

I like the car "my way' not Kaz's flunkies way.;) You thinking SS tires or RH?

You're right, you don't need pole. These points have been giving me headaches all day, I guess I need to go back to math class. lol

SS tires, the Alfa feel improper with race rubber on it.

I wouldn't mind doing the "tuning prohibited" option, more driver against driver, plus less time has to be spent on messing with the tune. I sure seem to be short on time around the holidays as it is. That's my opinion.

I wouldn't mind doing the "tuning prohibited" option, more driver against driver, plus less time has to be spent on messing with the tune. I sure seem to be short on time around the holidays as it is. That's my opinion.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I don't have much time around the holiday's either (presume most people don't) and since this is a new car to us it would help everybody to be able to just hop in and go, driver against driver instead of tuner against driver without time to tune. 👍

You're right, you don't need pole. These points have been giving me headaches all day, I guess I need to go back to math class. lol

I think you better stick to race organizing Brandon and leave math to the rest of us...lol.

By my calculations iForce you just need to win, pole or no pole doesn't matter...same with me...to get by Owens, assuming he doesn't win himself tomorrow or Saturday...

Last edited:
I'm all for tuning prohibited, as I can't tune. I don't know my negative camber from the toe out. Even if we race with tuning all I'll do is max the downforce and change the tranny. :)

Anybody else interested in some kind of Holiday Enduro? I'm open to suggestions if you guys don't like the Alfa/Spa idea, just thought it would be a good way to keep the group together over the holiday break. :)

StigsHero
Anybody else interested in some kind of Holiday Enduro? I'm open to suggestions if you guys don't like the Alfa/Spa idea, just thought it would be a good way to keep the group together over the holiday break. :)

I am!

StigsHero
Anybody else interested.....?

And I am definitely interested...!
Would love to go around Spa in the Alfa again... :)

Sorry for a late reply, but work and life are taking to much time at the moment :P
And I am sorry to say, but I will have to forfeit this weeks enduro as I have got another obligation this Saturday. :(

BREAKING NEWS!!! I just found out this car is CONFIRMED for the next batch of DLC!!

bestcarever.jpg

:dunce:

Would you mind notifying my boss of this? I can't believe he's making me work on POETS Day!! 👎

Every Friday should be POETS day!
(for those thinking "What the hell is he talking about, POETS = P*** Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday)

My boss has just left to catch a flight to the US (Clarkson voice: which is in America) to head home for Thanksgiving. Should be an easy afternoon.

Spa+Alfa+Enduro sounds good. I've got a couple of Alfa pictures I'll share when I get chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back