Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to DSG on the sweep. Bonus point for you sir. I too died at least twice tonight, no great loss but I fear my Cappy is a write off. :lol: Nobody's fault but my own though. :dunce:

FRIDAY RACE 1 RESULTS

imagefb.jpg

FRIDAY RACE 2 RESULTS

imageqhc.jpg

That was me that drilled you Yuri. I came around the turn and there you were. I had ruined my night on my own before that though. Had a pretty solid 2nd going in the first race, pushed to hard on that last sweeping left hander to stay in front of Owens, got sideways and hit the wall. I hit you shortly after that. The great thing about these double headers is you have a chance to redeem yourself. Started 1st for race 2 thanks to my horrendous race 1. Led the first 9 of 12 laps pretty easily with DSG and Vodas coming up through the pack. Had a 3 sec lead at the time. Went into the first left hander and some how lost the rear. When practicing I had some issues in a couple other turns, but never that one. I must have just hit the rear tires on the curbing differently than I had before. My possible win (long shot with DSG coming up fast), but most definitely my first podium was spinning down the drain. Had a blast up till that point. I feel like I am finally getting a feel for the Capp.

Congrats to Mikael on his first Capp Cup win! I redeemed myself in the first race only to undo it all in the second one. Glad to be done with this track, we'll be at Monaco next week for the final enduro of the season.

SATURDAY RACE 1 RESULTS

imageccb.jpg

SATURDAYRACE 2 RESULTS

imageguk.jpg

*Note: These results are pending review. I want to see what happened between Lancer and RDAardvark in the first race.

*EDIT: The results are final, while there was a minor bump from Lancer, he pulled over and waited for RDAardvark to get back underway and thus no further action will be taken.

Last edited:
Deleted pending confirmation of details

Last edited:
Anyone gonna be around for practice tonight or tomorrow? Curious how it's gonna work (or not) on this track with multiple cars... lol

Anyone gonna be around for practice tonight or tomorrow? Curious how it's gonna work (or not) on this track with multiple cars... lol

I will be on tomorrow night, about 8pm GMT. Just follow the tyre marks and orange paint marks on the barriers. You'll find me at the end of them!

The popular choice for this round seems to be Spa but i havent seen anything posted about that move being official.

Yes, we'll be at Monaco for the final week of the season. 22 lap enduro with 1 mandatory pitstop (on any lap except the final lap). Also remember that everyone can only drop 1 enduro at the end of the season, so make it a good one! 👍

So i just saw a commercial for the new Need for Speed: The Run. It basically looks like a race across the USA, Im all about gt5 but I think this is a great idea. Ive driven cross country in the USA a few times and always follow the rules but I always wanted to go faster. GT5 should ditch this b spec crap and have a cross country USA enduro instead, they should also include the General Lee and Bat Mobile in DLC. Now back to the capp racing

The old Bat Mobile from when Adam West was on the show not any of the new ones, Ill see you guys on tuesday, same capp time same capp channel.

Last edited:
Yes, we'll be at Monaco for the final week of the season. 22 lap enduro with 1 mandatory pitstop (on any lap except the final lap). Also remember that everyone can only drop 1 enduro at the end of the season, so make it a good one! 👍

This is what I posted about earlier and deleted pending further details so anyone hanging on the edge of your seat waiting for my "further details" can sit back and relax...lol.

So i just saw a commercial for the new Need for Speed: The Run. It basically looks like a race across the USA, Im all about gt5 but I think this is a great idea. Ive driven cross country in the USA a few times and always follow the rules but I always wanted to go faster. GT5 should ditch this b spec crap and have a cross country USA enduro instead, they should also include the General Lee and Bat Mobile in DLC. Now back to the capp racing

The old Bat Mobile from when Adam West was on the show not any of the new ones, Ill see you guys on tuesday, same capp time same capp channel.

You're right Torzilla, the Batmobiles, all of them, would be pretty cool in this game, the General Lee, Steve McQueen's Mustang, Starsky and Hutch's Torino, a 57' Chevy, a few famous and oddball cars would be a lot of fun so long as they get the sound right!!

You're right Torzilla, the Batmobiles, all of them, would be pretty cool in this game, the General Lee, Steve McQueen's Mustang, Starsky and Hutch's Torino, a 57' Chevy, a few famous and oddball cars would be a lot of fun so long as they get the sound right!!

Including this?
chitty-chitty-bang-bang.jpg

Or even this?
reliantrobinmk1.jpg

If you've never seen Robin Reliants being raced, put it on your to do list. Absolutely hilarious as they topple over in every corner only to be pushed upright again by the driver.

Just as long as no-one asks for bikes to be added.

Even the Stig rolled the Robin!

And the Robin is responsible for what I consider to be the FUNNIEST Top Gear segment EVER!!

Anyone know how we can bombard Polyphony Digitial with requests for the Reliant to be added to GT5? (or be included in GT6!)

RDAardvark
Anyone know how we can bombard Polyphony Digitial with requests for the Reliant to be added to GT5? (or be included in GT6!)

Just keep tweeting him links to the above Clarkson video, he'll get the hint eventually. :)

Anyone had a play at Monte Carlo yet?
Not quite sure of what lap times to expect but just how much below 1:50 do we expect lap times to go?

RDAardvark
Anyone had a play at Monte Carlo yet?
Not quite sure of what lap times to expect but just how much below 1:50 do we expect lap times to go?

I plan on doing some testing tonight but I'll only be able to tell you how much over 1:50 I will be. :dunce:

I've been 1:49 and change as my fast lap and average high 1:50's to low 1:51's, so there's probably a couple more seconds out there for the fast guys.

Any practice tonight?
UPD: well, I'm gonna be in Brandon's lounge, doing some laps.
UPD2: left.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was hoping to join up for the enduro for a bit of racing and then maybe have a go for season 4 (whenever that may be)...

#18 Jackwagon (Kanvass): LeMans-Grün(lime green I think?)/Black

Name: Kanvass
Tuesday: sometimes
Friday: sometimes
Saturday: yes
Primary Points Race: Saturday (if available*)

And if *my* practice is any indication, I've got a lot of "work" to do to my car to get anywhere near 1:50 (and change) for Monaco. :nervous:

*I understand points are essentially meaningless to me for one race. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back